Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,232 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) (55383 Views)

Guys/ladies : How Much Are You Charged For Your Hairdo? / See How This Lady Made Her Hair To Look Like Emojis / 5 Types Of Hair Cut For The Fashion Conscious Man; Old School Is The New School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by datola: 12:59am On Aug 13, 2022
KingAzubuike:

And how do you know this?

I have read a lot about the Nobel Lauret.
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by dogmart(m): 2:11am On Aug 13, 2022
morinto:

At least it is still better than Nigeria in which the average people can't afford house

hmmm.... talk about any other things, but not housing please. Yes we know there are lots of advantages to living in developed countries, that doesnt mean we should decieve ourselves.

Do you know how many working citizens who cannot afford a decent house in developed countries? you see people living in their cars. Nice brand new cars o! highlanders, buses etc.
people live in places you cannot imagine.
and they are working class o. But just cant earn enough to live in a comfortable abode.

i doubt you will ever see that in Nigeria. Housing is crazily cheap here.

Come to Ibadan, you might even not pay rent at all. grin
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by Spandau: 3:17am On Aug 13, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
what does braiding hair for $300 in the US got to do with cutting your own hair?!

I know you are not daft. Think now.
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:22am On Aug 13, 2022
Sweetplum:
Na to carry goroso style enter America o.
How can I make hair of N200K?
How much be aba made wigs if different colours. Abeg, I must learn hair making before japaing. So that I can chop part of these dollars inside hair dressing.

You’d do well if you’re a good braider. Here in America (the South), the cost of braids ranges from $75 to $350. Ghanaian and Senegalese braiders do about two heads in one day alone and more with help. If Nigerian braiders open clean spaces and have nice, welcoming attitudes then there is much money to be made. $1500-$2000/week is realistic.
I don’t wear braids often at all but I paid $150 last time I had my hair braided and the braider used only the hair on my head. I made a thread in the travel section about the money a good braider can make.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by Agugbadin: 3:27am On Aug 13, 2022
You learned the hard way.
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by useni1: 3:37am On Aug 13, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

You’d do well if you’re a good braider. Here in America (the South), the cost of braids ranges from $75 to $350. Ghanaian and Senegalese braiders do about two heads in one day alone and more with help. If Nigerian braiders open clean spaces and have nice, welcoming attitudes then there is much money to be made. I don’t wear braids often at all but I paid $150 last time I had my hair braided and the braider used only the hair on my head.
ashawo doing braid to fvck more men for money. Dirty and smelling thing..i warn you before i have an attitude problem. My temper just too much..idiot wey them dey fvck with $45 baileys. Thunder go fire all of una for that america betraying the motherland. Ashawo kobo kobo.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by seguno2: 3:49am On Aug 13, 2022
dogmart:
grin
You never know whatsup! Soon u will be doing all the chores you contract out to people for Peanuts in Nigeria.
That is the price you have got to pay.
All the goodies comes with a heavy price.

Earn well and spend wella! thats the policy.

I laugh when i hear people salivating at how much people earn in developed countries. (After converting it to naira)
They all fail to put into consideration how much those poeple have to spend.

My friend's rent in Canada is over 10times my rent. And his apartment is less than half of mine.

Yes there are lots of advantages to living in a developed country, but you will pay the price. Don't complain, enjoy it.

Many people forget that.
Just as rights come with responsibilities, so also privileges have prices. You can’t get one without the other.
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by Desusi: 5:28am On Aug 13, 2022
ecolime:
Even my guys for UK no dey keep hair again. Na skin dem dey barb now. And you learn to shave your beards yourself.

No where be like Naija. If not for Buhari, Tinubu and APC wey spoil this country, Nigerians suppose dey flex cry
Thank GOD for Buhari and tinubu ooo. Abi?ope laa du lowo a jole. Meaning, we give thanks to arsonist.
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by blingxx(m): 7:22am On Aug 13, 2022
kenzysmith:
180k for just to plait one hair my God I mist go learn this hand work sharply before I travel abroad. I no sure say I go barb my hair all through the 5yrs of staying there. After all no body kW me there

Na true barbers for Yankee dey get money pass first class graduate here in naija
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by morinto: 7:32am On Aug 13, 2022
dogmart:

hmmm.... talk about any other things, but not housing please. Yes we know there are lots of advantages to living in developed countries, that doesnt mean we should decieve ourselves.

Do you know how many working citizens who cannot afford a decent house in developed countries? you see people living in their cars. Nice brand new cars o! highlanders, buses etc.
people live in places you cannot imagine.
and they are working class o. But just cant earn enough to live in a comfortable abode.

i doubt you will ever see that in Nigeria. Housing is crazily cheap here.

Come to Ibadan, you might even not pay rent at all. grin

No working class is living is living in a car or bus. Please stop that propaganda. I know a girl in the UK who is from sirlanka in Asia. This girl is a cleaner and have two houses in the U. K. not only her i know some cleaners at my place of work that have bought their house in the UK. So u saying that people lived in motor is a lie because one week of my salary can pay for one month of my house rent which is far expensive than 3 bedrooms house in ibadan for a year. Meaning even though my house rent is cost compare to Nigeria my wages is also far big compare to Nigeria which make me to afford my big house rent and the same with other people in the UK

1 Like

Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by dogmart(m): 7:52am On Aug 13, 2022
morinto:

No working class is living is living in a car or bus. Please stop that propaganda. I know a girl in the UK who is from sirlanka in Asia. This girl is a cleaner and have two houses in the U. K. not only her i know some cleaners at my place of work that have bought their house in the UK. So u saying that people lived in motor is a lie because one week of my salary can pay for one month of my house rent which is far expensive than 3 bedrooms house in ibadan for a year. Meaning even though my house rent is cost compare to Nigeria my wages is also far big compare to Nigeria which make me to afford my big house rent and the same with other people in the UK

smiles... There would be no need for any argument here. please do your research.
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by timesup234: 7:54am On Aug 13, 2022
morinto:

Them don come again. Cleaner with two houses in UK when even engineer of 10yrs never fit save down payment. You must be very very stupid to be comfortable in deceiving yourself. Do people still travel to that shithole of a country called UK?

1 Like

Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by dogmart(m): 8:04am On Aug 13, 2022
morinto:

please reduce the lies and educate yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxE1p0X3W2w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRfGcd73QT4

i guess CNN was lying or maybe they were being lied to?

1 Like

Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by Fitzgeraldjonsa: 8:13am On Aug 13, 2022
This is very annoying, but you still have to solve.
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by loliapoopy2013(f): 9:29am On Aug 13, 2022
Before I leave Nigeria, one of my daughters will perfect her braiding skills and the other one will perfect her sewing skills.
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by eguarojeona: 10:30am On Aug 13, 2022
BigDawsNet:
Buy ur clipper, barb your own hair
Save $30 every 2weeks
or keep afro/dread
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by pacespot(m): 11:06am On Aug 13, 2022
I think the money (dollars) is good to be made in America and then send back home for investment. How can someone be charged $300 for a simple braiding
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:16am On Aug 13, 2022
JayPeeOham:

You cannot live comfortably anywhere in Lagos with a 100k salary! Emphasis on comfortably

High cost of feeding, housing, transportation etc when compared to other states in the country, Lagos is the most expensive!

Little wonder why Lagos is the second worst city to live in the whole world
I think the question is, can someone live ‘comfortably’’ with 100k salary anywhere in ‘Southern Nigeria’?

At least I am a southerner and I know the living conditions in the south.
The only thing that is expensive in Lagos when compared to other states is accommodation.
I’m living in Lagos since 2018, and I can tell for a fact that Lagos is cheap to live if you know your way.
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by crazyABO(m): 11:32am On Aug 13, 2022
drakeli:

You even dey try sef. Every two weeks with $20, I have my haircut at my Guatemala barbershop . It looks better than your $50 haircut grin
where u live at and how do you know it looks better
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by VenumX: 12:23pm On Aug 13, 2022
Buy wig. Weave your hair your self and put the wig on. Simple!!!

You cut the whole hair off. angry
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by morinto: 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2022
dogmart:

please reduce the lies and educate yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxE1p0X3W2w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRfGcd73QT4

i guess CNN was lying or maybe they were being lied to?
The video that talk about that guy living in his house is not CNN. That video of what ever is a big fat lie because I can see many lapses in that video
1) The video said he is been paid 70 pounds per hour meaning if he work 11 hour a day he would make 770 dollars. Meaning if he work 50 hours a week he will also make 3,500 dollars a week. My guy Google is your friend you can check for a average 2 bedroom flat in the USA then compare it with that guy salary then you would know the people that did the video are just lame people.
2) Am still surprised why the government have not cease the children from the man. Check reliable journals and not lame people that put stuff into the Internet. Government cease children if you can't take good care of them.
3) concerning that cnn video. It talk about inflation of food which was a general issue and worst compare to Nigeria because of ukraine - Russia war. Food increase in the western world which is true but that does not mean it can't be affordable. It just mean that if u go to the market to buy food then you will feel something left your pocket. Last year before Russia War, if I take 10 pounds to the ALDI supermarket I would buy two bag fill with food that would last me for two weeks but now is not like that because u will feel something left your pocket. But trust me the food is still very cheap compare to your salary.
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by morinto: 2:54pm On Aug 13, 2022
timesup234:
Them don come again. Cleaner with two houses in UK when even engineer of 10yrs never fit save down payment. You must be very very stupid to be comfortable in deceiving yourself. Do people still travel to that shithole of a country called UK?
Don't blame you. I blame lack of exposure. Keep suffering in Nigeria and think is normal thing in the world
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by morinto: 2:57pm On Aug 13, 2022
dogmart:

smiles... There would be no need for any argument here. please do your research.
I suppose to tell u that. Just look for the average salary of that country and look at the average income then you won't argue with me. Most western countries citizen are lazy to work that why dey are homeless
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by Thomasankara(m): 3:30pm On Aug 13, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Better

Funny enough we niggas don't even know or able to differentiate expensive hairstyle in the head of them baby girls

[/color]I tire o,I no place much value on hair[color=#770077]
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:03pm On Aug 13, 2022
kingjiss:
She told you that it's expensive,that's why she cut her hair
Crieff:
The braiding of her hair for $300 is expensive, but now that she has cut her hair, it is now low maintenance at least for the next six months. Compare that to spending $300 every month just for making hair
kunle75:
Cos in some cases that might be half of the entire take home for that week or at worse her entire pay check. Meaning if she continues to pay for such services she will be homeless in mo time,its called cost cutting strategy.
Depending on her status, yea its crazy out here
CommonSense1967:
She can't afford to pay that kind of money for doing her hair.

so braiding your hair is the only valid hairstyle when you reach the west? i guess when foolish people think in such a failed way, next they will go outside naked because they cannot afford luxury/fancy clothing. ARRANT NONSENSE!!!
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:11pm On Aug 13, 2022
ibechris:
Until u visit.
Una go know say Africa sweet for those wey know wetin I dey talk.
My cousin who lives in Netherlands has even started barbing himself after he saw the cost of having his hair cut in Amsterdam...13 to 15 Euros na here.

All the japa people...no where is easy except in Africa.

bro, its only yeye foreigners and white people who pay that much for hair braiding, because most Africans here have a family member who can do it for way cheaper and/or know someone who knows someone who will do it for cheap!
but thats not even the issue.... foolish people who come to the west and expect things to be as cheap as Africa, need to wake the fukc up. if you want Nigerian prices, you stay in Nigeria... because everything in the west will be more expensive (but then, since you earn more money thus can afford it).
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by timesup234: 4:35pm On Aug 13, 2022
morinto:

Don't blame you. I blame lack of exposure. Keep suffering in Nigeria and think is normal thing in the world
ogun strike you and the world. Shango kill exposure. What is my business with the world. Ogun kill western education turning africa like you into slave. Bastard a donkey

1 Like

Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by millionboi(m): 5:21pm On Aug 13, 2022
Kaycee54321:
Lol

As if a lot of ladies are not "rocking low-cut" here in Naija because attachment don cost.

We must still japa.

NEXT!
who is holding you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by UncleJudax(m): 7:30pm On Aug 13, 2022
Habayomie:

Say what you know,.$300 is also big money there.
Sarcasm?
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by meobizy(f): 9:09am On Aug 16, 2022
Short hair is a lot harder to maintain. Braid the hair and you can stay for a month with minimal touch-ups.
Re: Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video) by Fitzgeraldjonsa: 12:55pm On Aug 16, 2022
Thanks for the information keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post.
<a href="https://www.mycoverageinfo.biz/">MyCoverageInfo</a>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guy With Very Long Braids In Onitsha (Photos) / Rate The Haircut I Gave Myself / Model Shares Horrifying Photos Of Her Damaged Eye After Getting Eyeball Tattoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.