Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,757 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities (4395 Views)

IDPs To Vote In Camps In Niger – INEC / Borno Bans Distribution Of Food To IDPs, To Close All IDP Camps In The State / Senator Ndume Weeps As He Urges IDPs To Return To Their Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by ogododo: 8:20am On Aug 09, 2022
Katsina State government on Monday returned more than 12,000 internally displaced persons (IDPs) including women and children to their Shimfida community, in Jibia Local Government Area of the state. 

The returnees were dispersed from the area since March 10 following the abrupt withdrawal of military personnel from the area which led to incessant attacks by terrorists and left scores of people dead.

Prior to their return over 6,000 of the IDPs were camped at the Government Girls Secondary School (GGSS), Jibia, by the state government and the council area, while others who fled to the neighbouring Niger Republic were transported into Jibia yesterday.

The chairman of the council, Bishir Sabi’u, said an initial N88.6 million was released by the state government for the exercise followed by another N18m by Governor Aminu Masari for the provision of hospital drugs and logistics for both the IDPs and essential workers at the community.

He said the governor had before the IDPs were returned spoken to President Muhammadu Buhari and was assured of adequate security.

“The reason why we are returning them is simply that some of them have started farming in the area; we want them to go back and fully commence farming activities.

“It was the army that left the area earlier that led to the sack of the community and governor Masari had spoken to President Muhammadu Buhari and approval had been given for the redeployment of the soldiers.”

Speaking, the chairman of Shimfida Youth Development Association, Sa’ad Salisu, expressed satisfaction over the level of preparation made for the return of the IDPs to their community.

Meanwhile, the lawmaker representing Katsina in the state house of assembly, Aliyu Abubakar, has called on the security agencies to take the fight to terrorists’ enclaves rather than wait for attacks to happen before responding. 

He expressed concerns over the recent spike in terrorists’ activities in the state, especially in the urban areas, including the state capital.

He said there were plans by the lawmakers to meet with Governor Aminu Masari, and later, with President Muhammadu Buhari, to find a lasting solution to the security challenges facing the state.

https://dailytrust.com/katsina-govt-returns-over-12000-idps-to-their-communities

Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by ogododo: 8:42am On Aug 09, 2022
Na Bubu state be dis wey IDPs full, thank to nonsense security.

8 Likes

Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by Sajanis: 8:58am On Aug 09, 2022
And what will become of many who lost their homes for insecurity
Anyway, please we will Design a professional Company Logo or Letterhead Design for 2k Only

Drop Us Your Company Name:

https://forms.gle/eogHP42G8xz6L8Lv7

1 Like

Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by Maxymilliano(m): 9:02am On Aug 09, 2022
The only legacy Buhari bequeaths northern States are IDP camps and more IDP camps, not even his home State is spared ...

8 Likes

Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by ogododo: 9:10am On Aug 09, 2022
Bubu do displaced Naija pipe no be small.
Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by VeryWickedMan: 9:24am On Aug 09, 2022
We have more IDPs in Benin Republic

Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by Ethanuella: 9:24am On Aug 09, 2022
Taking them back to their communities to enable them vote since they wouldn't be able to vote in areas they are not registered in come 2023.

If they don't vote right again, they will return to the same idp camp because of the same insecurity. Afterwards, na agbado and cassava galore inside the camp be that oh. Party after party grin .

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by Sancheez4(m): 9:24am On Aug 09, 2022
hmmm alright
Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by Flamzey00(m): 9:24am On Aug 09, 2022
OP abeg comot any news from the North from here. Those people are irrelevant and nothing good comes from the North✌️
Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by sotall(m): 9:25am On Aug 09, 2022
cool

When Buhari came to power in 2015, there were no IDPs in Katsina.

This man is a total failure

5 Likes

Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by richard870(m): 9:26am On Aug 09, 2022
Bunkum as usual!
Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by Shedy204(m): 9:27am On Aug 09, 2022
E gud
Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by Drsnives(m): 9:32am On Aug 09, 2022
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by Riversstate: 9:33am On Aug 09, 2022
We don't care .
Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 09, 2022
So,I haven't read the whole article but I have noticed something
Anytime a bad news is being relayed, they always put 'including women and children'.
The question is ,why this? Are men not humans too? Since the word 'persons' is already there,I believe people have gotten the message. If we want to achieve equality,we need to stop this abeg.
I know it's a ploy to get emotional reaction from people but the truth of the matter is that it is not fair. This has to stop please.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by Viscuz: 9:34am On Aug 09, 2022
They no go still learn .

Them go vote shettima to continue from the bokoharam menace

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by socialjustice93: 9:36am On Aug 09, 2022
I hope they're not setting them up for fresh kidnappings cuz last I checked, bandits still reign unchecked in that state shocked
Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by Mide3367: 9:42am On Aug 09, 2022
please i am pleading with you guys to tell Seniorwriter Charles Adarokaren to refund me back my money for a transaction i paid for since 3pm Wednesday 27th July, 2022 afternoon. He kept ignoring me since then till now!!!
His number 0907 920 4499
I thought he has a reputation and name to protect? I found it amusing that someone that has been on nairaland since 2019 and has over 5k messages and engagements which so many people know is involved in this kinda scam.. It shows the integrity of average Nigerian when they have the opportunity to rip you off yur hard earn money. They simply throw integrity to the wind because of money wey no reach anything in this Nigeria economy. He is online here on Nairaland and refuses to reply chats.. Seniorwriter is a scam. Return my money.
Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by adioolayi(m): 10:02am On Aug 09, 2022
Hmmm..

From uneasy atmosphere, especially in Borno States, where Bokoharam hoisted their flags, controlling about 12 Local Government Areas, displacing millions of people who were forced into IDP camps... University of Maiduguri shut, lecturers and students deserted the place and relocated to other parts of the country...major streets became Ghost towns..

Also, series of suicide bombers ...in Kano, in Abuja, in Jos and many in the North...

FGN unable to hold independence day at Eagle Square..no form of open public gatherings....Embassies, Place of worships ..Churches and Mosques attacked by bombers....That was the story back then...leading to 2015 elections..

Now,

We are faced with..

Prison breaks... Bandits.... Kidnapping for ransom... especially the train passengers, students, passengers...Church attack in Ondo, Unknown Gun Men killing indiscriminately..and pockets of other attacks

Who will solve Nigeria's insecurity situations

It seems as one is being solved, another ugly one is emerging
Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by techWriter3: 10:11am On Aug 09, 2022
Na Bubu federal would dis wey IDPs full, thank to nonsense security
Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by Parachoko: 10:17am On Aug 09, 2022
Mide3367:
please i am pleading with you guys to tell Seniorwriter Charles Adarokaren to refund me back my money for a transaction i paid for since 3pm Wednesday 27th July, 2022 afternoon. He kept ignoring me since then till now!!!
His number 0907 920 4499
I thought he has a reputation and name to protect? I found it amusing that someone that has been on nairaland since 2019 and has over 5k messages and engagements which so many people know is involved in this kinda scam.. It shows the integrity of average Nigerian when they have the opportunity to rip you off yur hard earn money. They simply throw integrity to the wind because of money wey no reach anything in this Nigeria economy. He is online here on Nairaland and refuses to reply chats.. Seniorwriter is a scam. Return my money.
Create a thread about this, so everyone will know the idiot for who he is
Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by Realtalk20: 11:13am On Aug 09, 2022
Parachoko:
Create a thread about this, so everyone will know the idiot for who he is

Becareful what you are doing. Make sure you provide evidence and not just defame someone
Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by PharmacyStore: 11:44am On Aug 09, 2022
They've tried
Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by ufotunang: 12:29pm On Aug 09, 2022
Just good goverance by Buhari and the federal government and a good economy... where there is reduction or no poverty no hunger no hardship jobs for the youths,low costs of living, low cost of food stuffs would had avoided all the insecurity problems
Re: Katsina Returns Over 12,000 IDPs To Their Communities by kafeii123: 1:33pm On Aug 09, 2022
hopefully...they wont be disturbed aagin...

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Evidence INEC Doesn't Want You See - Tribunal May Cancel 2023 Election / New Service Chiefs: 35 Maj-generals, Air Vice Marshals May Retire / Seizure Of 130 Houses Sparks Protest In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.