Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,932 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe (717 Views)

Hamas Announces It Will Begin Executing Hostages On Live Broadcasts / Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Killed Himself With Suicide Vest - President Trump Confirms / 'Cameroon Soldiers' Executing Women And Children (Graphic Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:33am On Aug 09, 2022
CNN)The FBI executed a search warrant on Monday at Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida, as part of an investigation into the handling of presidential documents, including classified documents, that may have been brought to Florida, three people familiar with the situation say.

Trump confirmed that FBI agents were at Mar-a-Lago and said "they even broke into my safe."
"My beautiful home, Mar-A-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, is currently under siege, raided, and occupied by a large group of FBI agents," he said in a statement Monday evening.

The former President was not in Florida at the time that the search warrant was executed
The search began early Monday morning and law enforcement personnel appeared to be focused on the area of the club where Trump's offices and personal quarters are, according to a person familiar with the matter.
The Justice Department declined to comment to CNN, as did the White House. A White House official said it was not notified about the search.

CNN has reached out to the FBI for comment.
The Justice Department has two known active investigations connected to the former President, one on the effort to overturn the 2020 presidential election and January 6, 2021, and the other involving the handling of classified documents.
The National Archives, charged with collecting and sorting presidential material, has previously said at least 15 boxes of White House records were recovered from Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort -- including some that were classified.
In April and May, aides to Trump at Mar-a-Lago were interviewed by the FBI as part of the probe into the handling of presidential records, according to a source familiar with the matter.
This story is breaking and will be updated.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/08/politics/mar-a-lago-search-warrant-fbi-donald-trump/index.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:44am On Aug 09, 2022
Trump is traveling while the FBI is combing through his home and there’s nothing he can do about it.
He knows what happens after an FBI raid, I’m sure he is nervous.
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by Nobody: 2:21am On Aug 09, 2022
The morbidly obese orange turd deserves worst!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by Obrigardo: 2:31am On Aug 09, 2022
Criminal trump stole Official Government documents and stashed them away at Mar-a-lago. A federal judge likely a trump appointed judge signed off on the search warrant, carried out by a trump appointed FBI head and overseen by a trump fan Republican Governor. So when whiners start calling out the "vicious left", just laugh at their stupidity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by EnlightenedUFO: 2:33am On Aug 09, 2022
wow this is breaking news
Front page

Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by GloriousGbola: 3:03am On Aug 09, 2022
1stGenAmerican:
CNN)The FBI executed a search warrant on Monday at Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida, as part of an investigation into the handling of presidential documents, including classified documents, that may have been brought to Florida, three people familiar with the situation say.

Trump confirmed that FBI agents were at Mar-a-Lago and said "they even broke into my safe."
"My beautiful home, Mar-A-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, is currently under siege, raided, and occupied by a large group of FBI agents," he said in a statement Monday evening.

The former President was not in Florida at the time that the search warrant was executed
The search began early Monday morning and law enforcement personnel appeared to be focused on the area of the club where Trump's offices and personal quarters are, according to a person familiar with the matter.
The Justice Department declined to comment to CNN, as did the White House. A White House official said it was not notified about the search.

CNN has reached out to the FBI for comment.
The Justice Department has two known active investigations connected to the former President, one on the effort to overturn the 2020 presidential election and January 6, 2021, and the other involving the handling of classified documents.
The National Archives, charged with collecting and sorting presidential material, has previously said at least 15 boxes of White House records were recovered from Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort -- including some that were classified.
In April and May, aides to Trump at Mar-a-Lago were interviewed by the FBI as part of the probe into the handling of presidential records, according to a source familiar with the matter.
This story is breaking and will be updated.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/08/politics/mar-a-lago-search-warrant-fbi-donald-trump/index.html

let me enter reddit - it will be lit!

2 Likes

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by OhBritannia(m): 4:09am On Aug 09, 2022
Fbi raided the home of Donald Trump and you are here laughing and celebrating?

Fools!!!!!!!!!!! America is About or on the brink of a potential civil war and you are here laughing?

Even some top Democrats ain't happy with the news, i was watching CNN some minutes ago and you can tell that even the reporters are not happy with the news.

This isn't about being a democrat or a republican. At a time when the whole country needs to come together and sort out their differences so they can Unite against external enemies like Iran, China and Russia. Some Democrats are about to start a civil war and you are here laughing?

You haven't seen war before so you probably don't know what a war means for America where everyone has a gun.

This raid threatens everything America is built on.
This raid threatens the peace of America down to the very foundation.

I give you few months from now, those responsible for this act of war are going to pay for it.
Watch as this foolish act will make top Democrats start resigning because they wouldn't want to be part of this witch hunt anymore.

This was simply uncalled for and those responsible will pay for it, watch what's about to happen.
Mark my words.

It's like DSS going to raid the home of former president Goodluck Jonathan when everyone knows he is innocent and even if you want to investigate Goodluck Jonathan, there are ways to go about it maturely and presidentially but going into his home to raid him threatens the very security of Nigeria.

Things like these should be handled like someone handling a raw egg.
You have to handle it with care.

No nation in this modern world, be it America or china or Uk or Russia can survive a civil war, no matter how strong their military is.

Any nation that goes to a civil war in this era, is doomed forever.

The FBI should have known this.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by jimetagambo: 4:43am On Aug 09, 2022
OhBritannia:

Fools!!!!!!!!!!! America is About or on the brink of a potential civil war and you are here laughing?

Even some top Democrats ain't happy with the news, i was watching CNN some minutes ago and you can tell that even the reporters are not happy with the news.

This isn't about being a democrat or a republican. At a time when the whole country needs to come together and sort out their differences so they can Unite against external enemies like Iran, China and Russia. Some Democrats are about to start a civil war and you are here laughing?

You haven't seen war before so you probably don't know what a war means for America where everyone has a gun.

I give you few months from now, those responsible for this act of war are going to pay for it.
Watch as this foolish act will make top Democrats start resigning because they wouldn't want to be part of this witch hunt anymore.

This was simply uncalled for and those responsible will pay for it, watch what's about to happen.
Mark my words.

It's like DSS going to raid the home of former president Goodluck Jonathan when everyone knows he is innocent and even if you want to investigate Goodluck Jonathan, there are ways to go about it maturely and presidentially but going into his home to raid him threatens the very security of Nigeria.

No nation in this modern world, be it America or china or Uk or Russia can survive a civil war, no matter how strong their military is.

Calm down your nerves Trump fanboy. The FBI are only enforcing "Law and Order" that Trump has always talked and tweeted about. Are you aware that the current director of the FBI was appointed by Trump?

You are even comparing Nigeria's and America's justice system. Unlike Nigeria where corrupt Babanginda aka Maradona or any past president are being worshipped as heroes, the FBI aren't loyal to either the President or an ex-president of the US. They are LOYAL to the Constitution and the Rule of Law.

grin grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by jimetagambo: 5:17am On Aug 09, 2022
GloriousGbola:

let me enter reddit - it will be lit!
He is being roasted on Reddit. Trump the stable genius grin

2 Likes

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by useni1: 5:48am On Aug 09, 2022
1stGenAmerican:
Trump is traveling while the FBI is combing through his home and there’s nothing he can do about it.
grin
While my guerilla warfare to destroy America continues, nobody touches my boy Trump. He is gonna become the president 2024 and deport all immigrants back to their home country. There is already a spot for you in Anambra where you gonna be frying akara and akamu. Every Nigerian in America must be deported. The days of marrying a taxi driver for k-1 visa are over

2 Likes

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by God1000(m): 6:37am On Aug 09, 2022
He must be feeling so helpless, it serves him right

2 Likes

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by Obrigardo: 7:19am On Aug 09, 2022
Wondering what crime trump may have committed. Espionage, Selling State secrets? or just downright destroying Government papers?

1 Like

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by Snitch24(m): 7:26am On Aug 09, 2022
OhBritannia:

Mark my words.

Saying gibberish with confidence

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by Obrigardo: 8:11am On Aug 09, 2022
OhBritannia:

Mark my words.

Utter Nonsense..
When Hillary was hounded for allegedly deleting emails i bet you never thought America will burn down, Rubbish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 09, 2022
1stGenAmerican:
grin

Saving this for the inevitable anticlimax as usual. It will be fun
Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 09, 2022
Lmao. Years of prosecution and accusations of ever crime under the sun and they want to go after this man for mishandling classified docs? Lmaoooo!

Same crime Hillary skated with after smashing phones and bleaching servers? We all know this raid is happening because they know Trump intends to announce his run for president soon.

The desperate and failing Biden administration along with his cronies in the corrupted DOJ needs to throw some last minute mud on him. Let’s watch and see.
Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 09, 2022
OhBritannia:

Mark my words.

Leave the fools. Their hatred and rabid obsession with one man does not make them see the dangerous precedent that has been set today. Even CNN reporters were stunned and said the DOJ better have something very serious or this will be bad.

I just look forward to the next republican administration having a field day with the Biden and Clinton family now that the rubicon has been crossed.
Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2022
Obrigardo:
Wondering what crime trump may have committed. Espionage, Selling State secrets? or just downright destroying Government papers?

It can be any of those but think about this: Alex Jones’ lawyer just “accidentally” turned over ALL of his text messages to the lawyers of Sandy Hook victims. During the period covered by the texts, Jones was supposedly asked by Trump’s team and The White House to organize a protest. Days after the texts were accidentally turned over, the FBI is at Mar-a-lago having a party.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:13pm On Aug 09, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

Saving this for the inevitable anticlimax as usual. It will be fun

In order for that search warrant to be signed and executed, a Federal Judge had probable cause. The head of the FBI and the head of the Justice Department are deeply involved.
You’ll soon see that this wasn’t a witch hunt.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:17pm On Aug 09, 2022
Obrigardo:

Utter Nonsense..
When Hillary was hounded for allegedly deleting emails i bet you never thought America will burn down, Rubbish.

These guys refuse to accept that she’s been cleared.
99 years after being cleared, they’ll still be calling for Hillary’s arrest.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 09, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

In order for that search warrant to be signed and executed, a Federal Judge had to have probable cause.
You’ll soon see that this wasn’t a witch hunt.

L
M
A
O

Don’t be politically naive. Judges can be misled or corrupted themselves. The fake Steele dossier was used by the FBI in multiple affidavits to obtain search warrants on multiple Trump associates during the Russiamania investigations.

There’s Also a reason why almost every republican that has been targeted by the DOJ in recent years was charged in DC even when they don’t reside there. Because the DOJ knows they are more likely to get a conviction against a republican from a DC judge than say an Alabama judge.

Don’t sit here and act like you don’t know judges have their biases too. You’re a lawyer you should put your trump hate aside and think logically. This will be challenged rigorously in court along with the political firestorm and counter-prosecutions it’s about to ignite across the US. I wouldn’t be so happy if I were you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 09, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

These guys refuse to accept that she’s been cleared.
99 years after being cleared, they’ll still be calling for Hillary’s arrest.

Of course she was cleared, she’s a democrat.

I don’t think you getting the point we making here.
Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:31pm On Aug 09, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

L
M
A
O

Don’t be politically naive. Judges can be misled or corrupted themselves. The fake Steele dossier was used by the FBI in multiple affidavits to obtain search warrants on multiple Trump associates during the Russiamania investigations.

There’s Also a reason why almost every republican that has been targeted by the DOJ in recent years was charged in DC even when they don’t reside there. Because the DOJ knows they are more likely to get a conviction against a republican from a DC judge than say an Alabama judge.

Don’t sit here and act like you don’t know judges have their biases too. You’re a lawyer you should put your trump hate aside and think logically. This will be challenged rigorously in court along with the political firestorm and counter-prosecutions it’s about to ignite across the US. I wouldn’t be so happy if I were you.

Republicans will stop being targeted when they stop committing crimes.
Trump’s lawyers are cooperating. He stiffed Guiliani for legal fees, no new lawyers want to touch him.
Let the militias be stupid, did you see the January 6 patriots crying like sissies when their sentences were read? There’s room in Federal Prison for more domestic terrorists.

If you’re in possession of government documents that you admitted to stealing, no one needs to lie to obtain a search warrant.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 09, 2022
And by the way. Go on Twitter. Even Republicans who normally criticize Trump are embracing him and condemning this move. The party will coalesce around him because if this, all but guaranteeing he will be the Republican nominee in 2024.

Amongst other things, this was a dumb political move by democrats and the Biden DOJ

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 09, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Republicans will stop being targeted when they stop committing crimes.
Trump’s lawyers are cooperating. He stiffed Guiliani for legal fees, no new lawyers want to touch him.
Let the militias be stupid, did you see the January 6 patriots crying like sissies when their sentences were read? There’s room in Federal Prison for more domestic terrorists.

If you’re in possession of government documents that you admitted to stealing, no one needs to lie to obtain a search warrant.

Lol. It’s the fact you happily used the word “targeted” for me. Sheesh

Democrats commit crimes they just don’t get prosecuted for them.

Ever heard of the phrase prosecutorial discretion? For some odd reason it always seems to favour democrats.

1 Like

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by jimetagambo: 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2022
Obrigardo:

Utter Nonsense..
Trump made the statements in the 2nd screenshot. Not surprising.

Same way he said only the mobs takes the 5th, and he himself pled the 5th and his son Eric Trump also went on and plead the 5th like how many times grin

Even Huckabee made similar statement in 2016.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by jimetagambo: 3:51pm On Aug 09, 2022
Trump wasn't spared on Reddit too.
Had a good laugh on Reddit last night. cheesy

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:15pm On Aug 09, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:
No need to go back and forth with you sha. You’re obviously very radical in your political views and your Trump hatred runs deep.

But my prediction is this will end badly for the FBI and America as a whole.

A very dangerous line was crossed today in the history of that country.

Oh ok
Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 09, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Oh ok

Don’t spoil your fine girl with radical views pls. I hate lib loonies and wokies.
Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by SeraphEl: 6:22pm On Aug 09, 2022
Calm down! You are over reacting and over reaching. Just too much…..yeesh. Americans are not even an iota as panicky as you come off.

What exactly or how exactly do you want them to react?!

Mind you! THIS is a Nigerian website and 95% of people here are in NIGERIA. .

I bet YOU are not even in US. Focus on your own backyard.

Also: you said

“FBI should have known this”?

Listen, law is law. FBI cannot stop their job for fear of civil war.

Besides, its the department of defence job to worry about external threats like China, Russia, Iran. I am quite sure DoD is not ALL raiding Trumps home.

So, chill. Ok! I am sure At least one official is on the look out for an incoming missile. Lol!

OhBritannia:

Mark my words.

Re: Trump Confirms FBI Raided Mar-a-logo, Executing Search Warrant, Broke Into Safe by jimetagambo: 6:23pm On Aug 09, 2022
SeraphEl:
Calm down! You are over reacting and over reaching. Just too much…..yeesh. Americans are not even half as panicky as you come off.

What exactly or how exactly do you want them to react?!

Mind you! THIS is a Nigerian website and 95% of people here are in NIGERIA. .

I bet YOU are not even in US. Focus on your own background!

Just check his post history - Baba is in Nigeria. Only if he is this passionate about Nigerian politics, maybe we won't be stuck with the useless leaders we have in Nigeria grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Russian Missile That Targeted Ukraine Fell In Moldova / Presidential Challenges: Afghan Leader Appeals to Obama Over Civilian Deaths / Paul Biya Reelected As Cameroon's President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.