Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,641 members, 7,823,820 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

When Will These Fulani Provocations End? | Nigeria Tribune - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will These Fulani Provocations End? | Nigeria Tribune (256 Views)

Buhari’s Last-minute Provocations Of Tinubu By Farooq A. Kperogi / I Was Traveling And Saw These Fulani Women / 2023 Presidency Behind Provocations In The Villa — Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will These Fulani Provocations End? | Nigeria Tribune by Newton2024: 9:31am On Aug 13, 2022
When Will These Fulani Provocations End? | Nigeria Tribune

Let’s start this piece on December 9, 2008 when I covered the burial of Oluwaleke Olalekan Akande, one of the corps members cut down during a religious crisis in Jos, Plateau State. I watched in tears as Leke’s elder sister, Mojoyin, broke down, crying “It’s not fair!” as her brother was lowered into the grave at the St. Mark Anglican Cemetery, Olomi, Ibadan. Previously, the killer, a self-confessed Hausa-Fulani militant who had ‘Leke’s phone as a trophy, had kept boasting about the slaughter. He did not pick up the phone when I called him just before the burial, intending to pronounce curses upon him. If you were appalled by how equally boastful the killers of Deborah Samuel, a student of the Shehu Shagari College of Education were on May 12 this year were, just remember that such boasting did not start today.

Here is a suspected Fulani murderer speaking to a relation of Mr. Gbenga Owolabi, a United States-based businessman who had only just returned home: “Your brother (Owolabi) talk say he go give me N50 million, you talk say N2 million. If you want talk about N2 million, no call this number tomorrow. Wetin your sorry want do? Nah Fisebillilahi I dey do? I’m satisfied with his death because he is not the only human being. If I kill him today, I will go and kidnap another person. After all, he is not my dad. N20 million can’t free him from me.”

Owolabi, together with one of his workers, a final-year student of LAUTECH thrown into the job market following the prolonged strike embarked upon by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), was murdered in cold blood even after the killers had collected N5 million ransom. The duo had been reportedly abducted on July 29, and in the audio tape of Owolabi’s family’s interaction with the killers, the man could be heard crying that he had been tied up in such a way that blood flow was impeded in his body. Unless there is no God Almighty in heaven, these killers will not escape hot death.

Now, there’s an intellectual angle to the provocations. Here’s the Bauchi State governor, Bala Mohammed, making a case for his stateless compatriots in September 2019: “The Fulani man is a global or African person. He moves from The Gambia to Senegal and his nationality is Fulani…So, we cannot just close our borders and say the Fulani man is not a Nigerian. In most cases, the crisis is precipitated by those outside Nigeria. When there is a reprisal, it is not the Fulani man within Nigeria that causes it. It is that culture of getting revenge which is embedded in the traditional Fulani man that attracts reprisal.”

There you have it: the Fulani man is a god that others must worship. When he exacts vengeance, it is because of innate power. Mohammed, sounding nasty and vainglorious, believes that his tribesmen have a monopoly over violence. He labored to justify his declaration that Fulani herdsmen from Chad, Niger and other neighbouring countries would benefit from the National Livestock Transformation Plan championed by the Federal Government. Speaking on Channels TV, Mr. Governor bellowed that it would be inappropriate to deprive the ‘transnational Fulani’ of the benefits of the livestock plan simply because they were not Nigerians. In other words, the Fulani as international citizens are entitled to all lands without passports. No modern state has been organized on such a ridiculous basis.

But Mohammed was not done. In probably the most incendiary declaration ever made by a governor in Nigerian history, he said in February 2021: “Because the Fulani man is practising the tradition of pastoralism, he has been exposed to cattle rustlers who carry a gun, kill him and take away his cows: he has no option but to carry AK 47 because the government and the society are not protecting him.” The Special Guest of Honour was speaking at the launch of the Bauchi Correspondents’ Chapel of the NUJ magazine, Correspondents Watch. Pray, if the Fulani herders who have given Nigeria a top spot on the Global Terrorism Index are entitled to weapons to protect their cattle, why are members of other ethnic groups not? Some people just cannot learn from Rwanda or anywhere. After all, they have their trusted megaphone with which they daily haul insults at others.

Just in case the controllers of federal power have not grasped the point, the Fulani identity is daily being battered through the atrocities of the men let loose on other Nigerians by drummers hiding behind the power flora and fauna. Almost on a daily basis, Yoruba, Igbo, Idoma, etc, girls and women are abducted, taken to forests bleeding and barefoot, and raped either to a point of senselessness or to eternal silence. The men are chanced upon on their roads and abducted and slaughtered even after the payment of hefty ransoms. The security agents who wax lyrical while hunting down the government’s critics fly no drones above the skies to locate, arrest and prosecute the killers. Egged on by the realization that a fellow tribesman currently has control of Nigeria’s guns and bullets, the killers forget that tomorrow is precisely why today is of little significance.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/when-will-these-fulani-provocations-end/

Re: When Will These Fulani Provocations End? | Nigeria Tribune by LoneWolf212: 9:32am On Aug 13, 2022
When we decide to end this experiment by the British called Nigeria and allow every part of Nigeria make their choice. Biafra, Oduduwa, Niger Delta, Middle Belt and core North.

The difference is way too much.

2 Likes

Re: When Will These Fulani Provocations End? | Nigeria Tribune by Oilwell(m): 9:33am On Aug 13, 2022
Bullet Points from Peter Obi's Speeches

1. I can’t sleep because I know what to do! I have gone round the 36 States of the country like I have gone round 31 countries of the world, I know the problems of Nigeria and I know I can fix them easily! Because I can see them, I can fix them!
*- Peter Obi*

2. Hunger takes people to the streets! Job and food will obviously take them out of crimes! That’s my specialty, creating jobs and wealth!
*- Peter Obi*

3. I have not come out for myself! I have come out for the millions of youths that are losing hope in our beloved country!
I have come out for the millions of women who are afraid of tomorrow and what it holds for them and their children! I have come out for the poor who are asking weather it’s a sin to be a Nigerian! For them, I have come!
*- Peter Obi*

4. For people who are asking if Peter Obi has ‘structure’, what structure is bigger and stronger than the collective will of the masses on whose necks the knees of the politicians have been? What structure is greater than the determination of a people who have at last decided to take back their country, their only country?
*- Peter Obi*

5. The battle for the rescue of the soul of Nigeria has just begun and we must all be contributive and participative in it.
*- Peter Obi*

6. Yes, we may not have the money to share because we didn’t steal any.We have not come to enslave but to serve.
*- Peter Obi*

7. Have you imagined somebody giving you money to help you? Bribing you to go and serve you? It’s wisdom to go for a permanent solution than a temporary remedy!
*- Peter Obi*

8. This battle is to help Nigerian youths, Market women, struggling families, students, teachers, famers, old and poor,whose helpless looking faces I see everywhere I go. It’s for these people that l, Peter Obi, have come! However, like a drowning man, they must bring out their hands to be saved!
*- Peter Obi*

9. In this battle, if you can’t fly, run! If you can’t run, walk! If you can’t walk, crawl! If you can’t crawl, roll! If you can’t roll, shout! By all means we must be on the move and we must be heard!
*- Peter Obi*

10. These people are more than 50 million of the Nigerian voting adults. They have the power. Their destiny is in their hands so they can change it. If they will it, they will win it!
*- Peter Obi*

11. Remember, the man with energy will always be at the mercy of the man with strategy based on synergy. With God on our side, we shall not fail and we shall not fall!
May God help us!
God bless Nigeria!
*- Peter Obi*

12. I will rather lose doing the right thing than win doing the wrong thing.
*- Peter Obi*

13. Nigeria must move beyond oil, we must move from Consumption to Production nation.
*-Peter Obi*

*Vote Obi for better Nigeria*

1 Like

Re: When Will These Fulani Provocations End? | Nigeria Tribune by Newton2024: 9:37am On Aug 13, 2022
Why is everybody seeing Fulani terrorism as normal? Are nigerians Sallah rams to them?
Re: When Will These Fulani Provocations End? | Nigeria Tribune by CandyOps(m): 10:27am On Aug 13, 2022
Most of those guys are just paid fighters. And they take orders to cause mayhem to opposing politician's wards or states.

Cut off their masters at the top and see this thing get solved. It's not rocket science.

1 Like

Re: When Will These Fulani Provocations End? | Nigeria Tribune by sweetonugbu: 11:16am On Aug 13, 2022
Terrible

1 Like

Re: When Will These Fulani Provocations End? | Nigeria Tribune by Newton2024: 4:53pm On Aug 14, 2022
CandyOps:
Most of those guys are just paid fighters. And they take orders to cause mayhem to opposing politician's wards or states.

Cut off their masters at the top and see this thing get solved. It's not rocket science.
Exactly what happened in Owo. Because Akeredolu insists on Southern presidency, they have to go to his hometown and kill his people enmasse just to punish him.
Re: When Will These Fulani Provocations End? | Nigeria Tribune by Mrkindness: 5:56pm On Aug 14, 2022
Yoruba Muslims says igbos are their problem in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Verified....1000% / Shekarau Set To Dump NNPP For PDP As Atiku Dangles ‘Mouth-Watering Offers’ / NINAS COMMENTS ON PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE VIDEO CLIP ON DANGER OF NIGERIA COLLAPSE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.