Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

True Life Story Of Spinal Cord Infection - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / True Life Story Of Spinal Cord Infection (226 Views)

Dr. Maduka Performing Spinal Surgery On Patient In Las Vegas (Video) / Babcock University Teaching Hospital Performs First Successful Spinal Surgery / Muhammadu Buhari Hospital Kano Records First Spinal Cord Surgery (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

True Life Story Of Spinal Cord Infection by anuoluwapo2117: 4:55am On Aug 14, 2022
A True life story of spinal cord infection

Shared to finest herbal shop by a close friend

Precisely 3years ago I had a spinal cord injury while traveling on a high way in United Kingdom for a friend weeding,was driving and loss grip of my leg on the break because I was also battling with a leg joint pain that year,this affected my driving and i had this terrible accident that almost took my life,at Frist I was in comma for days and after I regained consciousness the doctor told me I had spinal cord injury

I was depressed with the news, because have seen and heard of spinal cord injury taking life's,the doctors said a surgical procedures has to be done with immediate effect to safe me,we went on with the surgery,at that time I needed a miracle and treatment that could heal me so fast because my son will graduating from a prestige university the following month and I do not want to miss such great day for anything in the world,I spoke with the doctor how soon can I get off from the hospital bed and sadly he said few months, spinal surgery healing process takes up to 6month to 1year,while some people make slow improvements for up to 1-2 years so I gave up attending my son's graduation that year,what stock my heart to share this True life story was my experience during the healing process and I shared this to safe life's of people that might be having spinal cord injury and to prevent it from leading to spinal cord infection which I later had
It was a serious and uncontrollable pain all over my body and I needed a quick help to safe me from the spinal infection that occurred months after the surgery, thanks to my friend who is an herbal therapist who came to check on me and shared my life experience with her about the symptoms am having and she helped me out with some herbal remedies to treat me and was free from the spinal cord infection

I wish to enlighten you more about the spinal cord infection to have a deep and better understanding about my life experiences shared above

WHAT IS SPINAL CORD INFECTION
Spinal cord infection is known as disease that occurs when bacteria, viruses or fungi invade the spinal tissues and it affects the spinal(Discs,canal and cord).

CAUSES OF SPINAL INFECTION
this is infection started occuring few months after I had my surgery and this is due to bacteria or fungal infections in another part of the body that has been carried into the spine through the bloodstream,if you remember I had some other joint pains before the incident of the spinal cord injury occurred
The common source of this spinal cord infection is known as bacterium which is called STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS
this infection occurred between three days or months after surgery

RISK FACTORS FOR DEVELOPING SPINAL INFECTION
this risk include condition that compromise the immune system which are
*Organ transplant
*Advanced age
*Cancer
*Diabetes mellitus
*Longterm systemic usage of steroids
*Malnutrition
*Intravenous drug use
*Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)

We have some surgical risk factors
This are
*high blood loss
*surgeries of long duration
*Surgeries at same site
This can be very dangerous and lead to infection

SYMPTOMS
pains is the initial and general symptoms for spinal infection and other symptoms depends on type of spinal infection

This includes
*Muscle spasms
*Severe back pains
*Painful and difficult urination
*Chills
*Fever
*Weight loss
*Swelling
*Tenderness near the incision
*Night sweat
Other symptoms depends on the type of infection

OSTEOMYELITIS,it is common among adults and it affects the vertebrae known as intervertebral discs,and it is caused by bacteria and fungi,the main causes of Osteomyelitis is
*Infections from spinal
*Infections in the blood
This occurs when pains gets worse at night

DISCITIS ,this infection happens after surgery it is caused by STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS, which developed due to urinary tract infections,
Signs of DISCITIS are
*Fever
*Uncontrollable pains
It also affect young children

MENINGITIS,this is caused by drugs disorders and viruses, effect of meningitis are headaches,neckstiffness and fever.

EFFECTIVE HERBS FOR TREATING SPINAL INFECTION

CASSIA SEED,is a herb that helps to aid sleep, clear heat in the body use to treat weight loss and most importantly to treat joint pain.

HONEY SUCKLE, this is known as climbing shrubs with tubular followers which contains essential oil as well as antioxidant which is use for infection, bacteria, headache and urinary disorder

WOLF BERRY,is use to prevent liver damage, helps to improve sleep and help immune support system.

BURDOCK ROOT,this is a native vegetable good for the body,it aid digestion,it removes toxin from the blood that can lead to spinal infection also help to treat skin issues,it increase urin flow and reduce fever.

OSMANTHUS, this is a natural detox and it aids ridding your body of toxins,it also lower blood pressure
and full of antioxidants properties.

CHRYSANTHEMUM,is known as mums,which is good to treat chest pains, swelling,fever,cold and headach.

PRICKLY ASH ,this is an aromatic shrubs used to treat joint pains, blood circulation problems,in the bons.

YELLOW SWEET CLOVER,it helps to reduce the risk of phlebitis also use to treat varicose veins and haemorrhoids.

LION MANE,is an anti-inflammatory antioxidant and immune booster,which helps to lower the risk of heart disease and never damage.

HORSE CHESTNUT, majorly use for joint pains ,bladder and gastrointestinal problems,fever and leg cramps

Note, Advice from the herbal therapist can help you recover from spinal cord infection but it would best if you consider which herbs your body might react to in other to avoid complications,consult your herbal therapist before you use any herbal remedies.

(1) (Reply)

Health Is Not Valued Till Sickness Comes. Get A Health Insurance Today. / How To Regrow Penis And Breast After Puberty Age (for Boys And Girls) / How To Regrow Penis And Breast After Puberty Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.