Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,994 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku (30987 Views)

2023: Wike Visits Yar’adua’s Mum In Katsina (Photo) / 2023: Wike Meets Ganduje In Kano (Photos) / 2023: Wike Bribes PDP Governors With Cars To Support Him As VP - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by odiks: 6:28pm On Aug 12, 2022
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has asked Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to be mindful of those around him if he wants to win next year’s election.

Speaking in Port Harcourt during the inauguration of the Rivers State House of Assembly Quarters by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, on Friday, Wike said those around Atiku might cost him the election.

Wike said some persons were busy going after him when the target ought to be how to win the 2023 general election for the PDP.

“This should be the focus of all true lovers of PDP who want electoral victory. You’re supposed to be talking about how you will win election. All these rent seekers around him (Atiku) are not doing him any favour. Rather they are trying to make him not to win election. But if that is what they wish, I wish them good luck.”

“You see that I am not talking. I am doing my work, so leave me to do my work. Those concocting ideas everyday, social media cannot make you win election. Election is about the people and by the people. Those in Abuja with you (Atiku), tell them to go home and campaign for you to win election. Leave Wike alone, enough is enough.”

Wike also distanced himself from the suit filed to challenge the presidential ticket of the opposition party, saying mischief makers were linking it to him.

“People have called me throughout this morning and said all kinds of things that I went to court against Alhaji Atiku Abubakar. I want to say categorically, if I have a reason of going to court, I will go to court, but I didn’t go to court.

“Yesterday too, they said I removed all PDP flags at Rivers State Government House. But I just have to say these things for Nigerians to know that I have kept quiet, and been busy delivering dividends of democracy for my party to win election in Rivers State.

“But I want to tell the candidate, it is the candidate’s group that are doing all these things. Let the world hear, they are the ones plotting all these things, thinking that they will spoil my name, they can not.

“I didn’t go to court, I have no reason to go to court. But those of you who are plotting and saying that I went to court, saying Wike went to court, I say shame on you. Shame will be on all of you.

“I have told the candidate, you will win or lose this election because of people around you. Anybody who knows me know too well that if I was going to court, I would have gone to court within two weeks after the primary because it is a pre-election matter and after two weeks, you can’t go to court.

“The legal adviser of the party called me and said he knows that there is mischief going on. But that he knows me very well, if I’m going to court, it is not those kinds of lawyers that I would have used; I don’t even know the lawyers.”

Wike said during the 2019 general elections, the people claiming to love the PDP in the South-South sabotaged the party’s chances in the region.

He said instead of them, particularly the governors, to strategise on how to win the 2023 election, they were wasting their time to plot against him.

“When I see people talking about PDP today, I say to myself what is going on in this world. In the South-South, they all betrayed us. President Muhammadu Buhari wouldn’t have won the 2019 election because he wouldn’t have had the spread.

“But all the States in the South-South made Buhari to have 25 percent. It was only Rivers State that did not give Buhari 25 percent, I am challenging anybody on it. Today, I see people talk about PDP. When we were supposed to have won election in PDP under Alhaji Atiku. Rivers State gave the highest votes, Rivers gave the highest support in terms of logistics too. Let anybody come and contradict me.

“I told Atiku the other day, I said to him, all these governors that you think they are working with you what happened in 2019? Nobody wants to say the truth. I have said it, everybody, go to your State and deliver. It is ‘Operation deliver your State’. It is not to just talk. It is not to stay in Abuja. I don’t stay in Abuja, I don’t sleep there.

“I am here (Rivers) everyday with my people. I will tell Rivers people to demand for report card. See my report card, they are the projects we are delivering. I will tell them see why you will vote for our governorship candidate. See why you will vote for all the other (PDP) candidates.”

Gbajabiamila noted that the facility would provide serve as a conducive accomodation for members of the Rivers State House of Assembly.

He described the project as a worthy achievement that would impact the performance of the legislature in the state, commending the men and women who envisioned and executed it.
https://dailytrust.com/just-in-you-may-lose-in-2023-atiku-tells-wike

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by ThrownBack: 6:28pm On Aug 12, 2022
It's not a question of "may" , Atiku will lose the 2023 presidential elections because of his greed at his old age, bribing delegates in dollars just to get in and Rob the nation blind is an evil thet every patriotic Nigerian must resist with their voters cards.

I am now supporting Peter Obi,

Tinubu is also very corrupt so I will stop campaigning for him.

226 Likes 7 Shares

Re: You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by Eriokanmi: 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2022
May is consolation. Atiku will lose....He's still banking on the past glory. Someone should tell atikulators that Peter Obi was the reason Atiku garnered so much votes in 2019. His people voted Buhari wey dem trust and respect pas atiku. In malami's words...atiku is Cameroonian grin

136 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by Aboks(m): 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2022
prophecy

3 Likes

Re: You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by GoodLife4live: 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2022
ThrownBack:
It's not a question of "may" , Atiku will lose the 2023 presidential elections because of his greed at his old age, bribing delegates in dollars just to get in and Rob the nation blindbis an evil thet every patriotic Nigerian must resist with their voters cards.

Nyamiri with bias and bigoted mind... When atiku bribed all delegates in 2019 and took obi for vp post then , he was not a crook ?Because he refused. To choose obi in 2022. . Suddenly, you nyamiris started to call Atiku all kind of derogatory names...

The suddenly support you gave him then in 2019 was because of OBI....

I repeat , southeast are voting dis political scammer because is an ibo man .... They knew he has nothing to offer...

213 Likes 15 Shares

Re: You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by ThrownBack: 6:51pm On Aug 12, 2022
GoodLife4live:

Nyamiri with bias and bigoted mind... When atiku bribed all delegates in 2019 and took obi for vp post then , he was not a crook ?Because he refused. To choose obi in 2022. . Suddenly, you nyamiris started to call Atiku all kind of derogatory names...

The suddenly support you gave him then in 2019 was because of OBI....

I repeat , southeast are voting dis political scammer because is an ibo man .... They knew he has nothing to offer...

Sorry sir, the presidency was zoned to the north then. You can go ahead and insult me, it's the main character of an APC member.

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by Begood100: 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2022
So Wike is a decider of the winner of an election?

7 Likes

Re: You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:23pm On Aug 12, 2022
2023, me and my household will be voting for a man without political structure. I pray he wins so that he will select experts whose names have never been heard as ministers. The whole structure thing boils down to some crooks demanding compensation from the government after winning election. The elected president would not be able to stand against them since he owes them compensation. The victims are the masses.

You think it's by coincidence that whistle blowing anti corruption campaign started by Buhari died down? Is also by coincidence that nobody went to jail over Ikoyi money? That some people are bigger than government? Enough! If we get sense, the man without structure should be our RALLY. QED

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by olaboy33(m): 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2022
I think thats an open secret.

The only election Alhaji Atiku would not come second is Pdp Primary election.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by IKBARUTEN11(m): 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2022
Wike talks too much.

Nevertheless, affliction shall not rise again in 2023

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by verybadmouth(m): 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2022
B
Re: You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by Atarakpa: 7:25pm On Aug 12, 2022
I see Atiku winning this election. But tinubu is my candidate. I trust his leadership style.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by Throwback: 7:25pm On Aug 12, 2022
Both Atiku and Obi will lose.

City Boy for the Presidency.

200 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by Starkz9898(m): 7:25pm On Aug 12, 2022
make dis oga rest,wetin happen sef??

2 Likes

Re: You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by Faber(m): 7:26pm On Aug 12, 2022
Wike should get out

Anyways this week na his week. Na him dey trend, next week another man turn.

Ahead, ahead we go dey move till 2023

Ugwuanyi, senate
Ayade, senate
Umahi, senate
Ikpeazu, senate
Okowa, VP
Udom, Senate
Diri...Tenure still running
Obaseki... Tenure still running
Hope...Tenure still running
Soludo...Tenure still fresh woto woto
Wike, no level when tenure is over grin grin

Why Wike come carry last among SS&SE governors come dey surprise me o. But he claim say na him sabi politics pass all man grin

1 Like

Re: You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by Throwback: 7:28pm On Aug 12, 2022
Atiku and Obi are very desperate politicians.

No integrity at all. Anywhere belle face.

181 Likes

Re: You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by HeavenVGate: 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2022
odiks:

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-you-may-lose-in-2023-atiku-tells-wike
HE WILL LOSE. He will come second though, kwankkwaso, third. And Peter OBi, fourth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by iiifedimma(f): 7:30pm On Aug 12, 2022
Please let's support his excellency Mr Peter obi for the president of federal Republic of Nigeria, we are tired of those thief's now,

Without a tribalism and nepotism any sane Nigerian know it's only someone like Peter obi that can now rescue Nigeria from total collapsing, but seriously some ethnic bigot people will just still prefer to hav their own man at the affairs of the country either he is capable or not than to go for what could have been the best solution to all nigerian's current problems, #ObiDatti2023 is certain

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by Azeever: 7:30pm On Aug 12, 2022
Why is it that when you say you want a better Nigeria without mentioning the name of any candidate, everybody will think you are talking about Peter Obi?

10 Likes

Re: You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by SimplePlan34: 7:31pm On Aug 12, 2022
It means wike has never experienced betrayal and loss before

1 Like

Re: You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by onunwa21(m): 7:31pm On Aug 12, 2022
Wike again!!!?
Re: You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by MrDickless(m): 7:32pm On Aug 12, 2022
Ok
Re: You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku by Prettylima(f): 7:33pm On Aug 12, 2022
Mr Peter obi for the president of federal Republic of Nigeria, we are tired of those thief's click like to support me. I print and customised all kinds of packaging cartons

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Deborah Samuel's Killers Are Being Held In A Correctional Center - Police / Ten Key Points From President Tinubu's Democracy Day Speech (Video) / I was impeached because I wanted to be Governor' - Former Edo Deputy-Gov, Shaibu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.