Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? (2470 Views)

Enugu: Ejikeme Omeje Is Dead! (APC House Of Reps Candidate Dies In Autocrash) / If A Presidential Candidate Dies Before Election Date, What Happens Next? / Buhari Orders IGP Not To Invite Adeleke Before Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by Praxis758: 3:47am On Aug 11, 2022
The Kogi precedence in 2015 will become the decider. The runner up in the primary will use the Yahaya Bello Vs Faleke as a ground to challenge it in court.
Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by Kurutinto(m): 8:40am On Aug 11, 2022
realestate99:

Shut up and carry your bigoted flat head out of here, why didn't you mention Obi? Very despicable beings roaming sub Saharan Africa. I would like to see your fate after the elections when your Obi has gone to obscurity and you have started your "Biafra or Death chant."

A poor soul that lacks balanced diet wishing death on someone that can buy his lineage and keep them as pets.

Do you want to die with him?? Quote me again and i will teach you how to mind your business. Quote me and I will send you to yonder
Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by Templee333(m): 9:00am On Aug 11, 2022
Kurutinto:

Do you want to die with him?? Quote me again and i will teach you how to mind your business. Quote me and I will send you to yonder
what! What!! What!!!. How u wan take do am sir?
Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by realestate99: 10:45am On Aug 11, 2022
Kurutinto:

Look at this fool making death threat, when you are run by emotions that is what you get, death is an easy path for fools like you, insanity is the proper way to deal with souls like yours.
Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by Kurutinto(m): 10:52am On Aug 11, 2022
realestate99:

Look at this fool making death threat, when you are run by emotions that is what you get, death is an easy path for fools like you, insanity is the proper way to deal with souls like yours.

Now you have entered the trap where i want you
Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by realestate99: 10:55am On Aug 11, 2022
Kurutinto:

Now you have entered the trap where i want you
Shut the Bleep up and get out, if you are not careful and you want me to tow this lane with you offline, people close to you would cry. You do not threaten people you dont know.

I won't reply you further.
Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by Kurutinto(m): 10:56am On Aug 11, 2022
realestate99:

Shut the Bleep up and get out, if you are not careful and you want me to tow this lane with you offline, people close to you would cry. You do not threaten people you dont know.

I won't reply you further.

wait for my actions. You are at the exact point where i want to get you.
Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by realestate99: 10:57am On Aug 11, 2022
Kurutinto:

wait for my actions. You are at the exact point where i want to get you.
Lol!!!
I don't even know I am dealing with an Ipobic comedian.
Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by denko(m): 10:58am On Aug 11, 2022
Conduct another primary or the second person during the previous primary will take his place
macrodata:
Vice takes over.
Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by hero2000: 2:50pm On Oct 10, 2022
Obudupikin:

I think the runner up in the primaries becomes the replacement. I stand corrected.
But I am very certain he won't be replaced by his running mate.

You are wrong bro.
Read below:
"Where a nominated candidate dies after the commencement of polls and before the final result and declaration of a winner, INEC is empowered to suspend the election for a period not more than 21 days.

Provided that where it is an election into a legislative House, a fresh primary shall be conducted by the political party of the deceased candidate within 14 days of death.

However, in case of presidential or gubernatorial or federal capital territory area council election, the running mate shall continue with the election and nominate a new running mate."
Re: What Happens If A Presidential Candidate Dies before election? by orisa37: 6:53pm On Oct 10, 2022
HIS OWN HAS "PAFUKA".

(1) (2) (Reply)

Checkout Why Opobo People Don't Bear Igbo Names / Did President Tinubu Kill Central Bank of Nigeria governor Godwin Emefiele ? / What Is Our Government Doing In Terms Of Infrastructure Construction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.