Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Kindly Advice Me! Is Toefl Better Of Ielts ? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kindly Advice Me! Is Toefl Better Of Ielts ? (1846 Views)

Registration And Preparation Of Ielts,toefl,gre,gmat And All Int,english Languag / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. / Kindly Advice Me! Is Toefl Better Of Ielts ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Advice Me! Is Toefl Better Of Ielts ? by fummyflo: 4:17pm On Aug 04, 2011
Hello nairalander,
plz, i need you advise me if you have an idea about this!
i want to write A' level exams either TOEFL or IELTS exams,
though the school is asking for any of the two exams and the school is in U.K,
what is the difference or advantages in taking anyone of them?
Plz kindly advice me if u've an idea.
Re: Kindly Advice Me! Is Toefl Better Of Ielts ? by Nija4Life(m): 1:30am On Aug 05, 2011
From the best of my knowledge, I would recommend IELTS as it is more recognised in the UK.
TOEFL is more recognised in the US.

I hope this helps

http://apenandaheart..com/

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advice Me! Is Toefl Better Of Ielts ? by Toluth(m): 10:36pm On Aug 05, 2011
Gmat or Gre? Which one is better in terms of admission package into US schools?
Re: Kindly Advice Me! Is Toefl Better Of Ielts ? by pateuropa(m): 7:16pm On Aug 07, 2011
For the UK - IELTS is the standard English Test while for America its mostly TOEFL.

For admission to the US- depending on your field of study- the GRE would be required especially for those studying at the graduate degree level.

For management studies, financial or science - GMAT is required. But the most crucial step is checking the university website.

www.studyabroadinternationalstudents.com
Re: Kindly Advice Me! Is Toefl Better Of Ielts ? by Toluth(m): 9:21pm On Aug 07, 2011
pateuropa:

For the UK - IELTS is the standard English Test while for America its mostly TOEFL.

For admission to the US- depending on your field of study- the GRE would be required especially for those studying at the graduate degree level.

For management studies, financial or science - GMAT is required. But the most crucial step is checking the university website.

@pateuropa. Thanks for your reply. Pls I have the following question, what is the difference btw gmat and gre in terms of standard and the question format? Is the difference like that of waec and neco? Can I use past questions on gmat to prepare for gre and vice versa? , ps dont mind my numerous questions, I just want to be certain,
Re: Kindly Advice Me! Is Toefl Better Of Ielts ? by fummyflo: 8:10am On Aug 08, 2011
I want to thank you all for your advise,
wish to read more from you guys
Re: Kindly Advice Me! Is Toefl Better Of Ielts ? by pateuropa(m): 8:12am On Aug 08, 2011
Hey dude- do not compare WAEC/NECO to GRE or GMAT. GMAT/GRE are for graduate students-by that i mean students having their first degree and aiming to further their studies with a Masters degree or doctoral degree.

So the main difference between GRE and GMAT - is that GMAT is mainly required from students in the field of management or some other fields- but GRE is mostly required by graduate schools.

GRE contains four sections:  verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking and analytical skills. Although the GRE also has eight different other subject tests. GRE is also a computer based test.

GMAT on the other hand contains just three sections: the analytical writing assessment, quantitative and verbal. As i said earlier its mostly required from students in the field of management studies.

If you are studying in the UK- these test are not mostly required- except you apply to elite universities. So an IELTS test is one of the basic requirements for a study in the UK.

Best of luck.

Re: Kindly Advice Me! Is Toefl Better Of Ielts ? by Toluth(m): 3:35pm On Aug 08, 2011
pateuropa:

Hey dude- do not compare WAEC/NECO to GRE or GMAT. GMAT/GRE are for graduate students-by that i mean students having their first degree and aiming to further their studies with a Masters degree or doctoral degree.

So the main difference between GRE and GMAT - is that GMAT is mainly required from students in the field of management or some other fields- but GRE is mostly required by graduate schools.

GRE contains four sections:  verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking and analytical skills. Although the GRE also has eight different other subject tests. GRE is also a computer based test.

GMAT on the other hand contains just three sections: the analytical writing assessment, quantitative and verbal. As i said earlier its mostly required from students in the field of management studies.

If you are studying in the UK- these test are not mostly required- except you apply to elite universities. So an IELTS test is one of the basic requirements for a study in the UK.

Best of luck.

@pateuropa, ha ha ha , I'm not trying to compare waec with gmat or gre, I'm only trying to say that the difference btw the two, is it like that of waec and neco? but I'v understood now, thanks really appreciate your effort,
Re: Kindly Advice Me! Is Toefl Better Of Ielts ? by Mrsuccess1: 9:59am On Aug 09, 2011
I think Toefl is better.

(1) (Reply)

. / Yabatech 2012/2013 Hnd Pt Form / The Presidential Scholarship Scheme And The Discrimination Against Hnd Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.