Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy (24858 Views)

Ahead Of NEC Meeting, PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Wike / 2023:oyo LP Dep Chair Dumps Party, Declares Support For Atiku’s Candidacy / Ohaneze: We’ll Vote Against Atiku, PDP If…… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by fergie001: 12:28pm On Aug 12, 2022
Wike Disowns Suit against Atiku’s Candidacy

Rivers State Governor, Mr Nyesom Wike few moments ago (Friday) distanced himself from a purported suit said to have been filed by him seeking the removal of Atiku Abubakar as presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in next year’s general election.

This comes few hours after some media outfits had reported that Wike had ordered the removal of PDP flags in Rivers State government house, which also turned out to be false.

In an exclusive chat with THISDAY, the Governor denied knowing anything whatsoever about the purported suit or even knowing the lawyers who filed the suit in the first instance. “I don’t know anything about the so called suit. I did not ask anyone to file any suit for me”

The media was on Friday morning awash with reports that Governor Wike and one Chieftain of the PDP, Mr Newgent Ekamon, had dragged the PDP to court seeking the removal of Atiku as Candidate of the PDP in next year’s presidential polls.

According to the purported suit marked: FHC/ABJ/CS/782/2022, the plaintiffs were said to have hinged their claims on the grounds that the PDP primary conferred undue advantage on Atiku which aided his emergence as candidate of the PDP in the May 28 and 29 primary.

Reacting to the publication, Wike flatly denied the suit said to have been filed at the Federal High Court, Abuja. He described the suit as the handiwork of mischief makers who merely want to use him to score cheap political goals.

He stated emphatically, “I don’t know the lawyers”. Continuing, he said, “am I a kid to be filing a suit at this time. I had 14 days after the primary within which to have filed any suit. I didn’t do that then, is it two months after primary I will file a suit?

He also recalled that, “just yesterday they came up with the claim that I ordered my Chief Security Officer to pull down PDP flag in Government House. This is all false, it’s all propaganda. Some people are trying to use me to win the election. Please disregard all these lies”.

|SOURCE|

PREVIOUS THREADS:
https://www.nairaland.com/7277056/wike-asks-court-declare-him

https://www.nairaland.com/7276642/pdp-crisis-worsens-wike-sues

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by Massiveglory: 12:31pm On Aug 12, 2022
We know where the fake news came from. We know their way. They are desperadoes.
We know their mode of operation. Fake news is their logo.
We know their news paper. They have destroyed Nigeria for 8yrs.
They are pushing another unfit leader and divisive partnership.

Our nation is in coma.
Handing over a sick nation to an unfit person is haram.
Handing over a diverse nation as Nigeria to a man with war mongering partnership is haram.
Vote wisely.

144 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:32pm On Aug 12, 2022
Wahala for politicians wey no get sense

2 Likes

Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by Richardonald(m): 12:32pm On Aug 12, 2022
Wike don't have sense..

They have been using is outburst for political propaganda, you lost, accept your lost and strategize, as if the delegates that voted Atiku are ghosts.

I commend waziri for not picking this turtle man as VP, talks too much..

Rivers State presidential is between PDP and LP, weather he likes it or not, Apc strong men in Rivers are gone.

If you remove Magnus Abe,finebone from Apc in Rivers, wetin come remain..and Amaechi body language should give you a clue.

16 Likes

Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by MrEazi223: 12:32pm On Aug 12, 2022
The one above me stole my FTC
Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by xaviercrid: 12:32pm On Aug 12, 2022
grin One Wike is one Trouble

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by ItIsWellAmen: 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2022
H
Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2022
Wike and Atiku should stop polluting the cyberspace with their issues...

Every other party has gone beyond their primaries except pdp. As it stand now Atiku only votes seems to be his core north side even Delta state is not sure for him again.

22 Likes

Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by iykofias(m): 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2022
This is getting interesting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by tunapawizzy: 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2022
If you no romance dem, opportunity to use you no go dey....Wike should pick a struggle and let his people know where he stands

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by Tunasco4u(m): 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2022
Conflict of interest,doesn't mean they cannot dine on the same table just a normal election drama

2 Likes

Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by Krublog(m): 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2022
Hmmm, politics and politicians!!!

2 Likes

Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by Aderewah: 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2022
Lol. Pitobi heading nowherr

139 Likes

Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by StarFist(m): 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2022
Wike my Godfather
The C and C of Vawulence Republic.

My Mentor

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2022
Tired of this politics of a thing.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by Wintertime: 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2022
Agbado urchins

6 Likes

Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by jacoik(m): 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2022
Confusion everywhere. One don't know who to believe again. In fact, I will stop reading Nigeria newspapers from today and concentrate on TV only

3 Likes

Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by Millimann: 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2022
k
Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by Llight101(m): 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2022
Thought as much

1 Like

Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2022
Na dem, we sabi their handwork

1 Like

Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by bonnyhope: 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2022
Wike
Wike

Wike

1 Like

Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by Bergavis: 12:35pm On Aug 12, 2022
Atiku we know.
PDP 2023

8 Likes

Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by Enddy50ty(m): 12:36pm On Aug 12, 2022
No matter what happens Wike will never leave PDP, instead he'll work with Peter Obi he's just using APC governors to attract more attention.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by OriOko88(m): 12:36pm On Aug 12, 2022
Wike is getting back to his sense gradually. He will work for Atiku. He should no tow the Obi path by throwing the baby away with bath water. We lose some and we win some.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by Nss7ku: 12:37pm On Aug 12, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Disowns Suit Against Atiku's Candidacy by Maxymilliano(m): 12:37pm On Aug 12, 2022
Some people are trying to use me to win the election. Please disregard all these lies”.
The suit is proudly sponsored by the evil demonic party called APC

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Lambast APC Over Location Of Buhari’s Interview / IPOB Woman Collapses In Owerri Court. Rushed To Hospital. Photos / Buhari: APC Has Delivered On All Electoral Promises Made To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.