Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,283 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. (1788 Views)

25 Most Expensive World Currencies In 2019 / When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) / Top 7 Strongest Currencies In Africa - October 1, 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by danoghene: 1:10pm On Aug 10, 2022
Strongest currencies in Africa against the US Dollar.

US$1= 3 Tunisia Dinar
US$1= 4 Libyan Dinar
US$1= 8 Ghanaian Cedi
US$1= 10 Moroccan Dirham
US$1 = 12 Botswana Pula
US$1 =13 Seychellois Rupee
US$1= 15 Eritrean Kafta
US$1= 16.02 Zambian Kwacha
US$1 = 16.48 South African rand and pegged currencies of Namibia, Lesotho and Eswathini.
US$1= 19 Egyptian pound

Source: Tradingview live, 13:23 CAT, 10 August 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by danoghene: 1:10pm On Aug 10, 2022
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by kokoA(m): 1:16pm On Aug 10, 2022
Ghana use to have a very terrible currency, what changed?
Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by OVB123: 1:17pm On Aug 10, 2022
You didn't show us exchange rate of naira against dollar?

1 Like

Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by lecowas: 1:20pm On Aug 10, 2022
Lol. The direct equivalence is not the measure of how strong, Imagine Ghana cedis claiming a top position in ur list. U can as well say Euro or pound is stronger than the dollar. cheesy

Many people will come for me, but as it stands today, the U.S dollar is the strongest currency in the world. Except if scam Bitcoin will evolve and displace it cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by Validated: 1:20pm On Aug 10, 2022
South African rand has been consistent since 2006. Even getting better. In Nigeria, we elect dunces as our leaders. You can imagine people clamouring to vote for a known drug lord.

2 Likes

Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by Babtunz: 1:21pm On Aug 10, 2022
OVB123:
The title of the post says "strongest" not "worst".

1 Like

Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by GamalNasser: 1:27pm On Aug 10, 2022
kokoA:

They redenominated

1 Like

Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by kokoA(m): 1:27pm On Aug 10, 2022
GamalNasser:

They redenominated
Then we should do the same.
Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by inoki247: 1:28pm On Aug 10, 2022
Abeg Comot Ghana cedis from dere...

imagine currency wey dey like 6.3 around November is now hitting 9.2 Cedis wey go soon hit 10....

People comparing Cedis with Naira neva spend Cedis before or Go Ghana before.....

Where I buy 30cl Cocacola for 5 cedis that's like 400naira in Naira.....

Even Malta Guinness like 6 cedis like 500naira for 35cl malt...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by GamalNasser: 1:39pm On Aug 10, 2022
kokoA:
Then we should do the same.

I doubt redenomination can work in Nigeria because of the massive corruption..very risky
Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by Blackfire(m): 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2022
All this money are rubbish before Naira
Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by iCauseTrouble: 3:33pm On Aug 10, 2022
May God punish Buhari, Tinubu and all APC supporters for what they have done to Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by Opoki(m): 4:11pm On Aug 10, 2022
kokoA:

They commot 4 zeros and strengthens their economy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpqOxbIjYDI
Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by Mide1data: 4:39pm On Aug 10, 2022
Naira.
Who destroyed naira?
Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by Mrkindness: 4:48pm On Aug 10, 2022
lecowas:
Lol. The direct equivalence is not the measure of how strong, Imagine Ghana cedis claiming a top position in ur list. U can as well say Euro or pound is stronger than the dollar. cheesy

Many people will come for me, but as it stands today, the U.S dollar is the strongest currency in the world. Except if scam Bitcoin will evolve and displace it cheesy
why are you displaying your ignorant on public forum like this. Dollar no even see back of euros not to talk of pounds.

1 dollar is equivalent to 8 Ghanian cedis, go and ask questions boy.
Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by inoki247: 5:04pm On Aug 10, 2022
Mrkindness:
why are you displaying your ignorant on public forum like this. Dollar no even see back of euros not to talk of pounds.

Lol u don't know what you're saying the same way Naira is sinking is the same way Cedis is sinking imagine something wey exchange for 6.3 around September dey 9.2 like this and you call that strong...

if he sure for u goan save ur money in cedis las las u go say na useless currency u still get...

1 Like

Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by Mrkindness: 5:06pm On Aug 10, 2022
inoki247:

Lol u don't know what you're saying the same way Naira is sinking is the same way Cedis is sinking imagine something wey exchange for 6.3 around September dey 9.2 like this and you call that strong...

if he sure for u goan save ur money in cedis las las u go say na useless currency u still get...
can you compear Ghana cedis to Nigerian naira ?
Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by inoki247: 5:13pm On Aug 10, 2022
Mrkindness:
can you compear Ghana cedis to Nigerian naira ?

Yes bro na currency wey I dey spend and I even av dere bank account i don stay in d country sef.....

how can I be buying a 30cl plastic coke for 4.5 cedis to 5 cedis imagine country wey dey use electricity du production Diesel for Logistics for dat Mata....

And Nigeria whr we use diesel for production and diesel for Logistics still sell Coke of 50cl for like 2cedis equivalent....

Anything you buy in Ghana na times 2 of our money when you do the conversation you can ask anyone who stays in dere country or go to Ghana Jumia page to compare the price of things......

So no be matter of how big the currency is....

5 Likes

Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by 2aces(m): 5:58pm On Aug 10, 2022
OVB123:
He is very kind not to do that, we are already depressed in this country, rubbing it on our faces might be an over kill.
Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by OVB123: 6:22pm On Aug 10, 2022
2aces:
He is very kind not to do that, we are already depressed in this country, rubbing it on our faces might be an over kill.
Nor b lie
Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by Benwallt(m): 6:26pm On Aug 10, 2022
I remembered when Ghana used to buy a loaf of bread with 5000cedis
Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by Bankyshinani(m): 7:10pm On Aug 10, 2022
inoki247:
Abeg Comot Ghana cedis from dere...

imagine currency wey dey like 6.3 around November is now hitting 9.2 Cedis wey go soon hit 10....

People comparing Cedis with Naira neva spend Cedis before or Go Ghana before.....

Where I buy 30cl Cocacola for 5 cedis that's like 400naira in Naira.....

Even Malta Guinness like 6 cedis like 500naira for 35cl malt...

Leave that thing bros... compare currency to currency, can 5naira buy u a bottle of coke or can 6naira buy you a can of malt here in nigeria... dat shows that the naira no get strength and has lost value
Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by inoki247: 7:17pm On Aug 10, 2022
Bankyshinani:

Leave that thing bros... compare currency to currency, can 5naira buy u a bottle of coke or can 6naira buy you a can of malt here in nigeria... dat shows that the naira no get strength and has lost value

Lol can 5 or 10 Pesos buy pure water dey av doz currency also and dey are not useful....

Na currency wey I dey spend if u believe say Cedis get Value pass Naira den start to save in Cedis nobody go tell u..

You people just like using internet to du yardstick...

Check Ghana Inflation rate and check our own...

I still insist things are cheaper in Nigeria than Ghana....

30cl coke for 400naira is that one value....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by michlins(m): 9:41pm On Aug 10, 2022
Mrkindness:

you need to understand how the currency market works. Check out Kuwait dinars too and tell me if they have bigger and better economy than USA.

South Korean won too or Chinese Yen

1 Like

Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by Holybaddo: 10:40pm On Aug 10, 2022
Naira is no where to be found

A whole giant of African is no where to be found
Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by Bankyshinani(m): 10:25am On Aug 11, 2022
inoki247:

Lol can 5 or 10 Pesos buy pure water dey av doz currency also and dey are not useful....

Na currency wey I dey spend if u believe say Cedis get Value pass Naira den start to save in Cedis nobody go tell u..

It seems am trying to get where ur confusion is?
Dollar and naira,which one is stronger?
Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by Bankyshinani(m): 10:27am On Aug 11, 2022
inoki247:

Bros,what is the purchasing power of a cedi and a naira?
Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by inoki247: 10:28am On Aug 11, 2022
Bankyshinani:

Bros,what is the purchasing power of a cedi and a naira?

Naira have more strength than cedis forget th figure....

2 Likes

Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by lecowas: 4:01pm On Aug 11, 2022
Mrkindness:

If u had calm down u will not be insulting ur father, u can try to read what I wrote again. The greenback is the strongest currency economically speaking. Kuwaiti Dinar, pounds, euro may have higher exchange rate.

And BTW, what do u know abt the cedi, u know how many zeros was recently removed from the cedi? Nigeria could as well do same and our highest denomination will be #10. Then $1 might be #2 but how does it affect the people, that's what Ghana has done.

Ghana is currently seeking a bailout funds of only $3 billion to save its economy, they tried raising it through tax but it was not successful. So shut up kid when the elders are talking.

1 Like

Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by lecowas: 4:02pm On Aug 11, 2022
inoki247:

Naira have more strength than cedis forget th figure....

Thank you jor, they just see figures and begin to shout it is strong this and that cheesy
Re: Strongest Currencies In Africa Against The US Dollar. by Mrkindness: 4:14pm On Aug 11, 2022
lecowas:

If u had calm down u will not be insulting ur father, u can try to read what I wrote again. The greenback is the strongest currency economically speaking. Kuwaiti Dinar, pounds, euro may have higher exchange rate.

And BTW, what do u know abt the cedi, u know how many zeros was recently removed from the cedi? Nigeria could as well do same and our highest denomination will be #10. Then $1 might be #2 but how does it affect the people, that's what Ghana has done.

Ghana is currently seeking a bailout funds of only $3 billion to save its economy, they tried raising it through tax but it was not successful. So shut up kid when the elders are talking.
this blow you give me is too much for me haba.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Bought Dollars With N10,000 Guess What? / I Want Google Adsense / Should I Buy A Car / Invest In A Business/education /buy A Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.