Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,930 members, 7,866,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:15 PM

Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan (2285 Views)

Peter Obi Hails Tinubu For Adopting Oronsanye Report / Peter Obi Hails Kekwaaru Ngozi Mary For Retuning Misplaced $70,000 To The Owner / Peter Obi Hails The Appointment Of Ibrahim Gambari As Chief Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by femisplash: 6:19pm On Aug 08, 2022
Advocate500:
Adeboye graduated from unn ,we are yet to hear him donating a pen or a block to any classroom in UNN, so what can you say about that? Oga given is a thing of the mind .
He didn't graduate from UNN, Ojukwu sent them back home because he couldn't guarantee their safety in the events leading to the civil war.
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by Viscuz: 6:19pm On Aug 08, 2022
diadem10:

Point is he was reciprocating the good gesture of the southwest. If you had a good and heartwarming experience in a place, you will feel attached to the place.

Phahahahah how many yoruba graduate donated to any south south or south east or even north west universities ?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by Advocate500: 6:20pm On Aug 08, 2022
diadem10:

Another lie. Adeboye graduated from OAU.

Apart from attending UI in the southwest, this particular doctor may have even grew up and developed in the southwest which accomodated him, compared to the hatefilled south east region.

Meanwhile, let's wait till the doctor wire the money to the school.
Adeboye attended university of nsukka ,but could not complete his first degree because of the civil war,go and get information, before misinforming yourself.

You can continue with your insult and ranting about south east that is none of my business, but i am putting the record straight, some of you expect what you can never give to others.
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by diadem10: 6:21pm On Aug 08, 2022
Viscuz:

Phahahahah how many yoruba graduate donated to any south south or south east or even north west universities ?

Howe many Yoruba graduated from UNN? Una dey ment?

Besides, if none had a good experience in your region but was just managing till he graduated, he won't remember anything.
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 08, 2022
femisplash:

You need some exposure. Some people donate a part of their fortune in a WILL to selected institutions.

You're a clown. Show me anyone in Nigeria that has done what he did.

Donating in a will is not same as donating while still alive. People donate their organs in their will. It's not easy when alive.

You definitely have a questionable IQ for comparing apples and oranges
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by Viscuz: 6:24pm On Aug 08, 2022
diadem10:

Howe many Yoruba graduated from UNN? Una dey ment?

Besides, if none had a good experience in your region but was just managing till he graduated, he won't remember anything.

I ask you simple question you dey foam for mouth like camel .

Answer the simple question

Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by wiseoneking: 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2022
femisplash:

University of Ibadan is his Alma mater. The school made him and he came back to appreciate. He's not the first to donate to his Alma mater and will never be the last. The region that gave you Education is worth more a million times than where you were birthed. Lots of ibos are schooling in the SW because it is host to the best educational institutions in the country.
Igbos helping yorubas to upgrade. That's a good gesture. I don't think in the history of any SW school ever to have received half a million dollars, but here is this Nteje Anambra man putting a big smile on the face of UI and SW in general. Igbos are the least tribalistic people I ever known

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by Advocate500: 6:26pm On Aug 08, 2022
femisplash:

He didn't graduate from UNN, Ojukwu sent them back home because he couldn't guarantee their safety in the events leading to the civil war.
but that is his school, the fact he didn't graduate there, doesn't mean he is not a student of the institution.
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by diadem10: 6:26pm On Aug 08, 2022
Advocate500:
Adeboye attended university of nsukka ,but could not complete his first degree because of the civil war,go and get information, before misinforming yourself.

You can continue with your insult and ranting about south east that is none of my business, but i am putting the record straight, some of you expect what you can never give to others.

Well, you see..

First, Adeboye didn't graduate from there. That's a fact.

Secondly, he experienced the hate filled toxicity during the civil war.

So what experience did you want him to bank on? Imagine you went to a school, you couldn't even graduate from there but rather, you almost got lynched from there? Would you feel heartwarming whenever you think about the experience? It would be scary experience.. Something you would rather quickly forget about..

Meanwhile, Let's wait till the doctor wire the money sef.

Like I said already, this particular doctor probably grew up in the southwest apart from graduating from UI. At least he wasn't an ingrate like his other hate filled people. He was probably lucky not to be breastfed by toxic igbo parent who poison the mind of their children with tales filled with lies.
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by diadem10: 6:29pm On Aug 08, 2022
Viscuz:

I ask you simple question you dey foam for mouth like camel .

Answer the simple question

I asked you a question. How many graduated?
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by Viscuz: 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2022
diadem10:

I asked you a question. How many graduated?

No need to answer u

U never travel commot from Makoko slum since them born u
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by femisplash: 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2022
whitephoenix:

You're a clown. Show me anyone in Nigeria that has done what he did.

Donating in a will is not same as donating while still alive. People donate their organs in their will. It's not easy when alive.

You definitely have a questionable IQ for comparing apples and oranges
You need exposure.The WILL represents your total worth, whatever you donate therein represents a true asset of the total worth. Whatever you give while being alive is what you can afford to give out at the material time.
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by diadem10: 6:38pm On Aug 08, 2022
Viscuz:

No need to answer u

U never travel commot from Makoko slum since them born u

Lmao. Your school that hardly admit from other region sef. UI don't do that.
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by Viscuz: 6:41pm On Aug 08, 2022
diadem10:

Lmao. Your school that hardly admit from other region sef. UI don't do that.

Guy no be everything you read for internet be real life o .

Try dey explore once once then ask people on ground .
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by femisplash: 6:43pm On Aug 08, 2022
wiseoneking:
Igbos helping yorubas to upgrade. That's a good gesture. I don't think in the history of any SW school ever to have received half a million dollars, but here is this Nteje Anambra man putting a big smile on the face of UI and SW in general. Igbos are the least tribalistic people I ever known
Helping who?.. We are talking UI here, dude. He was a nobody as a student of UI. Everything he has become is credited to the school that moulded him. If he cared that much, let him donate same to the Anambra state government, after all, the state government is broke and recently had to go borrow 100 billion.
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 08, 2022
femisplash:

You need exposure.The WILL represents your total worth, whatever you donate therein represents a true asset of the total worth. Whatever you give while being alive is what you can afford to give out at the material time.

Once again, you have a questionable IQ. A Nigerian who is not a billionaire made a one million dollar donation. You who have not donated 10K to any good course wants to trivialise what he did.

Show me any Nigerian that has done same. You can't.

If it is easy for people to give out the things they leave in their will, why don't they do it while alive. Stop being a hater, hating Dr Ozuah just because of his tribe.

It won't kill you to acknowledge that what he did is not easy.
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by femisplash: 6:45pm On Aug 08, 2022
Advocate500:
but that is his school, the fact he didn't graduate there, doesn't mean he is not a student of the institution.
Lol, should he celebrate half-baked education in the school?
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by BlackPantherxXx: 6:48pm On Aug 08, 2022
whitephoenix:
Igbos will continue to show that they love other tribes even if some persons continue to insult us all with derogatory names, calling us 7th class citizens and saying "no igbo man WILL EVER be president "

Unfortunately both "insults" are the bitter truth.

If you went to UI like this guy instead of Abia Poly, you would realize this.

Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 08, 2022
BlackPantherxXx:

Unfortunately both "insults" are the bitter truth.

If you went to UI like this guy instead of Abia Poly, you would realize this.

Empty vessels make loud noises. You don't want to know where I've been to.

But I won't insult UI, not when I have good memories of my time in UCH
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by BlackPantherxXx: 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2022
By the way, the Doctor donated to UI because SW made him.

If he had gone to UNN, might have been a gala seller.

I commend gestures like this. STANFORD got over $ 1 billion in 2013 from alumni donations alone.

Yet Indimi was foolish enough to give a New York University $ 20 million because his daughter graduated from there. If he had given UNIMAID, maybe they would have left ASUU by now.

Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by BlackPantherxXx: 6:53pm On Aug 08, 2022
whitephoenix:

Empty vessels make loud noises. You don't want to know where I've been to.

But I won't insult UI, not when I have good memories of my time in UCH

You can't possibly insult the best university in Nigeria except you have psychiatric issues.

That's the Harvard of Nigeria.
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by femisplash: 6:54pm On Aug 08, 2022
whitephoenix:

Once again, you have a questionable IQ. A Nigerian who is not a billionaire made a one million dollar donation. You who have not donated 10K to any good course wants to trivialise what he did.

Show me any Nigerian that has done same. You can't.

If it is easy for people to give out the things they leave in their will, why don't they do it while alive. Stop being a hater, hating Dr Ozuah just because of his tribe.

It won't kill you to acknowledge that what he did is not easy.
Stop throwing tantrums, no one is hating on him. He had looked back into his life to have appreciated the school that made him. We all have Alma maters and we do as much as possible for our schools as old students.
I am not obliged to reveal to you what people donate to any institutions, if you're pressed for it. go make your findings in those Schools.
One of Nigerians billionaires, Indimi donated millions of dollars to a tertiary institution he never graduated from.
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by ojesymsym: 6:55pm On Aug 08, 2022
To move that money out of America economy go hard. America hate such amount of money moving in one swoop.
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by richie240: 6:57pm On Aug 08, 2022
The same Adeboye that Igbos'/ESN have placed an embargo on?
Nor be d person wey fit step foot inside alaigbo go think of donation?
grin grin
Advocate500:
Adeboye graduated from unn ,we are yet to hear him donating a pen or a block to any classroom in UNN, so what can you say about that? Oga given is a thing of the mind .
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by etrouble: 7:09pm On Aug 08, 2022
Okwyjesus:

I didn't hear anybody call Ozuah IPOB.
Nice to know.

Let's be counting the tribe that is more patriotic and detribalized.

He is IPOB. We gave you education. Ask him why he didn't do his first degree in any of your Igbo substandard university
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by Advocate500: 7:09pm On Aug 08, 2022
richie240:

The same Adeboye that Igbos'/ESN have placed an embargo on?
Nor be d person wey fit step foot inside alaigbo go think of donation?
grin grin
bigot, that Dr donated from USA ,if Adeboye is a giver, he doesn't need to travel to east before his impact can be felt in UNN.
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by ASAPFERG1: 7:44pm On Aug 08, 2022
wiseoneking:
igbo man shutup.. this is otedola donating $6m to a university in lagos.. you people and your chestbeating self
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2018/12/01/nigerian-oil-tycoon-femi-otedola-donates-6-million-building-to-university/%3Fsh%3D54a5ccf13fdc&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwi2n_Ty8rf5AhXQCewKHT1uCBYQFnoECAkQAg&usg=AOvVaw06eeFW8OlZZJYVNqu9Ls7Y
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by diadem10: 7:45pm On Aug 08, 2022
Advocate500:
bigot, that Dr donated from USA ,if Adeboye is a giver, he doesn't need to travel to east before his impact can be felt in UNN.

You keep forgetting the fact that Adeboye's Alma mater is OAU, not UNN. He didn't graduate from UNN nor did he have a good experience there. He was almost lynched during the civil war. And now they want to kill him again.
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by obyrich(m): 7:47pm On Aug 08, 2022
ElSudani:

He was educated at U.I
It is not uncommon for people to donate to their alma mater.
How much have you donated to yours?
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by obyrich(m): 7:50pm On Aug 08, 2022
femisplash:

University of Ibadan is his Alma mater. The school made him and he came back to appreciate. He's not the first to donate to his Alma mater and will never be the last. The region that gave you Education is worth more a million times than where you were birthed. Lots of ibos are schooling in the SW because it is host to the best educational institutions in the country.
How many of your tribesmen who graduated from UNN or FUTO have donated to those schools? Appreciate him and move on. ASUU will not be on strike today if it is common for people to donate 1 million dollars to their Alma mater.
Re: Peter Obi Hails Ozuah For Donating 1 Million Dollars To University Of Ibadan by obyrich(m): 7:55pm On Aug 08, 2022
wiseoneking:
Prof Kenneth Dike, an Anambra man from Awka was after all the first indigenous Vice Chancellor of UI. Igbos have always been there to show the way to them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos March - Operation Take Back Lagos / 100,000 People Welcome Obi To The Charismatic Renewal Camp, Delta State / See Peter Obi's Response On Channels When Asked About His Action On ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.