Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,984 members, 7,821,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? (2469 Views)

Enugu: Ejikeme Omeje Is Dead! (APC House Of Reps Candidate Dies In Autocrash) / If A Presidential Candidate Dies Before Election Date, What Happens Next? / Buhari Orders IGP Not To Invite Adeleke Before Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by Kurutinto(m): 8:14pm On Aug 10, 2022
So guys, I have been wondering, what will happen if a presidential candidate of a party dies before an election. For example, if tilumbu kicks the bucket now, will shittima be used to replace him or will his party conduct another primaries - inorder to submit the winner's name to inec.

1 Like

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by macrodata(m): 8:22pm On Aug 10, 2022
Vice takes over.
Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by Kurutinto(m): 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2022
macrodata:
Vice takes over.

You mean the running mate?

1 Like

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by Enskynelson(m): 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2022
Your example funny bro grin

2 Likes

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by EndsarsReloaded: 8:27pm On Aug 10, 2022
Kurutinto:
So guys, I have been wondering, what will happen if a presidential candidate of a party dies before an election. For example, if tilumbu kicks the bucket now, will shittima be used to replace him or will his party conduct another primaries - inorder to submit the winner's name to inec.
Shettima automatically takes over and that's why it is dangerous for Nigeria. Having a Boko Haram patron as president is as bad as having a Taliban regime in Nigeria.

30 Likes

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by Obudupikin: 8:28pm On Aug 10, 2022
Kurutinto:

I think the runner up in the primaries becomes the replacement. I stand corrected.
But I am very certain he won't be replaced by his running mate.

6 Likes

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 10, 2022
You shouldn't have mentioned anybody's name. This is evil and wicked. Please don't do this. Don't wish anybody death. I think this thread should closed.
And by the way I am Obidient and Yusful.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by PandoraObi: 8:32pm On Aug 10, 2022
Igbos? faleke was the the running mate of abubakar of Kogi but yahaya Bello is their governor, I wish Kanu can give back the brains in his possession

5 Likes

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by Kurutinto(m): 8:34pm On Aug 10, 2022
PandoraObi:
Igbos? faleke was the the running mate of abubakar of Kogi but yahaya Bello is their governor, I wish Kanu can give back the brains in his possession

You could have given your answer without tears. Besides, I am from Akoko. Oya collect agbado chop make your body coole

16 Likes

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by Kurutinto(m): 8:35pm On Aug 10, 2022
Excelloque:
You shouldn't have mentioned anybody's name. This is evil and wicked. Please don't do this. Don't wish anybody death. I think this thread should closed.
And by the way I am Obidient and Yusful.

I am not wishing anyone death sir. See that I didnt even spell his name well and that of his running mate

2 Likes

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by ThrownBack: 8:36pm On Aug 10, 2022
This is really scary.
This ticked is flawed beyond redemption.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by PandoraObi: 8:46pm On Aug 10, 2022
Kurutinto:

You could have given your answer without tears. Besides, I am from Akoko. Oya collect agbado chop make your body coole
Hehehehehehehehehe they are fast to claim Yoruba but their parental inefficiencies say otherwise, enjoy your living in denial, when I am not a member of your family

2 Likes

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by Templee333(m): 8:49pm On Aug 10, 2022
Kurutinto:

I am not wishing anyone death sir. See that I didnt even spell his name well and that of his running mate
maybe,just maybe... U are trying 2 tell a prophecy using 4example...
Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by AAA593: 8:49pm On Aug 10, 2022
Kurutinto:
The aspirant that came second during the primaries will take over the party ticket.
Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by Kurutinto(m): 8:49pm On Aug 10, 2022
PandoraObi:
Hehehehehehehehehe they are fast to claim Yoruba but their parental inefficiencies say otherwise, enjoy your living in denial, when I am not a member of your family

That I support candidate other than Tinubu does not make me less Yoruba. Learn to be tolerant

3 Likes

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by PandoraObi: 8:57pm On Aug 10, 2022
Kurutinto:

That I support candidate other than Tinubu does not make me less Yoruba. Learn to be tolerant
Every body can be Yoruba in talks but in your attitude and willingness to protect yoruba against invasion, are you truly Yoruba, if you are giving power to the same set of people that said pastor kumuyi cannot hold crusade in their land because he is Yoruba, the same set of people that vilified Awolowo, Osinbajo, Akinwunmi Adeshina, call Lagos no man's land, destroyed Lagos properties during endsars because Kanu nnamudi commanded them to do so, you better be wise before unknown gunmen and the same agitation that is ravaging Igbo land take it place in the South West.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by FatherBona: 9:00pm On Aug 10, 2022
ThrownBack:
This is really scary.
This ticked is flawed beyond redemption.

Apc abi?!

Who else is reading btwn the lines

1 Like

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by Kurutinto(m): 9:03pm On Aug 10, 2022
PandoraObi:
Every body can be Yoruba in talks but in your attitude and willingness to protect yoruba against invasion, are you truly Yoruba, if you are giving power to the same set of people that said pastor kumuyi cannot hold crusade in their land because he is Yoruba, the same set of people that vilified Awolowo, Osinbajo, Akinwunmi Adeshina, call Lagos no man's land, destroyed Lagos properties during endsars because Kanu nnamudi commanded them to do so, you better be wise before unknown gunmen and the same agitation that is ravaging Igbo land take it place in the South West.

Stop sounding like a clown. You sound Soo pathetic now. It's better you close your mouth so people won't know your head is empty

9 Likes

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by PandoraObi: 9:06pm On Aug 10, 2022
Kurutinto:

Stop sounding like a clown. You sound Soo pathetic now. It's better you close your mouth so people won't know your head is empty
I am not your mother.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by Kurutinto(m): 9:07pm On Aug 10, 2022
PandoraObi:
I am not your mother.

I know yours died of AIDs

1 Like

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by xtivin(m): 9:08pm On Aug 10, 2022
The same process that brought in Yahaya Bello of Kogi applies, the second in the primaries takes over, Ameachi
Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by PandoraObi: 9:09pm On Aug 10, 2022
Kurutinto:

I know yours died of AIDs
Not everyone is your mother, keep your frustration to yourself

2 Likes

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by Kurutinto(m): 9:10pm On Aug 10, 2022
PandoraObi:
Not everyone is your mother, keep your frustration to yourself

Urchin, your tears is my joy

2 Likes

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by PandoraObi: 9:13pm On Aug 10, 2022
Kurutinto:

Urchin, your tears is my joy
Hehehehehehehehehe your grief is taking toll on you.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by Kurutinto(m): 9:16pm On Aug 10, 2022
PandoraObi:
Hehehehehehehehehe your grief is taking toll on you.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by SmartPolician: 9:46pm On Aug 10, 2022
EndsarsReloaded:
Shettima automatically takes over and that's why it is dangerous for Nigeria. Having a Boko Haram patron as president is as bad as having a Taliban regime in Nigeria.

That's not true.

I think it happened in Kogi State in 2015 when Abubukar Audu died few hours to his declaration as the winner of the election and the senate had to amend the law. James Faleke didn't take over but Bello did.

The run-up in the primary election takes over from the deceased contestant. In this case, if Bola Tinubu kicks the bucket (God forbid), Chibuike Amaechi will take over. However, if that happens when they have been sworn in as President and Vice President, then Shettima will replace him.

1 Like

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by Holybaddo: 10:16pm On Aug 10, 2022
Sara
Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by trantayo: 11:02pm On Aug 10, 2022
Most of Pandora boys claimed to be Yoruba. In Yoruba land, it is forbidden to wish someone death. That tells you that, I pity those people fellowing mr. Pandora because he has nothing to offer Nigerians
Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by Britishpea: 11:16pm On Aug 10, 2022
Let’s assume that Peter Obi or Atiku dies what happens? I just want to know
Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by kingPhidel(m): 11:17pm On Aug 10, 2022
For the record, it happened in kogi and you know the outcome of you are current.

Meanwhile what if you kick before him ? Think about yourself fess before someone.
Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:20pm On Aug 10, 2022
Section 34 Nigeria Electoral Act 2022

Death of a candidate

(1) If after the time for the delivery of nomination paper and before the commencement of the poll, a nominated candidate dies, the Chief National Electoral Commissioner shall, being satisfied of the fact of the death, countermand the poll in which the deceased candidate was to participate and the Commission shall appoint some other convenient date for the election within 14 days.

(2) The list of voters to be used at a postponed election shall be the official voters register which was to be used if the election had not been postponed.

(3) If after the commencement of polls and before the announcement of the final result and declaration of a winner, a candidate dies —
(a) the Commission shall, being satisfied of the fact of the death, suspend the election for a period not more than 21 days; and
(b) in the case of election into a legislative House, the election shall start afresh and the political party whose candidate died may, if it intends to continue to participate in the election, conduct a fresh primary within 14 days of the death of its candidate and submit the name of a new candidate to the Commission to replace the dead candidate:

Provided that in the case of presidential or gubernatorial or Federal Capital Territory Area Council election, the running mate shall continue with the election and nominate a new running mate.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by realestate99: 12:05am On Aug 11, 2022
Kurutinto:

Shut up and carry your bigoted flat head out of here, why didn't you mention Obi? Very despicable beings roaming sub Saharan Africa. I would like to see your fate after the elections when your Obi has gone to obscurity and you have started your "Biafra or Death chant."

A poor soul that lacks balanced diet wishing death on someone that can buy his lineage and keep them as pets.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Chieftain Arrested With New Naira Notes In Lagos / Garba Shehu To Orji Kalu: "I Don't Want To Offend The 10th Senate President" / Another Of Obi's Call That Demystifies "Yes Daddy" Coming Up Shortly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.