Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,014 members, 7,835,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets (14345 Views)

Buhari Rejects Ministerial Nominations From Imo, Ondo, Ogun / WAEC Has Confirmed Adeleke’s Certificate, Show Yours – CUPP Dares Buhari / $16b Power Project: I’m Ready For Probe, Obasanjo Dares Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by jaxxy(m): 8:46am On Aug 09, 2022
The president or whoever should follow the law.
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by tinsel: 8:56am On Aug 09, 2022
There is nothing you do to get support from igbos Buhari. Here, you are supporting SEPLAT, owned by an igbo man ABC ORJIAKOR and they are still attacking you.
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by lolu2019: 8:59am On Aug 09, 2022
BloomingDale:
A Yoruba man should not be in charge of that commission. Where are the South South men? What is happening?
ode.the Yoruba people there are very honest.The Akwa Ibom people like him.
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by BloomingDale(f): 9:02am On Aug 09, 2022
lolu2019:
ode.the Yoruba people there are very honest.The Akwa Ibom people like him.

Stay there and be fooling yourself. The Yorubas only have their own interest at heart. They could care less if other regions burn to the ground.
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by kennethesan(m): 9:07am On Aug 09, 2022
Ah! Nigeria will not collapse in Jesus name.
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by lolu2019: 9:10am On Aug 09, 2022
BloomingDale:

Stay there and be fooling yourself. The Yorubas only have their own interest at heart. They could care less if other regions burn to the ground.
that's a lie.cos a Yoruba man being there is serving as a neutral person among the communities in Akwa ibom.especially the major ones,Ibeno,Eket,Onah,and Esit eket.they always ensure things are shared equally. so that they won't interfere with the foreigners job.Akwa ibom people are peace loving people just like the Yoruba race.They respect each other. And no ones call another tribe a minority tribe unlike the Igbo's and Hausa's that think they are superior to other tribes.
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by toprealman: 9:37am On Aug 09, 2022
MEGA4BILLION:
Please, he shouldn't forget to sale Aso rock before leaving.
Before going back to Niger you mean?
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by koning: 9:38am On Aug 09, 2022
Bad belle people. Trying to stop an Igbo man from being richer than Adenuga.

Seplat is a major player and will surely acquire the stake. The president and minister of petroleum has already approved it.

Igbo billionaires don't make noise. Even Forbes cannot count their money.
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by Wizmj4real(m): 9:48am On Aug 09, 2022
BloomingDale:
A Yoruba man should not be in charge of that commission. How can he know what is good for the South South people? How can he keep the interest of the South South people at heart? Where are the South South men? What is happening? This South South men are just too dull for my liking.

I swear
Very corrupt individuals
They don't care about the future of their region, only cares about their pockets
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by winterfell007(m): 9:52am On Aug 09, 2022
I don't get! Is it that Exxon Mobil doesn't have the right to sell their shares to whomever they like ? Why must they give NNPC the first right of refusal, just because they are a partner, it doesn't make sense. Exxon Mobil wants to transfer its shares to a competent Indigenous Oil company that has demonstrated resilience all these while since 2011. Even if Exxon Mobil decides to sell its entire holdings for #5000, Is it your business?
I support Buhari on this one biko!
Ojiakor has grown Seplat remarkably and Exxon Mobil believes in their competence to manage bigger assets than NNPC, This should be commended not scuttled please!
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by Willie2015: 9:56am On Aug 09, 2022
MrMcJay:

That is not the issue. Get more education on the subject before typing.

The JV contract between Mobil and NNPC stated that whenever Mobil is to divest, NNPC has a right of first refusal to the assets. That is a condition precedent to the sale.
The condition precedent to the sale has not been activated and so, the sale will always have k-leg?
Besides, NNPC is bow a Limited Liability Company and the FG has pumped funds in it. So the NNPC is looking for how to make profit too. They will definitely outbid Seplat.
If this case goes to Court, Seplat will lose big.
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by Itzurboi(m): 10:45am On Aug 09, 2022
MEGA4BILLION:
That picture reminded me of the series "Mandalorian"
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by Whoknowsme: 10:57am On Aug 09, 2022
MEGA4BILLION:
I tell you.
That man just want to sell everything in Nigeria and Japa to his hometown.
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by mfm04622: 11:36am On Aug 09, 2022
Islie:
The Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) has rejected President Muhammadu Buhari’s assent to the acquisition of ExxonMobil’s assets by Seplat Energy....

https://dailytrust.com/regulatory-commission-dares-buhari-rejects-sale-of-exxonmobils-assets
Decline of Ministerial accent! Who is the minister? Is the minister not the President?
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by Tareq1105: 11:48am On Aug 09, 2022
I agree with you that Ibos (employed by Asiwaju) are in the employment of Lagos State government. Ogun State too employed some Ibos during Otunba Gbenga Daniel. That's how it should be but I'm not sure our brothers from the East would ever consider other regions in their employment. The case of Peter Obi sending away non Anambrains civil servants back to their States in the same Eastern Region comes to mind. Tinubu started this policy of making winners of Essay Competition for secondary school children to be One Day Governor. Many Ibo children have been governors in Lagos state by this policy. All these are facts about the person of Tinubu. He started it. He has so many firsts. He started IPPIS, TSA, Remita, etc before Federal Govt copied it. I think Tinubu is okay, he's a detribalized person.

Komu1048:

The best way to solve security is to vote Tinubu 2023.
Nigerians must not do mistake of voting Obi, his victory is a win for Ipob. They will extend their madness to every part of Nigeria. U don't need to be told their is no part of Nigeria that there no Igbo man. It will be so easy for them to kill millions of Nigerian. Esp the SS n SW becox u can't even identify them unlike how we easily identify a Fulani.

Most Ipob can speak local diet of where they base, they can dress and disguise without being recognized.

Use NE as a case study, during Jonathan time. They were killing in their region but couldn't reach out to other region the president is not their kinsmen. Immediately Buhari enter we all bleed for it.

Now ipob is more deadlier than Fulani, they are educated, more strategic, more financing knows cronies n creeks. And they hate Nigerians more.

Now u want to add federal power to everything they had. I am very sure port Harcourt, Benin n Lagos will be their most hit destination.

The only answer is to vote Tinubu, he is a detribalise man. As governor he employed so much igbos and hausa into Lagos employment scheme. Go to Alausa and verify, they are now in level 14 n 15. There is no area of Lagos employment you won't find every Nigerian ably represented n he is not secretly financing any terror group. Don't dare vote Atiku, he is the number one financier of Boko Haram, he is their patron.
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by PharmacyStore: 11:56am On Aug 09, 2022
Good for them
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by Kingsmm55: 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2022
I am not all that into politics..but let me comment a bit on the venom vomited by the so called tinubu commander...oga...sir...a dead man can never rule the living... Instead of tinubu..a walking corpse...to rule already dead country Like Nigeria we better go to mortuary and bring corpse there to rule Nigeria...
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by Panda7(m): 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2022
Islie:
The Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) has rejected President Muhammadu Buhari’s assent to the acquisition of ExxonMobil’s assets by Seplat Energy....

https://dailytrust.com/regulatory-commission-dares-buhari-rejects-sale-of-exxonmobils-assets
so buhari is in abuja doing nothing other than signing documents that is not in his business, does it means states cannot control their oil resources, build refineries and sell their products to interested buyers without giving a dime to anybody
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by Whoknowsme: 1:17pm On Aug 09, 2022
MEGA4BILLION:

That's if he won't sale Katsina because papa is busy developing Niger, maybe heading there for retirement
Niger is his place nah. That's where he wants to relocate back to
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by purafapi: 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2022
Regulatory agency wants NNPC now under the North to buy the assets instead of Seplat.
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by atiku07(m): 1:29pm On Aug 09, 2022
winterfell007:
I don't get! Is it that Exxon Mobil doesn't have the right to sell their shares to whomever they like ? Why must they give NNPC the first right of refusal, just because they are a partner, it doesn't make sense. Exxon Mobil wants to transfer its shares to a competent Indigenous Oil company that has demonstrated resilience all these while since 2011. Even if Exxon Mobil decides to sell its entire holdings for #5000, Is it your business?
I support Buhari on this one biko!
Ojiakor has grown Seplat remarkably and Exxon Mobil believes in their competence to manage bigger assets than NNPC, This should be commended not scuttled please!

It is a national asset and a JV (Joint Venture) the regulatory body is right, they needed to be carried along before any bid or sales of any amount of shares because the venture was jointly owned by FG and Mobil. The issue here is Mobil is trying to do what they can not try in other climes like USA or UK or even Russia, they would be fined heavily and they know this.

When selling such shares you dont offer directly to an outsider when the direct people which are; the State where the Venture was held, the National oil company (NNPC LTD) has not said they are not interested it means something is fishy with Mobil hurried sales and can only be 2 things either Seplat has bribed the presidency to take over behind the scene or Mobil itself is culpable whereby they are trying to hide something which must have lead to the hurried sale of their asset.

Mobil and Seplat needed to be investigated and search light needed must be beamed on even the presidency itself on how President assent was gotten without recourse to the regulatory body. If u all remember same also happened during GEJ era which was in court till date a case of shell and one other oil company like that, the asset was undervalued and sold behind the scenes. we should learn how to do things correctly.
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by MrMcJay(m): 3:58pm On Aug 09, 2022
litigator:
Damn!

The PR guy go dey run kitikata right now. President signature wen e dey take shakara nor deliver the job. So e need press more buttons.

Bro, you go dey AGC this year?
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2022
MrMcJay:

Bro, you go dey AGC this year?

Not really. Didn’t register.

But if you have business, don’t fail to call me . I am available 24/7.
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by jaytee01(m): 6:46pm On Aug 09, 2022
Komu1048:

Nigerians must not do mistake of voting Obi, his victory is a win for Ipob. They will extend their madness to every part of Nigeria. U don't need to be told their is no part of Nigeria that there no Igbo man. It will be so easy for them to kill millions of Nigerian. Esp the SS n SW becox u can't even identify them unlike how we easily identify a Fulani.

Most Ipob can speak local diet of where they base, they can dress and disguise without being recognized.

Use NE as a case study, during Jonathan time. They were killing in their region but couldn't reach out to other region the president is not their kinsmen. Immediately Buhari enter we all bleed for it.

Now ipob is more deadlier than Fulani, they are educated, more strategic, more financing knows cronies n creeks. And they hate Nigerians more.

Now u want to add federal power to everything they had. I am very sure port Harcourt, Benin n Lagos will be their most hit destination.

The only answer is to vote Tinubu, he is a detribalise man. As governor he employed so much igbos and hausa into Lagos employment scheme. Go to Alausa and verify, they are now in level 14 n 15. There is no area of Lagos employment you won't find every Nigerian ably represented n he is not secretly financing any terror group. Don't dare vote Atiku, he is the number one financier of Boko Haram, he is their patron.
Nigerian people.... please do not make the mistake of voting for the party of terrorists, drug barons and corrupt, entitled fraudsters. The last seven years is enough suffering

Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by MrMcJay(m): 7:47pm On Aug 09, 2022
litigator:

Not really. Didn’t register.

But if you have business, don’t fail to call me . I am available 24/7.

No problem chief.
I'll definitely reach you bro.

Cheers.
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by Komu1048(m): 9:21pm On Aug 09, 2022
jaytee01:

Nigerian people.... please do not make the mistake of voting for the party of terrorists, drug barons and corrupt, entitled fraudsters. The last seven years is enough suffering

I don't know you people problem, bring out your score card. Let Nigerians follow whom have been tested and trusted. Leave sentiment, let's get it right, lets vote for a detribalized man, a visionary man.

A vite for Asiwaju is a vote for a prosperous Nigeria
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by Kfed4ril(m): 11:06pm On Aug 09, 2022
Komu1048:

Tinubu who has openly admitted it’s Yoruba turn is not an oduduwa project, but Peter Obi who fought Ipob as a governor is now an Ipob project.
Aren’t you stupid?
Campaign for your man with what he’ll do differently from what Buhari he enthroned has done and leave Peter Obi out of your stinky mouth.
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by winterfell007(m): 11:11pm On Aug 09, 2022
atiku07:

It is a national asset and a JV (Joint Venture) the regulatory body is right, they needed to be carried along before any bid or sales of any amount of shares because the venture was jointly owned by FG and Mobil. The issue here is Mobil is trying to do what they can not try in other climes like USA or UK or even Russia, they would be fined heavily and they know this.

When selling such shares you dont offer directly to an outsider when the direct people which are; the State where the Venture was held, the National oil company (NNPC LTD) has not said they are not interested it means something is fishy with Mobil hurried sales and can only be 2 things either Seplat has bribed the presidency to take over behind the scene or Mobil itself is culpable whereby they are trying to hide something which must have lead to the hurried sale of their asset.

Mobil and Seplat needed to be investigated and search light needed must be beamed on even the presidency itself on how President assent was gotten without recourse to the regulatory body. If u all remember same also happened during GEJ era which was in court till date a case of shell and one other oil company like that, the asset was undervalued and sold behind the scenes. we should learn how to do things correctly.

That is why I said Mobil reserve the right to undervalue their shares or overvalue their shares and they don't have to offer NNPC the first option of buying their assets. I'm aware that most of these IOCs are divesting their shallow water assets because it's no longer favorable for them going forward. Seplat is an indigenous oil company nd they have demonstrated resilience and competence, why shouldn't Mobil sell their assets to them? Nothing suspicious about that. I don't even trust NNPC to manage the asset afterall, the ones they are managing re they able to optimize production on it?
Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by jaytee01(m): 11:53pm On Aug 09, 2022
Komu1048:

I don't know you people problem, bring out your score card. Let Nigerians follow whom have been tested and trusted. Leave sentiment, let's get it right, lets vote for a detribalized man, a visionary man.

A vite for Asiwaju is a vote for a prosperous Nigeria

Re: Regulatory Commission Dares Buhari, Rejects Sale Of Exxonmobil’s Assets by Iykolysis: 7:33am On Aug 10, 2022
Komu1048:

No way we won't, suffer no dey tire you. APC/PDP must go.

Vote Labour Party
Vote Peter Obi
Vote a better Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

February 13th In The History Of Nigeria / A Cry For Help to the ogun state government / Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.