Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,965 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free (8210 Views)

Zero Data TV In Nigeria On Your Phone, Laptop Or TV / Fix Device Is Not Certified On Play Store & Watch DSTV On Your Phone For Free / Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free by Smartdepotng: 8:13pm On Aug 12, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywyn0qVg49o

Let me start with the spoilers - You know you have to buy DSTV decoder, pay for a subscription package, have a TV to connect it to and possibly have generator in case NEPA take light abi? All these cost money naw?

Of course! It cost money to watch DSTV in the first place so, your title is deceiving abi?

Yeah!

I

Want

To

Get

All

Negative

Vibers

Out

Of

The

Way!

Oh!

You

Are

Still

Reading?

Still

Scrolling

Down?

Okay.
Now! Let's get started because I'll unveil some of my secrets here. I have DSTV, I use unlimited WiFi (Air Fibre) as a YouTuber, it helps my work but the things I am about to share now ( some of which I didn't say in the video) can help someone out there...
Disclaimer: This is for Tech Educational purposes only! Do not activate DSTV NOW for others with the intent so steal their login details. Humble yourself and ask the owners to share with you or ask for their consent to use the streaming service. DSTV allows up to 4 devices to be used in the same account so, they are not losing anything by adding you.
Before we continue, you need to watch the 3+ minutes above so you can learn how to set up DSTV Now streaming on the app or PC. It's very simple.

Setting up DSTV on phone requires three basic things:
#1 A smartcard number (DSTV Account)
#2 Phone number and/or Email linked to the DSTV ACCOUNT
#3 Any working email or Phone number.

The above requirements means that you have DSTV abi? But relax, you are about to learn a very useful skill this new football season...

If you have DSTV, you can do the set up as I showed in the video but, HOW ABOUT THOSE THAT DON'T HAVE DSTV but want to do this?

Well, you are going to become a DSTV now activator!
Start helping people who have DSTV decoder to set up their DSTV NOW in their phone or laptop and when you are done, as them if they can allow you watch from your phone. Ask Nicely and make sure you do that with their consent to avoid problems in the future
Simple! If you help them activate it, you are the one that will create the username (Phone or Email) and the Password (always keep it simple) so they can easily remember it.
[s] Once it is activated, you can use the username and password to sign in with your own phone and watch all the channels that the Dstv account (Smart card) is subscribed to. [/s] Disclaimer: Make sure you get the consent of the owner before adding it to your phone simply the owner can remove you and change the password and if you do it without consent it could bring potential problems.
You can add up to 4 smartphone devices to one DSTV NOW account and can stream on two devices simultaneously (Which they stopped or reduced to one device at a time March 2022) but in most cases, people who have DSTV decoders love to watch on TV.

So, the more people you activated for and get their consent to use the streaming, the more chances of having an account to always watch. I'll advice you look out for friends, uncles and Aunties that subscribe better packages and subscribe regularly because, and ask nicely if you can activate for them or share with them if they already have it set up because premier league is around the corner.

WHY USE DSTV STREAMING (DSTV NOW)?

First, DSTV Now uses internet connection and doesn't stop showing during heavy rain.

Secondly, you can download movies, programs or TV shows and watch them later.
Then there is catch up too. Where I watch all the football highlights and WWE RAW, Smackdown, UFC and lot more.

I had the privilege of setting up DSTV Now for a lot of people with my phone and also help out with technical stuff like fixing some error codes. I do save the password as I activate them and I soon realized that there are quite some number of accounts I can login to and watch.

So, that how I watch dstv nowadays. Most of the people I activated for know that I do have the DSTV now activated in my phone but they really don't care since they are used to watching with their decoder connected to TV.

The good news is, most modern Smart TVs come with DSTV NOW app. All you need is to sign in with the username and password or in some cases, get the code to login to Tav from the DSTV NOW app settings from your phone.

Finally, You can choose the stream quality from:
216p ~ 100Mb/hour
360p ~ 210Mb/hour
576p ~ 720Mb/hour
720p ~ 1.3Gb/hour
1080p ~ 2.3Gb/hour

This is the best part for those on limited data. You can choose 360p on your phone and watch a full Premier League match with less than 500Mb. The good part is that most GSM Networks have some crazy good weekend data plans. This is another way to Utilize say something like Glo 3Gb for ₦500 weekend plan (Sat/Sun).

Okay, if you read to this point, you deserve an award.
Drop a comment in the comments section let me know that you were here...

Re: How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free by Secondly: 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2022
Instead of encouraging people to work hard and get their own DSTV, you are busy teaching them how to leech forever.

What if you want to watch something and the person who you are leeching on didn't subscribe to DSTV?

If I am trying to set up my own DSTV now app on my phone and I discover that someone is already there leeching off me without my approval, you don't think I'm gonna yank the person off with immediate effect?
Re: How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free by Smartdepotng: 8:48pm On Aug 12, 2022
Secondly:
Instead of encouraging people to work hard and get their own DSTV, you are busy teaching them how to leech forever.

What if you want to watch something and the person who you are leeching on didn't subscribe to DSTV?

If I am trying to set up my own DSTV now app on my phone and I discover that someone is already there leeching off me without my approval, you don't think I'm gonna yank the person off with immediate effect?
Get your own DSTV, then Get ShowMax, then get Netflix, then get Amazon Prime and then Get Hulu? The list never ends. I am not encouraging leeching, I am encouraging Maximal utility! If you live in Nigeria, ask about 10 persons who have DSTV Decoder if they have activated DSTV now in their phones? Majority haven't and that is either ignorance or under-utilitizing of what they have...
It can be useful to others say students who don't have money. And yes, I am encouraging those who don't have enough money to ask their friends to give them access to DSTV NOW or help them set it up.
If someone helped you set up DSTV, You won't need to set it up again. And yes, you can remove them or change the password if you are the owner but if you already have enough money to watch it on Your large TV and big generator, why would you be that mean not to let others who may not be able to afford it watch if they can buy data for it?
I am not a motivational speaker who encourages people to make money, I create Tech awareness and educate people on the use of Technology and that's what I've done here.

6 Likes

Re: How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free by Secondly: 5:06am On Aug 13, 2022
Smartdepotng:

Get your own DSTV, then Get ShowMax, then get Netflix, then get Amazon Prime and then Get Hulu? The list never ends. I am not encouraging leeching, I am encouraging Maximal utility! If you live in Nigeria, ask about 10 persons who have DSTV Decoder if they have activated DSTV now in their phones? Majority haven't and that is either ignorance or under-utilitizing of what they have...
It can be useful to others say students who don't have money. And yes, I am encouraging those who don't have enough money to ask their friends to give them access to DSTV NOW or help them set it up.
If someone helped you set up DSTV, You won't need to set it up again. And yes, you can remove them or change the password if you are the owner but if you already have enough money to watch it on Your large TV and big generator, why would you be that mean not to let others who may not be able to afford it watch if they can buy data for it?
I am not a motivational speaker who encourages people to make money, I create Tech awareness and educate people on the use of Technology and that's what I've done here.

OK.
Re: How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free by Richy4(m): 5:30am On Aug 13, 2022
A Nigerian will always be a Nigerian... With a crazy I don't care / it doesn't matter attitude..

People may have trusted u, and paid you for the services that you rendered...And in return you were helping yourself because u know the passwords.. can you swear that they all knows that you were using their account?

That is a criminal offence man.. u can be jailed for that... Just imagine bankers helping themselves with the money they helped clients to open in their organisation... Because they got all the banking details...

Desist from it.. Because Your skills might take U abroad someday and u forgot where u are.. by the time u know it, u are already serving 5yrs...
Re: How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free by Smartdepotng: 7:55am On Aug 13, 2022
Richy4:
A Nigerian will always be a Nigerian... With a crazy I don't care / it doesn't matter attitude..

People may have trusted u, and paid you for the services that you rendered...And in return you were helping yourself because u know the passwords.. can you swear that they all knows that you were using their account?

That is a criminal offence man.. u can be jailed for that... Just imagine bankers helping themselves with the money they helped clients to open in their organisation... Because they got all the banking details...

Desist from it.. Because Your skills might take U abroad someday and u forgot where u are.. by the time u know it, u are already serving 5yrs...
You seem to skip the the part I said You should Ask Friends and Family who has DSTV to let you help them activate DSTV Now - that is Consent and there is no criminality in that. But you are here profiling me because I am Nigerian ��
Did you even watch the video?
To set up DSTV Now, it requires OTP sent to the registered email or phone number before you can set it up so, you cannot have DSTV NOW without the owners consent in the first place. I do a lot of Tech Tips and Tricks. The tip here is simple:

#1 Ask nicely (as I said in the video) or help set up the DSTV NOW streaming as request if you can use or try it from your device. If you don't give your consent as the owner, nobody will use your DSTV - the process is secure and as the owner you can remove every device or even change the password as it is only the authorised person can.

#2 If you have relatives, friends or family who use DSTV, ask them if they can help you with the streaming service - the service is lying waste and most people who are used to watching in the big screen won't bother to watch on phones.

Finally, please tell me what's criminal about asking nicely?

1 Like

Re: How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free by Machalla(m): 8:36am On Aug 13, 2022
The money for data is enough to buy a Dstv decoder and subscription.
Lol
Re: How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free by Smartdepotng: 8:44am On Aug 13, 2022
Richy4:

I just added some disclaimers in the post because of people like you who will skip all the good things and focus on conjectures.
Let me answer some of your assumptions...

First, I am a proud Nigerian ��
I work hard every single day to do the right thing.
I teach people how to get the best out of Tech.

I have activated mine DSTV Now over 2 years ago did a video and did a giveaway of my own account just to help or put a smile on someone face out there. (You can check my YouTube channel for that)

I have activated for up to 10 persons and they all know that I have access to the account because I do so with their consent. Oh, the part you are very ignorant about is that DSTV NOW streaming comes with a lot of issues and errors too. Unfortunately, DSTV doesn't have support for the Streaming service like they do for decoders.
I help fix errors like PER, SNA, GEHF, and more errors. About a year ago, I made a video about it and till date, it is still the only video on YouTube that addresses Fix DSTV Now Streaming error codes. DSTV should be paying me for becoming their online technical support
but I do so because I love to teach and help.
I couldn't have been able to help that much if the people I helped activate their account didn't report some errors to me and asked if I could help fix them.

WHY I am saying all these? So you, Richy4, who opened your Nairaland account with a fake name do not go about accusing people who you don't know based on assumptions and asking them to swear.
And secondly, not all Nigerians are bad.
If you would like to know more about @smartdepotng, we use the same name everywhere - YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

1 Like

Re: How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free by Richy4(m): 9:27am On Aug 13, 2022
Smartdepotng:

I just added some disclaimers in the post because of people like you who will skip all the good things and focus on conjectures.

I have activated mine DSTV Now over 2 years ago did a video and did a giveaway of my own account just to help or put a smile on someone face out there. (You can check my YouTube channel for that)

I have activated for up to 10 persons and they all know that I have access to the account because I do so with their consent. Oh, the part you are very ignorant about is that DSTV NOW streaming comes with a lot of issues and errors too. Unfortunately, DSTV doesn't have support for the Streaming service like they do for decoders.
I help fix errors like PER, SNA, GEHF, and more errors. About a year ago, I made a video about it and till date, it is still the only video on YouTube that addresses Fix DSTV Now Streaming error codes. DSTV should be paying me for becoming their online technical support
I couldn't have been able to help that much if the people I helped activate their account didn't report some errors to me and asked if I could help fix them.

WHY I am saying all these? So you, , who opened your Nairaland account with a fake name do not go about accusing people who you don't know based on assumptions and asking them to swear.
If you would like to know more about @smartdepotng, we use the same name everywhere - YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
So because I questioned you, that was the reason why u put a disclaimer to your original post without saying modified right?
I called you out because others might decide to do that without asking...
By the way I don't understand what you mean by fake name and account.. but if u must know, or trying to question my integrity, friends call me Richy..and that was what I used when I registered in 2011, in 2013, Nairaland crashed for a week or so and when it was restored, the system generated 4 that I know nothing about.. that was how the 4 was attached..

I am glad however that u have put disclaimer.. anyways..
Re: How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free by Smartdepotng: 11:55am On Aug 13, 2022
Richy4:

So because I questioned you, that was the reason why u put a disclaimer to your original post without saying modified right?
I called you out because others might decide to do that without asking...
By the way I don't understand what you mean by fake name and account.. but if u must know, or trying to question my integrity, friends call me Richy..and that was what I used when I registered in 2011, in 2013, Nairaland crashed for a week or so and when it was restored, the system generated 4 that I know nothing about.. that was how the 4 was attached..

I am glad however that u have put disclaimer.. anyways..
I added disclaimer so that people who don't know me or what smartdepotng stands for won't misinterpret me. Technology is amoral so, Smartdepotng won't be held responsible for how people who learn some tech tricks choose to use it. Nevertheless, we are committed to teaching and helping people get the best out of Tech.
If you want to be authentic, use your full name across all digital media...
That's how we roll
Re: How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free by YourFavorite21(m): 1:12pm On Aug 13, 2022
Pls I want to connect it in my phone, so I can be watching it . Can you help me with details on how to do it, I've downloaded the app
Re: How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free by Smartdepotng: 3:13pm On Aug 13, 2022
YourFavorite21:
Pls I want to connect it in my phone, so I can be watching it . Can you help me with details on how to do it, I've downloaded the app
Watch the video, it's just 3+ minutes. I have a longer one of about 9 minutes on YouTube channel but that one was done over 2 years ago and somehings have changed.
Re: How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free by YourFavorite21(m): 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2022
Smartdepotng:

Watch the video, it's just 3+ minutes. I have a longer one of about 9 minutes on YouTube channel but that one was done over 2 years ago and somehings have changed.
okay
Re: How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free by ayoawhy007: 3:17pm On Aug 16, 2022
DSTV APP That works for ANDROID/IPHONE Available For 1K Only..
You get to STREAM any channels of your Choice 24/7 including Live FOOTBALL MATCHES & Your fav ongoing (BBN) too�.

DM to get yours asap @+2348075043113�

it works perfectly without lagging or cracking �
Re: How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free by Abbeytoy(m): 8:11pm On Aug 16, 2022
ayoawhy007:
DSTV APP That works for ANDROID/IPHONE Available For 1K Only..
You get to STREAM any channels of your Choice 24/7 including Live FOOTBALL MATCHES & Your fav ongoing (BBN) too�.

DM to get yours asap @+2348075043113�

it works perfectly without lagging or cracking �

Can I get testing?
Re: How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free by Smartdepotng: 3:14pm On Aug 25, 2022
Abbeytoy:

Can I get testing?
Guy! Easy na grin cheesy
Re: How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free by Abbeytoy(m): 4:56pm On Aug 25, 2022
Smartdepotng:

Guy! Easy na grin cheesy

I actually have and I give it out for free
Re: How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free by Favvybillionz(m): 10:16am On Aug 26, 2022
Abbeytoy:

I actually have and I give it out for free
Pls help a niqqa with login na
Thanks in anticipation
Re: How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free by WHITELIGHTER: 10:56am On Aug 26, 2022
Only one person can stream at a time

Re: How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free by Absadiq10(m): 2:46pm On Feb 19
can you help me with Gotv/Dstv smart card details to enable me to stream EPL and UCL content on the Gotv/Dstv stream app? I don't mind paying a token every month?.

Smartdepotng:

WHY I am saying all these? So you, Richy4, who opened your Nairaland account with a fake name do not go about accusing people who you don't know based on assumptions and asking them to swear.
Re: How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free by Absadiq10(m): 2:48pm On Feb 19
If you don't mind I contact you. My WhatsApp number is 08022700343
Re: How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free by Absadiq10(m): 3:35pm On Feb 19
Good day sir, could you please help me with the DStv stream login? I can pay a token to complement your monthly subscription. This is my WhatsApp number 08022700343

Favvybillionz:

Pls help a niqqa with login na
Thanks in anticipation

(1) (Reply)

The Truth Behind The New Airtel Operamini Plan / Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? / Infinix Hot Note Pro VS Infinix Zero2 (hit Or Miss) Your Take...?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.