Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Help!!!!!!!!! My Honda Civic 2006 Won't Start After The Engine Was Dismounted. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!!!!!!!!! My Honda Civic 2006 Won't Start After The Engine Was Dismounted. (1049 Views)

My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion / Honda Civic 2008 Refuses To Start After Panel Beater Burn Some Cables. / 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!!!!!!!! My Honda Civic 2006 Won't Start After The Engine Was Dismounted. by EzeUmuokorobiaa: 1:25pm On Aug 10, 2022
Good day nairaland car gurus. My car won't start after my mechanic did some repair jobs which required dismounting the engine.
It all started when I noticed noise from the belt and alternator area. I invited my mechanic to look at it, he took it to the workshop and later called that it was the adjuster that is the culprit that it needed to be changed. I gave him the go ahead but after the change the noise returned after a few hours. He said a particular bolt broke inside and needed to be changed that still didn't work.
Finally, he said we needed to call a blacksmith to do a rethread on the engine to solve the problem permanently and this would require bringing down the engine. He assured me it wasn't a very difficult process and would take just a day or so to complete.

After the rethreading was done the electrician was called to connect the electrical components after the engine has been mounted. Try all he could after connecting everything, the car refused to start after many trials, he said the ECU (brain box) was bad. At this point, I began doubting whatever they said. I insisted the use their own money to fix the brain box and if it works ill reimburse them.
My people, for more than two weeks now weve been on this issue many suggestions, many things done yet no result but deep down within me I feel it's just a little detail being missed that has led to all this issues.

Please this is my first car and as such my knowledge about cars is still limited. So nairaland experts come in and rescue me.
What could be the issues with the electricals and how can it be fixed?
Car is in Portharcourt.
cc Gazzuz, Luvinghubby, Nurrey, Valarinz.

Please Help Me!!!
Re: Help!!!!!!!!! My Honda Civic 2006 Won't Start After The Engine Was Dismounted. by Dozieson(m): 2:35pm On Aug 10, 2022
EzeUmuokorobiaa:
Good day nairaland car gurus. My car won't start after my mechanic did some repair jobs which required dismounting the engine.
It all started when I noticed noise from the belt and alternator area. I invited my mechanic to look at it, he took it to the workshop and later called that it was the adjuster that is the culprit that it needed to be changed. I gave him the go ahead but after the change the noise returned after a few hours. He said a particular bolt broke inside and needed to be changed that still didn't work.
Finally, he said we needed to call a blacksmith to do a rethread on the engine to solve the problem permanently and this would require bringing down the engine. He assured me it wasn't a very difficult process and would take just a day or so to complete.

After the rethreading was done the electrician was called to connect the electrical components after the engine has been mounted. Try all he could after connecting everything, the car refused to start after many trials, he said the ECU (brain box) was bad. At this point, I began doubting whatever they said. I insisted the use their own money to fix the brain box and if it works ill reimburse them.
My people, for more than two weeks now weve been on this issue many suggestions, many things done yet no result but deep down within me I feel it's just a little detail being missed that has led to all this issues.

Please this is my first car and as such my knowledge about cars is still limited. So nairaland experts come in and rescue me.
Car is in Portharcourt.

Please Help Me!!!

Don't just give your cars to anyhow mechanic. Hope they have not messed up the car electricals

3 Likes

Re: Help!!!!!!!!! My Honda Civic 2006 Won't Start After The Engine Was Dismounted. by slimmoney(m): 3:14pm On Aug 10, 2022
scan the car, same bolt can be removed without dismantling the engine, this is a car i used for almost 2 years and my engine bolt broke on many occasions.
Re: Help!!!!!!!!! My Honda Civic 2006 Won't Start After The Engine Was Dismounted. by Gluck4cars: 4:15pm On Aug 10, 2022
EzeUmuokorobiaa:

Car is in Portharcourt.

Please Help Me!!!

2006 Honda Civic is Electrically complex.
There's a bolt with washer underneath the battery seating. If you replace the bolt without the washer, the car won't start. So let your rewire check all bolts and washers removed and ensure that they are placed back same way.
Re: Help!!!!!!!!! My Honda Civic 2006 Won't Start After The Engine Was Dismounted. by Dozieson(m): 4:30pm On Aug 10, 2022
Gluck4cars:

There's a bolt with washer underneath the battery seating. If you replace the bolt without the washer, the car won't start. So let your rewire check all bolts and washers removed and ensure that they are placed back same way.

My fear with Honda cars. You need a sound mechanic to enjoy the car peacefully
Re: Help!!!!!!!!! My Honda Civic 2006 Won't Start After The Engine Was Dismounted. by David50: 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2022
Ops where do you stay?
Re: Help!!!!!!!!! My Honda Civic 2006 Won't Start After The Engine Was Dismounted. by Gluck4cars: 4:47pm On Aug 10, 2022
Dozieson:

My fear with Honda cars. You need a sound mechanic to enjoy the car peacefully
EOD is okay.
Problem with '06 Civic is that the engine room is too compact, as such kick-starter replacement could be a night mare.

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!!!!! My Honda Civic 2006 Won't Start After The Engine Was Dismounted. by EzeUmuokorobiaa: 10:22am On Aug 11, 2022
Gluck4cars post=115571Thanks for the suggestion. I will ask the electrician Nawaooo551:

Re: Help!!!!!!!!! My Honda Civic 2006 Won't Start After The Engine Was Dismounted. by EzeUmuokorobiaa: 10:44am On Aug 11, 2022
[quote author=David50 post=115572292]Ops where do you stay?

Portharcourt
Re: Help!!!!!!!!! My Honda Civic 2006 Won't Start After The Engine Was Dismounted. by cabosnoopy(m): 7:08pm On Aug 11, 2022
slimmoney:
scan the car, same bolt can be removed without dismantling the engine, this is a car i used for almost 2 years and my engine bolt broke on many occasions.
same with mine and they suggested bringing down the engine like that of OP I refused, what we did was just to lower the engine and a welder welded the broken bolt out... OP dem don kill ur car let dem check your fuse box to confirm all fuses and relays are in good shape

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!!!!! My Honda Civic 2006 Won't Start After The Engine Was Dismounted. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 11, 2022
Is kazeem your mechanic? Person wey no finish primary school because he no Sabi book dem come force am to learn handwork.See,a mechanical engineer requires a literate and one who is tech inclined.
Re: Help!!!!!!!!! My Honda Civic 2006 Won't Start After The Engine Was Dismounted. by RZArecta(m): 7:12am On Aug 12, 2022
I'm afraid of Port Harcourt mechanics with a passion, even the good ones cool
Re: Help!!!!!!!!! My Honda Civic 2006 Won't Start After The Engine Was Dismounted. by slimmoney(m): 8:58am On Aug 12, 2022
that's what experienced mechanics do, they place jack under the engine, remove the passenger side mount and jack the engine down till the broken bolt is visible from tire side and the welder does his job from there.
cabosnoopy:
with mine and they suggested bringing down the engine like that of OP I refused, what we did was just to lower the engine and a welder welded the broken bolt out... OP dem don kill ur car let dem check your fuse box to confirm all fuses and relays are in good shape
Re: Help!!!!!!!!! My Honda Civic 2006 Won't Start After The Engine Was Dismounted. by seanfer(m): 10:57am On Aug 12, 2022
RZArecta:
I'm afraid of Port Harcourt mechanics with a passion, even the good ones cool

Those PH Mechanics even devil dey fear them.... Majority don't even know what they are doing..
Re: Help!!!!!!!!! My Honda Civic 2006 Won't Start After The Engine Was Dismounted. by captainking(m): 10:11pm On Aug 12, 2022
EzeUmuokorobiaa:

Car is in Portharcourt.

Please Help Me!!!
.oh. phc..
Contact Mrford. He will fix it for you.. He's very very good

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!!!!! My Honda Civic 2006 Won't Start After The Engine Was Dismounted. by Mrford(m): 2:38pm On Aug 13, 2022
If you haven't gotten it fixed. Call me on 08136933109 I will help you fix it.

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!!!!!! My Honda Civic 2006 Won't Start After The Engine Was Dismounted. by Dozieson(m): 3:41pm On Aug 13, 2022
Mrford:
If you haven't gotten it fixed. Call me on 08136933109 I will help you fix it.

Respect

(1) (Reply)

Orange Lights On Dashboard Turns Me Off. / Audi A2 1.4tdi / Volks Wagon OCTAVIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.