Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) (8305 Views)

Breaking!! Another HEFTY FINE For MTN In South Africa!! God Don Catch Dem!!! / The Zoo Called Nigeria (New Animal called Nnamdi Kanu on display in Cage) / Magaji Tinubu/obasanjo Fear Of Deportation From Western Nigeria Back To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Fhemmmy: 8:39pm On Aug 05, 2011
It can never happen in Nigeria . . . Not possible at all
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Gbenge77(m): 8:51pm On Aug 05, 2011
Fhemmmy:

It can never happen in Nigeria . . . Not possible at all
we shall have to wait and see.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Fhemmmy: 8:56pm On Aug 05, 2011
Gbenge 77:

we shall have to wait and see.

First of all to be able to happen in Nigeria, Nigerians must be willing to give their live for the future of the nation, but Nigerians love life too much and cant make such happen.
Also, in a nation where all the judicial arm of the govt are all in same boat?

Leave that thing jare
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by CyberG: 9:04pm On Aug 05, 2011
Can Nigerians tell Obasanjo to sit his ass down and be quiet! angry angry
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Fhemmmy: 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2011
CyberG:

Can Nigerians tell Obasanjo to sit his Bottom down and be quiet! angry angry

Good question . . . .
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by lukkie(m): 9:20pm On Aug 05, 2011
He's scared. AGABAYA!
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 05, 2011
Hosni Mubarak put a lot of people including his political opponents in a lot of cages during his tyranical years of misrule.Believe he is getting a taste of his own medicine.
Obasanjo should thank his stars,he is still walking the streets a free man-If there is any contraption worse than a cage,he certainly belongs inside it!
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by 1025: 11:12pm On Aug 05, 2011
I agree with Obj.

The manner in which Saddam was executed was wrong. The manner in which Mubarak was brought in is wrong.

Look, you don't humiliate someone in public who has had the honor to sit in a presidential seat and has had stately people bow to him.

America gave Osama a more befitting execution than they did Saddam.

When you put an ex president of Egypt in a cage for public view and humiliation, then you have humiliated the throne of power in that nation.

Another dimension to look at. American image really started taking hit when Republicans tarnished the power of their presidency by bringing what ought to be private in the white water probe to the public gaze and mockery, including a clothing belonging to Monica that was stained with the president's Fluid. That's when America lost its glory.

The Presidency is a cult. We'd love to kniow and see what they do but certain activities and actions of what they are and do must be kept out of public gaze, that way the mystery of the office does not loose its enchanting effect over us.

@negro,
i know u will suggest an ashebi reception as we saw in the case of bode george and a federal reception as we saw in the case of alams, ribadu and el rufai? in what ways can you differentiate a thief that stole maggi inside the market and got burnt to death and a taxi driver that refused to give police bribe and got shot in the process? the most foolish thing about nigerians and nigeria is that we respect wealth not minding the source. we dignify criminals. if you are close to obasanjo, advise him to quite now and save himself a scenario that could be worst than cage. why sympathizing with a man who is 83 and stinkingly rich yet held tight to power? at the end of the day, he has killed many and held many in different types of cages without our notice.
look at the number of ppl dying in africa on daily basis and look at how much these african criminals(rulers) are looting and sending to these european countries who in turn give us these funds as loans and we pay them back with interests. it is a shame.
the Bible says, those who live by sword, die by sword. nebukadenezar was once a ruler as powerful and influential as mubarak, obasanjo, gaddafi etc but one day, God turned him into an animal and he was feeding on grass. i am sure no one questioned God like many of us are doing here today. i pray that God will begin to turn these wicked rulers into animals so that they will feed on grass like the animals they are. for mubarak, he is just reaping the fruits of his labour. those who sow orange must learn to reap same with good heart.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by redsun(m): 11:28pm On Aug 05, 2011
Obasanjo is a number one enemy of the people.All he does is protest his own selfish and cynical interest at the expense of the people.

People like obj are so infused in act of dubiousness to the point that they are beginning to believe it is right to be dubious and they try to make the people believe too,and the people are conditioned to believe and they believe.

Obj is as evil as as hitler,he should be seen like that.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 05, 2011
VUVUZELA10:

Chief Olusegun Obasanjo is absolutely correct. When will Africans learn? Imagine Queen of England be put in cage.

Or George Bush,the war monger.Even American government had to pay for d i c k cheney's haliburton bribery scandal with taxpayers' money in order not to ridicule a former vice president.I don't think an European ruler had been publicly executed since the french revolution spanning more 200 years.No wonder oyinbo call us Apes.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by redsun(m): 11:45pm On Aug 05, 2011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_I_of_England

This is what happen to the enemies of the people.One of the foundations of which modern "democrazy" is built on.

Power to the people
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 05, 2011
redsun:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_I_of_England

This is what happen to the enemies of the people.One of the foundations of which modern "democrazy" is built on.

Power to the people

Which people ? At every point in history,what we experience today had happened in the past.Democracy did not start from Britain,Greek city state of Athens and france were instrumental to the emergence of democracy.British had always supported hegemony and monarchy,that is why queen Lizzy is still a figurehead of britain.Like I said earlier,the so called Arab revolution is an attempt for the europeans to lower the arabs to the status of mumu africans.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by beejaei: 1:13am On Aug 06, 2011
Too many ignorant people. What they did to Mubarak was not special. That is how prisoners are treated in Egypt.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by koruji(m): 2:25am On Aug 06, 2011
I don't know why people like to compare apples and oranges around here. If Slobadan were tried by people he directly affected with his crime you better believe they would have forgone court trials.

American will never treat those ex-presidents like that because those ex-presidents never sank to the level of African despots. In reality though if Americans were treated by a ruler like Mubarak treated people in Egypt you better believe they will put his head on a stake when they get him.

However, the American people don't even play with their freedom. As such, before a leader gets so powerful to behave like Mubarak he would be long dead as in d-e-a-d.

Let me give you an example of the recent case of the Senator from Alaska or let Wikipedia inform you how Americans treat people who gets caught violating public rules. After reading his brief history and what happened to him then read about this entire crime in the following quote, then you will realize that Americans will never any leader like Mubarak in their midst.

Theodore Fulton "Ted" Stevens, Sr. (November 18, 1923 – August 9, 2010)[1][2][3] was a United States Senator from Alaska, serving from December 24, 1968, until January 3, 2009, and thus the second longest-serving Republican senator in history. He was President pro tempore in the 108th and 109th Congresses from January 3, 2003, to January 3, 2007, and the third senator to hold the title of President pro tempore emeritus.

Stevens served for six decades in the American public sector, beginning with his service in World War II. In the 1950s, he held senior positions in the Eisenhower Interior Department. He played key roles in legislation that shaped Alaska's economic and social development, including the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, the Trans-Alaska Pipeline Authorization Act, the Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act, and the Magnuson–Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act. He was also known for his sponsorship of the Amateur Sports Act of 1978, which resulted in the establishment of the United States Olympic Committee.

In 2008, Stevens was embroiled in a federal corruption trial as he ran for re-election to the Senate. He was found guilty, and eight days later was narrowly defeated at the polls.[4] Six months later his conviction was dismissed on grounds of gross prosecutorial misconduct.[5]

On August 9, 2010, Stevens died in a plane crash[6] while en route to a private lodge.

On July 29, 2008, Stevens was indicted by a federal grand jury on seven counts of failing to properly report gifts,[71][72] a felony,[73] and found guilty at trial three months later (October 27, 2008).[73] The charges relate to renovations to his home and alleged gifts from VECO Corporation, claimed to be worth more than $250,000.[74][75] The indictment followed a lengthy investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for possible corruption by Alaskan politicians and was based on Stevens's relationship with Bill Allen. Allen, then an oil service company executive, had earlier pleaded guilty – with sentencing suspended pending his cooperation in gathering evidence and giving testimony in other trials – to bribing several Alaskan state legislators

Quote from: Roland17 on Yesterday at 04:52:01 PM
I agree with BABA on this one, putting a frail old mind in the cage is inhuman and undignified, America would never treat any of its ex president that way, even if they are found guilty of heinous crimes , even the culprit of the biggest Genocide ever, Slobadan Milosovic was not treated like a Dog, the Norwegian extremist that was recently arrested for mass murder is still being treated with respect and care.   
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by tony451: 2:30am On Aug 06, 2011
Christ have mercy. The amount of ignorance shown here is remarkable. From those that suggest that Europeans would never do such a thing (French Revolution anyone), to those who have been so abused by the succession of corrupt and unaccountable leaders in Nigeria over the years that they wouldn't have the spine to lift a finger  against those same parasites in power. Why else is it that we can confidently stand and proclaim that such revolutions would never happen in Naija if we weren't so lily-livered and full of so-called "respect" for leaders that think our lives are theirs to do what they wish with.

Obasanjo even has mouth to talk. In an ideal world he'll be locked away in solitary in Kiri-kiri for crimes against the people of Nigeria in particular and humanity in general. The occupant of a leadership position is a servant to the people, not some special being who needs to be treated with reverence. Even the pope is not treated the way some of you want this heartless dictator treated.

There is a big difference between respecting someone as a human being, and treating that same person specially simply because he occupied the highest office in the land. There is even less justification when that person was a brutal dictator who ruled by fear and handed out death penalties like cookies.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Nobody: 4:12am On Aug 06, 2011
And when will OBJ be thrown inside a cage for our amusement? A zoo is missing its. . . .
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by eruudy(m): 5:14am On Aug 06, 2011
Maybe Obasanjo is scared that the same fate will fall on him , For all the atrocities Mubarak did is caging not good for him ? Lets say if any of this of our so called government happens to be in the situation i go happy die , I no CARE jare ,
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 06, 2011
tony_450:

Christ have mercy. The amount of ignorance shown here is remarkable. From those that suggest that Europeans would never do such a thing (French Revolution anyone), to those who have been so abused by the succession of corrupt and unaccountable leaders in Nigeria over the years that they wouldn't have the spine to lift a finger  against those same parasites in power. Why else is it that we can confidently stand and proclaim that such revolutions would never happen in Naija if we weren't so lily-livered and full of so-called "respect" for leaders that think our lives are theirs to do what they wish with.

Obasanjo even has mouth to talk. In an ideal world he'll be locked away in solitary in Kiri-kiri for crimes against the people of Nigeria in particular and humanity in general. The occupant of a leadership position is a servant to the people, not some special being who needs to be treated with reverence. Even the pope is not treated the way some of you want this heartless dictator treated.

There is a big difference between respecting someone as a human being, and treating that same person specially simply because he occupied the highest office in the land. There is even less justification when that person was a brutal dictator who ruled by fear and handed out death penalties like cookies.
French revolution was almost 220 years ago but since then,are you saying there were never european rulers who were as corrupt as king Louis that deserved to die ? The issue is that europeans states were connected with their process of civilization which made the effects of the french and napolieonic wars rippled through europe but was rejected by britain that sees the french revolution as an attempt of french hegemony and their violation of the utrecht treaty that maintained the balance of power. . . . . . .see there is no way an european ruler will be publicly humiliated in history again.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by kaze4blues(m): 7:08am On Aug 06, 2011
@beaf, i agree wt u. D white never humiliate a 4ma leader in such a barbaric manner. Atleast we re nt sayin he shld nt face justice bt it shld b wt dignity. Puttin mubarak 2 death doesnt end d problem bt rather bring shame 2 d nation's seat of power.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 06, 2011
kaze4blues:

@beaf, i agree wt u. D white never humiliate a 4ma leader in such a barbaric manner. Atleast we re nt sayin he shld nt face justice bt it shld b wt dignity. Puttin mubarak 2 death doesnt end d problem bt rather bring shame 2 d nation's seat of power. 
Even berlussconi the paedophile and corrupt president was not treated bad,he is still the president and there is no public humilation at his trial anytime his case comes up.The americans also didn't crucify their ashawo bill clinton but today,he has become an international actor.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by udbyron1(m): 7:20am On Aug 06, 2011
I agree with Obj.
The manner in which Saddam
was executed was wrong. The
manner in which Mubarak was
brought in is wrong.
Look, you don't humiliate
someone in public who has had
the honor to sit in a presidential
seat and has had stately people
bow to him.
America gave Osama a more
befitting execution than they did
Saddam.
When you put an ex president of
Egypt in a cage for public view
and humiliation, then you have
humiliated the throne of power
in that nation./all men are equal/I agree with Obj.
The manner in which Saddam
was executed was wrong. The
manner in which Mubarak was
brought in is wrong.
Look, you don't humiliate
someone in public who has had
the honor to sit in a presidential
seat and has had stately people
bow to him.
America gave Osama a more
befitting execution than they did
Saddam.
When you put an ex president of
Egypt in a cage for public view
and humiliation, then you have
humiliated the throne of power
in that nation./all men are equal/
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Lexusgs430: 7:47am On Aug 06, 2011
Obasanjo, you deserve worse than a cage !!!
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by femmy2010(m): 8:46am On Aug 06, 2011
Somebody is afraid of similar treatment.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Tyche(m): 9:23am On Aug 06, 2011
I am completely indifferent as to wether he is kept in a zoo. However the lesson our leaders need to learn is that power is transient, you can stay there as long as u want and do whatever you want to do but one day you will go down and the next person will treat you however he likes.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by edicolove: 9:26am On Aug 06, 2011
I have been laughing here reading these posts and have been sad too. Imagine the young generation (which I assume most NLs belong to) of Nigerians advocating a barbaric means of justice in 2011 and thinking they are being sensible. 2 wrongs cannot make a right. I think Egypt might self destruct. I hope they survive it.

And just to add 2 cents here. It is very easy to watch CNN or Al Jazeira and get carried away. Those news organizations don't carry balanced news. I had an argument with a friend after NATO started bombing Libya and he said they will get Gadaffi in 4 days. I told him the war might never end. It is now like 4 months and still counting. The problem with most of you is that you always run away with one opinion. Gaddafi has his issues but he was never really a bad leader to Libyans in terms of economy and administration. Libya is a very rich country and very nice place where everything works. What you are seeing in Libya are tribal and sectional revolts because some sections of the country feel marginalized. That is why they will not be able to remove Gaddafi. Except they can assassinate him. half of the country are still supporting him. the impression you get from watching the news networks is very wrong. They are only giving you a one sided story. Many people in Libya don't like Gaddafi but he is still seen as a national hero. And mind you, killing Gaddafi might just lead to a civil war.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by dabrake(m): 9:31am On Aug 06, 2011
Let d dead bury dia dead. End of discussion.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Lexusgs430: 9:32am On Aug 06, 2011
@ edicolov ;De - I thought Saddam was dead ? angry
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Basics007: 9:38am On Aug 06, 2011
I dont usually agree with Obj but i think he's right on this one. It's really barbaric. The other sit tight dictators in Yemen, Syria, Libya, North Korea, Zimbabwe etc would look at this spectacle and will say "tufiakwa! I'll never leave this place till i die"
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by edicolove: 9:41am On Aug 06, 2011
Lexusgs430:

@ edicolov ;De - I thought Saddam was dead ? angry
Sorry, obviously a typo. i meant Gadaffi
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by cap28: 10:03am On Aug 06, 2011
I really dont see the humiliation you guys are talking about, i mean this man enjoyed over 30 years of power  he was in receipt of $1 billion annually in military aid from the US which he used to beef up the military and protect himself from being overthrown, he also devalued the egyptian currency, increased food prices, impoverished almost everyone in the country with the exception of his friends and family and other cronies so what is the big deal about him being placed in a cage for all the atrocities that he committed against his people?

By the way ive noticed some people are comparing him to gadaffi - they are not in the same category - gadaffi is not a US puppet, he was not kept in power by the US govt, the libyan economy is not run by the IMF or the world bank and gadaffi has used the wealth of libya to develop libya not hand it over to american and european multinationals and foreign banks.  Mubarak on the other hand was a US pawn who was used and dumped by the US when they realised that the egyptian people had had enough of him. 

Also before the ongoing libyan war many egyptians lived and worked in libya because of libya's higher standard of living and availability of jobs, until recently libya had the highest standard of living in africa.

Even Sadam was a hundred times better than Mubarak because he tried to get out from under the control of the US banks by trying to sell his oil in euros instead of the dollar, for attempting such a move his country was invaded, taken over and he was executed - funnily enough Gadaffi was also trying to dump the dollar and sell his own oil in a gold backed african currency known as the dinar - what a coincidence.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by Abuna: 10:14am On Aug 06, 2011
For those of you who think it can't happen in Europe, ask yourselves what happened to Mussolini? Also, how bad is it that some American states still endorse and enforce the death penalty. You see, when the West does it, It's justified but when we do it, It's barbaric. I can assure you that most of the citizen of the UK are clamoring for more drastic form of punishment. As you make your bed so you lie on it. If taking the despot in a cage is how they do it in Egypt so be it.

Someone wrote earlier that we should close our eyes for a minute and picture whether such can happen in Europe. My reply is close your eyes and visualize Mubarak at the height of his power/swagger and not of a deceptive old man.
Re: It’s Bad To Put Mubarak In Cage – Obasanjo (fear Dey Catch Dem Small Small) by folahann(m): 10:35am On Aug 06, 2011
I just hope a worse one happens to Ghadaffi when they finally oust him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Name The Criminals' - National Assembly Spokesperson To OBJ / Corruption Must Be Fought Like Jihad – Magu / Pmb's Independence Day Speech: An International Embarassment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.