Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Student Visa Dilemma - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Student Visa Dilemma (941 Views)

Visa Dilemma / Polish Student Visa / I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Student Visa Dilemma by peetah1: 7:38pm On Aug 15, 2007
Dear nairalanders,
Pls i need ur candid advice is it illegal(or any negative implications) to apply for a student visa with an unconditional acceptance letter 4rm a skool in manchester and after being granted the visa, i decide to go to anoda skool in scotland?
Re: Student Visa Dilemma by ufuoslee(f): 4:26pm On Aug 16, 2007
what school in manchester
Re: Student Visa Dilemma by Tats(m): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2007
P
peet-ah:

Dear Nairaland users,
Please i need your candid advice is it illegal(or any negative implications) to apply for a student visa with an unconditional acceptance letter from a school in manchester and after being granted the visa, i decide to go to another school in scotland?
Students do it a lot, but I am not really sure it poses a problem for now. There was an article in a newspaper here regarding students not showing up after been given visas. The assumption was that they were up to something negative, but someone said in the same paper that most of the students eventually do go to other schools. The Universities are obliged to forward the list of names of students that got visas and did not resume to the UK authorities, but while a few schools do this, most do not as they say they are not the immigration body.

In this days of security and terrorism concerns, It will soon become a full blown issue. The Government is becoming worried about the trend by the students.

(1) (Reply)

Cyprus Postgraduate: ? Any Nigerian In Cyprus? / which is the Best School For Communications Engineering In The Uk / Some Questions On IGS (and PSW)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.