Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" (21428 Views)

Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless / Fake Photo Alert: Tinubu In Abuja Not In The United States - Bayo Onanuga / Tinubu Did Not Disrespect Buhari - Bayo Onanuga (Media Director) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by naptu2: 6:18am On Aug 08, 2022
Bayo Onanuga is the founder of The News Magazine and PM News.

The News Magazine was one of the magazines that fought the military in the 1990s. It was always getting banned and its journalists were always getting arrested. Bola Tinubu was also involved in the pro-democracy campaign and I guess it was at that point that Bola Tinubu and Bayo Onanuga became friends.

Bayo Onanuga was one of Tinubu's advisers during his governorship campaign in 1999 and he claims that he introduced Professor Yemi Osinbajo to Bola Tinubu. He is also a member of Tinubu's campaign team right now.

Some people have edited Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia page and added the following words:

Bayo Onanuga (20 June 1957) is a journalist who founded TheNews Magazine and Agbado Bishops who were hired for a token to act as a bishop in the unveiling of Tinubu vice presidential candidate, he was appointed managing director of News Agency of Nigeria by president Muhammad Buhari, before that he was CEO and managing director of PM News and TheNEWS magazine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayo_Onanuga

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by naptu2: 6:18am On Aug 08, 2022
This sort of thing is not new.

1) In 2019 some people edited Jimi Agbaje's Wikipedia page and added some uncomplimentary remarks.

Unscrupulous People Edit Jimi Agbaje's Wikipedia Page (photos).
https://www.nairaland.com/5022508/unscrupulous-people-edit-jimi-agbajes

2) In 2021 Wikipedia had to lock Bola Tinubu's Wikipedia page after some people kept trying to alter his date of birth.

Wikipedia Locks Bola Tinubu's Page After It Is Attacked By Vandals
https://www.nairaland.com/6484321/wikipedia-locks-bola-tinubus-page

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by naptu2: 6:18am On Aug 08, 2022
The attack on Bayo Onanuga's page might be retaliation for this kind of shocking headlines.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by fvck(m): 6:27am On Aug 08, 2022
Lol
Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by MadamExcellency: 6:48am On Aug 08, 2022
naptu2:
The attack on Bayo Onanuga's page might be retaliation for this kind of shocking headlines.

@Naptu2
Incorrect statistics is not a definition of a lie and doesn't make one a liar.

Figures can be wrongfully quoted but drawing intent while fact checking a well defined discussion is what makes the journalist a lout.

Why use the word "lie" instead of "incorrect figure", if it was not meant to cut on the character than policy?

Do you call forecasts lies when they fail, No.

221 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by robinso01(m): 6:49am On Aug 08, 2022
Nigerians with wahala.lol

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by Omoluabi16(m): 6:59am On Aug 08, 2022
MadamExcellency:

@Naptu2

Figures can be wrongfully quoted but drawing intent while fact checking a well defined discussion is what makes the journalist a lout.

Why use the word "lie" instead of "incorrect figure", if it was not meant to cut on the character than policy?

Naptu called it shocking so i guess he shares your sentiments.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by RZArecta(m): 7:00am On Aug 08, 2022
Agbado guzzlers are a danger to Nigerias democracy cool

91 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:06am On Aug 08, 2022
You dont toy any how with the Generation Z, else you collect wotoporiously

48 Likes

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by naptu2: 7:07am On Aug 08, 2022
Good God! Why did anybody quote it and direct my attention to it? I only read and respond to posts by serious people.

The difference between what I wrote and what PM News wrote is clear to any reasonable and sensible person. The attempt to put words in my mouth and imply that I said something that I did not say is only being done because it is desperate for my attention and that's the only way that it believes it will get it.

My own views are clear and I posted them this morning.

naptu2:
shocked

What's going on with PM News??!

What kind of headline is that??

Oh! I now remember! I know what's happening.

I'm going to create a thread, but before that, watch out for my next post in order to understand what's happening.

naptu2:
I saw that crazy headline above and I was wondering why any serious newspaper would publish that kind of insane headline. Then a voice in my head reminded me that Bayo Onanuga is the publisher of The News.

I'll explain.

The News Magazine was one of the magazines that fought the military in the 1990s. It was always getting banned and its journalists were always getting arrested. Bola Tinubu was also involved in the pro-democracy campaign and I guess it was at that point that Bola Tinubu and Bayo Onanuga became friends.

Bayo Onanuga was one of Tinubu's advisers during his governorship campaign in 1999 and he claims that he introduced Professor Yemi Osinbajo to Bola Tinubu. He is also a member of Tinubu's campaign team right now.

That's the explanation for the insane headline that I have just seen.

(I have also discovered that people have launched a counter attack. That counter attack deserves a thread).

Nobody speaks for me and nobody decides what I will post or not post. I am quite capable of posting my own views.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by Ogbuu101: 7:08am On Aug 08, 2022
He is an agbado Bishop naa grin

22 Likes

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by Racoon(m): 7:08am On Aug 08, 2022
Nothing new! Abi the "agbago bishops" concept was not their doing again?

16 Likes

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 7:08am On Aug 08, 2022
people that call themselves obedient but abuse other tribe for their regional candidate won't cease to amuse me

which sane people will vote for someone that him and his kinsmen don't regards other tribe

to them south southeast and southwest and North central will elect Peter obi, the same north central that have Yoruba speaking communities

let the joke continues, by the time they will know the race is between Tinubu and Atiku it would have been late for them to Atikulate

people that are busy atikukating few years back are now abusing Atiku because of their tribesman is in ballot box.

make we see maybe emotions and online cruise will elect a candidate, the end will justify the means

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by Sonicroyel: 7:08am On Aug 08, 2022
Abegi make una getat.... be OBIdient and useful....

9 Likes

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by Zico5(m): 7:10am On Aug 08, 2022
These guys are empty barrels making the loudest noise. How will all these help Peter Obi to be the president. I wonder how they want to sail through all these propaganda. The most painful part of this is that majority of them are his tribemen who supposed to sell him reasonably well. Politics is a big game and should be played intelligently. Peter Obi needs to caution these guys more before they do the final damage to his reputation and dignity. By the time they see their scorecards it will be too late.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by OkoYibo: 7:10am On Aug 08, 2022
EfonAlaaye2023:
people that call themselves obedient but abuse other tribe for their regional candidate won't cease to amuse me

Those ones are playing UGM politics. Their eyes go soon clear.

162 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by naturefellow(m): 7:12am On Aug 08, 2022
MadamExcellency:

@Naptu2

wise one.

ICIR journalists are fond of this, when it comes to Peter Obi. Their political inclination is made evident with this habitat.

Can you call someone a liar for misquoting the Bible or Quoran?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by onomeabuja: 7:12am On Aug 08, 2022
naptu2:
Bayo Onanuga is the founder of The News Magazine and PM News.

Some people have edited Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia page and added the following words:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayo_Onanuga
O. K oooooooo
Apcshit we are viewing this thread with our prospective entourage from Apcshit undecided

7 Likes

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by inoki247: 7:12am On Aug 08, 2022
Na dem the intolerance online Bandit....

I remember before Primary election na dem dey open thread upon thread telling us how someone will fail and move to the next party instead na dere saint fail ad to run like a coward before the election....

Everywhere was so silent for like a week dey ad nothing to console dem sef Dan telling us how the election was dollarized....

3 Likes

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by ecolime(m): 7:13am On Aug 08, 2022
Ogbuu101:
He is an agbado Bishop naa grin
Ofcourse he is

4 Likes

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by SaliuAP(m): 7:13am On Aug 08, 2022
Nigerians play politics in a weird way. May the best candidate win the 2023 election and set us on a part to prosperity.

2 Likes

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by Shollyjay90(m): 7:13am On Aug 08, 2022
shocked

Desperate Obidient

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by KingKO22: 7:14am On Aug 08, 2022
Obituary supporters are still in severe pain that Bishops attended the unavailing of Shetima

We knw the height at which the cyber militants of Obituary supporters can go in order to feel happy.

Mind you. Have you now sacked the Twitter handler of Obituary campaign team with several lies busted already ?

Obi supporters are shameless for using Kenya rally as their stupid 100 men rally

2 Likes

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by system21: 7:14am On Aug 08, 2022
The fact that some Nigerians are still planning to vote apc is an indication that this country will never change

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by wolesmile(m): 7:14am On Aug 08, 2022
Should Peter Obi win, Nigeria will witness a catastrophe worse than what we are witnessing now.

2 Likes

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by SafariHunter(m): 7:15am On Aug 08, 2022
Haba na..
What kind of Savagery is this

2 Likes

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by mighty2: 7:15am On Aug 08, 2022
Nah work of ipob pigs be that, stupidity dey run in their blood.... If ipob pigs like make dem go drink sniper, the akpu munching fool will never be president of this country

150 Likes

Re: Bayo Onanuga's Wikipedia Page Edited To Include "Agbado Bishops" by kennyz247(m): 7:16am On Aug 08, 2022
interesting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community / PHOTO: Buhari And Saraki At Jumat Service / PT State Of The Race: Tinubu Repeats APC's 2015 Promises In Manifesto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.