Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz (21526 Views)

An Unbiased Review Of The 15th Headies Award By TrendyBeatz / MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz / A Review Of Omah Lay's New Album "Boy Alone Album" - TrendyBeatz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by geewean(m): 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2022
Sound analysis bro.For this I will Uber two babe for you to chill you wella.lol fantastic analysis

ajekpaks:
His first mistake happened in the feature with Justin Bieber...

In that song he deviated from his usual flow and tried to integrate into Bieber's sound which obviously failed...

Lemme explain, when collaborating with the folks over there, Nigerians tend to be like and sound like them. It didn't start with Omah Lay, check out most of the international collaborations between Nigerian artists and their western counterparts... None have been exceptional...

P-square have been the only ones who successfully made hit songs with foreign counterparts. e.g Onyinye ft. Rick Ross and Chop my money, ft. Akon...

And that's because they got these guys to adapt to their style

Go check out the views of Diamond Platinums ft. Neyo, on YouTube and you'll notice that it was also a highly successful Collab. Diamond had Neyo flowing in his Tanzanian sound

Look at Peru by FireBoy ft. Ed Shereen and you'll notice another hit song because Ed was working with a proper afrobeat Nigerian sound...

Davido, WizKid and some of the other dudes have been ft. The likes of Chris Brown, Niki Minaj, Drake and the likes but I can't honestly remember any of those songs that trended much after the songs were released...

Essence by WizKid and Tems was already a hit when Bieber joined in so his presence in the remix made little impact...

Now back to Omah Lay, imagine Bieber chanting lo lo lo lo with him, it's definitely gonna be a hit

but blowing grammar up and down won't ruffle any feathers...

There's this song by Beyonce ft. Kanye West and Jay Z titled Lift Off... that's one hell of a song and sounded very Nigerian, because it was produced by Don Jazzy.

How can you ft. Someone like Cardi B in your song and you're talking about bootty? that's already what is expected from her... but you as a Nigerian artist will loose your sound in such a song

1 Like

Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by Qwi1: 6:29pm On Aug 13, 2022
grin
Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by Sonicroyel: 6:33pm On Aug 13, 2022
EntPublisher001:
Omah Lay is finding it hard to score a hit song lately, or perhaps let's say one proper sound that will go mainstream as he did with his "Get Layd" and "What Have We Done (WHWD)" project. In this article, TrendyBeatz looked into Omah Lay's Career Trajectory, why he's finding it hard to score a hit song and what he could do.

One out of hundred problems artists face in the Nigerian music industry is staying relevant. This is also applicable to the music industry outside Nigeria. While this is a common issue in the music industry, it's also a bane faced by every creative outside the music scene. A small ray of waves beams brightly on you for a while and all of a sudden the problem of "what next to do" pops up. This particular problem has affected a lot of artists careers in the music industry and it looks like Omah Lay is currently experiencing the same thing. In 2020, Omah Lay's entry into the music industry was a shock. Like a thief in the night, he penetrated with hit songs like "Bad Influence" then he fed us with "godly" and "Lo Lo", Damn and "Confession". After this shocking dominance and the consistent uncanny ability to drop songs that make instant hits, everybody became a fan of the sonorous singer. In short, his debut EP "Get Layd" and sophomore EP "What Have We Done" were filled with hit songs. But these days, something is happening.

What Exactly Is Affecting Omah Lay's Sounds Lately?

No one can deny the fact that Omah, born Stanley Omah Didia, who was once a rapper, is inarguably a talented artist, and one of Nigerian best new generation artists. While we would never pray to go experience the gory moments of the 2020 pandemic, it looks like Omah Lay needs another lockdown to recreate the magic he concocted with the tunes he dropped that period.

The recent play out in Omah Lay's delivery makes it sound like the cosmos have decided the end is here, and just like everything else in life, music and pop culture operate on a cycle. It starts, it grows, it expands, it hits a peak, it declines, and it dies. That’s the cycle of life. Unlike what most people think, music isn’t just vibes and endless nights of ‘turn up’. Music is a product, which obeys all the laws of life. But are we saying Omah Lay's sound is declining? Well, maybe or maybe not. Recall that his first attempt at going International failed when he featured Justin Bieber. The song "Attention" received a whole lot of backlash from his fans. It's obvious in the song that something isn't good enough or not even good at all compared to his usual delivery and flow. On Twitter, some Netizens tagged the song "a waste of collaboration."

The Obvious Reasons And What To Do:

Nigerians get tired when you constantly give them the same sound and flogging the usual pattern. It's a huge task for upcoming artists, especially as after a sprinkle of stardom, they go deep in all their might and power on the same particular style that blew them up.

While it's also good to create according to the needs of the audience, artists have to be cautious too. In the short run, they vibe to it since it's what they want, in the long run, they grow tired as the law of diminishing marginal utility sets in. No one likes a thing for long. For Omah Lay, he's been on a run of flogging the same theme, the same style, and pattern. His songs have been on the same melody wavelength. Maybe Omah Lay's dwelling on his depression might eventually become his undoing.

However, Omah Lay can still switch the game up and catch the nip at the bud before it's too late by returning to the drawing board. This time, he can be in charge of the whole creative process deciding on what people should listen to. Sit down, relax and strategize on the next hit song because with the look of things, Omah Lay is one more project away from losing his essence in the industry.

Do you also think something, somewhere is wrong with Omah Lay's music lately? What's your suggestion or do you think Omah Lay should change the narrative or y'all are in love with his regular style of music? Let's hear your thoughts.

Source: TrendyBeatz

With all due respect your opinion is far from the truth you can't be here say all these fgs have u seen his numbers on Spotify

My candid summation goes thus just like the soundman ep wiz made that everyone seemed to love I didn't like it one bit but then that sound like wiz said wasn't exactly Dr the Nigerian market ..

Another theory of mine is that because of burnas album strength (which also in my opinion wasn't the best from BB) I think that sort of took away a little from him.. omah's album is a Solid 7-8 ....

Better than A better time in my opinion

3 Likes

Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by ajekpaks(m): 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2022
geewean:

Sound analysis bro.For this I will Uber two babe for you to chill you wella.lol fantastic analysis

My guy! one is enough I'm not greedy
Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by BrickDevo: 7:28pm On Aug 13, 2022
encryptjay:
OP, are you serious?
The sound you're talking about is not one sound, that's Omah Lay!
If you can't vibe with it, follow other artists.
Boy Alone is a great album.
I'm a mess
Safe haven
How to Luv
Attention
Tell Everybody
Even the naughtiness you're looking for, "Bend you" gave it to you.
I love real artists abeg.
No b everytime person go dey do club bangers.
bend you, soso and never forget was a hit to me, man is unique

2 Likes

Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by SPAMBOX7: 7:52pm On Aug 13, 2022
dynicks:
Thought I was the Only one who noticed it....!!
Walai till today I never listen to that song pass 5 seconds
Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by hexenbiest: 8:38pm On Aug 13, 2022
Hm, listened to a few of his tracks and the rhythms to his afrobeat tracks sounded great on my oraimo riff

Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by Munzy14(m): 9:43pm On Aug 13, 2022
Rahkman:
Oga shut up ur mouth . both" woman "and " I m a mess" na confirm hit, what are u yapping about
As in eeh..."Woman" is hot bang!

I can play it on repeat while driving a distance..

1 Like

Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by encryptjay(m): 9:51pm On Aug 13, 2022
BrickDevo:
bend you, soso and never forget was a hit to me, man is unique
Great songs bro. Don't know what some people want again..
Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by Henryfocoyo(m): 9:58pm On Aug 13, 2022
Rahkman:
Oga shut up ur mouth . both" woman "and " I m a mess" na confirm hit, what are u yapping about
bruh the full album is on repeat, I can't get enough of it. The album is over 100m stream on Spotify, even more than fireboy album

2 Likes

Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by Henryfocoyo(m): 10:13pm On Aug 13, 2022
Sonicroyel:

With all due respect your opinion is far from the truth you can't be here say all these fgs have u seen his numbers on Spotify

My candid summation goes thus just like the soundman ep wiz made that everyone seemed to love I didn't like it one bit but then that sound like wiz said wasn't exactly Dr the Nigerian market ..

Another theory of mine is that because of burnas album strength (which also in my opinion wasn't the best from BB) I think that sort of took away a little from him.. omah's album is a Solid 7-8 ....

Better than A better time in my opinion
omah lay album is doing so well,

1 Like

Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by Henryfocoyo(m): 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2022
vivalavida:
He should just take a look a fireboy's career trend. That guy has been on the upward trajectory since he came out. Omah lay might learn one or two things from him.
boy alone is doing well more than fireboy check numbers bruh

1 Like

Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by Henryfocoyo(m): 10:24pm On Aug 13, 2022
gigdip999:
Am into the music industry as well. All i can say is omah lay is stil very good. But if his under any label he has to leave that label and start his own thin, because the label will give him too much presure to keep releasing more hit tracks on a fast pace and he might not be the fast pace kind of guy. My advice is he starts his own label take his time relax and drop hit bomb tracks.
then you are not a musician, because you and I no that omah lay album is best right now. Omah does his own thing, not push by any record label.
That album was influence by what he is passing thru deep from his heart, not a regular noise

1 Like

Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by Successfulben: 11:03pm On Aug 13, 2022
How does this affect the price of garri in the market? Local man is thinking of what to eat,you people are talking about hit song. How much as hit songs put in my pocket in the past? Jobless and stupid youths.
Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by GeneralPula: 11:25pm On Aug 13, 2022
ajekpaks:

In that song he deviated from his usual flow and tried to integrate into Bieber's sound which obviously failed...

Lemme explain, when collaborating with the folks over there, Nigerians tend to be like and sound like them. It didn't start with Omah Lay, check out most of the international collaborations between Nigerian artists and their western counterparts... None have been exceptional...

P-square have been the only ones who successfully made hit songs with foreign counterparts. e.g Onyinye ft. Rick Ross and Chop my money, ft. Akon...

Go check out the views of Diamond Platinums ft. Neyo, on YouTube and you'll notice that it was also a highly successful Collab. Diamond had Neyo flowing in his Tanzanian sound

Look at Peru by FireBoy ft. Ed Shereen and you'll notice another hit song because Ed was working with a proper afrobeat Nigerian sound...

Davido, WizKid and some of the other dudes have been ft. The likes of Chris Brown, Niki Minaj, Drake and the likes but I can't honestly remember any of those songs that trended much after the songs were released...

Essence by WizKid and Tems was already a hit when Bieber joined in so his presence in the remix made little impact...

Now back to Omah Lay, imagine Bieber chanting lo lo lo lo with him, it's definitely gonna be a hit

There's this song by Beyonce ft. Kanye West and Jay Z titled Lift Off... that's one hell of a song and sounded very Nigerian, because it was produced by Don Jazzy.

How can you ft. Someone like Cardi B in your song and you're talking about bootty? that's already what is expected from her... but you as a Nigerian artist will loose your sound in such a song

And that's what affected Omah Lay, not that his recent songs are not nice, but that attention song spoilt things for him

I can’t speak of any other body but Davido has always been real with all his foreign collabo.

Davido ft Akon
Davido Ft Meek mill
Davido Ft Popcan
Davido Ft chris-brown

Also, do not forget Davido was birth in USA. Nah Yankee boy..
Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by Simeonjoe1: 11:27pm On Aug 13, 2022
TeeNanu:

Not really, if we compare with previous hit he got

Guy I'm a mess na better classic, madt jam same vibe as his other songs with good lyrics too. What more do you want?

The guy dey try

1 Like

Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by KingDamzzy(m): 12:12am On Aug 14, 2022
What kind of stupid dumb article is this? Omah Lay has arguably dropped the best Nigerian album so far this year and you are yapping about hits.

Listen to the album and make your research well. The hits on the album too choke. From Soso to Bend You to Safe Haven to How to Luv.

1 Like

Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by ozoono(m): 3:14am On Aug 14, 2022
ajekpaks:

And that's what affected Omah Lay, not that his recent songs are not nice, but that attention song spoilt things for him
Men you studied songology oh
Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by MartinsD12(m): 5:32am On Aug 14, 2022
EntPublisher001:
Omah Lay is finding it hard to score a hit song lately, or perhaps let's say one proper sound that will go mainstream as he did with his "Get Layd" and "What Have We Done (WHWD)" project. In this article, TrendyBeatz looked into Omah Lay's Career Trajectory, why he's finding it hard to score a hit song and what he could do.

One out of hundred problems artists face in the Nigerian music industry is staying relevant. This is also applicable to the music industry outside Nigeria. While this is a common issue in the music industry, it's also a bane faced by every creative outside the music scene. A small ray of waves beams brightly on you for a while and all of a sudden the problem of "what next to do" pops up. This particular problem has affected a lot of artists careers in the music industry and it looks like Omah Lay is currently experiencing the same thing. In 2020, Omah Lay's entry into the music industry was a shock. Like a thief in the night, he penetrated with hit songs like "Bad Influence" then he fed us with "godly" and "Lo Lo", Damn and "Confession". After this shocking dominance and the consistent uncanny ability to drop songs that make instant hits, everybody became a fan of the sonorous singer. In short, his debut EP "Get Layd" and sophomore EP "What Have We Done" were filled with hit songs. But these days, something is happening.

No one can deny the fact that Omah, born Stanley Omah Didia, who was once a rapper, is inarguably a talented artist, and one of Nigerian best new generation artists. While we would never pray to go experience the gory moments of the 2020 pandemic, it looks like Omah Lay needs another lockdown to recreate the magic he concocted with the tunes he dropped that period.

The recent play out in Omah Lay's delivery makes it sound like the cosmos have decided the end is here, and just like everything else in life, music and pop culture operate on a cycle. It starts, it grows, it expands, it hits a peak, it declines, and it dies. That’s the cycle of life. Unlike what most people think, music isn’t just vibes and endless nights of ‘turn up’. Music is a product, which obeys all the laws of life. But are we saying Omah Lay's sound is declining? Well, maybe or maybe not. Recall that his first attempt at going International failed when he featured Justin Bieber. The song "Attention" received a whole lot of backlash from his fans. It's obvious in the song that something isn't good enough or not even good at all compared to his usual delivery and flow. On Twitter, some Netizens tagged the song "a waste of collaboration."

Nigerians get tired when you constantly give them the same sound and flogging the usual pattern. It's a huge task for upcoming artists, especially as after a sprinkle of stardom, they go deep in all their might and power on the same particular style that blew them up.

While it's also good to create according to the needs of the audience, artists have to be cautious too. In the short run, they vibe to it since it's what they want, in the long run, they grow tired as the law of diminishing marginal utility sets in. No one likes a thing for long. For Omah Lay, he's been on a run of flogging the same theme, the same style, and pattern. His songs have been on the same melody wavelength. Maybe Omah Lay's dwelling on his depression might eventually become his undoing.

However, Omah Lay can still switch the game up and catch the nip at the bud before it's too late by returning to the drawing board. This time, he can be in charge of the whole creative process deciding on what people should listen to. Sit down, relax and strategize on the next hit song because with the look of things, Omah Lay is one more project away from losing his essence in the industry.

Do you also think something, somewhere is wrong with Omah Lay's music lately? What's your suggestion or do you think Omah Lay should change the narrative or y'all are in love with his regular style of music? Let's hear your thoughts.

I said it here that his new album boy alone is trash can't be compared to his 2020 hits
Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by Caseless: 6:36am On Aug 14, 2022
Rahkman:
I'm not sure the headless writer listened to his album. 'bend you, soso, undertand', etc, are all hits.

'Attention' is a waste of collaboration because a Twitter user says so? Stupid people. There's a constant fight between fans on Twitter and Omah Lay was once seen taking side with burna and wizkid, so expect people to go at him too. Though, I think he has something with Davido now. Omah lay is good and still doing good. The music industry is competitive and new artists pop everyday.
Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by GoooodHardDick: 7:08am On Aug 14, 2022
Codeye:

IT WILL NOT BE WELL WITH ALL THAT SUPPORT OR ENDORSE Tinubu the drug lord. People who are supporting tehifnubu the druggie needs to have their brains checked

Fixed
Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by micxwell(m): 8:59am On Aug 14, 2022
EntPublisher001:

I wrote it on YouTube last year that he's confused, his fans came for my head.
Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by Dreadlock69(m): 9:12am On Aug 14, 2022
You go just open thread like animal shey you run commot for bush
Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by PharmacyStore: 1:47pm On Aug 14, 2022
Very interesting article
Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by purejustice36: 1:59pm On Aug 14, 2022
His latest album “boy alone” is fire

It’s not for everybody tho , only for people with clean ears

1 Like

Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by Doomx(m): 5:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
Successfulben:
How does this affect the price of garri in the market? Local man is thinking of what to eat,you people are talking about hit song. How much as hit songs put in my pocket in the past? Jobless and stupid youths.

Senseless comment
Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by ComradeShegs(m): 6:10pm On Aug 14, 2022
Someone should plz help me with 1k please. I'm starving here. Haven't eaten since morning please. Standard chartered: 5003254425
Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by Successfulben: 9:55pm On Aug 14, 2022
You are the more senseless for post lubbish
Doomx:

Senseless comment
Re: Does Omah Lay Need Another Pandemic To Score Another Hit Song? - TrendyBeatz by Successfulben: 2:24pm On Aug 15, 2022
You are an old foooooool
Doomx:

Senseless comment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD: DJ AB - Love The Way You Lie (video + Audio) / Nigeria's Top 10 Rappers Of The Year / Nigerian Music Video Awards (NMVA 2012 ) Full Winners List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.