Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

How Was Your First Experience Speaking In Tongues? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Was Your First Experience Speaking In Tongues? (405 Views)

How Do You Feel After Speaking In Tongue? / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Was Your First Experience Speaking In Tongues? by vickvan(m): 11:49am On Aug 14, 2022
Speaking in tongues, can simply means a phenomenon that occurs when a someone experiencing religious ecstasy or a trance utters incomprehensible sounds that they believe are a language spoken through them by God.

So, how was the experience like? Did you learnt it or it was a gift from the Holy Spirit.

Happy Sunday! smiley
Re: How Was Your First Experience Speaking In Tongues? by God1000(m): 11:52am On Aug 14, 2022
I've never spoken in tongue.

I remember some years back, I was invited to a church program by school friend, the pastor of that church tried to force me and others to speak in tongue, but I left the altar for him when it was my turn.

I saw other people rolling on the church floor after the pastor touched their heads with white handkerchief.

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Experience Speaking In Tongues? by Arkadrob(m): 12:20pm On Aug 14, 2022
God1000:
I've never spoken in tongue.

I remember some years back, I was invited to a church program by school friend, the pastor of that church tried to force me and others to speak in tongue, but I left the altar for him when it was my turn.

I saw other people rolling on the church floor after the pastor touched their heads with white handkerchief.
I can relate. A guy was invited and during prayer session, the pastor was just on him to speaking in tongues. Baba began speaking in tongues by fire by force.

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Experience Speaking In Tongues? by lomprico(m): 12:33pm On Aug 14, 2022
You are not suppose to know when you speak in tongues and you speak it for a purpose. Not all these hogwash pentecostal Christians say today.
Re: How Was Your First Experience Speaking In Tongues? by michaelwestern(m): 2:23pm On Aug 14, 2022
lomprico:
You are not suppose to know when you speak in tongues and you speak it for a purpose. Not all these hogwash pentecostal Christians say today.

You can speak in tongues anytime you want. I'm currently speaking in tongues as I'm typing this.
Re: How Was Your First Experience Speaking In Tongues? by Kobojunkie: 2:28pm On Aug 14, 2022
vickvan:
Speaking in tongues, can simply means a phenomenon that occurs when a someone experiencing religious ecstasy or a trance utters incomprehensible sounds that they believe are a language spoken through them by God.

So, how was the experience like? Did you learnt it or it was a gift from the Holy Spirit.
Your statement in bold maybe only applies to those who experience the phenomenon that is instead Speaking in gibberish, and not Speaking in tongues.. undecided

Speaking in tongues is much like Speaking any other language out there except it is a language you are not learned in. My experience is such that the words don't come from my mental - not in the way words come from my mind - even the utterances emit from my mouth. undecided
Re: How Was Your First Experience Speaking In Tongues? by Kobojunkie: 2:31pm On Aug 14, 2022
lomprico:
That isn't true at all. Like you know when you switch from Speaking English to Speaking French, your brain catches up eventually that you are already speaking a different language. lipsrsealed

Speaking in tongues is much like speaking any language out there, and nothing like the practice of speaking in gibberish that is common among the Churchians. undecided
Re: How Was Your First Experience Speaking In Tongues? by lomprico(m): 5:15pm On Aug 14, 2022
michaelwestern:

You can speak in tongues anytime you want. I'm currently speaking in tongues as I'm typing this.

Lol, wérè
Re: How Was Your First Experience Speaking In Tongues? by lomprico(m): 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That isn't true at all. Like you know when you switch from Speaking English to Speaking French, your brain catches up eventually that you are already speaking a different language. lipsrsealed

Speaking in tongues is much like speaking any language out there, and nothing like the practice of speaking in gibberish that is common among the Churchians. undecided

It's all fake!
Re: How Was Your First Experience Speaking In Tongues? by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Aug 14, 2022
lomprico:
It's all fake!
Speaking in Tongues isn't fake. What is fake is speaking in gibberish which is what most have experienced instead. undecided
Re: How Was Your First Experience Speaking In Tongues? by lomprico(m): 5:38pm On Aug 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Speaking in Tongues isn't fake. What is fake is speaking in gibberish which is what most have experienced instead. undecided

That's what I mean, all gibberish branded holy spirit possession being displayed are all fake.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

You Can't Fight Spiritual Warfare With Prayer And Fasting Alone! / 5 Things To Avoid In 2023 / Popular Herbalist Dies In Hotel After Intercourse With Pastor’s Wife In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.