Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Backslider: Please, Come Back To God! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Backslider: Please, Come Back To God! (213 Views)

Do You Believe Jesus Will Come Back Again To Take His Saints? / The World And The Backslider (It is not a WWE with sin) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Backslider: Please, Come Back To God! by topshore(f): 2:56pm On Aug 09, 2022
Scripture Texts: 1 Samuel 7:1-14; 2 Corinthians 6:14-18

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest".- Mathew 11:28

"Wherefore come out from among them and be ye separated, saith the Lord and touch not the unclean things and I will receive you".- 2 Corinthians 6: 17

Calvary greetings to your Brethren in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Have you backslide from the way of the Lord? Come back to God!

A decision to come back to God will require a change in your heart- your thoughts, motives and desires. If you are not totally yielded to God, these three things- thoughts, motives and desires can turn you away from God. If you are already in this situation, coming back to God will start with being honest all about what is going on in your head and heart.

Our Scripture Texts today make us understand that God wants the totality of our lives. He doesn't want to share us with anyone or any idol.

In 1 Samuel 7:1-14, we read about the Israelites turning away from God Almighty and getting involved in idol worship. As a result, God forsook them. Samuel rose to action by saying that if they were truly sorry, they should do something about it. Many times, we complain about our problems to God but we refuse to change and do what God requires from us. Samuel told the people that they should return to the Lord and serve Him only. They were to get rid of foreign gods.

In the same vein, the Bible says in 2 Corinthians 6:17:
"Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separated , saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. And I will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty." This means that we must totally separate ourselves from the sinful nature of the world. This is the only way God can accept us as His son or daughter.

Apostle Paul urges believers not to have any relationship with unbelievers (2 Corinthians 6:14). Any relationship that can weaken our Christian commitment, integrity, and standard with God should be avoided as this may also lead to backsliding. We are to avoid relationships that can force us to compromise our faith in God.

Beloved, idolatry of today is beyond serving the gods of woods and stones. Whatever holds the first place in our lives becomes our god. It can be money, position, success, material goods, husband, wife, children, career, business, phones and other gadgets, movies, etc. Anything that the place of God in your heart is an idol. There's really no difference between your commitment to these material things or human beings and your commitment to idols of woods and stone. That's why God said we should come out of the world and be separated unto Him so that He can accept and bless us as His own.

What Are the Benefits To Enjoy When You Come Back To God?

There are lots of benefits you enjoy when you come out from among the world and come to God.

1. You'll be accepted into the family of God. Remember the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:22; John 1:12).
2. God will give you assurance of eternal life with Christ. Life with Christ is a new life that begins on earth and continues forever with God (Romans 6:23).
3. God will give you rest from all struggles, labour and sufferings (Mathew 11:28).

The question now is : How is your relationship with God? Have you gone away from Him? Is your heart right with God?.

God created us to have fellowship with Him but if you have walked away from Him, you are missing out on the main reason you were created. Now is the time to come back! Please come back to God, now!

What Do You Need to Do to Come Back?

1. Repent from your sins.
2. Have godly sorrow for your sins.
3. Put away everything that takes place of God in your life.
4. Always remember that whatsoever you place first above God is an idol.
5. Commit yourself to sering the true and only God Almighty.

God bless you, in the name of Jesus Christ.

If you would like to give your life to Christ or rededicate your life back to God, just say this short prayer:
"Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You now, come into my life, take control of my life. I say bye-bye to the devil, I enter into the Kingdom of Light. thank You Jesus, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Congratulations!!!

"If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature. Old things have passed away. Behold! All things have become new- 2 Corinthians 5: 17

Peace!!!

Ref: Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional: Vol. 7, 2022.

(1) (Reply)

3 Ways Out Of The Bondage Of Masturbation / Prayer For Deliverance From Enemies / Repent And Believe In Jesus Christ Crucified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.