Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,009 members, 7,821,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently (19878 Views)

Lebron James, Serena Williams, Tom Brady, Kim K. Attend Messi's Debut Match / Disney Style, Serena Williams Wedding Gown Revealed (Photos) / Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian In An All-Star Guest List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by Ijaya123: 4:10pm On Aug 09, 2022
She should make one more attempt at a grand slam. She might end up winning it. The competition currently isn’t at the peak level at the moment
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by Obiebanks007(m): 4:20pm On Aug 09, 2022
Zchi1052:
Well deserved retirement
Na only greedy people de struggle till them near Grace

All these things you will still leave them and go bag to sand

That's to show God pass man
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by bukatyne(f): 4:22pm On Aug 09, 2022
You have really done well for yourself ma'am.

Congratulations for bringing a new dimension to the game of tennis.
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by princewarri1985: 4:32pm On Aug 09, 2022
NaijaBookings:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportinglife.com/amp/tennis/news/serena-williams-set-to-retire-from-tennis-imminently/202780
Life is stage! Everything that has a beggining always has an end. What an illustrous carrer!
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by BeanmanX(m): 4:47pm On Aug 09, 2022
She will always be a legend,,,,been watching her since secondary school, if she retires today,,,she will never be forgotten..
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by Elidrisy20: 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2022
Black kpomo grin
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by Abibi22(m): 5:07pm On Aug 09, 2022
She is amazing! Legend
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by OniyideAmplify(m): 5:12pm On Aug 09, 2022
No One Is Irreplaceable!
Nothing Last Forever!
No Champion For Life!

I personally fell in love with lawn tennis because of this lady and ever since she has dropped form me sef don lose interest.

Happy retirement in advance the real slay queen
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by Torchgelly: 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2022
I don't think I can be able to watch tennis again when Serena retired.
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by sprints1: 5:29pm On Aug 09, 2022
Zchi1052:
Well deserved retirement
Na only greedy people de struggle till them near Grace

All these things you will still leave them and go bag to sand

like emilokan she dey chase Steffi Graff record she no know say those ones were born different. I really want her to equal it but age is really telling on her
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by OniyideAmplify(m): 5:32pm On Aug 09, 2022
Torchgelly:
I don't think I can be able to watch tennis again when Serena retired.
I'm telling you, she was the reason why I watch tennis.
It was she and Man Utd of Fergie era that made my childhood interesting back then and I feel so bad right now as the both of them became irrelevant at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by HITsquad: 5:33pm On Aug 09, 2022
Ouch, I love the Williams sisters!!!

Well She has tried.... She had a great career, definitely among the greatest of all times.

I really enjoyed watching her play.... a very powerful athlete.. I thought she was gay untill she got married lol...

She and her Sister Venus Williams dominated the entire women Tennis for decades... It was really beautiful watching two young black siblings running the game unchallenged.

I wish her a very happy retirement.

3 Likes

Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by 724oladunjoye: 5:41pm On Aug 09, 2022
Nice oneNice one...
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by meobizy(f): 6:14pm On Aug 09, 2022
I read this early last year. Her new style na to announce retirement only to come back to play again? Many athletes find it difficult to come to terms with old age.
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by weljewel: 6:26pm On Aug 09, 2022
Thanks be to God for His deliverance and mercies!
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by folake4u(f): 6:26pm On Aug 09, 2022
I followed her career from my childhood till date, even watched the movie, "King Richard " biographical film about their family. She's a legend and her name will forever be written in gold. smiley

She was the reason I loved and watched Lawn tennis.
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by grandstar(m): 6:57pm On Aug 09, 2022
She has been dying to match Margaret's record of 24 or even surpass it. I'm sure that's why she's retiring at 40. She would have retired long before now.
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by juman(m): 7:05pm On Aug 09, 2022
Great player.
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by Originalsly: 8:24pm On Aug 09, 2022
Realtalk20:

You don't see Serena screaming it's her turn to become World tennis federation president do you?

grin grin. ..... just say what you really want to say!
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by marsup: 9:14pm On Aug 09, 2022
It's about time darling.
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:20pm On Aug 09, 2022
It's about time
Re: Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently by Taigaban: 9:30am On Aug 10, 2022
My sister, God is with you, retire and serve Him more fully

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti / Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria / Who Would You Chose Among These Three For A Match Winning Free-kick?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.