Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,312 members, 7,822,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads (1952 Views)

Huge Antarctica Snow Cruiser Is Missing Since 1940 In The Antarctica(Photos) / Why Can't All Roads In Lagos State Be Like The Roads In Alausa, Ikeja? (PHOTOS) / Why Has LASG Not Taken Advantage Of This Mode Of Transport 2 Decongest The Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by TMKsouth: 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2022
Yes! Snowfall of between 5- 20cm was confirmed in parts of South Africa on Monday. Here are some photos.

According to Vox Weather, temperatures dropped low enough for light snowfall on the mountain peaks of Sani Pass & Drakensberg (KwaZulu-Natal) and Lesotho.

FULL REPORT: THE SOUTH AFRICAN

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/news/photos-snowfall-confirmed-heres-where-to-see-snow-in-south-africa-now-breaking-news-latest-weather-08-august-2022-monday/

cc mysticwarrior parrot69 transcriber swaggerjack ironGalaxy jaceblaze

Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by TMKsouth: 4:08pm On Aug 08, 2022
Ask me as ABOUT WINTER in South Africa.

Does it snow everywhere?

What do we wear to protect ourselves against the cold ?

Does it really snow on Africa? And where?

What must you bring when you visit SA in winter?

Is it boring during winter in SA?
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by hisgrace090: 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2022
Is snow as cold as fridge?
Do people need fridge during winter?
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by JaceBlaze: 5:49pm On Aug 08, 2022
TMKsouth:
Yes! Snowfall of between 5- 20cm was confirmed in parts of South Africa on Monday. Here are some photos.

According to Vox Weather, temperatures dropped low enough for light snowfall on the mountain peaks of Sani Pass & Drakensberg (KwaZulu-Natal) and Lesotho.

FULL REPORT: THE SOUTH AFRICAN

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/news/photos-snowfall-confirmed-heres-where-to-see-snow-in-south-africa-now-breaking-news-latest-weather-08-august-2022-monday/

cc mysticwarrior parrot69 transcriber swaggerjack ironGalaxy jaceblaze

You're alive?? shocked cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by ednut1(m): 6:03pm On Aug 08, 2022
hisgrace090:
Is snow as cold as fridge?
Do people need fridge during winter?
snow is frozen rain. Freezer is like minus 18 degrees. In places like Canada, Russia they have minus 50 during winter. Of course you still use fridge na as your house will have heater

4 Likes

Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by Mrtaye: 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2022
TMKsouth:

Does it snow everywhere?

Which particular states does snow fall cos am very sure Kwazulu Natal isn't among
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by hisgrace090: 7:29pm On Aug 08, 2022
ednut1:
snow is frozen rain. Freezer is like minus 18 degrees. In places like Canada, Russia they have minus 50 during winter. Of course you still use fridge na as your house will have heater

Thank you!
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by semmyk(m): 1:05am On Aug 09, 2022
Typically doesn't snow everywhere in SA (Southie). Inbtw, SA has provinces (like 9ja used to have b4 the 'booming' of States.
KZN goes way beyond Durban.
When it does snow, you tend to get in NE Eastern Cape, NW KZN (KwaZulu Natal), Freestate, and the unannexed Lesotho (which remains an 'independent' country). You might pockets of snow here and there in Western Cape and Northern Cape.
When you see people (Abantu) with blanket wrapped around, don't think it's for the 'bundu' only or not fashionable. Better for the line or splash on very expensive overcoat from the stores!
As for TMKSouth, yes, it does snow in other parts of Africa apart from SA (and her Lesotho!)
----------
#amended extract
[John Peric: PhD candidate Florida Gulf Coast]
Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania get snow every year
Uganda, and the Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Uganda, Lesotho, and South Africa tend to get snow every year.
Libya, Egypt, Cameroon, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Mozambique, and Madagascar have had instances of snow or get it semi-annually
----------
Mrtaye:

Which particular states does snow fall cos am very sure Kwazulu Natal isn't among
TMKsouth:
Does it snow everywhere?
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by OlawaleBammie: 1:20am On Aug 09, 2022
TMKsouth:

Does it snow everywhere?

Snow dey fall for South Africa??

And besides, na which kain snow be this wey dey fall for either sides if the road be leaving the roads untouched and neat?

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by Mrtaye: 5:47am On Aug 09, 2022
semmyk:
Typically doesn't snow everywhere in SA (Southie). Inbtw, SA has provinces (like 9ja used to have b4 the 'booming' of States.
KZN goes way beyond Durban.
When it does snow, you tend to get in NE Eastern Cape, NW KZN (KwaZulu Natal), Freestate, and the unannexed Lesotho (which remains an 'independent' country). You might pockets of snow here and there in Western Cape and Northern Cape.
When you see people (Abantu) with blanket wrapped around, don't think it's for the 'bundu' only or not fashionable. Better for the line or splash on very expensive overcoat from the stores!
As for TMKSouth, yes, it does snow in other parts of Africa apart from SA (and her Lesotho!)
----------
#amended extract
[John Peric: PhD candidate Florida Gulf Coast]
Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania get snow every year
Uganda, and the Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Uganda, Lesotho, and South Africa tend to get snow every year.
Libya, Egypt, Cameroon, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Mozambique, and Madagascar have had instances of snow or get it semi-annually
----------

Wow so snow falls in small Lesotho
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by swaggerjack: 7:05am On Aug 09, 2022
JaceBlaze:

His ban expired
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by Mide3367: 10:30am On Aug 09, 2022
Cool

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 09, 2022
We don't have states in South Africa, only provinces.. and not all provinces experience snow during winter, especially the northern provinces.
Mrtaye:

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by Mrtaye: 1:15pm On Aug 09, 2022
Samantha123:
We don't have states in South Africa, only provinces.. and not all provinces experience snow during winter, especially the northern provinces.
Okay thanks so much for the information orekelewa mi
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2022
I'm the curious type, so what does orekelewa mi mean
Mrtaye:

Okay thanks so much for the information orekelewa mi
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by Mrtaye: 1:32pm On Aug 09, 2022
Samantha123:
I'm the curious type, so what does orekelewa mi mean
My pretty/beautiful/gorgeous/fine lady
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 09, 2022
Oh! Thanks.. what language is it? If you don't mind me asking.
Mrtaye:

My pretty/beautiful/gorgeous/fine lady
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by billyadam(m): 1:46pm On Aug 09, 2022
Samantha123:
It's Yoruba language by the Yoruba Tribe, SW Nigeria. How many languages do u know in Nigeria.
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 09, 2022
I've heard of Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, and Fulani.
billyadam:

It's Yoruba language by the Yoruba Tribe, SW Nigeria. How many languages do u know in Nigeria.
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by Mrtaye: 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2022
Samantha123:
Yea that's Yoruba language predominantly spoken by the Yoruba tribe from South West Nigeria...se emi ati Iwo le je ore timotimo
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2022
Oh! Nice..
Mrtaye:

Yea that's Yoruba language predominantly spoken by the Yoruba tribe from South West Nigeria...se emi ati Iwo le je ore timotimo

.se emi ati Iwo le je ore timotimo..and whatever this means, thank you. cheesy grin
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by Mrtaye: 3:20pm On Aug 09, 2022
Samantha123:
Oh! Nice..

.se emi ati Iwo le je ore timotimo..and whatever this means, thank you. cheesy grin
Looolz let me help to translate ,"se emi ati Iwo le je ore timotimo"......"can me and you be tight friend"�����
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 09, 2022
I'm still new here and I'm still trying to find my place within the forum.. smiley smiley

But thanks for teaching me the Yoruba language.. smiley smiley
Mrtaye:

Looolz let me help to translate ,"se emi ati Iwo le je ore timotimo"......"can me and you be tight friend"�����
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by Mrtaye: 4:04pm On Aug 09, 2022
Samantha123:
I'm still new here and I'm still trying to find my place within the forum.. smiley smiley

But thanks for teaching me the Yoruba language.. smiley smiley
You are very welcome pretty
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by TMKsouth: 5:17pm On Aug 16, 2022
;
JaceBlaze:

grin grin grin grin

Oh yeah Jace! Howzit? Missed u man.
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by TMKsouth: 5:18pm On Aug 16, 2022
Mrtaye:

It snows every year in the Drakensberg mountains of KZN.
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by TMKsouth: 5:22pm On Aug 16, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
Snow dey fall for South Africa??

And besides, na which kain snow be this wey dey fall for either sides if the road be leaving the roads untouched and neat?

Hilarious grin grin grin

We'll spotted. I can't answer that one. Maybe its the heat the cars are emitting that's melting the ice on the road.

But SA is generally always PICTURESQUE cool grin
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by TMKsouth: 5:23pm On Aug 16, 2022
swaggerjack:

His ban expired

One year ban undecided undecided undecided
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by Mrtaye: 6:18pm On Aug 16, 2022
TMKsouth:

It snows every year in the Drakensberg mountains of KZN.
Okay in the mountainous areas but what about the hinterlands of KZN and densely populated communities
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by TMKsouth: 6:35pm On Aug 16, 2022
Mrtaye:

Okay in the mountainous areas but what about the hinterlands of KZN and densely populated communities

It rarely snows there.

Remember SA's 3 big cities are geographically diverse. Durban is tropical (you can't expect snow), Cape Town is Mediterranean (European weather) and Johannesburg is arid (desert conditions but it has snowed here more often than other cities).
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by Mrtaye: 8:55am On Aug 17, 2022
TMKsouth:

It rarely snows there.

Remember SA's 3 big cities are geographically diverse. Durban is tropical (you can't expect snow), Cape Town is Mediterranean (European weather) and Johannesburg is arid (desert conditions but it has snowed here more often than other cities).
Wow nice climate, would love to visit SA someday cos of those big ikebe ladies lolz
Re: PICTURES: It's Winter In South Africa - Here's Snow On The Roads by Ertugrul: 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2022
Mrtaye:

Wow nice climate, would love to visit SA someday cos of those big ikebe ladies lolz
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Class Scam: Man Fools, Swindles 7,000 Nigerians Over Canadian Visa / Please Help With The Cost And Cheapest Route To Abeokuta From Portharcourt / Nigerians Speaking Diffrent European Languages..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.