Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,632 members, 7,813,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Is This CRD Related And Please What's The Treatment? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Is This CRD Related And Please What's The Treatment? (429 Views)

CRD In My Layers. Any Other Powerful Drug Except Tylodox Pls / Help !!! My Pullet Have Strong CRD That Catarrah Is Coming Out Of Their Nose / Send Us Your Staff, Lets Train Them On Tractor Driving And Related Functions!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This CRD Related And Please What's The Treatment? by Maxitomxane(m): 11:32am On Aug 08, 2022
Good Morning House, I have been going through the Agriculture Section of this forum and I was really impressed at the quality of information dispensed here.

I have been an offline spectator(Guest) though, I read mostly on poultry - the Chickens.(Broiler, Noiler, Kuroiler, sasso,etc).

I told my neighbour to help me get 10 broiler chicks from her supplier from whom she buys about 4-5 broiler chicks at least twice a year.
I told her to help me buy the chicks because I noticed how quick and fat they grow in the space of <4weeks.
She got the 10 broiler chicks for me at the rate of #1500 each. They were 7 males and 3 females. I think they were three weeks when she got them except 3 chicks..
Two were looking as small as two weeks, well they were females.
And the third was fully feathered already and bigger than the rest, it was also a female.
I'm sure it was a week older than the rest.
Well, she also got 5 broiler chicks for herself, which were all males and looking bigger than mine.
That was when I knew She probably bought mine from another place.

After I put my chicks in the cage, which is about 2 feet off the floor to allow for proper droopings cleaning. I noticed one of the two small female broiler chicks was making a weird slightly croaking sound which I didn't know was a symptom of CRD(As I got to know from this forum). The chicks kept on doing well for about 2 weeks+,(I even got two noiler chicks at two weeks for #1100 each, I was cheated cry ) till, the one with the croaking sound started deteriorating and it had infected others because about two other chicks had slightly swollen faces which accompanied fluid dripping out of their eyes, they all started coughing and wheezing, I even noticed it advanced to one particular Broiler chick struggling to breathe ... I got them tylosin which I administered for one week, it relived them for sometime..But by then, I had already killed two seriously affected broiler Chicks already at 5 weeks +.
It also affected my female noiler which is brown in colour which currently has recurrent foamy eyes which led to my creating this thread.
Thankfully, the remaining(3 healthy ones have been eaten already) 4 Broilers are now 9weeks and are healthy.

So I had 3 badly affected broilers which I had to kill , the major CRD carrier included.

I want to get another noiler soon, Please, does any one know how I can Identify a noiler that will get big if fed well?

And

What can I use to treat the foamy eyes in my female noiler?

First image is the arrival of broiler chicks
Second image is the arrival of the two noilers
Third is the current situation of the female noiler

Re: Is This CRD Related And Please What's The Treatment? by Maxitomxane(m): 11:36am On Aug 08, 2022
The Noilers at 5 weeks then.

Are they good Noilers?

Re: Is This CRD Related And Please What's The Treatment? by Maxitomxane(m): 11:38am On Aug 08, 2022
One of the male broilers at 7 weeks and the Male noiler at 6 weeks.

Re: Is This CRD Related And Please What's The Treatment? by Maxitomxane(m): 11:46am On Aug 08, 2022
Please, I also noticed my neighbor's broiler chicks were exactly long bodied like the image of this new broiler chick I got and had about 9 comb rows than mine which were seven row- combed.

Does this broiler strain have a name?
Coz I noticed it has more rows on its comb and has a slightly longer body.

Re: Is This CRD Related And Please What's The Treatment? by Maxitomxane(m): 11:48am On Aug 08, 2022
First picture is the current picture of the male noiler.

Second is the current picture of the female noiler.

Third is the current picture of one of the male broilers.

Last picture is the picture I took of them today

Re: Is This CRD Related And Please What's The Treatment? by aliadi2: 8:26pm On Aug 08, 2022
They're Cobb 500 and you can get procaine penicillin to treat that watery eyes.... Next time advance CRD that result in swollen face or thick catarrah coming out of the nose need a strong tylosin and doxycycline based drug like tylodox to treat it.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: Is This CRD Related And Please What's The Treatment? by Maxitomxane(m): 8:38am On Aug 09, 2022
aliadi2:
They're Cobb 500 and you can get procaine penicillin to treat that watery eyes.... Next time advance CRD that result in swollen face or thick catarrah coming out of the nose need a strong tylosin and doxycycline based drug like tylodox to treat it.
Shalom

Thank you so much for your response Sir.

Cobb 500...Hmmm.. what about the white broiler with longer body and more rows of comb?
And Last question, are the Noilers okay?

(1) (Reply)

Onion Irrigation Farm / I Need Palm Kernel Nuts In Large Quantity.. Urgent / Needed Urgently: Point Of Lay Birds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.