Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,227 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Infections,mathew 15:20 & Believers, Are They Compatible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Infections,mathew 15:20 & Believers, Are They Compatible? (288 Views)

Feminism And Christianity; Are They Compatible? / Rev. Father Mathew Orie Beaten, Hospitalised Over N500 In Ebonyi State. Photos / Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infections,mathew 15:20 & Believers, Are They Compatible? by Templee333(m): 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2022
This's something i've been trying to figure out,it's understood that handwashing is important for a healthy living.But in Mat.15:20,Jesus said that eating with unwashed hands doesn't defile a man. He classified hand washing as traditions of men that make the word of God invalid-Mark 7:1-5,13. Thus,he encouraged his disciples to eat with dirty hands.
Now to us believers, why do we have hand washing station in our churches? Why do we wash hands b4 we eat? Was Jesus lying to us? Or is it that we don't believe Jesus' words anymore. Remember, it's sin that defiles a man,not virus. Now i need a mature christian with sound mind to explain this. I don't need atheist & non christians.
Re: Infections,mathew 15:20 & Believers, Are They Compatible? by Eryyy92: 1:29pm On Aug 11, 2022
Templee333:
This's something i've been trying to figure out,it's understood that handwashing is important for a healthy living.But in Mat.15:20,Jesus said that eating with unwashed hands doesn't defile a man. He classified hand washing as traditions of men that make the word of God invalid-Mark 7:1-5,13. Thus,he encouraged his disciples to eat with dirty hands.
Now to us believers, why do we have hand washing station in our churches? Why do we wash hands b4 we eat? Was Jesus lying to us? Or is it that we don't believe Jesus' words anymore. Remember, it's sin that defiles a man,not virus. Now i need a mature christian with sound mind to explain this. I don't need atheist & non christians.
Washing of hands in those days were tradition made by men that is their forefathers. The purpose which I think is for them to have a clean hands..because they think as everyday goes by, there must have been some contacts with people and animals the Jews considered unclean. So the elders admonished the people to always wash their hands before eating so as not to put those unclean hands into their mouth...those hands which have touched unclean animals and unclean people.
Now in our present times, washing of hands is just for removal of dirt on our hands we come across. It has no religious or moral obligations.
Re: Infections,mathew 15:20 & Believers, Are They Compatible? by advocatejare(m): 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2022
Eryyy92:
Washing of hands in those days were tradition made by men that is their forefathers. The purpose which I think is for them to have a clean hands..because they think as everyday goes by, there must have been some contacts with people and animals the Jews considered unclean. So the elders admonished the people to always wash their hands before eating so as not to put those unclean hands into their mouth...those hands which have touched unclean animals and unclean people.
Now in our present times, washing of hands is just for removal of dirt on our hands we come across. It has no religious or moral obligations.
Excellent response.

Jesus was explaining hand washing in respect to staying holy and not as related to personal hygiene, that was why the word used is “ κοινοῦντα” koinounta which means defilement.

If op has read from verse 17, he would have understood better:
“Do you not see that whatever goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and is expelled? But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person”

Vs 18-20
But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander.

Simply put Mr. op Templee333, the evil that one thinks in his heart are what defiles him and not by eating with unwashed hands. There was nothing in that verse that is related to infection

Washing hands before eating to remove dirts is for personal hygiene and not for the purpose of being religiously holy
Re: Infections,mathew 15:20 & Believers, Are They Compatible? by Templee333(m): 2:34pm On Aug 11, 2022
Eryyy92:
okay...o o o, now i see am...but wait, i still have one more thing 2 ask...i'm coming
Re: Infections,mathew 15:20 & Believers, Are They Compatible? by Templee333(m): 9:45pm On Aug 18, 2022
advocatejare:

Excellent response.

Jesus was explaining hand washing in respect to staying holy and not as related to personal hygiene, that was why the word used is “ κοινοῦντα” koinounta which means defilement.

If op has read from verse 17, he would have understood better:
“Do you not see that whatever goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and is expelled? But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person”

Vs 18-20
But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander.

Simply put Mr. op Templee333, the evil that one thinks in his heart are what defiles him and not by eating with unwashed hands. [b]There was nothing in that verse that is hygiene and not for the purpose of being religiously holy
okay
Re: Infections,mathew 15:20 & Believers, Are They Compatible? by Templee333(m): 7:23pm On Aug 30, 2022
Mr MaxInDHouse who claim to knw everything,come & explain this.

(1) (Reply)

Thunder Kills Soldier Who Attacked Pro-biafra Agitators, IPOB Celebrates / Prayer To Lucifer. / Out Of Darkness Into His Marvelous Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.