Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,500 members, 7,865,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:32 PM

The Sorry State Of Nigerian Electricity Issue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sorry State Of Nigerian Electricity Issue (164 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 / Sorry State Of Ikeja Bus Terminal Months After It Was Commissioned By Buhari / Omoyele Sowore Laments On The Sorry State Yaba Railway Station (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sorry State Of Nigerian Electricity Issue by Lionize: 7:25am On Aug 12, 2022
When people talk about electricity generation and distribution it sounds like it is space science. Why should the government monopolise the sector, and yet not performing. Nigerians have resorted to helping themselves all the way. Now they have liberalised generation, but then, the national grid evil is an impedance. I made bold to say the politicians are benefitting from the suffering of Nigerians.

200 million people in Nigeria share 4,000MW of electricity, but South Africa generates 50,000MW and yet declared emergency on power generation, but not in Nigeria.

Until what happened to Nitel happens to power holding, Nigeria is not ready to move forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl4XI0sk-Rk
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigerian Electricity Issue by ThrownBack: 7:28am On Aug 12, 2022
There is hope.

Re: The Sorry State Of Nigerian Electricity Issue by Lionize: 7:43am On Aug 12, 2022
I totally agree with you, if only Nigerians want it
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigerian Electricity Issue by meobizy(f): 7:58am On Aug 12, 2022
Big talk. Put him there and all we’ll get will remain excuses. The state he governed, does it have steady electricity? Mediocres, all of them.
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigerian Electricity Issue by Lionize: 3:05pm On Aug 12, 2022
meobizy:
Big talk. Put him there and all we’ll get will remain excuses. The state he governed, does it have steady electricity? Mediocres, all of them.

I think the legislation surrounding the power issue is the limiting factor, if not at least states like Rivers would generate enough to feed many states around them. Perhaps the governors will strive to get it right in their states at least.

(1) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Promoting Tinubu Will Make You Look Stupid- Dino Melaye / Why I Can't Be 'obi-dient'- Femi Kuti / Herders' Union, Miyetti Allah Asks Fulanis Not To Vote Peter Obi Calls Him Bigot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.