Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,746 members, 7,827,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo (21827 Views)

The Oppressive Monopoly That May Soon Consume Nigeria - Reno Omokri / Nigerians Are Frustrated, Says Obasanjo / Fayemi: "Fayose Is A Mad Dog & Fraudster, Election Fire Will Consume Him" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by noble71(m): 5:48am On Aug 11, 2022
Elections have consequences. You don't vote along tribes and religious line and expect a working country. Vote competent people! Vote Peter Obi for a better Nigeria.

Meanwhile at a good rate sell your Pi to us.
Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by UselessBuharist: 5:48am On Aug 11, 2022
Baba leave them oo, many are destined to be consumed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by Ganzoh: 5:48am On Aug 11, 2022
OBJ is the major cause of the problem we are facing today.....if u know u know.

During his regime he gave out oil block for pussy and couldn't approve a state for his SW state which was the right thing to do at that point in time....consience is now judging them, and you still want to put that on us...inside life.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by Ofolete: 5:49am On Aug 11, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Which one of the candidates currently running is synonymous with progress? grin

Which candidate brought progress to the people?

The question is, among the contestants which one is more acceptable? We should avoid tribalism for it not to reset our reasoning.
Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by ImperialYoruba: 5:54am On Aug 11, 2022
Ofolete:

The question is, among the contestants which one is more acceptable? We should avoid tribalism for it not to reset our reasoning.

You admit Tinubu is progressive.

Well, Baba Obasanjo has spoken.
Refer all further questions to him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by henryadex(m): 5:56am On Aug 11, 2022
I don't think this democracy is friendly with Nigeria in the spiritual realm until the host of heaven and the consternations fight and dislodges this princes, Nigeria may become a mirage
Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by SoluDeOracle1: 5:57am On Aug 11, 2022
With due respect sir, you're part of our problem but it seems you've repented...... Noted sir ❤️❤️.... We're Obidient to the Cor!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by Raph82(m): 5:58am On Aug 11, 2022
I begin to wonder if this old man truly believes in what he says. You're the same man who vehemently pulled up momentum to boot out GEJ and enthroned this nonentity on Nigerians, now that the table has turned against you, you're clamouring for a change through a common man's vote, as if you believe in true democracy.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by lexy2014: 6:00am On Aug 11, 2022
galaxy2020:
How can APC be campaigning to replace APC Nigerians have rejected? NO BE JUJU BE THAT!

One Tinubu supporter said "Tinubu is coming to rescue nigeria". How can Tinubu rescue nigeria from buhari & APC?

He was trying to hype Tinubu but ended up shooting himself in the foot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by Joe4real1988(m): 6:01am On Aug 11, 2022
Wipper7000:
Is he not the brain behind Nigeria problem.
Bro his tenure and brain behind our problem has passed. Let's not focused on the past, let's just try to make things right this present and get rid of these old brains. We really have to put religion and tribe aside this time around and try a new crop. Do u really think if they present Osibanjo and that wack Rochas, that i will choose/vote Rochas because of region? Religion and tribe have really hampered our progress as a Nation, why don't we just put these two things aside for once and see how the result is gonno be?
Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by lexy2014: 6:01am On Aug 11, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

You admit Tinubu is progressive.

Well, Baba Obasanjo has spoken.
Refer all further questions to him.

How is Tinubu progressive?
Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by ElSudani: 6:02am On Aug 11, 2022
He once commended Tinubu for being a brilliant governor with brilliant ideas. Not Atiku, not Obi.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by Stanweezy(m): 6:04am On Aug 11, 2022
Some ppl head strong, they willn still go and vote their ancestors
Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by SlavaUkraini: 6:05am On Aug 11, 2022
mascot87:
Exactly my able former president. Wrong choice like Obi and Atiku will consume Nigeria in 2023.
The right and most reasonable choice is BAT.
May Tinubu be our president come 2023 for a greater and better Nigeria.

Nonsense

Tinubu is the One that is a Wrong Choice.

He supported Buhari twice. Even when it was very evident that he is a colossal failure, he kept supporting the Failure just because he has an ulterior motive of succeeding Buhari.

Nigerians have not forgotten the lies and Yahoo Yahoo Promises that he made to them when he packaged Buhari as a change agent.

Today Nigerians are suffering because of the Dullard that Tinubu packaged to them.

If Tinubu has something to offer Nigerians, he would have shared those ideas with Buhari, so that this current Government that he is supporting would make life easier and better for Nigerians.

The only thing Tinubu have is a blind ambition to be called Mr President.

His dreams of becoming president, would become his worst nightmare in 6 months Time.

Enough is Enough: APC must Go

1 Share

Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by isaiahethan: 6:07am On Aug 11, 2022
malel1:

Which useless youths ?
The ones seriously campaigning for an old man to take over due to tribalism and others ?

Exactly the problem. Hates and tribalism already eating some Nigerians. But if they failed to get it right in 2023.
Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by favour32(m): 6:08am On Aug 11, 2022
Only idiots will not understand due to stomach infrastructures.
THE MESSAGE IS CLEAR!
VOTE PETER OBI OF LABOUR PARTY!
Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by ufotunang: 6:11am On Aug 11, 2022
It's true... wrong choice in 2023...then Nigeria will be in hell fire... from fry pan to fire
Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by emmanuelbrown26: 6:13am On Aug 11, 2022
malel1:

Which useless youths ?
The ones seriously campaigning for an old man to take over due to tribalism and others ?
I hv stopped commenting on 2023 elections both online and offline, but ur comment caught my attention. Is now that I know that we hv many useless youths, that's why I stopped commenting, if naija wan burn na everybody en go consume.
I just dey manage my life wit d small change I hustle but u usee giving people money, I hv stopped that, mak everybody dey answer en papa name, since people no wan get sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by 07kjb: 6:14am On Aug 11, 2022
Will TRIBALISM allow NIGERIANS to have sense

Vote L.P
Vote OBIDATTI for the change we need
Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by Letmehearword: 6:15am On Aug 11, 2022
A Friend is looking a spacious Single room or Room and Parlour self contain at Sapele Road, Aduwawa, Ikpoba Slope, or Upper mission Road In Benin city. Budget is 70-90,000.. Pls Dm if you have any info on this. Thanks.
Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by anonimi: 6:16am On Aug 11, 2022
Moh247:
cool
Spoken like an elder
We have read Baba Obasanjo's book and we know the enemies of Nigeria who now pretend to be patriotic after wish evil on Nigeria few months ago
Baba Obasanjo's under my watch opened our eyes.

Opened your eyes to the lies of a vengeful man who should be grateful and loyal like Fashola is to Tinubu for giving him a chance at second term in 2011?

G1STMORE:
Soyinka was replying a question at a special reading session to mark the presentation of his latest book, “Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?: Gani’s Unfinished Business”, at the Freedom Park, Lagos.

Speaking at the event, Mr. Louis Odion, one-time Edo State Information Commissioner and The Nation columnist, asked the literary giant whether he believed a sensational claim last year by Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose of witnessing Obasanjo going down on his knees in Tripoli before the late President Muamar Ghaddafi in his desperate bid to secure the Libyan strongman’s support for an extension of his chairmanship of the African Union (AU), since the former Nigerian President has neither denied nor confirmed the account.

Fayose’s account was published by an Abuja-based monthly magazine, The Interview.

Ghaddafi was younger than Obasanjo. Libya is smaller in size and population compared to Nigeria.

Responding, Soyinka said he had no cause to doubt Fayose, given his knowledge of how Obasanjo did the “unthinkable” when his aspiration for a second term in office was similarly threatened in 2003.

Said he: “Before the PDP primaries in January 2003, Obasanjo got everyone he knew could reach me on the surface on the earth including Yemi Ogunbiyi and my son, to get me to help him intercede when it was clear that (Abubakar) Atiku was in a position to take his job. He knew Atiku had a lot of regard for me and calls me ‘Uncle’.”

In the now famous BBC interview few days to PDP’s 2003 primaries, Atiku had declared that he was under tremendous pressure from his supporters to contest the ticket against Obasanjo but was yet to make up his mind in what triggered panic in Obasanjo’s camp.

“The pressure was intense,” the literary giant recounted. “Of course, I could not have knelt before Atiku not to embark on a course of action that would lead to his boss’ disgrace. But I can confirm to you that Obasanjo as President knelt down before Atiku so that he would not lose his job.

“But I warned Atiku that for making Obasanjo to kneel down for you, be sure you would have to pay heavily for that. I guess my warning came to pass if you remember Atiku’s dramatic change of fortune once Obasanjo was sworn in for a second term of office.”

nairavsdollars:
Atiku is a man I know very well and I have great respect for. I have worked with him before in the company of other notable Nigerians like Chief James Ibori, late DSP Alamieyeseigha and others. We tried to work for him in 2003 to realise his presidential ambition but he missed it at that point.

How did he miss the opportunity?

Atiku was a protégé of the late Shehu Musa Yar’Adua. He has a political machinery that cuts across the country. When Yar’Adua was in prison during the Abacha era, he confided in some of his lieutenants that in case he dies in prison, they should ensure they draft in Olusegun Obasanjo in order to compensate the South West for what happened to the late MKO Abiola. Yar’Adua’s key man then was Atiku so Obasanjo was forced to work with him. When Obasanjo was contesting as president, he had no money. Atiku provided all the funds. I know all this because I was part and parcel of the whole thing. Having agreed on Obasanjo, they needed people to execute the project. It was Atiku that called Chief Anthony Anenih to lead the campaign of Obasanjo. I was the first person Chief Anenih took from Benin in 1998. We usually meet in one very popular hotel in Abuja. That was where the whole plans started before we went to Jos for the convention. Atiku had already won election as governor of Adamawa state because that was his ambition then. But Obasanjo insisted that he wanted him as his running mate so he contested as running mate to Obasanjo despite his position as the governor-elect of Adamawa state. According to sources available to us that time, Obasanjo said he will do a single term but after that, he decided to go for second term. I was physically present at Rivers state Governor’s Lodge when the heat became too much and Obasanjo in the presence of all of us knelt down in front of Atiku begging him to allow him do a second term. I think that was how Atiku missed the opportunity by agreeing to Obasanjo’s plea. His thought was that at least, if Obasanjo completes his second term, he will hand over to him but you all know the story of Third Term Agenda and that was how they fell apart. Atiku had the best opportunity to become president in 2003 and lost it. He had the support of PDP governors then.

https://independent.ng/atiku-lost-opportunity-become-president-2003-idahosa/

1 Like

Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:18am On Aug 11, 2022
President Obasanjo himself was a wrong choice in 1976 and 1999 and Nigeria was not consumed. He chose Yar'Adua for us and we rued the consequences. He imposed Jonathan on us and the same thing happened. He supported Buhari and we are still eating the gari till today. Why should he want Nigerians to believe that he's more patriotic than General Gowon who also was once a head of state? Obasanjo must allow us to freely make our choice this time around. He cannot be wiser than the other Nigerians who also believe that Nigeria must make progress. In any case he has shown his hands too early in the game and we must not allow him to force his preferred candidate on us under the guise of an unsolicited advice. Below is a summation of who Obasanjo truly is according to a learned professor:

"The trouble with Chief Obasanjo’s perspectives is not that his remarks are often mendacious, but that he sanctimoniously seems to always exclude himself from his indictments. Others are flawed; he is blameless. Others are thieves; he is squeaky clean. Others should be in jail for what they have done, whether proven or not; he should walk free despite his frequent subversion of public service rules and ethics"

1 Like

Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by ImperialYoruba: 6:18am On Aug 11, 2022
lexy2014:

How is Tinubu progressive?

Ask your brothers in Lagos, if they were in SE whether dem born dem to open shop when simon ikpa declare sit at home, or UGM dey on patrol.

Ask your brothers in Lagos, if they were in North whether dem born dem to distribute and sell alcohol anyhow during fasting.

Now, ask your brothers in Lagos, if they were in Maiduguri whether dem born dem to do gathering and celebrate yam festival.

How else would you want me to describe progressive Lagos to yanminri? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by Great2017: 6:20am On Aug 11, 2022
mascot87:
Exactly my able former president. Wrong choice like Obi and Atiku will consume Nigeria in 2023.
The right and most reasonable choice is BAT.
May Tinubu be our president come 2023 for a greater and better Nigeria.
You are very wrong. The APC has brought untold hardship, insecurity and poverty to Nigerians through unprecedented corruption and gross incompetence. Nigerians want them out as a result. How on earth do you want the APC to replace the APC? That amounts to standing logic on the head.
Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by tishbite42: 6:23am On Aug 11, 2022
Shut up
U are the main problem of Nigeria
You all contributed to Buhari
Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by ezegenigbonine: 6:24am On Aug 11, 2022
And the right choice OBIDATTI will surely emerge and no street URCHINS, EMI LOKAN URCHINS, AGBADO URCHINS, AND ATIFKU URCHINS shall have power to oppose it.

This country must be taken away from all the ancestors parading themselves as president, sharing it turn by turn (emi lokan) in Jesus name amen.

U people have the mind to mock God by Muslim Muslim ticket abi, now is time to know if really we Christians are serving the living God.
Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by everythinggirly(f): 6:24am On Aug 11, 2022
But you gave us buhari, I fear these politicians, they're truly wicked.
Re: 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo by sonofthunder: 6:25am On Aug 11, 2022
He has been the one giving us the wrong choice since 2007 that he left office.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi Slams Tinubu, Says 2023 Presidency Is Not The Turn Of Anybody / President Buhari In Bilateral Meetings With Mahmoud Abbas And Issoufou (Photos) / Wale Edun’s Company Gets Lucrative Contract Weeks After NSIP Was Moved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.