Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

How Do I Open Bank Account With Naija Bank? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Open Bank Account With Naija Bank? (1021 Views)

My Experience With Naija Rats (photo) / Should I Open A Joint Account? / Can You Have A Joint Account With Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Open Bank Account With Naija Bank? by chy4luv: 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2011
I am in Uk but want to have online account with naija bank.
Any ideas how to do it, and reputable banks? Thanks
Re: How Do I Open Bank Account With Naija Bank? by EuroMeko(m): 7:51pm On Aug 04, 2011
I just opened an account in Nigeria. According to two banks, Skye and Zenith, there was no way I could have done it without physically being there.

Additionally, you will need to have a local address and get this, they have to pay a visit to verify the address. Nigeria we hail thee.
Re: How Do I Open Bank Account With Naija Bank? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 04, 2011
EuroMeko:

I just opened an account in Nigeria. According to two banks, Skye and Zenith, there was no way I could have done it without physically being there.

Additionally, you will need to have a local address and get this, they have to pay a visit to verify the address. Nigeria we hail thee.

Wow. They actually visit your home?
Re: How Do I Open Bank Account With Naija Bank? by tpia5: 8:03pm On Aug 04, 2011
with the high level of criminal activities in nigeria, cant say i blame them.
Re: How Do I Open Bank Account With Naija Bank? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 04, 2011
^^^ That's true, Tpia. But it must be some serious man hours involved. A different system is needed. As in a database that can be checked electronically.
Re: How Do I Open Bank Account With Naija Bank? by EuroMeko(m): 8:20pm On Aug 04, 2011
For those looking for business opportunities, this seems like a very good opportunity for a company similar to Experian, Equifax to take hold in Nigeria.

It may be problematic though but with technology like Google map it can be solved.
Re: How Do I Open Bank Account With Naija Bank? by naijajha: 8:45pm On Aug 04, 2011
@poster,u can open a dominciary account which you u can easily access and monitor while abroad.You can also paid into the account with dollar but you have to come to Nig for opening of the account or ask some one u trust and believe in to open the on your behalf.
Re: How Do I Open Bank Account With Naija Bank? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 04, 2011
EuroMeko:

Lie . . .
Re: How Do I Open Bank Account With Naija Bank? by Nobody: 1:06am On Aug 05, 2011
I opened one few years ago with Oceanic bank but this time (2 months ago) I opened with Zenith bank opening fee was $200, copy of my Nigerian/American passport since I don't have any valid Nigeria I'd. I use my family address in Nigeria and my address here in the US. No one came to spy on me cuz I'm opening a dom account.
Re: How Do I Open Bank Account With Naija Bank? by EuroMeko(m): 1:30am On Aug 05, 2011
REALITY101:

I opened one few years ago with Oceanic bank but this time (2 months ago) I opened with Zenith bank opening fee was $200, copy of my Nigerian/American passport since I don't have any valid Nigeria I'd. I use my family address in Nigeria and my address here in the US. No one came to spy on me cuz I'm opening a dom account.

Perhaps the reason for the home visit was because I was opening a global account. Not sure. Anyways, I just repeated what the Bank Manager said adn what I saw on the application form.
Re: How Do I Open Bank Account With Naija Bank? by chy4luv: 11:14am On Aug 05, 2011
@Reality

How did you do it? Is it in their website?
Please can you access it online, ie internet bank? thanks

(1) (Reply)

Greed And The Woman / What Is Your View About Short People. / Strange Affair: Meet The Husband, Wife And Lover Living Under The SAME Roof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.