Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,651 members, 7,820,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable (26855 Views)

Flashback: Education Is Not For The Poor; Peter Obi / Presidency Source Lied — Azura $1.2bn Deal Was Signed In August 2015 - TheCable / Ganduje Moves To Remove Sanusi As Emir Of Kano - Thecable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by Starz825(m): 10:43am On Aug 15, 2022
XerXers:
Anambra people are not poor neither do they ask for free education. What they ask for is quality education and they can pay for it
So na everybody for Anambra rich?? cheesy....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by Owopariola001: 10:46am On Aug 15, 2022
4teenblaq:

Already going off track as usual, stick to the discussion please.. You are now bring tax issues here.. Okay you now agreed that it was due to his policy that made Lagos state increase schoof fees? Talking rubbish with confidence.. Please go back and look at the lane you are arguing from before you completely derail from the issue we are discussing.

As I said, this discussion is above your understanding. What is the major way government make money if not through tax? Isn't that why people call government money "tax payers' money?"

As a dumb head, you've quickly forgotten that before BAT, Lagos IGR was around #600m/month. BAT with his innovation and policy revamped the LIRS with Alpha-Beta and today, the state is generating revenue of about #50bn. This is done by ensuring no or fewer people evade taxes including the "untouchables of big men and companies."
If this is not about "tax issue, " I give up on you.

Competency and character my foot.. You and I know that it is only money that is elevating him, the time is coming where all these vague talks of competency of his will fall face down even his money can't save him.. Osun state has served him a warning. Aside Lagos state, we have not seen a competent person he has installed as governor or minister.. All the persons he installed as governor and minister outside Lagos state, have always performed below par and incompetent.. Buhari, fashola(As minister), former Governor of Osun state etc.. It is already showing us that even a worst governor can do well in Lagos state. If he so competent, why has any governor of his not performing well outside Lagos state?

His antecedents speaks for him. You don't need to search deep. A quick google check of Tinubu's accomplishment will do the wonder.

Check this out: it is clearly listed.

https://www.nairaland.com/6959386/list-tinubu-achievements-education-when

I guessed you didn't know all these, between 2011-2021, the school fees have been increased and reduced for like four times..

All through increment and reduction, bring a particular year where LASU fee was greater than ANSU in recent years.

Who goofed? You that is already off track and I was trying to bring you back to the discussion..

I understand the fact that this discussion is above your knowledge.

You haven't answered my question... Give me the fees of LASU when ANSU increased theirs...

I am waiting.

FYI, ANSU increased their school fees in 2011 before LASU did. At that time, LASU fee was around 25k for returning students, while new students pay 65k max.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by zudozz: 11:44am On Aug 15, 2022
Now I know why they say Obedients are violent.

Its because the oppositions are just talking nonsense. They dont even talk or reason like normal human beings. I wonder if its human beings thinking and talking like this in this present Nigeria? Shame on all of you and your families. And may your suffering never end!

Too bad!
Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by OkoRemi2023(m): 11:49am On Aug 15, 2022
sirfemoz:

Are you trying to compare Obi's performance interms of education with that of Tinubu? Cos doing that, you will end up making Tinubu loose more points.

In Lagos, private schools thrive more than government owned schools. No wonder basic education is more expensive in Lagos. For private schools to be almost everywhere in lagos state, means he didn't invest well on government owned schools.

Again, you and your family may have benefited so much from Tinubu, but Aso rock wasn't designed for rewarding individuals or for compensation.

list obi performance in terms of education in Anambra state, a period kids were withdrawn from school, many wards turns to beggars and others were sent to do boy boy work in lagos and across Nigerians

you must think you're talking to your fellow illiterates

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by ShaqFu: 12:00pm On Aug 15, 2022
With that kind of statement, if ever Peter Obi is elected president, he might tell Nigerians to start paying for the air we breathe. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by Abelino(m): 12:00pm On Aug 15, 2022
He will make life more easier than Buhari and your pay master Bat
OnionBandit:
He also increased the tuition fee of Anambla state university

https://myschool.ng/news/letter-to-gov-peter-obi-as-ansu-increases-school-fees-to-n230000-16219?qtid=27715

Just read the comments in the link above to know how the people of Anambra felt when he increased the fees. When confronted, obi said education is not for the poor. This is the same man IPOB wants to sell to Nigerians.

I need the Zombidients to come and tell us how this man will make life easy for the poor who are in the majority.

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by ShaqFu: 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2022
zudozz:
Now I know why they say Obedients are violent.

Its because the oppositions are just talking nonsense. They dont even talk or reason like normal human beings. I wonder if its human beings thinking and talking like this in this present Nigeria? Shame on all of you and your families. And may your suffering never end!

Too bad!
what is nonsense about this thread and the statement Obi made?

1 Like

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by harmargedon: 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2022
Mitsurugi:

Oga even Tinubu increased LASU fees. It has nothing to do with good or bad. Governance is about tough decisions without sentiment. Sentiment is the reason we are paying for subsidy which is now a national monumental fraud.
no, being considerate is what matters. How do people who have gotten to 400 level cope with the increment. It's not about sentiment, but making the right decisions when necessary. Obi isn't a saint, if eventually he wins, I'll quote you a year after.
Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by maasoap(m): 12:59pm On Aug 15, 2022
Eriokanmi:
What's your point exactly? School fees increased from how much to how much exactly? Can you tell? Claiming he increased school fees isn't enough. Did you know the performance of Anambra state schools in waec when Obi was in office? Do you know the caliber of teachers he recruited? You're supposed to also tell us how much did he increase the money to. But I already know what you're driving at. If you like, waste 50gig daily spreading propaganda against obi. It wouldn't change anything. On Obi's mandate we stand.

Story for the gods. The basic truth is that his education policy threw many students from poor homes out of school. And the truth is that Obi is not for the masses, never was, never will be.
Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by lambsbread: 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2022
ribbit:
typical zombidient.

The question you failed to answer is, did obi make the statement or not..
Also where are your proofs that the web was created in 2013? Even though the website didn't even claim the story was breaking new the time it was posted.

But I expect brainless zombidient not to know what that means
In an age of information, I should tell you how to know when a website domain was registered? Are you kidding me? No wonder you swallow every rotten information that comes your way. Very typical of BATstard urchins.

And you want me to disprove what has not been proven. Lazy people. The best your lots can do is to go and look for another website to manipulate the backend so that dullards like you can masturbate on.

1 Like

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by badumjoy: 1:16pm On Aug 15, 2022
2023: Fulani group disowns Miyetti Allah’s statement on Obi
By Kanayo Umeh, Abuja
15 August 2022 | 11:47 am

Peter Obi. Photo/FACEBOOK /Atiku.org

A Fulani group, Coalition of Fulbe Professionals in Africa (COFPIA), has distanced itself from a statement authored by one Alhasan Salah, National Secretary of Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, claiming to be against the candidature of former Anambra State governor and the candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, in the 2023 presidential election.

COFPIA enjoined Nigerians to disregard any statement from Miyetti Allah Kauta Hore, saying the group did not speak for Fulani ethnic group or represent the Fulani in any way.

Alhasan, who is the National Secretary of Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, the most controversial Fulani group in Nigeria,had in an interview with a national paper,said the Fulani nation would not support the candidature of Obi,who is contesting the 2023 presidential election under the Labour Party.

Alhasan had described Mr Peter Obi not only as a tribal bigot but also as someone who hates the North and by extension the Fulani tribe.

He said the leadership of the group has instructed every Fulani in the country not to vote for Mr Peter Obi, because açcording to him,”Obi is a tribal bigot and represents the Biafran interest which would not favour the Fulani nation in Nigeria.”

The National Secretary-General of the Fulani socio-cultural group,had noted that “as far as Miyetti Allah is concerned, Obi is out of the options of persons to be voted for in the forthcoming elections.”

“As far as we are concerned, we know those we cannot vote for. You see one that they call Obi or OBIdient, any Fulani man who votes for him must be questioned because he may not be a true son of the soil.

“Obi represents the Biafran interest. So, we know those we cannot vote for and those that cannot be president of Nigeria. He is a tribal bigot,” he said.

Alhassan claimed that when Obi was the governor of Anambra State, he “”destroyed the businesses of northerners and chased plenty Hausa and Fulani people from entering Anambra.”

But the Fulani group, operating under the umbrella of Coalition of Fulbe Professionals in Africa, picked hole in Alhasan’s claim.

The Fulbe professional group,in a statement signed by Prof. Mohammed Gidado,its National President and Hajiya Mairo Modibo,National Secretary, respectively, said while it acknowledged the group’s right to freedom of expression and opinion, it would “remind them that they don’t have the right to speak for the entire Fulani in Nigeria, especially when they have not lived up to expectations.”

In a statement to this effect, COFPIA said Fulbe people all over Nigeria “will not be binded by that politically sponsored statement of Miyetti Allah.”

“The Fulbe all over Nigeria will not be binded by that politically sponsored statement of Miyetti Allah anymore.

“The Fulani people are wise now and cannot be used as tools of extortion and religious sentiment any more. We will enlighten our people to vote for competence and capacity come 2023. We will never vote for any candidate who has nothing to offer. We have gone far beyond religious and ethnic sentiments.

“We will vote for a president that will tackle poverty, and acute hunger that have held our people hostage for so long. We will vote for a president that will fight insecurity with every commitment and unbiased mind, no matter who is in involved,” the statement read.

The group said,” Our respected tribal group, Miyette Allah,should channel their campaign to redeem the bad image they have created for Fulani people in Nigeria rather than casting aspersions on Peter Obi, who has demonstrated capacity to rescue Nigeria from the current hopelessness.”

“We wish to also make it categorically clear that we have not endorsed Peter Obi or any presidential candidate in the forth coming general elections and we are not Peter Obi’s mouthpiece, but it’s wrong for our people to continue to brand Peter Obi as a tribal bigot and that he doesn’t like the North,”the group said.

COFPIA said ” available data has shown Peter Obi as an ardent nationalist that believes in the unity of Nigeria.”

“We, therefore, call on our brothers in the Miyetti Allah Kauta Hore, to only speak for their group, rather than misleading Nigerians that they are speaking for the entire Fulani people.

“They lack the moral, spiritual, and religious rights to speak for the entire Fulani people in Nigeria, especially when they have reduced themselves to tribal bigots that has no regards for other tribes and faiths,” the group said.

Açcording to COFPIA, “Nigerians have taken position in the forth coming Election to vote for the best man for the job and cannot be distracted by any selfish agenda and blackmail.”

“As campaigns start, we shall mobilize and enlighten Fulani young and old to every ruga’s and town to sensitize our people so as not to be deceived by Miyetti Allah, Kauta Hore and its like.”
Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by sirfemoz(m): 1:24pm On Aug 15, 2022
OkoRemi2023:

list obi performance in terms of education in Anambra state, a period kids were withdrawn from school, many wards turns to beggars and others were sent to do boy boy work in lagos and across Nigerians

you must think you're talking to your fellow illiterates

I bet you have never been to Anambra state before. No need to list them cos you will still doubt and argue it. But my question remains, if Tinubu performed so well in education, why do we have several private school in lagos? Parents even prefer the private schools than government owned schools. Go to Anambra, parents take pride in sending their wards to government owned schools than private ones.

1 Like

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by ribbit: 1:41pm On Aug 15, 2022
lambsbread:

In an age of information, I should tell you how to know when a website domain was registered? Are you kidding me? No wonder you swallow every rotten information that comes your way. Very typical of BATstard urchins.

And you want me to disprove what has not been proven. Lazy people. The best your lots can do is to go and look for another website to manipulate the backend so that dullards like you can masturbate on.
facepalm

Screen shot the details here as proof.

Werey dey lie.

The ediot doesn't even the person he is talking to.

Go through my posts and see what I do..

I want you to use your hand to finish yourself.. omo ale oniro.
Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by lambsbread: 2:14pm On Aug 15, 2022
ribbit:
facepalm

Screen shot the details here as proof.

Werey dey lie.

The ediot doesn't even the person he is talking to.

Go through my posts and see what I do..

I want you to use your hand to finish yourself.. omo ale oniro.
There's no proof as valid as the one you find out yourself. Ogbeni, don't be lazy we are in an age of information. I want to also use this opportunity to train you in line of finding things out yourself than swallowing whatever information that suits your preconceived ideas. We are in digital age, and I don't think you trust me enough not to manipulate whatever proof that you want to see. So go find out yourself. It's not rocket science.
Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by etrange: 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2022
rusher14:
Watch how all of them would claim there's nothing wrong with what he said.
OnionBandit:
cheesy cheesy grin

You Sabi them wella.

Where exactly did he say education is not for the poor. I didn't see it in the write-up. Do you have a link, please?
Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by pegix(m): 2:20pm On Aug 15, 2022
4teenblaq:
So you mean that was how he lifted Anambra being 26th in education to number one??

I think I like this negativity of his impact.

Una go finally rest!

See the author of the write up. A Yoruba and obviously I won't be surprised if he happens to be a pro-tinubu.

Also if you want to talk about school fees increment.. This is LASU
looking for People tribal name to accuse them.is a show of gross stupidity, bigotry and foolishness
Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by ribbit: 2:54pm On Aug 15, 2022
lambsbread:

There's no proof as valid as the one you find out yourself. Ogbeni, don't be lazy we are in an age of information. I want to also use this opportunity to train you in line of finding things out yourself than swallowing whatever information that suits your preconceived ideas. We are in digital age, and I don't think you trust me enough not to manipulate whatever proof that you want to see. So go find out yourself. It's not rocket science.
ediot I said what you said is incorrect

Provide proof here..

Lying sob

If you are a zombidient, you must lie.

1 Like

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by OkoRemi2023(m): 3:08pm On Aug 15, 2022
sirfemoz:

I bet you have never been to Anambra state before. No need to list them cos you will still doubt and argue it. But my question remains, if Tinubu performed so well in education, why do we have several private school in lagos? Parents even prefer the private schools than government owned schools. Go to Anambra, parents take pride in sending their wards to government owned schools than private ones.

you're a big fooool, I served at Akaboukwu in Nnewi north LGA, toured almost all the LGA of anambra state but this your mumu Obi did nothing for this people

no good roads
erosion
no free education
health workers on strike
Igbo youths lives were all in danger in Anambra among others

talking about private schools, a village in Anambra have four to five private schools, you should even be ashamed if there can't be private schools, it show the level of poverty rate from educational businessmen to the average parents

but you people want him to replicate such in national level, anyway your Peter obi becoming Nigeria president remained igbo myth because that regional candidate of yours is going no where

don't let me wound with facts because Peter obi atrocities were all exposed to me by kinsmen while serving in Anambra
Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by Flyingngel(m): 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2022
ImperialYoruba post:

Cable will say that, it is a disclaimer to remain independent, does not indicate story is untrue.

Obi's motto is Go and verify. Well, people went after the facts and verified that Obi lied.

If he knows what he says has no facts to back it up he should stop telling people to go verify

How did he lied? You people coming up with useless link without solid proof like video or government letter headed paper. Vote your candidate and allow others voter theirs in peace.
Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by sirfemoz(m): 3:18pm On Aug 15, 2022
OkoRemi2023:

you're a big fooool, I served at Akaboukwu in Nnewi north LGA, toured almost all the LGA of anambra state but this your mumu Obi did nothing for this people

no good roads
erosion
no free education
health workers on strike

talking about private schools, a village in Anambra have four to five private schools, you should even be ashamed if there can't be private schools, it show the level of poverty rate from educational businessmen to the average parents

but you people want him to replicate such in national level, anyway your Peter obi becoming Nigeria president remained igbo myth because that regional candidate of yours is going no where

don't let me wound with facts because Peter obi atrocities were all exposed to me by kinsmen while serving in Anambra

Obviously, you have never been to Anambra state. You think sending your kids to private schools represents how wealthy you are? Like I said, you have never been to Anambra state.

1 Like

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by Flyingngel(m): 3:19pm On Aug 15, 2022
OkoRemi2023 post:

no good roads
erosion
no free education
health workers on strike

don't let me wound with facts because Peter obi atrocities were all exposed to me by kinsmen while serving in Anambra.

So you are saying he went there and stay the whole eight years without tarring any road. This is not 2015 or2019 that people use propaganda to win election. No matter what you write people have made up their man either to vote your candidate or another candidate. Only fools will be away by all these lies and crude way of politicking by some of you. But continue.
Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by OkoRemi2023(m): 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2022
sirfemoz:

Obviously, you have never been to Anambra state. You think sending your kids to private schools represents how wealthy you are? Like I said, you have never been to Anambra state.

from otolo to nnewi north LGA, nnewi market, st Mary are all places I always catch my fun

orifte, akabeze are places I visit for weekend, if private schools doesn't represent being wealthy, does it represent being poor?

make use of your brain, is not there for decoration
Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by luluman: 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2022
OnionBandit:
He also increased the tuition fee of Anambla state university

https://myschool.ng/news/letter-to-gov-peter-obi-as-ansu-increases-school-fees-to-n230000-16219?qtid=27715

Just read the comments in the link above to know how the people of Anambra felt when he increased the fees. When confronted, obi said education is not for the poor. This is the same man IPOB wants to sell to Nigerians.

I need the Zombidients to come and tell us how this man will make life easy for the poor who are in the majority.

Yeebos come and defend yourself o

1 Like

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by OkoRemi2023(m): 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2022
Flyingngel:
OkoRemi2023 post:

no good roads
erosion
no free education
health workers on strike

don't let me wound with facts because Peter obi atrocities were all exposed to me by kinsmen while serving in Anambra.

So you are saying he went there and stay the whole eight years without tarring any road. This is not 2015 or2019 that people use propaganda to win election. No matter what you write people have made up their man either to vote your candidate or another candidate. Only fools will be away by all these lies and crude way of politicking by some of you. But continue.

obi did nothing for people of Anambra, they even confirmed it. please list the roads obi constructed for Anambra people?
Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by luluman: 3:24pm On Aug 15, 2022
4teenblaq:
So you mean that was how he lifted Anambra being 26th in education to number one??

I think I like this negativity of his impact.

Una go finally rest!

See the author of the write up. A Yoruba and obviously I won't be surprised if he happens to be a pro-tinubu.

Also if you want to talk about school fees increment.. This is LASU
Your problem is too tribal. Why not focus on convincing Nigerians instead of tribalism?

1 Like

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by 4teenblaq: 3:38pm On Aug 15, 2022
Owopariola001:

As I said, this discussion is above your understanding. What is the major way government make money if not through tax? Isn't that why people call government money "tax payers' money?"

As a dumb head, you've quickly forgotten that before BAT, Lagos IGR was around #600m/month. BAT with his innovation and policy revamped the LIRS with Alpha-Beta and today, the state is generating revenue of about #50bn. This is done by ensuring no or fewer people evade taxes including the "untouchables of big men and companies."
If this is not about "tax issue, " I give up on you.

You need to go back and see how long you have deviated from your ground.

nobody is arguing about LIRS and FIRS not being tax or not being a policy. You are just making up stuff on to have ground in this argument.

I was only saying that it is only when an implementation is not favourable to tinubu character that is when others will be held responsible.. But when any other thing is increasing the IGR then they allude tinubu to it .
You supposed to understand this.. Also you supposed to know that they are other things tinubu should be held responsible for that because is always in charge of the state. If his policy is still working in the state, I don't know why when a bad thing happens they exclude him from it...

Are all these you said even necessary in this argument? you just want to flex how knowledgeable you are and you think I live in a cave or I am like other people you have met, calling them dumb. Maybe it is because of the way I write.. Let me shock you:

1. you claimed Lagos state makes 50bn revenue monthly as of today: I think you should go and update yourself because the last report shows that Lagos state IGR has fallen by180bn and all through last year they never made up 50bn monthly coupled with their ridiculous huge spending.

2. You claimed Lagos rose from 600m/month after BAT to undisclosed amount : you should also know that it is not Only Lagos state had such significant high rise in IGR - states like Rivers, Abuja(FCT), etc had such surge but difference in amount.. Because you can't compare companies and industries in Lagos state to its counterparts. So stop saying it as if it is an innovation or something new. Every Governor that ruled Lagos state had his/her innovative idea that pumped the IGR. Every Governor since inception of Lagos state did well in IGR.. Even Fashola did better than Tinubu in terms of IGR.. So i don't know what you are blabbing about.

3. You talk about Alpha-beta that helps to revamped LIRS. Lol grin obviously you guys are being used to as pawns by the government. Look at the way you defended the alpha-beta as if you know much on it.. Let me tell you this and it left for you to think about it. Truth about this ALPHA BETA, the primary motive about it is not to make sure no one evade tax but Alpha-beta is a consulting firm handling the computation, tracking and reconciliation of Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) in Lagos State in return for a commission. You hear that "commission"!. That is tinubu enriching himself and at the same time deceiving you guys and the same thing because of tribalism and nepostism you guys are blind to see that.

Let me say this and I want you to give me a honest answer : How has this IGR help the lives of the electorates in the state and why is Lagos state still not top 10 ranking cities in Africa with all these IGR? even Abuja is already catching up Lagos in terms of infrastructure why?

His antecedents speaks for him. You don't need to search deep. A quick google check of Tinubu's accomplishment will do the wonder.

Check this out: it is clearly listed.

https://www.nairaland.com/6959386/list-tinubu-achievements-education-when

Also this Peter obi's accomplishment in educational sector : https://www.sunnewsonline.com/educational-development-the-peter-obi-model/

https://dnbstories.com/2022/06/list-of-peter-obis-achievements-in-anambra-as-governor.html

All through increment and reduction, bring a particular year where LASU fee was greater than ANSU in recent years.

I understand the fact that this discussion is above your knowledge.

FYI, ANSU increased their school fees in 2011 before LASU did. At that time, LASU fee was around 25k for returning students, while new students pay 65k max.

Everything is always within your knowledge..
Why not tell us the school fees of ANSU then!

Okay let me tell you, it was 30-36k.. The way you were even debating it, it was as if they were paying 100k plus.

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by Flyingngel(m): 3:41pm On Aug 15, 2022
OkoRemi2023 post:

obi did nothing for people of Anambra, they even confirmed it. please list the roads obi constructed for Anambra people?

Hahaha, he didn't construct any road ooo. Infact he went there and sleep for eight years, even to pay salary was a problem. Are you happy now. Vote your candidate while others do theirs. The roads he constructed is all all social media and Google, I can't help you to do what is very easy. Like I said, this is not 2015 or 2019 where humans lied severely against GEJ and people were mislead, as at today many people have seen through such propaganda and no matter the propaganda, you will realise that at the end of the day, it is only like minds that will fall. So like I said do onto others what you wish others do unto you. People destroy other people reputation all because of politics but when it comes back to bite them many years ahead, they will be shouting. Remember politics will not be everyday, treat others the way you want others treat you.

1 Like

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by PharmacyStore: 4:08pm On Aug 15, 2022
Oh wow, we have heard
Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by Owopariola001: 4:42pm On Aug 15, 2022
4teenblaq:

You need to go back and see how long you have deviated from your ground.

nobody is arguing about LIRS and FIRS not being tax or not being a policy. You are just making up stuff on to have ground in this argument.

I was only saying that it is only when an implementation is not favourable to tinubu character that is when others will be held responsible.. But when any other thing is increasing the IGR then they allude tinubu to it .
You supposed to understand this.. Also you supposed to know that they are other things tinubu should be held responsible for that because is always in charge of the state. If his policy is still working in the state, I don't know why when a bad thing happens they exclude him from it...

Okay. How does increment in salary by Fashola Administration a part of BAT policy?

Because my first comment on this topic is that 2011 when this increment was made, Tinubu was no longer the Governor then.

Are all these you said even necessary in this argument? you just want to flex how knowledgeable you are and you think I live in a cave or I am like other people you have met, calling them dumb. Maybe it is because of the way I write.. Let me shock you:

1. you claimed Lagos state makes 50bn revenue monthly as of today: I think you should go and update yourself because the last report shows that Lagos state IGR has fallen by180bn and all through last year they never made up 50bn monthly coupled with their ridiculous huge spending.

That was yearly projection, it is called target. Lagos state targeted around N723.8 billion at a rate of #60bn per month in 2021, but NBS result showed they were generating about N44.5 billion/month in the first half of the 2021 year.

And like I said, "around #50bn" it can't be constant every month.

In fact the year 2022 target is above #900bn.

2. You claimed Lagos rose from 600m/month after BAT to undisclosed amount : you should also know that it is not Only Lagos state had such significant high rise in IGR - states like Rivers, Abuja(FCT), etc had such surge but difference in amount.. Because you can't compare companies and industries in Lagos state to its counterparts. So stop saying it as if it is an innovation or something new. Every Governor that ruled Lagos state had his/her innovative idea that pumped the IGR. Every Governor since inception of Lagos state did well in IGR.. Even Fashola did better than Tinubu in terms of IGR.. So i don't know what you are blabbing about.

When will you stick to Tinubu's administrations and his policies that still exist till today?

3. You talk about Alpha-beta that helps to revamped LIRS. Lol grin obviously you guys are being used to as pawns by the government. Look at the way you defended the alpha-beta as if you know much on it.. Let me tell you this and it left for you to think about it. Truth about this ALPHA BETA, the primary motive about it is not to make sure no one evade tax but Alpha-beta is a consulting firm handling the computation, tracking and reconciliation of Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) in Lagos State in return for a commission. You hear that "commission"!. That is tinubu enriching himself and at the same time deceiving you guys and the same thing because of tribalism and nepostism you guys are blind to see that.

If you had studied Economics in senior secondary school, you'll know that "commission" is not a new thing, it is normal.

Let me say this and I want you to give me a honest answer : How has this IGR help the lives of the electorates in the state and why is Lagos state still not top 10 ranking cities in Africa with all these IGR? even Abuja is already catching up Lagos in terms of infrastructure why?

You should go and watch the recent interview of Sanwo-Olu on Channels Tv. You'll understand better. Don't just assume.

Also this Peter obi's accomplishment in educational sector : https://www.sunnewsonline.com/educational-development-the-peter-obi-model/

https://dnbstories.com/2022/06/list-of-peter-obis-achievements-in-anambra-as-governor.html

Can you please compare the two achievements, and judge who is better?

Everything is always within your knowledge..
Why not tell us the school fees of ANSU then!

Okay let me tell you, it was 30-36k.. The way you were even debating it, it was as if they were paying 100k plus.

Oya tell us yourself, is LASU fee still not cheaper compared to ANSU?

Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by lambsbread: 5:21pm On Aug 15, 2022
ribbit:
ediot I said what you said is incorrect

Provide proof here..

Lying sob

If you are a zombidient, you must lie.
Suit yourself bro. You're mentally lazy for me to engage you. I don't owe you any proof. You can masturbate on your falsehood.
Re: Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable by ribbit: 5:25pm On Aug 15, 2022
lambsbread:

Suit yourself bro. You're mentally lazy for me to engage you. I don't owe you any proof. You can masturbate on your falsehood.
you have been caught lying

Go and lie no more..

I doubt though.. being a zombidientt, liying comes naturally to you.

I doubt if you are not a thief like obi.
If you lie, you must steal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hafsat Sanusi Lamido Graduates With Masters Degree From London University / IPOB Women Disrupt 'Handshake Across The Niger' Summit In Enugu. Photos/Video / Obi May Win Popular Vote, Lose National Spread, Then What? By Farooq Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.