Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,562 members, 7,861,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:26 PM

Eneramo Regrets Playing For Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eneramo Regrets Playing For Nigeria (586 Views)

Obafemi Martins Retires From Playing For Nigeria / Africa Born Footballers Playing For Non-african Countries / Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Eneramo Regrets Playing For Nigeria by omamokta: 11:36am On Aug 04, 2011
Sivasspor striker, Michael Eneramo, has expressed disappointment that he featured for Nigeria’s Super Eagles as an international player.

Eneramo has made 10 appearances for the Super Eagles and has scored thrice. The 25-year-old said after playing during the eras of Amodu Shuaibu and Austin Eguavoen as Nigeria’s head coaches he expects to figure in the plans of Samson Siasia.

“I’m not happy that after playing for Nigeria that I’m getting no chance at all again because I had the chance to play for Tunisia.

“I played for Nigeria when coach Amodu Shuaibu was in charge but I don’t know why I’m not being considered now,” lamented the big forward.

Eneramo had considered taking up Tunisian citizenship two years ago while on the books of Esperance in a bid to be eligible to play for their men’s national team.

But the former Lobi Stars man was convinced to join the Nigerian setup and made his debut for the Super Eagles in February 2009.

Since Siasia became Nigeria head coach, Eneramo like other strikers have not been considered for recent games of the Super Eagles.
Re: Eneramo Regrets Playing For Nigeria by honeric01(m): 12:00pm On Aug 04, 2011

(1)

Mourinho Won An Award In Us / Predict Euro Fixtures / Pa Okunsanwo Dies Due To Chelsea's Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.