Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,689 members, 7,813,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

My Experience Traveling From Lagos To Kotoka International Airport Accra - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience Traveling From Lagos To Kotoka International Airport Accra (1225 Views)

My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) / Daring Experience Traveling By Boat From Eagle Island PH: Pics & Video / Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Traveling From Lagos To Kotoka International Airport Accra by Bbsharon(f): 4:55pm On Aug 11, 2022
In this video I shared my honest flight review using Airpeace Airline for my return trip to Accra from Lagos.

My flight was delayed for 3hours plus and it was a night flight so it was a frustrating experience having to stay in the airport for that long due to flight delays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RpWNYeFcEI

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling From Lagos To Kotoka International Airport Accra by Bbsharon(f): 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2022
Good to have you here!! Have you been on this route before using Airpeace or at the Kotoka international Airport Accra at any point in time ? Kindly share your experience. Thanks for your comment… smiley

https://www.travelwithdemmy.com/2022/08/flying-airpeace-from-lagos-to-kotoka.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling From Lagos To Kotoka International Airport Accra by AlphaTaikun: 9:38pm On Aug 17, 2022
Bbsharon:
Good to have you here!! Have you been on this route before using Airpeace or at the Kotoka international Airport Accra at any point in time? Kindly share your experience. Thanks for your comment… smiley

https://www.travelwithdemmy.com/2022/08/flying-airpeace-from-lagos-to-kotoka.html
@Bbsharon, I trust you're doing okay.

Wow! This thread brings back memories for me 'Dami. smiley

My first trip ever into Kotoka International Airport was in 1987 via one of the 4 brand new Nigeria Airways wide-bodied Airbus A310 planes. We were originally flying from MMIA, Ikeja, Lagos to the very well-planned and beautiful city of Abidjan in Cote d'Ivoire for an international conference at Hotel Ivoire [where the iconic pop legend Michael Jackson stayed during his 1986 visit to that country].

The Airbus plane first landed smoothly at Kotoka Airport, Accra which had about 3 disused or crashed planes littered around and it felt good to be in that huge Nigeria Airways A310 plane [as a person of Nigerian descent] when compared to other smaller passenger planes parked on the tarmac.

We then flew off again onboard the Airbus A310 from Kotoka Airport, Accra for the nearby city of Abidjan [Félix Houphouët-Boigny International Airport], in Cote d'Ivoire after spending close to one hour at Kotoka Airport.

The new Kotoka International Airport Terminals as of 2022 are more functional and modern than the Kotoka Airport of 1987.

Safe Trips.

Ciao. wink

Attached below is an image of a Nigeria Airways Airbus A310. [One of the four ever purchased directly from the Airbus factory in 1985].

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling From Lagos To Kotoka International Airport Accra by AlphaTaikun: 10:32am On Aug 18, 2022
Bbsharon:
In this video I shared my honest flight review using Airpeace Airline for my return trip to Accra from Lagos.

My flight was delayed for 3hours plus and it was a night flight so it was a frustrating experience having to stay in the airport for that long due to flight delays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RpWNYeFcEI

That's a great flight review as usual 'Dami. An insightful 13 minutes of viewing. wink Flight delays tend to take place on the West African routes that I have flown.

Only the best airlines that are time-efficient have always survive globally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling From Lagos To Kotoka International Airport Accra by Bbsharon(f): 12:30pm On Aug 18, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

My first trip ever into Kotoka International Airport was in 1987 via one of the 4 brand new Nigeria Airways wide-bodied Airbus A310 planes. We were originally flying from MMIA, Ikeja, Lagos to the very well-planned and beautiful city of Abidjan in Cote d'Ivoire for an international conference at Hotel Ivoire [where the iconic pop legend Michael Jackson stayed during his 1986 visit to that country].

The Airbus plane first landed smoothly at Kotoka Airport, Accra which had about 3 disused or crashed planes littered around and it felt good to be in that huge Nigeria Airways A310 plane [as a person of Nigerian descent] when compared to other smaller passenger planes parked on the tarmac.

We then flew off again onboard the Airbus A310 from Kotoka Airport, Accra for the nearby city of Abidjan, in Cote d'Ivoire after spending close to one hour at Kotoka Airport.

The new Kotoka International Airport Terminals as of 2022 are more functional and modern than the Kotoka Airport of 1987.

Safe Trips.

Ciao. wink

Attached below is an image of a Nigeria Airways Airbus A310. [One of the four ever purchased directly from the Airbus factory in 1985].

Thanks for sharing!! Talking about the Nigeria Airways plane showed it’s really been a long time ago. And yes, the kotoka international Airport was renovated not too long ago

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling From Lagos To Kotoka International Airport Accra by AlphaTaikun: 12:59pm On Aug 18, 2022
Bbsharon:

Thanks for sharing!! Talking about the Nigeria Airways plane showed it’s really been a long time ago. And yes, the kotoka international Airport was renovated not too long ago
You're welcome 'Dami... Anytime. wink

I tried visiting your blog, but it wasn't opening and my Internet access is super-fast here... blazing speed of downloads and browsing is fast. Check on your end to make sure there are no glitches.

Yeah, the flight by the Nigeria Airways A310 to Kotoka Airport in 1987 was 35 years ago as of 2022.

Below is one of the two Airbus A310s [5N-AUF] I have ever flown on [In full majesty at Heathrow Airport].

Enjoy your day 'Dami! smiley

1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling From Lagos To Kotoka International Airport Accra by Bbsharon(f): 9:49pm On Aug 18, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

I tried visiting your blog, but it wasn't opening and my Internet access is super-fast here... blazing speed of downloads and browsing is fast. Check on your end to make sure there are no glitches.

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. For the blog guess it’s a server problem because it’s opening at my end here. Thanks for the support always!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling From Lagos To Kotoka International Airport Accra by AlphaTaikun: 8:42am On Aug 19, 2022
Bbsharon:

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. For the blog guess it’s a server problem because it’s opening at my end here. Thanks for the support always!!
'Dami you're welcome.

That's strange... but then server issues can cause the glitch situation as you've said. I'll check your blog again with another Internet Service Provider and device.

Second, I saw the "tired look" that you had on the 45-minutes flight from Lagos to Accra because of the Arik Air flight delay. Your return flight from Accra was yummy though with the Ghana jollof jumping right into your eyes. grin

You can get yourself an energy booster drink like Lucozade or even Glucose D drink the next time you plan to take a trip by air and even by road because delays and flight cancelations due to adverse weather condition and more are sometimes inevitable after doing all that you can to avoid that situation.

You'll find the article weblink right below (that I bookmarked some time ago) useful as well. smiley

Further reading:=> https://www.flightfud.com/blogs/travel/travel-fatigue-explained-signs-symptoms-causes

TRAVEL FATIGUE IS NOT JET LAG
Often used interchangeably, there is a significant difference between travel fatigue and jet lag. While travel fatigue could be caused by any mode of transport, jet lag is related to aircraft and timezones.

Also known as time zone change syndrome, jet lag is when people travel across different time zones and end up disrupting their sleep cycle. This condition is seen related to circadian rhythm disorder and can lead to irritability, insomnia, and headaches.

'Dami, enjoy your weekend.wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling From Lagos To Kotoka International Airport Accra by Bbsharon(f): 4:02am On Aug 20, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

'Dami you're welcome.

That's strange... but then server issues can cause the glitch situation as you've said. I'll check your blog again with another Internet Service Provider and device.

Second, I saw the "tired look" that you had on the 45-minutes flight from Lagos to Accra because of the Arik Air flight delay. Your return flight from Accra was yummy though with the Ghana jollof jumping right into your eyes. grin

You can get yourself an energy booster drink like Lucozade or even Glucose D drink the next time you plan to take a trip by air and even by road because delays and flight cancelations due to adverse weather condition and more are sometimes inevitable after doing all that you can to avoid that situation.

You'll find the article weblink right below (that I bookmarked some time ago) useful as well. smiley

Further reading:=> https://www.flightfud.com/blogs/travel/travel-fatigue-explained-signs-symptoms-causes

TRAVEL FATIGUE IS NOT JET LAG
Often used interchangeably, there is a significant difference between travel fatigue and jet lag. While travel fatigue could be caused by any mode of transport, jet lag is related to aircraft and timezones.

Also known as time zone change syndrome, jet lag is when people travel across different time zones and end up disrupting their sleep cycle. This condition is seen related to circadian rhythm disorder and can lead to irritability, insomnia, and headaches.

'Dami, enjoy your weekend.wink

Thanks a lot, I appreciate and I will check the link out. Have a great weekend also.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling From Lagos To Kotoka International Airport Accra by NovusHomo(m): 9:22pm On Sep 09, 2023
AlphaTaikun:

We then flew off again onboard the Airbus A310 from Kotoka Airport, Accra for the nearby city of Abidjan [Félix Houphouët-Boigny International Airport], in Cote d'Ivoire after spending close to one hour at Kotoka Airport.

Safe Trips.

Ciao. wink

Those were the days cry

(1) (Reply)

Can 2m Take My Brother To Canada / The Face Of A New Africa In Tinapa,calabar. / Hilarious: Honest Visa Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.