Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates (23660 Views)

Wike’s Romance With APC, LP Raises Dust In PDP / PDP Reacts As Wike Dumps Obaseki, Reveals Next Line Of Action / Total E & P: We Would Have Had Reduced Cases If Others Were As Proactive As Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates by toujurs: 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2022
smileyoo:
agreed, wike may work for APC presidency in 2023 to spite Atiku's PDP because he felt betrayed by the PDP chameleons, but wike will never decamp to APC, or hand over rivers state government to APC.
wike is only acting the famous script of, enemy of my enemy can also be my friend, but it'll do him no good because, nothing good comes from APC.
wike, better support labour party, to build a better nation, if you really love Nigeria.
I doubt wike would want to work for Apc, same party that has amaechi. I doubt...He can't decamp to Apc, you are right. But supporting tinubu i doubt o!.
Re: Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates by frankson1(m): 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2022
Ogaga87:

Before Oyetola won that primary, Aragbesola had issues with Tinubu but I won't say further, just show me one Yoruba state with APC governors without the influence of the agbado king

With this your submission, is it right to state that Tinubu isn't doing bad since he won in Ekiti state.
Re: Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates by Musauzor(m): 2:21pm On Aug 14, 2022
So Wike will come to Rumuodara here and compel my family members to vote for Bola Tribulation? Some analysts def.
Re: Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates by Kaysalas(m): 2:24pm On Aug 14, 2022
specialmati:
grin grin grin angry angry angry grin grin don't worry I will get you enrolled, if you don't have the resource.
you never enrol your papa, na me you wan enrol. grin grin grin park well. This is my last response to you. Mr tout and AM. Mr toutAm ABI na Mr. AmTout
Re: Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates by specialmati(m): 2:26pm On Aug 14, 2022
Kaysalas:
you never enrol your papa, na me you wan enrol. grin grin grin park well. This is my last response to you. Mr tout and AM. Mr toutAm ABI na Mr. AmTout
grin grin grin grin grin atleast I have papa. That's why I want to enrol you that has no papa . Since no papa to enrol you, I must enrol you to save you from running after busses at oshodi busstop. Tout

Re: Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates by garfield1: 2:40pm On Aug 14, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
Because I caught you pants down with your lies, you want to shift goal post. There is never a state in the history of Nigeria that has ever deliver a million votes to any candidates except Kano and Katsina, prove me wrong. You equally said Rivers States delivered more votes than Delta state to PDP , I still exposed your lies with facts. Where is your facts? Delta State has always been the state that delivers the highest number of votes to PDP since 1999, from all southern states.

I use to rate you very high but you know zilch.such a pity.rivers gave pdp 2 million votes in 2003.bauchi gave buhari over a million vote in 2011.the first link is 2003.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.electoralgeography.com/new/en/countries/n/nigeria/nigeria-presidential-election-2003.html&ved=2ahUKEwj319Gwucb5AhXRsaQKHUTbAlcQFnoECAcQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1Cm5sYiHGT0j9wghBS1yGz

The second link is 2011 result
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.reuters.com/article/nigeria-elections-results-idAFLDE73G05B20110418&ved=2ahUKEwiDsIWXusb5AhUHtKQKHaMaAUAQFnoECAcQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0O4DPItoAvDG0nIRKnu-1I

I expect an apology from you and then admit that atiku will lose
Re: Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates by beyondPen(m): 2:49pm On Aug 14, 2022
This is how a true leader acts for his people.
The thing is power is shifting to the south and it's likely to rescind at south west.

Wike knows this and don't want his people to be marginalized.

And on a second note Rivers emulates Lagos
Re: Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates by GodsOwnMan: 3:01pm On Aug 14, 2022
drmuchin:
Wike would be stupid to work for Tinubu

Wike doesn't listen to ipigs/Igbos. In fact, when you tried nonsense in oyigbo, he massacred you miscreants
Re: Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates by etrange: 3:01pm On Aug 14, 2022
So the registered voters will follow Wike to any party he goes to? Or are we referring to his ability to rig the election in favour of his preferred party?
Re: Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates by ejimatic: 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2022
Kaysalas:

Very sound analysis but unfortunately the south is working against itself with Obi's candidacy. Personally, I love proper and meticulous planning. I don't trade it for anything in the world, that is why I love Michael Scofield and the prison break series DIE! now, between Tinubu and Obi, who can you honestly say has been planning and building towards this the most? Talk true!
. Thank u ! BAT has been planning for this! Since the merge of CPC abd ACN it has been an agreement between Buhari and BAT that a Yoruba man would succeed Buhari. That is why Buhari did not have any annoited candidate in APC primary.In his opinion the most popular candidate would win the primary. BAT belongs to a party that has a firm structure across the country! On the other hand Obi pulled out from PDP suddenly because he believed in Southern presidency which is their agreement too according to Wike and Fayose. He however belongs to an unpopular abd structureless party. It will take a long time for a party like LP to have the favour of the North and rule in Nigeria. Obi's existence is sudden and his identity from LP cannot give him a desired result. He will be distant third in the election!

1 Like

Re: Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates by Kaysalas(m): 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
ejimatic:
. Thank u ! BAT has been planning for this! Since merge of CPC abd ACN it has been an agreement between Buhari and BAT that a Yoruba man would succeed Buhari. That is why Buhari did not have any annoited candidate in APC primary.In his opinion the most popular candidate would win the primary. BAT belongs to a party that has a firm structure across the country! On the other hand Obi pulled out from PDP suddenly because he believed in South precidency which is their agreement too according to Wike and Fayose. He however belongs to an unpopular abd structuless party. It will take a long time for a party like LP to have the favour of the North and rule in Nigeria. Obi's existence is sudden and his identity from LP cannot give him a desired result. He will be distant third in the election!
Very aptly said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates by REALretep(m): 4:57pm On Aug 14, 2022
Wike is just catching cruise.
Besides he also invited Peter Obi
Re: Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates by CoolAmbience(m): 5:03pm On Aug 14, 2022
smileyoo:
agreed, wike may work for APC presidency in 2023 to spite Atiku's PDP because he felt betrayed by the PDP chameleons, but wike will never decamp to APC, or hand over rivers state government to APC.
wike is only acting the famous script of, enemy of my enemy can also be my friend, but it'll do him no good because, nothing good comes from APC.
wike, better support labour party, to build a better nation, if you really love Nigeria.

The APC is, by far, a better party than the PDP.

Projects, policies and programmes say it all.

Do not say that Wike 'will never' hand over to APC. He will, if the APC wins. His father doesn't own Rivers state.

Rivers state is just a 'small' subset of Nigeria. Jonathan handed over Nigeria to Buhari, let alone Rivers. It is comments like yours that make people like Wike feel so important. Wike lost an election. That's simple. Atiku rejected him as his running mate. What is wrong with that? If Wike kept PDP going, was it with his personal funds? Is Wike the only person that lost the presidential primary?

I can imagine how Secondus is feeling right now. Wike was used and fooled by the North to remove Secondus. They made him believe that to vie for presidency as a Southerner, he needs to remove Secondus, and a Northerner has to be party Chairman. What has happened now? Aren't the party's presidential candidate and national chairman both from the North? Lol! Wike was fooled. He thinks politics is about kaikai talks...we should wait and see how APC finally humiliates him. Dem don dey fool am with visits. Lol.

He thinks Iyorchia Ayu is Uche Secondus that he can remove easily. E no sabi him mate!

Ayu was Education Minister under Abacha between 1993 and 1998. He later became Minister of Environment; then Minister of Industry; and also Minister of Internal Affairs under Obasanjo between 2001 and 2005.

Ayu had previously being president of the Senate between 1992 and 1993. These guys, Atiku, Ayu, Lamido etc, no be Wike mate o. Ayu na national politics man from day one.

Despite Buhari's position as President. Despite that Oyetola is Tinubu's cousin - Tinubu's own state; Oyetola will hand over to PDP.

On Wike supporting the Labour Party, that is up to him. This is a national election. There is not much one person can do.

Importantly too, having Labour Party win the election does not guarantee a better Nigeria. Peter Obi has governed a state in Nigeria for 8 years. That is my state.

Please, don't amuse yourself. He met the state's poverty index at 20%, the best in the country, and by 2010, it had worsened to a staggering 68%. Go and verify!

He ran all the 21 LGAs using cronies 'cos he refused to conduct elections. He never accounted for LGA funds in 8 years. He has no landmark projects, if you know what I mean...

For instance, Obiano can boast of the Anambra International Passenger & Cargo Airport, the first of its kind in the state since Anambra was created in 1991; The International Convention Center, Awka; The Awka City Stadium etc. Go and verify! You may also use your phone if aren't able to go verify in person.

Share Obi's landmark projects in Anambra state.
Re: Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates by smileyoo: 5:34pm On Aug 14, 2022
CoolAmbience:

The APC is, by far, a better party than the PDP.

Projects, policies and programmes say it all.

Do not say that Wike 'will never' hand over to APC. He will, if the APC wins. His father doesn't own Rivers state.

Rivers state is just a 'small' subset of Nigeria. Jonathan handed over Nigeria to Buhari, let alone Rivers. It is comments like yours that make people like Wike feel so important. Wike lost an election. That's simple. Atiku rejected him as his running mate. What is wrong with that? If Wike kept PDP going, was it with his personal funds? Is Wike the only person that lost the presidential primary?

I can imagine how Secondus is feeling right now. Wike was used and fooled by the North to remove Secondus. They made him believe that to vie for presidency as a Southerner, he needs to remove Secondus, and a Northerner has to be party Chairman. What has happened now? Aren't the party's presidential candidate and national chairman both from the North? Lol! Wike was fooled. He thinks politics is about kaikai talks...we should wait and see how APC finally humiliates him. Dem don dey fool am with visits. Lol.

He thinks Iyorchia Ayu is Uche Secondus that he can remove easily. E no sabi him mate!

Ayu was Education Minister under Abacha between 1993 and 1998. He later became Minister of Environment; then Minister of Industry; and also Minister of Internal Affairs under Obasanjo between 2001 and 2005.

Ayu had previously being president of the Senate between 1992 and 1993. These guys, Atiku, Ayu, Lamido etc, no be Wike mate o. Ayu na national politics man from day one.

Despite Buhari's position as President. Despite that Oyetola is Tinubu's cousin - Tinubu's own state; Oyetola will hand over to PDP.

On Wike supporting the Labour Party, that is up to him. This is a national election. There is not much one person can do.

Importantly too, having Labour Party win the election does not guarantee a better Nigeria. Peter Obi has governed a state in Nigeria for 8 years. That is my state.

Please, don't amuse yourself. He met the state's poverty index at 20%, the best in the country, and by 2010, it had worsened to a staggering 68%. Go and verify!

He ran all the 21 LGAs using cronies 'cos he refused to conduct elections. He never accounted for LGA funds in 8 years. He has no landmark projects, if you know what I mean...

For instance, Obiano can boast of the Anambra International Passenger & Cargo Airport, the first of its kind in the state since Anambra was created in 1991; The International Convention Center, Awka; The Awka City Stadium etc. Go and verify! You may also use your phone if aren't able to go verify in person.

Share Obi's landmark projects in Anambra state.

thanks for that your analysis and illumination, especially on that of peter obi, I will surely do more diligent research on peter obi 's tenure as Anambra state governor, but i know that he was extremely prudent in spending as a governor and as a private citizen has achieved a lot in cooperate world, moreover he looks more humane than other Frontline presidential aspirants of 2023 elections.
Re: Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates by smileyoo: 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2022
Kaysalas:

Trust me, we need to make sacrifices and compromise here and there to get to the destination. Consider those overblown achievements of Tinubu and vote him, let's see. He isn't a weakling but a wise strategist.
Take it or leave it, northern Muslims dominate the northern political space if not the whole political space. It would be foolishness to ignore this fact.
okay, let's just hope that tinubu is not a weakling but a wise strategist, in quote.
am just tired of hearing of the news of these incessant daily killings of innocent nigerians, as if there's no more government in place.
it's not as if the federal might, can not stop these killings and destructions in the nation, but were is the political will to do so ?
Re: Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates by Kaysalas(m): 6:47pm On Aug 14, 2022
smileyoo:
okay, let's just hope that tinubu is not a weakling but a wise strategist, in quote.
am just tired of hearing of the news of these incessant daily killings of innocent nigerians, as if there's no more government in place.
it's not as if the federal might, can not stop these killings and destructions in the nation, but were is the political will to do so ?
That's the point. Trust me, if eventually God says it's Tinubu, I believe that, like David was prepared in the wilderness, killing the lion and the bear, before breaking Goliath's head, so I believe Tinubu has been prepared since 1990s but he needs your vote.
Re: Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates by mrksquare: 7:27pm On Aug 14, 2022
oikirodah:

https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/battle-for-2023-rivers-ups-for-grabs-as-wikes-romance-with-tinubu-escalates/

This article makes it appear as though the 3.6 million voters are zombie that would pander to the wishes of Wike. I am from Rivers state and I won't vote Wike's handpicked candidate for governorship not to talk of the person he anoints for president.
Re: Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates by shidof(m): 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2022
Bluntguy:
Rivers voters will turn against Wike if he works for Tinubu instead of Obi and he knows that.
Just like they turned against him when he worked against IPOB and chased them out of River state. Una too dey overate una influence
Re: Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates by Augustenite(m): 10:31pm On Aug 14, 2022
Willy7:
As far as Presidential election is concerned in Rivers State, Wike has little or no influence as long as the new electoral act is concerned. Rivers people are not dummies. They don't like APC and I don't see it change anytime soon. If the battle between Wike and Atiku continues, APC may snatch some votes through the back door, but Labour Party remains the chief beneficiary. As at today, most people in that State are rooting for Obi, and Wike dare not go against the popular wish,otherwise he will suffer the Amaechi treatment. Before the advent of Obi candidacy of Labour Party, PDP is the blood group of Rivers people and that is where they will vote for governorship and Labour for Presidency. Thanks
Bro, don't underestimate the power of incumbency. Though Wike cannot decide who Rivers people vote for, but he can decide whether they will vote or not. If you know, you know. Go ask Obigbo people. They will explain better.
Re: Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates by CoolAmbience(m): 9:59am On Aug 15, 2022
smileyoo:
thanks for that your analysis and illumination, especially on that of peter obi, I will surely do more diligent research on peter obi 's tenure as Anambra state governor, but i know that he was extremely prudent in spending as a governor and as a private citizen has achieved a lot in cooperate world, moreover he looks more humane than other Frontline presidential aspirants of 2023 elections.

You are welcome.

No wahala, but you know looks can be deceiving.

How we look or act, has a whole lot to do with our upbringing, and ofcourse, our environment.

Obi's demeanour and day-to-day outlook isn't any different from Otedola's - trademark dark or white natives.

Mark Zuckerberg is another of such person. But these guys have stuffs that fascinate them, and those are where they spend stupendously. They are just not into fashion and the rest.

Peter Obi has spent so much time in the UK. He's as conservative as an average Briton. And he also has an irreducible make-up of the typical Anambra trader.

Look at Obiano for instance, the general perception of him in Anambra, is that he is extravagant, in contrast to Obi's perception of being prudent; but Obiano delivered an International Airport, an International Convention Center, a City Stadium etc; whereas a prudent Obi's has nothing to show. Obiano has the US flamboyancy, and ofcourse, results. It is not enough to just be prudent.

If you know a lot of Anambra people, especially the ones with trading backgrounds, you'd get what I mean. This doesn't mean that that they can't be heavy spenders on things that fascinate them.

I would like you to also do a research around his ownership of apartments in Osborne towers, and the costs of the apartments.

That said, we also know that prudence shouldn't be an excuse for poor performance in public office.

People should be considered for higher public trust only based on records of their performances in previous assignments.

That's what we call merit, isn't it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EL-RUFAI Describes Variants Of Boko Haram Including One "Sponsored By Christians / 16 Boko Haram Terrorists And Their Wives Surrender In Borno / Attempts Made To Seize Our Seats ― PDP Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.