Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? (9284 Views)

What Is Electricity Supply In Your Neighborhood Like? / Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? / Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by TolaniLuv: 10:56am On Aug 15, 2022
wonseun:

Which side in ikorodu?please

Odungunyan ! We have light almost everyday. Thanks to Lagos state

1 Like

Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by labeerson: 11:00am On Aug 15, 2022
Born2conquer:
Abeokuta, SAJE/ELEGA

once in 2 months
I am surprised at people"s comment here. In Asero Abeokuta, we normally have light at most 2hours in 3days. Still don't understand Abeokuta's problem with PHCN

1 Like

Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by BalticGold: 11:03am On Aug 15, 2022
In the part of Delta State where l stay, for some months we don't see light at All. Yet they brought bill last month and people refuse to pay the bill.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by tonididdy(m): 11:06am On Aug 15, 2022
shocked
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by tonididdy(m): 11:08am On Aug 15, 2022
KushLyon:
We have been begging them over here to take this light since yesterday, how light go just dey since 9am yesterday till now and e no even blink once?? For this Naija? By 9am today it will complete 24 hours and dem never take light. I dey sure say dem don already give us all the light for this week like this, once dem take am na till next Sunday before we go see light again grin

Ps: I'm in Benin City
I believe you live at airport road axis/ extension grin
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by 2023NaijaVoter: 11:09am On Aug 15, 2022
Reflect7:

EUROPE IS DESPERATE FOR NIGERIAN GAS SUPPLIES. THIS MEANS THAT ALL SORTS OF FUNDS AND ASSISTANCE ARE POURING IN AS WE SPEAK, WITH MORE TO COME IN THE YEARS AHEAD.

EUROPE KNOWS THAT FOR NIGERIA TO BE A RELIABLE SUPPLIER OF GAS TO THAT CONTINENT, SHE MUST BE RELIEVED OF HER DEVELOPMENTAL PROBLEMS, AND BE ALLOWED TO DEVELOP RAPIDLY ECONOMICALLY AND AND INFRASTRUCTURE-WISE.

THAT IS WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW.

THOSE WHO KNOW, KNOW.

ALSO, WATCH AS BANDITRY, BOKO HARAM, KIDNAPPING ETC, ALL REDUCE DRASTICALLY IN THE WEEKS AND MONTHS AND YEARS AHEAD.

YOU WILL KNOW THAT THEY HAVE BEEN THE ONES REMOTELY SPONSORING ALL THESE WOES IN NIGERIA, BUT NOW THAT THEY NEED NIGERIA TO WORK, WATCH NIGERIA WORK.

READ THIS TO UNDERSTAND BETTER:

Nigeria: An emerging strategic partner to Europe’s energy transition
https://globalriskinsights.com/2022/08/nigeria-an-emerging-strategic-partner-to-europes-energy-transition/

Kudos, you have spoken very well. Very few see the big picture as you have eloquently expressed in your post.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by iamrealdeji(m): 11:32am On Aug 15, 2022
29kobo:

It costs far more than ten billion dollars to fix the power sector.

Also big capitalists benefit more from power being steady than they do now..even adenuga and dangote.

Lack of adequate financing is what is causing most issues
Are you saying Dangote would be as rich as the Bill Gates and Elon Musks if our power steady. He was once the 2nd richest in Africa and Middle East amidst our unsteady power supply and you said he would benefit more from power being steady. Adenuga owns conoil and Dangote according to some sources is a giant generator importer,even if that's not so,he has his way of benefitting from this blackout if he deals in oil. Don't try to paint our capitalists like angels,they're the biggest problem we are facing and they're mafia that are well connected to politicians and influence them to rule us this way

1 Like

Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by GindoX(m): 11:41am On Aug 15, 2022
Mynd44:
I am completely off-grid so I wouldn't know

Confirmed!
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by iamrealdeji(m): 11:43am On Aug 15, 2022
TolaniLuv:

We ain't talking about Tinubu's endorsement here,we are talking about light in your area.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by TolaniLuv: 11:47am On Aug 15, 2022
iamrealdeji:
We ain't talking about Tinubu's endorsement here,we are talking about light in your area.

It’s like something is wrong with your head ? Did I mention Tinubu?

I said Lagos state is working. And Tinubu is not even Lagos state governor. Mumu omo ale! No support your own deh find help outside
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 15, 2022
iamrealdeji:
Are you saying Dangote would be as rich as the Bill Gates and Elon Musks if our power steady. He was once the 2nd richest in Africa and Middle East amidst our unsteady power supply and you said he would benefit more from power being steady. Adenuga owns conoil and Dangote according to some sources is a giant generator importer,even if that's not so,he has his way of benefitting from this blackout if he deals in oil. Don't try to paint our capitalists like angels,they're the biggest problem we are facing and they're mafia that are well connected to politicians and influence them to rule us this way

I am telling you that if power was steady, Dangote and adenuga would benefit more. Far more.

Or have you forgotten that Dangote has cement and sugar factories that can benefit from stable power? Adenuga has telecoms that spend billions on generator to power the network?

Have you forgotten that most capitalists in this country are tired of throwing away billions on generator set? Or you think they get the diesel they used to run their generators for free? Diesel whose price has quadruple in the last one year?

If power is steady they will not only benefit, they will even expand their business well well.

I work for a private concern. One year we were spending so much on generator that they were low-key telling us to conserve power, or else.. cheesy
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by meedoLock(m): 11:52am On Aug 15, 2022
I won't lie, it's been great, my girlfriend was around me over the weekend, and it all looked like I had a standby power gen to supplement if light was taken, but we didn't even need to do that. The stability of light is awesome. But come to think of it, it feel weird because our suppliers has succeeded in making it look like a big deal to us.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 15, 2022
Mynd44:
I am completely off-grid so I wouldn't know
How many girls come to charge their phones in your house daily.

You must be really getting free Kpekus on a platter of gold.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2022
GardenOfGod:
APC in 2015 promised a 24/7 steady power supply. So by now no one should complain about that especially those who voted them in, and still desire to vote for them next year.
In Jos, it is like 22hours at least
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by KushLyon(m): 12:44pm On Aug 15, 2022
tonididdy:

I believe you live at airport road axis/ extension grin

Not at all o, I stay around New Benin market. They usually allocate light to us at specific hours of the day. They brought it by 9am yesterday and were suppose to off it by 4pm but till now it's still on
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by Born2conquer: 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2022
labeerson:

I am surprised at people"s comment here. In Asero Abeokuta, we normally have light at most 2hours in 3days. Still don't understand Abeokuta's problem with PHCN
2hrs in 3days?? Omooor you dey enjoy o
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by Emu4life(m): 2:12pm On Aug 15, 2022
Born2conquer:
2hrs in 3days?? Omooor you dey enjoy o

Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by nihinlade(m): 3:11pm On Aug 15, 2022
We have been having enough electricity in my area. Sometimes between 18 to 22hrs per day or even more.

This shows that 24/7 power supply is possible, we only have wicked and selfish leaders.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by ShaqFu: 3:46pm On Aug 15, 2022
18 to 20 hours a day.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by tonididdy(m): 4:33pm On Aug 15, 2022
KushLyon:

Not at all o, I stay around New Benin market. They usually allocate light to us at specific hours of the day. They brought it by 9am yesterday and were suppose to off it by 4pm but till now it's still on
Since obaseki commissioned the gas power plant, Edo light improved.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by wonseun(m): 10:10pm On Aug 15, 2022
TolaniLuv:

Omo..See enjoyment
Na Igbogbo I dey.
Our light is not regular
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by PumpumPrince: 3:55pm On Aug 16, 2022
MufasaLion:

Ah! Sufferness.

ok So u use candle...in 2022...correct?...how do u expet to shase babes? undecided
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by EmiDior(m): 4:59pm On Aug 16, 2022
BenDo63:
How many girls come to charge their phones in your house daily.
You must be really getting free Kpekus on a platter of gold.
typicall example of a failure
Kpekus is the only thing u have in mind
He-g0at!!!

1 Like

Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by okeke6969: 6:38am On Aug 29, 2022
Sheriman:

Sagamu with its dirty environment and smelly blocked gutter everywhere. Can't stay in that town for a day! Tueh!!!!
it depends on the location. Tell me where there is no dirty in Nigeria.
You talk as if you live in Rwanda.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by okeke6969: 6:38am On Aug 29, 2022
Sheriman:

Sagamu with its dirty environment and smelly blocked gutter everywhere. Can't stay in that town for a day! Tueh!!!!
it depends on the location. Tell me where there is no dirt in Nigeria.
You talk as if you live in Rwanda.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by okeke6969: 11:06am On Jan 20, 2023
Sheriman:

Lol!! Check who is talking, he or she may be living in the slum of Maroko. Oniranu somebody.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by Sheriman(m): 11:44am On Jan 20, 2023
okeke6969:

Lol!! Check who is talking, he or she may be living in the slum of Maroko. Oniranu somebody.
Thank you for the insults I really appreciate this. You must be Agbadolites or Mikano boys
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by BalticGold: 9:15pm On Feb 03, 2023
No light in the part of Delta where l stay, some times for straight 3 months no light.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Of The Deadliest Nuclear Weapons / Kidnapped Tegina Islamic School Pupils Finally Released After 88 Days / Rare Picture Of Tinubu Relaxing With His Cigarette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.