Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) (49865 Views)

Kwankwaso Knelt Down While Greeting Dangote Mother-photo / Peter Obi Says 'Oga Sir' To Sowore While Greeting Him At 52nd ICAN Conference / Caption This Photo Of Saraki While Greeting Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by Omicronvaccine: 2:06pm On Aug 09, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EdADAMtTKY

Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Photos, Video)

Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo has been captured teaching his grandson how to properly prostrate while making an attempt at greeting him, IGBERETV reports.

The energetic former president of Nigeria can be seen remonstrating at the manner at which his grandson prostrated while greeting him as he corrected him by demanding that he lie completely as a sign of respect for elders.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChCWMM9LnZq/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by PointZerom: 2:07pm On Aug 09, 2022
grin

To prostrate to greet your elders isn't a sign of humility but a respect to your culture which says you must do so.
So many men/women will prostrate to greet you and end up making love secretly with your wife or husband.

208 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by Zonefree(m): 2:14pm On Aug 09, 2022
Yorubas sabi respect elders well well.

It's only in Yorubaland a conductor will be calling you Sir and still be insulting you.

293 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by MonkeyMods(m): 2:18pm On Aug 09, 2022
In the end na him own Yoruba demon go plenty pass

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by Cypress042(m): 2:22pm On Aug 09, 2022
His grandson must be wondering what brought him there to greet at the first place cool

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by muykem: 2:23pm On Aug 09, 2022
Good!! Culture must be respected.

277 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by Totilopussylick(m): 2:27pm On Aug 09, 2022
Zonefree:
Yorubas sabi respect elders well well.

It's only in Yorubaland a conductor will be calling you Sir and still be insulting you.

Is only Tinubu that doesn't respect the elders.

At his age he is still wants to be president when he is supposed to be in an old Peoples house and be taken care of.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by Viscuz: 2:30pm On Aug 09, 2022
Totilopussylick:

At his age he is still wants to be president when he is supposed to be in an old Peoples house and be taken care of.

Eleyi

Emilokan

19 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by PandoraObi: 2:31pm On Aug 09, 2022
Good , that is why we respect our elders in Yoruba land, we don't wake them up with side tackles like a particular tribe that have parental deficiency, you see them insulting and cussing .

236 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by Zonefree(m): 2:32pm On Aug 09, 2022
Totilopussylick:

Tinubu is not a true Yoruba man. Iragbiji is a town added to make up Yorubaland.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by Tetrahedron: 2:35pm On Aug 09, 2022
A man that is supposed to be in retirement playing with his great grandchildren is running helter-skelter because he is hellbent on destroying Nigeria!
All pun intended
Shame no dey for Iragbiji ni?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by SalafRider(m): 2:38pm On Aug 09, 2022
This man no de use tradition play at all

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by Samuelnze(m): 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2022
Yea,
this is right too,he should equally teach him to be obedient, it will fetch him goodies a lot in life

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by aribisala0(m): 2:43pm On Aug 09, 2022
PointZerom:
grin

To prostrate to greet your elders isn't a sign of humility but a respect to your culture which says you must do so.
So many men/women will prostrate to greet you and end up making love secretly with your wife or husband.
It is a sign of humility. I suggest you open a dictionary to check the meaning of the word
It is exactly that ; a sign of humility and a communication of reverence and or deference.
Making love secretly to your wife has nothing to do with humility or its lack but you speak from the wealth of your mind. If you are Yoruba you would understand that the action has superficial and deeper meanings

Smiling when you greet people is a communication of pleasantry or pleasantness it does not mean you are happy.
Long before humans developed speech we were communicating with body language and dobale is communication in Yoruba culture

481 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by PointZerom: 2:52pm On Aug 09, 2022
aribisala0:

It is a sign of humility. I suggest you open a dictionary to check the meaning of the word
It is exactly that ; a sign of humility and a communication of reverence and or deference.
Making love secretly to your wife has nothing to do with humility or its lack but you speak from the wealth of your mind. If you are Yoruba you would understand that the action has superficial and deeper meanings

Smiling when you greet people is a communication of pleasantry or pleasantness it does not mean you are happy.
Long before humans developed speech we were communicating with body language and dobale is communication in Yoruba culture

You didn't understand the angle I am coming from.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by aribisala0(m): 2:54pm On Aug 09, 2022
PointZerom:

You didn't understand the angle I am coming from.
Actually I do but you need to improve your communication skills grin

490 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by onumadu: 2:58pm On Aug 09, 2022
The Balogun of Owu at his best. grin
Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by PointZerom: 2:58pm On Aug 09, 2022
aribisala0:
Actually I do but you need to improve your communication skills grin

In as much as it is puting food on my table, there's nothing to improve.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by aribisala0(m): 3:03pm On Aug 09, 2022
PointZerom:

In as much as it is puting food on my table, there's nothing to improve.
Well no one here is looking for food on Nairaland so that ego defense does not work.
The point is in Yorubaland dobale is a sign of humility. You and your table are your personal issues

490 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by PointZerom: 3:06pm On Aug 09, 2022
aribisala0:
Well no one here is looking for food on Nairaland so that ego defense does not work.
The point is in Yorubaland dobale is a sign of humility. You and your table are your personal issues

The joke is on you.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by omenka(m): 3:10pm On Aug 09, 2022
You just have to love Yoruba culture. Everything is rooted in RESPECT for elders, and the elders try as best they can to inculcate that behaviour on the young ones.

No doubt "westernisation" amongst the so-called "woke" generation seems to be eroding some part of that, they still largely keep the tradition alive.

Even Anthony Joshua with all his exposure still dey dobale for elders. smiley

231 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by aribisala0(m): 3:17pm On Aug 09, 2022
PointZerom:

The joke is on you.
There is no joke bro.
In Yoruba land dobale is serious business. It is a Ritual of humility. You do not know and I corrected you not just for yourself but for others reading the thread.

It is a very important ritual in marriage , religion and even in the coronation of kings. A king traditionally in some places would perform a dobale for every single person he encountered during a set period never to dobale again after coronation

So when you say it is not a sign of humility you are displaying ignorance. That is the ONLY purpose of idobale
It has no other function

447 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by NwaMamaIwota(f): 3:22pm On Aug 09, 2022
omenka:
You just have to live Yoruba culture. Everything is rooted in RESPECT for elders, and the elders try as best they can to inculcate that behaviour on the young ones.

No doubt "westernisation" amongst the so-called "woke" generation seems to be eroding some part of that, they still largely keep the tradition alive.

Even Anthony Joshua with all his exposure still dey dobale for elders. smiley
everybody dey bow for elders
we do that here in Onitsha.
as onitsha person I don't shake my elders with one hand.
so respect for elders is everywhere it has nothing to do about tribe.
no dey famzy Yorubas.
hahahahaha

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by osejie17(m): 3:54pm On Aug 09, 2022
After doing that
grand dad: hope it's understood
boy : hell no

grin
Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by JackDaAlienz(m): 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2022
Ok
Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by ecolime(m): 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2022
Na like this Tinubu sef suppose dey live and spend his retirement days but e no wan gree.

His grandkids and great grandkids needs him more than we Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by Mindlog: 3:56pm On Aug 09, 2022
Culturally appropriate.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by Mckandre(m): 3:56pm On Aug 09, 2022
This would have been tinubu but he doesn't want to listen to anybody.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by KanwuliaExtra: 3:56pm On Aug 09, 2022
Useless old goat!
Re: Obasanjo Teaches His Grandson How To Properly Prostrate While Greeting (Video) by aribisala0(m): 3:56pm On Aug 09, 2022
NwaMamaIwota:
everybody dey bow for elders
we do that here in Onitsha.
as onitsha person I don't shake my elders with one hand.
so respect for elders is everywhere it has nothing to do about tribe.
no dey famzy Yorubas.
hahahahaha
I thought they do sliding tackle in Onitcha

195 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mohammed Indimi And Fatima Sheriff's Pre-Wedding Photos / Dele Momodu: Kola Abiola Bought Me My First Car When He Was 29 (Photos) / EndSARS: Lagos State Police Command Reacts To Attack On RRS Operatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.