Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Ezekiel 28, Finding Out Who Is The Devil - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ezekiel 28, Finding Out Who Is The Devil (283 Views)

Rev Ezekiel's Burial: Adeboye, Oyedepo, Ukpai, Wale Oke, Okonkwo Attend / Pastor Ezekiel Atang Dies After Ignoring His Health Challenge (Photos, Video) / CPM General Overseer, Rev Obiora Ezekiel Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ezekiel 28, Finding Out Who Is The Devil by knowingChrist(m): 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2022
Discussing Ezekiel 28

This is a sequel to the discussion of Isaiah 14. check attached tweet for that.

Ezekiel 28:1-2[/i]
This is a proverb unto the "prince of Tyrus", a man who had been overtaken by Hubris that he now calls himself God. This man became so proud that said he's God bc he seats the throne of God, in the "midst of the sea".

What we can learn here is that this man, prince of Tyrus is just a prince i.e. he's the son of the sovereign. A sovereign is one who exercises supreme authority within a limited sphere. The limited sphere, in this case, will be this world, a world of limitation. while the sovereign is the devil, the father of all in this world.

Another thing to learn here is: why did the prince of Tyrus become proud? He said he's God bc he occupies the seat of God, "in the midst of the sea". the phrase "in the midst of the people" can be well broken down according to the scriptures.

1. Sea scripturally means a very large number of people.

2. the phrase "in the midst" is used to indicate an internal happening; in the mind.

Therefore, the prince of Tyrus says he has occupied the throne of God, in the mind of so many people, and for this reason, he's as God, what he was saying is that he has occupied where God is supposed to seat in the minds of so many people and for this reason, he is as God.

to further interpret the message, we'll interpret what the throne of God means. the throne of God is our heart. it's our consciousness. This man says he occupies the consciousness of the mind of most people so that makes him as God.

Ezekiel 28:3-5[i]

This man was said to be wiser than even the prophet of God, Daniel. This man knew so much of the world's secrets and there's nothing hidden from him, and with this wisdom, he acquired so much riches for himself. This is what led to his Hubris.

Ezekiel 28:6-7[/i]
God said bc he has puffed up his mind, he'll raise strangers unto, which a kind of people he's never encountered before. These people shall war against him, they shall not respect him and shall trash everything he holds dear.

Ezekiel 28:8[i]

God said this prince of Tyrus shall die the death of them that die in the midst of the sea.

Recall, in the midst of the sea means in the mind of so many people. Therefore, to die in the midst of the sea means to be murdered in the minds of so many people. To be murdered in the mind is to be hated bc to hate someone is to murder them in the mind 1 john 3:15.

So God says to the prince of Tyrus, you who had been loved by so many people shall be hated by even more people and this will cause you to fall into the pit, which means depression. You who were glad and gloried bc you were loved by so many shall be hated by so many people and you shall be depressed by this, you shall not know joy.

Ezekiel 28:9-10[/i]
God asks this man, will you tell them who shall kill you that you're God? these people hate you and do not care about you and seek only to kill you, to them you're just a man and they shall kill you like an infidel, they shall not give you an honorary death or regard you while you die.

Ezekiel 28:11-12[i]

this part is directed not to the "prince" of Tyrus but to the "King" of Tyrus, the sovereign one, the one whose will the prince of Tyrus was acting. This proverb has now shifted from the prince of Tyrus to his father, the king; the devil.

God says to the devil, you secure all wisdom, you're the emblem of wisdom & you're the totality of everything that gives pleasure to the senses or pleasurably exalts the mind. Ezekiel 28:13
God says to the devil, you had been in Eden, the garden of God, every precious stone was your covering. What you should do i.e. your destiny was prepared for you in the day you were created.

what we can see learn here is that the devil was in Eden and he was not in the garden by chance, he was there by the mission of God. In fact, it was his destiny to be in the garden of Eden, for what he shall do was made for him there in the day he was created. Leaving the garden of Eden was by his own effort and not God's will for him. This person called the devil is not spiritual bc his covering was of stones and not the spirit of God.

There's the covering of the spirit and there's the covering of natural things, and this person called the devil never had the covering of the spirit of God, his covering was of natural elements, making is cover from that of the spirit of God Isaiah 30:1. Spirit entities are covered by the spirit of God, but natural entities are covered by natural elements. So this person's called the devil had a covering of elemental stones, which makes us know that he's an elemental or natural person, and the totality pleasurably to the senses.

Ezekiel 28:14[/i]
Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
this part needs to be rightly divided or broken to give the proper understanding of the message. So let's break down this verse into its component parts:

[i]Part 1:

thou art the anointed cherub that covereth

Cherub means guardian, if a person is a guardian, it means they're guarding something. So this person called the devil is anointed to guard or keep something in the beginning.

A cherub can be anyone, it does not necessarily to be an angel. Cherub is a symbol of God's authority. Anyone who keeps or guards something ordained by God is a Cherub. Believers are also guardians of the gospel of Christ. this makes everyone who believes in Jesus a Cherub. This is why the angel said to John "Don't do bow to me! I am a fellow slave with you, your brothers the prophets, and those who "keep" the words of this book"

Anyone who "keeps" something of God is a Cherub. Those who were also anointed to "keep" the way of the tree of life after Adam had been driven out of the garden of Eden were also called Cherubs.

All this leads us to properly understand that the person called the devil was the person commanded to "keep" or protect something in the beginning.

Part 2:
; and I have set thee so

This part is just a closely related way of saying the same thing said in the first part of this verse. it's all talking about the devil's destiny. God said to the devil I set thee so, this statement means I placed you there or I commanded you thus.

if read this in context with the preceding Ezekiel 28:13, we are able to properly understand what God was saying to this person called the devil, which is:

"You were in Eden the Garden of God, you had a covering of all the natural elements, I anointed you to protect it; I placed you there"

This helps us understand that the person who God placed in the garden of Eden in the beginning is the person called the devil.

Part 3
: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God

This part explains the everything said from Ezekiel 28:13. This is why it starts with a colon, indicating that it's explaining the statement before the colon.

interpretation:
It says the person called the devil was in "the holy mountain of God". the mountain of God is a place of fellowship with God, it's God's presence, it's a place for the priest of God. No one can enter the mountain of God unless they're a priest of God: Moses; Elijah; Jeremiah; Daniel and Jesus are examples of people who were in the mountain of God. The mountain of God is a place of communion with God, it's a place for sons of God.

So this person called the devil was a priest of God in the beginning, he was responsible for making the mind/precepts/commandment of God known. He was placed in the garden and was commanded to protect it. This person also communed with God in the beginning.

Part 4:
; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

This part is closely related to part 3. It's another way of saying that the person called the devil was on the mountain of God. this is why it's separated with a semicolon.

interpretation:
the presence of God is as a burning fire, to walk in the presence of God is as to walk in burning fire. So this person called the devil walked in the presence of God in the beginning. This is also in support of what God had said that this person was a priest or a son of God in the beginning.

Ezekiel 28:15
Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

this part tells us the innocence of this person called the devil when he was created. this person was created without fault or guilt until he did something that made him faulty or guilty, and so guilt or fault was found him. That's to say this person called the devil brought guilt or fault into himself in the beginning by his own handiwork.

What can be learned from Ezekiel 28:15 is that this person called the devil is not ignorant of his guilt or fault. He knows he's guilty but he's estranged, i.e. he feels indifference about it and is not ready to change. This is why this person is represented in revelations to the prophets as a Dragon bc Dragons are believed to have a very hard heart. Thus, this person called the devil is referred to as the great Dragon bc of his hardened heart, a heart that refuses to change or repent, or feel remorseful. So this person called the devil was unrepentant or unremorseful in the beginning.

Ezekiel 28:16[/i]
This part explains further what the devil did in the beginning. it's a sequel to Ezekiel 28:15.

God says by this person's continued dealings, his guilt filled him with violence and this caused him to sin.

So God says he'll cast him out of the mountain of God, and from the midst of the stones of fire. what this means is that this person called the devil will be cast out of the presence of God and from communing with God, and shall be destroyed.

[i]Ezekiel 28:17
[b][/b]
this part talks about the mode of operation of this person called the devil. He corrupted his wisdom with his cleverness, by wanting to scheme or outsmart. He was proud and thought he could scheme around and not get caught.

This person called the devil is the master of schemes, that's his method of operations. He schemed in the beginning. This person called the devil is not a straight forwards person, nor is he a responsible person. He's always trying to outthink or outsmart. This happened bc he became proud for the wisdom he possessed.

So God says he'll cast this person down and bring him down, he'll lay him down before kings in disgrace so that they might see him for all the lies he's been telling about himself.

what we've learned so far is that this person called the devil whom Isaiah said he went to heaven of his own efforts had not been cast down at this time, he still had access to heaven. This is why God said he'll cast him down to the earth so that he cannot access heaven again.

Ezekiel 28:18[/i]
This part needs to be rightly broken down to give proper understanding. So we'll be breaking the verse into its component parts.

[i]Part 1:

Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities,

this part lets us know the kind of entity this person is. it's said here that the devil corrupted his sanctuaries, which are his holy place. This makes us see that the devil is like a regular human. Humans have bodies which is the temple of God and their soul is like the holy of holies of this temple.

This person called the devil is likewise a temple unto God but he corrupted his sanctuaries such that God cannot dwell in him. This means he corrupted his Will, mind, and emotions such that God is not seen in his will, in his thinking, and in the expression of his emotions, everything was of him.

Part 2
by the iniquity of thy traffick

This part further stresses it for us to actually know what this person did in the beginning. God was telling us that this person plotted wickedness in the beginning. Wickedness is this person's pattern of behavior. He plots wickedness and derives joy in doing that.

Part 3
therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

This part is God revealing his decision to bring down this person called the devil. He says he'll cause intense anger in the mind of this person, and this anger will drive the devil mad from within, and this will mark the beginning of his downfall. He'll be brought low that everyone will see him.

Ezekiel 28:19[i][/i]
All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

This part shows that those who finally see this person called the devil will be surprised when they realized who he is. Just as Isaiah 14:16 says that those who see the devil shall ponder about him, this place shows us that they'd be surprised at his identity, especially those who had been walking in his path and had been worshipping him.

In summary, these are things that can be learned about the devil from reading Ezekiel 28:

1. He was placed in the garden of Eden by God
2. He was a cherub of God and his mission was to keep or protect the garden of Eden.
3. He was a priest of God, i.e. he was a mediator or a mouthpiece of God, & the one who received the commandment from God, and was responsible for passing God's commandment to God's creation.
4. He was the schemer in the beginning and tried to even outsmart God.
5. He came out of the garden of God by his own efforts, and bc of the fulfillment of his ambitions.
6. Everything most people know about him is a lie as they shall be astonished when they finally see him.
7. The devil is the father of wickedness and lies.
8. The devil tries to wriggle himself out responsibility for his action through his wisdom, thus corrupting his wisdom.
9. The devil, like Moses broke the commandment he received from God and didn't trust the word of God.

Looking at every fact as obtainable in the scriptures, the first man Adam is the person called the devil:

1- For Adam was the person that God placed in the Garden of Eden Genesis 2:8
2- Adam was the Cherub whose mission was to keep the Garden of Eden Genesis 2:15.
3- Adam was the schemer in the beginning, who schemed and was diplomatic with his reply to God in the beginning.
5- Adam was the one who came out of the garden of Eden by his own efforts; by the reason of his decision to go against God's pattern and rule, and bc he wanted to be as God.
6- Most people have been taught that the devil is one powerful angel that was existing before the existence of the world. These are just well-crafted falsehoods originating from the devil Himself. This is why those who have been worshipping the evil shall be astonished and shall ponder in their heart when they finally see him and realized that he was just Adam, the almighty father of all flesh.
7- the father is the father of lies as he was the one who broke the truth and he was the source of all wickedness in humans. He's the reason violence, vengefulness and deception are natural for humans.

Thank you for reading. Take some time to properly understand what you've read and May we all have the grace to understand the message. May we receive the grace to put off Adam and take up Christ. Amen

1 Like

Re: Ezekiel 28, Finding Out Who Is The Devil by Kobojunkie: 11:56pm On Aug 13, 2022
knowingChrist:
Discussing Ezekiel 28[/b]This is a sequel to the discussion of Isaiah 14. check attached tweet for that.

[b]Ezekiel 28:1-2
[i][/i]
This is a proverb unto the "prince of Tyrus", a man who had been overtaken by Hubris that he now calls himself God. This man became so proud that said he's God bc he seats the throne of God, in the "midst of the sea".

What we can learn here is that this man, prince of Tyrus is just a prince i.e. he's the son of the sovereign. A sovereign is one who exercises supreme authority within a limited sphere. The limited sphere, in this case, will be this world, a world of limitation. while the sovereign is the devil, the father of all in this world.

Another thing to learn here is: why did the prince of Tyrus become proud? He said he's God bc he occupies the seat of God, "in the midst of the sea". the phrase "in the midst of the people" can be well broken down according to the scriptures.

1. Sea scripturally means a very large number of people.
2. the phrase "in the midst" is used to indicate an internal happening; in the mind.

Therefore, the prince of Tyrus says he has occupied the throne of God, in the mind of so many people, and for this reason, he's as God, what he was saying is that he has occupied where God is supposed to seat in the minds of so many people and for this reason, he is as God.to further interpret the message, we'll interpret what the throne of God means. the throne of God is our heart. it's our consciousness. This man says he occupies the consciousness of the mind of most people so that makes him as God.
Ezekiel 28 is a set of Poems spoken by God Himself to Kings in the Land of Tyre and then to Siddon. There is no devil or Satan mentioned or referenced, only men, flesh and blood,able to die like other men.
1 The word of the Lord came to me. He said,
2 “Son of man, say to the ruler of Tyre, ‘This is what the Lord God says:

“‘You are very proud! And you say, “I am a god! I sit on the seat of gods in the middle of the seas.” “‘But you are a man and not God! You only think you are a god.
3 You think you are wiser than Daniel and no secret is hidden from you.
4 Through your wisdom and understanding you have gotten riches for yourself. And you put gold and silver in your treasuries.
5 Through your great wisdom and trade, you have made your riches grow. And now you are proud because of those riches.
6 “‘So this is what the Lord God says: Tyre, you thought you were like a god.
7 I will bring strangers to fight against you. They are the most terrible among the nations! They will pull out their swords and use them against the beautiful things your wisdom brought you. They will ruin your glory.
8 They will bring you down to the grave. You will be like a sailor who died at sea.
9 That person will kill you. Will you still say, “I am a god”? No, he will have you in his power! You will see that you are a man, not God!
10 Strangers will treat you like a foreigner[c] and kill you, because I gave the command!’” This is what the Lord God said. - Ezekiel 28 vs 1 - 10
A second poem is found right after the first, also addressed to the King of Tyre, an,d in this you find that God also includes imagery that caused ignorant men to attempt to also insert their delusions into His mouth, against His commandment to them. undecided
11 The word of the Lord came to me. He said,
12 “Son of man, sing this sad song about the king of Tyre. Say to him, ‘This is what the Lord God says:
“‘You were the perfect man— so full of wisdom and perfectly handsome.
13 You were in Eden, the garden of God. You had every precious stone— rubies, topaz, and diamonds, beryls, onyx, and jasper, sapphires, turquoise, and emeralds. And each of these stones was set in gold. You were given this beauty on the day you were created. God made you strong.
14 You were one of the chosen Cherubs who spread your wings over my throne. I put you on the holy mountain of God. You walked among the jewels that sparkled like fire.
15 You were good and honest when I created you, but then you became evil.
16 Your business brought you many riches. But they also put cruelty inside you, and you sinned. So I treated you like something unclean and threw you off the mountain of God. You were one of the chosen Cherubs who spread your wings over my throne. But I forced you to leave the jewels that sparkled like fire.
17 Your beauty made you proud. Your glory ruined your wisdom. So I threw you down to the ground, and now other kings stare at you.
18 You did many wrong things. You were a very crooked merchant. In this way, you made the holy places unclean. So I brought fire from inside you. It burned you! You burned to ashes on the ground. Now everyone can see your shame.
19 “‘All the people in other nations were shocked about what happened to you. What happened to you will make people very afraid. You are finished!’”- Ezekiel 28 vs 11 - 19
God made clear in His messages/dirges who they are each about and meant for. undecided
Re: Ezekiel 28, Finding Out Who Is The Devil by knowingChrist(m): 7:34am On Aug 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Ezekiel 28 is a set of Poems spoken by God Himself to Kings in the Land of Tyre and then to Siddon. There is no devil or Satan mentioned or referenced, only men, flesh and blood,able to die like other men.
A second poem is found right after the first, also addressed to the King of Tyre, an,d in this you find that God also includes imagery that caused ignorant men to attempt to also insert their delusions into His mouth, against His commandment to them. undecided
God made clear in His messages/dirges who they are each about and meant for. undecided

I think you're right with everything you've said, you only need to think now.

Yes, you're right when you say that the poems were directed towards men; men who claimed to be as God. An important thing we know of the devil is that he claims to be as God, he wants to be seen as God, it's the fundamental thing we know of him. However, his identity has remained a mystery till today.

The first stanza of the poem was directed to the "prince" of Tyrus, but the second stanza changes it's tone and starts addressing another person who's also just a man but claims to be as God. It says this person was in garden of Eden and was anointed to guard it and it was God who placed him there.

The first person was just a man who claims to be God, he wasn't in the Garden of Eden, He only became confused of his reality bc of pride, but the second person in the second stanza of the song is also a man who claims to be as God but he was in the garden of Eden.

Now think! who was this second person God was talking about? who was the man in the Garden of Eden? who became as God? who was the priest of God in the beginning? who got the commandment of God and whose mission was it to guard the Garden of Eden?
May grace be to you and may the spirit of Christ guide you to all spiritual truth. Have a wonderful day in the light of God. Beyond everything, God loves your soul and wishes to cloth you with his righteousness.
Re: Ezekiel 28, Finding Out Who Is The Devil by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On Aug 14, 2022
knowingChrist:
I think you're right with everything you've said, you only need to think now.

1. Yes, you're right when you say that the poems were directed towards men; men who claimed to be as God. An important thing we know of the devil is that he claims to be as God, he wants to be seen as God, it's the fundamental thing we know of him. However, his identity has remained a mystery till today.

2. The first stanza of the poem was directed to the "prince" of Tyrus, but the second stanza changes it's tone and starts addressing another person who's also just a man but claims to be as God. It says this person was in garden of Eden and was anointed to guard it and it was God who placed him there.

3. The first person was just a man who claims to be God, he wasn't in the Garden of Eden, He only became confused of his reality bc of pride, but the second person in the second stanza of the song is also a man who claims to be as God but he was in the garden of Eden.

4. Now think! who was this second person God was talking about? who was the man in the Garden of Eden? who became as God? who was the priest of God in the beginning? who got the commandment of God and whose mission was it to guard the Garden of Eden?
May grace be to you and may the spirit of Christ guide you to all spiritual truth. Have a wonderful day in the light of God. Beyond everything, God loves your soul and wishes to cloth you with his righteousness.
1. Where in scripture do you have the devil telling you this of himself?

I don't believe at all that the identity of the one who is the devil is a mystery at all. What I instead see are people choosing denial as opposed to the truth of who he is. undecided

2. The entire dirge/poem is directed at the one and the same person, the King of Tyre. God made this abundantly clear in verse 12. undecided
12 “The word of the Lord came to me. He said, 12 “Son of man, sing this sad song about the king of Tyre. Say to him, ‘This is what the Lord God says: “‘You were the perfect man— so full of wisdom and perfectly handsome
13 You were in Eden, the garden of God. You had every precious stone— rubies, topaz, and diamonds, beryls, onyx, and jasper, sapphires, turquoise, and emeralds. And each of these stones was set in gold. You were given this beauty on the day you were created. God made you strong.
14 You were one of the chosen Cherubs who spread your wings over my throne. I put you on the holy mountain of God. You walked among the jewels that sparkled like fire.
15 You were good and honest when I created you, but then you became evil.
16 Your business brought you many riches. But they also put cruelty inside you, and you sinned. So I treated you like something unclean and threw you off the mountain of God. You were one of the chosen Cherubs who spread your wings over my throne. But I forced you to leave the jewels that sparkled like fire.
17 Your beauty made you proud. Your glory ruined your wisdom. So I threw you down to the ground, and now other kings stare at you.
18 You did many wrong things. You were a very crooked merchant. In this way you made the holy places unclean. So I brought fire from inside you. It burned you! You burned to ashes on the ground. Now everyone can see your shame.
19 “‘All the people in other nations were shocked about what happened to you. What happened to you will make people very afraid. You are finished!’” - Ezekiel 28 vs 12 - 19
3. Read the passage above, there is no introduction made, anywhere in the context of a second or third person. And as for the mention of the garden of Eden, obviously, it isn't a direct reference to the same garden in Genesis given that this Eden is instead laden with precious stones, something more associated with that found in the palace of a king for instance. Your first-person theory does not make sense given that the poem continues to make references which apply to a man and even with the mentions of the words "Eden" and "Cherub". undecided

4. Let me more clearly respond here to your questions. undecided
* who was this second person God was talking about? There is no second person mentioned by God in the above poem which was meant for the ears of the King of Tyre. undecided
* who was the man in the Garden of Eden? - Scripturally, Adam and Eve were the only humans in the garden of Eden. But since this is instead a dirge/poem, God's reference even to the garden of Eden is not meant to be taken literally given that the garden here is described as a place filled with precious gems, and not creatures, plants and animals as the biblical Eden described in Genesis.
* who became as God? - Well, kings are described as gods to their subjects but some kings go as far as to demand worship from their subjects as if they are in fact gods in their right. undecided
* who was the priest of God in the beginning? - God had no priests in the beginning since God spoke directly to the man and woman He created in the garden of Eden. So the reference in the dirge/poem to a priest of God need not be taken literally but instead figuratively by paying attention to what is the context. undecided
* who got the commandment of God and whose mission was it to guard the Garden of Eden? - Again, Scripturally, God's commandment was given directly to man while He was in the garden of Israel. And the installation of a guard over the garden of Eden only happened after man was expelled from the garden. So, again, to figure out the meaning of the reference, one needs to pay attention to the context of the poem/dirge and not try to add that which does not agree with scripture. undecided
Re: Ezekiel 28, Finding Out Who Is The Devil by knowingChrist(m): 6:32am On Aug 15, 2022
Good morning to you friend, I hope you had a beautiful sleep and I wish you a wonderful day.

I'm poised to think you didn't read the article, nor did you read the bible, maybe you did read bible but your translation is the problem but you certainly didn't read the article.

I'll advice you to take some time to actually read the bible, KJV or RSV is the best out there. After you've actually read the bible, take some time to read the article too bc your claims, though audacious are not inline with what the article or the scriptures say.

For example, the scriptures didn't say Adam and Eve received the commandment of God, the scripture makes it clear that Adam was given the commandment even before Eve was created Genesis 2:16. This makes Adam the person who received the commandment of God and the firsr priest of God, and Adam was responsible to give the law of God to everyone else. Priest of God tell people the mind of God and give them God's commandment. They usually receive the commandment of God directly from God. Moses is an example of a priest of God bc he also received the commandment directly from God

Also, the scriptures do not say that the Garden of Eden was decorated with stones. The scriptures say that this person called the devil had a covering of stones Ezekiel 28:13. But here you're trying not to acknowledge the truth about the second stanza of the poem and this has blinded you from seeing the facts clearly. Read again and you'll see the that God was talking to the person there by saying "your covering was stones" and this person was also placed in the Garden of Eden but you twisted this to say it was the Garden of Eden that was covered with stones. Your claim is not true according to the scriptures..

Lastly, I'll advice you to be humble enough to learn and this entails not trying to twist facts even when it doesn't suit your mind.

I'll not be engaging you anymore and it's saddening that i must do so. I value people who value facts. You're not a person of facts so I do not feel comfortable to engage such a person. We're in a plane of learning and I find it a total waste of time engaging someone who doesn't want to learn and whose sole aim is to argue and even change facts just to keep arguing.

Anyways I really appreciate that you engaged me this much but I must go now. God bless you. I pray that the peace of Christ find your soul and may the darkness around not engulf you. Amen!

Kobojunkie:
1. Where in scripture do you have the devil telling you this of himself?

I don't believe at all that the identity of the one who is the devil is a mystery at all. What I instead see are people choosing denial as opposed to the truth of who he is. undecided

2. The entire dirge/poem is directed at the one and the same person, the King of Tyre. God made this abundantly clear in verse 12. undecided

3. Read the passage above, there is no introduction made, anywhere in the context of a second or third person. And as for the mention of the garden of Eden, obviously, it isn't a direct reference to the same garden in Genesis given that this Eden is instead laden with precious stones, something more associated with that found in the palace of a king for instance. Your first-person theory does not make sense given that the poem continues to make references which apply to a man and even with the mentions of the words "Eden" and "Cherub". undecided

4. Let me more clearly respond here to your questions. undecided
* who was this second person God was talking about? There is no second person mentioned by God in the above poem which was meant for the ears of the King of Tyre. undecided
* who was the man in the Garden of Eden? - Scripturally, Adam and Eve were the only humans in the garden of Eden. But since this is instead a dirge/poem, God's reference even to the garden of Eden is not meant to be taken literally given that the garden here is described as a place filled with precious gems, and not creatures, plants and animals as the biblical Eden described in Genesis.
* who became as God? - Well, kings are described as gods to their subjects but some kings go as far as to demand worship from their subjects as if they are in fact gods in their right. undecided
* who was the priest of God in the beginning? - God had no priests in the beginning since God spoke directly to the man and woman He created in the garden of Eden. So the reference in the dirge/poem to a priest of God need not be taken literally but instead figuratively by paying attention to what is the context. undecided
* who got the commandment of God and whose mission was it to guard the Garden of Eden? - Again, Scripturally, God's commandment was given directly to man while He was in the garden of Israel. And the installation of a guard over the garden of Eden only happened after man was expelled from the garden. So, again, to figure out the meaning of the reference, one needs to pay attention to the context of the poem/dirge and not try to add that which does not agree with scripture. undecided
Re: Ezekiel 28, Finding Out Who Is The Devil by Kobojunkie: 7:56am On Aug 15, 2022
knowingChrist:
1. Good morning to you friend, I hope you had a beautiful sleep and I wish you a wonderful day. I'm poised to think you didn't read the article, nor did you read the bible, maybe you did read bible but your translation is the problem but you certainly didn't read the article.

2. I'll advice you to take some time to actually read the bible, KJV or RSV is the best out there. After you've actually read the bible, take some time to read the article too bc your claims, though audacious are not inline with what the article or the scriptures say.

3. For example, the scriptures didn't say Adam and Eve received the commandment of God, the scripture makes it clear that Adam was given the commandment even before Eve was created Genesis 2:16. This makes Adam the person who received the commandment of God and the firsr priest of God, and Adam was responsible to give the law of God to everyone else. Priest of God tell people the mind of God and give them God's commandment. They usually receive the commandment of God directly from God. Moses is an example of a priest of God bc he also received the commandment directly from God

4. Also, the scriptures do not say that the Garden of Eden was decorated with stones. The scriptures say that this person called the devil had a covering of stones Ezekiel 28:13. But here you're trying not to acknowledge the truth about the second stanza of the poem and this has blinded you from seeing the facts clearly. Read again and you'll see the that God was talking to the person there by saying "your covering was stones" and this person was also placed in the Garden of Eden but you twisted this to say it was the Garden of Eden that was covered with stones. Your claim is not true according to the scriptures..

5. Lastly, I'll advice you to be humble enough to learn and this entails not trying to twist facts even when it doesn't suit your mind.

6. I'll not be engaging you anymore and it's saddening that i must do so. I value people who value facts. You're not a person of facts so I do not feel comfortable to engage such a person. We're in a plane of learning and I find it a total waste of time engaging someone who doesn't want to learn and whose sole aim is to argue and even change facts just to keep arguing.

Anyways I really appreciate that you engaged me this much but I must go now. God bless you. I pray that the peace of Christ find your soul and may the darkness around not engulf you. Amen!
1. Enough of using God's name to sell what are lies abeg! undecided

2. Stop with the rambling abeg! lipsrsealed

3. Stop concocting foolishness for Pete's sake! Adam was not a priest of God. This claim of yours is baseless considering priesthood is not conferred in scripture by God on all those to whom He gave His commandment e.g. Abraham, Noah, Moses. undecided

4. There is no mention of your devil in the entire poem. From the beginning to end, a man, albeit a wicked man, was described by God undecided

5. If you half understood humility, the kind God demands from you, not the kind men brandish as if to suggest it gives them leverage of some sort over those they oppose, you would not be here using the name or God to sell what are lies in order to delude and deceive people in His name. undecided

6. Facts you say? Yet ever morsel you have shared here are not as written but instead born of delusions of yours. Yet you claim you value facts? undecided
Re: Ezekiel 28, Finding Out Who Is The Devil by knowingChrist(m): 11:52am On Aug 18, 2022
Learn!!!
Re: Ezekiel 28, Finding Out Who Is The Devil by Kobojunkie: 1:30pm On Aug 18, 2022
knowingChrist:
Learn!!!
Stop adding your various special interpretation to what is written. There is no devil mentioned in that context except the one you add to it from your delusions. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Why We Have High Sex Urge Nowadays? / What Will You Think Of This Kind Of Human Being? / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Saturday, November 5,2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.