Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,892 members, 7,810,426 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court (24212 Views)

Iyorchia Ayu: APC Sued Atiku In Wike’s Name / You Have Overstepped Your Bounds, Concerned Abia Citizens Tell Cosmos Ndukwe / Kalu’s Visit: I Don’t Owe Ikpeazu, PDP Any Explanation – Cosmos Ndukwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by Loveurneighbour: 7:41am On Aug 14, 2022
By Dapo Akinrefon, Steve Oko & Umar Yusuf

Amid confusion over the identity of the person who took the presidential candidate of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, to court, a former presidential aspirant on the party’s platform, Dr Cosmos Ndukwe, has said he is behind the suit and not the governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike.

His clarification came following Wike’s denial that he sued his party’s presidential flagbearer.

The governor, who is currently romancing All Progressives Congress, APC, chieftains, inviting them to commission projects in Rivers instead of his PDP colleagues, said he neither went to court nor asked anyone to file a suit on his behalf.

He also said reports of the suit emanated from Atiku’s people.

Wike made the comments in Port Harcourt, Friday, during the official commissioning of some projects.

“I want to state categorically that if I wanted to go to court, I will go to court. I have kept quiet and busy delivering dividends of democracy. If I wanted to, I would have gone to court within two weeks after the primary. Because that is a pre-election matter. It is the candidate’s group doing all these. And they’re not doing him any favour. But I wish them good luck,” he said.

But it was widely reported that a suit had been instituted against Atiku, Sokoto State governor, Aminu Tambuwal, and the PDP over the conduct of the party’s presidential primary.

Atiku and Wike have been estranged since the former emerged as the PDP presidential candidate and the latter the first runners-up and Atiku, instead of picking Wike as his running mate in the 2023 election, chose Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State.

Prayers

In the suit marked FHC/ABJ/CS/782/2022, Wike and a chieftain of the PDP, Newgent Ekamon, were listed as plaintiffs. In the originating summons, the PDP was said to be listed as the first respondent while the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was the second respondent. Tambuwal and Atiku were listed as the third and fourth respondents respectively.

Ekamon asked the court to determine eight points including whether the transfer of Tambuwal’s votes to Atiku in the primary was illegal and void.

Meanwhile, Ndukwe, a former Deputy Speaker, Abia State House of Assembly, whose name didn’t appear in the suit, in an exclusive chat with Sunday Vanguard, claimed ownership of the suit.

He said he decided to take Atiku and PDP to court for gross violation of the party’s constitution on zoning.

The erstwhile presidential aspirant argued that PDP had over the years enshrined zoning in its constitution and observed the same for equity and justice but expressed shock that the party for no justifiable reasons decided to jettison zoning in choosing its presidential flag bearer for 2023.

The former Chief of Staff to Abia State governor said he had before the primaries gone to court to challenge the refusal of the party to zone its presidential ticket to the South.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/wike-and-pdp-crisis-mystery-man-who-sued-atiku-surfaces/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by dawnomike(m): 7:53am On Aug 14, 2022
No problem, Nigerians are not interested in knowing the culprit...
They should keep the headache it within their party

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by jkpbestseries: 8:06am On Aug 14, 2022
Atiku is continuation of Buhari agenda, they had agreement after 2019 elections that he should calm down that he will hand over to him

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by PandoraObi: 8:06am On Aug 14, 2022
So PDP do not know the plaintiff from the court summons or they just want to be mischievous

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by IboHausaYoruba: 8:27am On Aug 14, 2022
Hmm! I said it and will keep saying it, Wike is a huge force to reckon with in PDP, if they allow this guy leave, the end is indeed near for PDP.
Back to years when PDP was in turmoil and disarray, those years when the likes of Saraki, Atiku and the rest were junketting around different political parties, when PDP was so broke to the extent that they could not pay rent at their Abuja head office, when they became so broke that they could not pay even staff salaries at the party office. It was this Wike of a man that came to their rescue with his personal and Rivers money! And you're telling me this man does not deserve to be the party presidential candidate? Worst of it, he could have been offered Vice President slot.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by Okemmuo(m): 8:28am On Aug 14, 2022
Wow
Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by VeryWickedMan: 8:28am On Aug 14, 2022
Unknown plaintiff

2 Likes

Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by chrisxxx(m): 8:28am On Aug 14, 2022
jkpbestseries:
Atiku is continuation of Buhari agenda, they had agreement after 2019 elections that he should calm down that he will hand over to him
If e no be South East or South South and good Wike is out of the race make North continue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by femiasaolu2014: 8:28am On Aug 14, 2022
"It's the big masquerade that tells the little masquerade to first go out to dance in the market square".

Governor Wike can not in any good conscience swear with the holy book that he is totally ignorant of this frivolous suit instituted by this man.

What does Dr. Ndukwe have to gain if Wike is made the PDP candidate?

Even if by some once-in-a-blue-moon occurrence, Wike is somehow made the presidential candidate,

Does he think he will win the presidential election?

A big, fat NO!!!

So it would only amount to winning the battle (getting the ticket) and losing the war (election).

As I have said in my previous treatises, Wike doesn't have the temperament, diplomacy, emotional intelligence, or gravitas to rule over a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, and multi-religious society like Nigeria as presently constituted. Where the sensibilities of all constituted tribes have to be taken into consideration to avoid causing offense.

Wike is too mannerless and uncouth to become Nigeria's president; IMO, he should cut his losses and ride off into the sunset.

This is his curtain call.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by Gccabsu7: 8:28am On Aug 14, 2022
Ok

Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by NutritionGuru: 8:29am On Aug 14, 2022

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 14, 2022
jkpbestseries:

Both Atiku and Tinubu are the same. Real change starts with Peter Obi

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by YorubaYouth: 8:29am On Aug 14, 2022
Ok
Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by victorazy(m): 8:31am On Aug 14, 2022
jkpbestseries:

Facts majority no know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by Righthussle: 8:32am On Aug 14, 2022
Wike has activated "Awinchy winchy " policitics. This kind of politics is usually played when you want to fool 2 people from different political parties at the same time.

6 Likes

Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by Moferere: 8:33am On Aug 14, 2022
Another Arthur Nzeribe.

I don't know why people from that side always do this type of thing undecided

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by otalujunior2000: 8:33am On Aug 14, 2022
Reinaldo:

Both Atiku and Tinubu are the same. Real change starts with Peter Obi
what is so special about peter obi ?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by OLOKOESHIN: 8:34am On Aug 14, 2022
Yes and he wants to Christianize Nigeria
Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by Passionate888: 8:35am On Aug 14, 2022
grin
Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by leofab(f): 8:38am On Aug 14, 2022
Mtch
Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 14, 2022
PDP = crisis
APC = crisis
LP. = instability

AA = peace and tranquillity!!!
Know this and end insurgency

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/10/rogers-contradicts-self-on-kudirats-murder/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by WonderManly(m): 8:41am On Aug 14, 2022
Really...

1 Like

Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by QuadT(m): 8:41am On Aug 14, 2022
jkpbestseries:

Wow!!!!
Never knew you're a witness to such agreement until now you're revealing it to us.
☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by UrPapa: 8:46am On Aug 14, 2022
Okoros even said it’s afonja people that went to file the suit in court because “Afonjas like causing confusion, afonja like backstabbing, Afonjas are green snakes”...
But now that we know that it’s an Igbo man all these while, I wonder what they will say

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by tesppidd: 8:46am On Aug 14, 2022
So Iyorcha Ayu is telling us that it was APC that sponsored Cosmos to file the suit against Atiku...

Useless and Shameless septuagenarians hiding behind politics to be telling lies so shamelessly.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by Hndrrxxx(m): 8:49am On Aug 14, 2022
Ggt
Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by alanto: 8:54am On Aug 14, 2022
But why can't you put your name, why are these ibo people so mischievous... Na so ugo go change him name to Yusuf de cla I'm no more supporting Tinubu...
If una use una identify for once person go die?

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike And PDP Crisis: Cosmos Ndukwe Says He Is The One Who Sued Atiku To Court by FreeStuffsNG: 8:54am On Aug 14, 2022
Another Arthur Nzeribe

49 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reuben Abati With His Wife At Their Daughter's Graduation / FFK Mocks Mama Taraba: 'Dumb Aisha Alhassan, I Warned You About APC But..' / I May Be Slow But I Do Not Loot -buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.