Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,532 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

How To Get Pregnant With Twins, Triplets, Quadruplets Etc - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Get Pregnant With Twins, Triplets, Quadruplets Etc (628 Views)

US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) / I’m Pregnant With Twins And The Father Doesn’t Want Them. / IVF Nigerian Babies: Twins, Triplets, Quadruplets (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Pregnant With Twins, Triplets, Quadruplets Etc by Treshmike(m): 7:35am On Aug 15, 2022
I consider multiple birth a huge blessing and I have always been searching for ways to influence it. Giving birth to twins or multiple births saves you from the stress of several pregnancies. Apart from this, twins are usually adorable.
From my research and knowledge in Human Anatomy, I have discovered that you can actually increase your chances of conceiving twins. Before I share this, let's review the formation of twins.

There are two kinds of twins

1. Identical twins
2. Fraternal twins

They are not formed the same way.

Identical twins are formed when the ovary releases one egg into the fallopian tube. This egg is then fertilized by a sperm cell to form a zygote. On its way to the womb to get implanted, the zygote splits into two giving rise to identical twins. Identical twins are also called Monozygotic twins because they are formed from one zygote.

Fraternal twins are formed when the ovary releases two eggs instead of one into the fallopian tube. The eggs are then fertilized by two sperm cells to form two different zygotes.
These zygotes move to the womb, get implanted and grow up to become fraternal twins. Fraternal twins are also called Dizygotic twins because they are formed from two different zygotes.

Finally, multiple births such as triplets, quadruplets etc can be identical, fraternal or mixture of both.

In summary;
To conceive identical twins, you need a mechanism that will cause the zygote to split into two after fertilization.

To conceive fraternal twins, you need a mechanism that will cause the ovary to release two eggs instead of one into fallopian tube.

Here are 6 things you can do to increase your chances of conceiving twins:

1. Age
Older women have greater chances of conceiving twins. You are more likely to conceive twins if you wait till 35 years or more.

2. Fertility drugs
There are drugs that can stimulate your ovary to release multiple eggs during ovulation. Discuss with a doctor if you want these drugs.

3. IVF
Invitro fertilization is a service rendered to couples who are unable to conceive naturally. It can be due to inability of the man to release viable sperm cells or inability of the woman to ovulate.
During the procedure, sperm cells are extracted from the man while egg cells are extracted from the woman. The sperm cells are then used to externally fertilize the eggs in a test tube to form a zygote. Once the zygote grows into an embryo, it is then manually implanted into the womb. If you need twins, you can tell them to implant two embryos instead of one.

Other factors that can increase your chances of having twins include:

4. Being a twin

5. Coming from a family of twins

6. Marrying a twin

Thank you for reading.
I also made a YouTube video on it.

Find it here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORb7pQ83MLA
Re: How To Get Pregnant With Twins, Triplets, Quadruplets Etc by fvck(m): 7:38am On Aug 15, 2022
Not bad
Re: How To Get Pregnant With Twins, Triplets, Quadruplets Etc by BirtherOfKings(f): 8:46am On Aug 15, 2022
What a confident man to take up the responsibility of plenty human beings at once..na u deserve MVP cheesy wink wink smiley wink smiley
Re: How To Get Pregnant With Twins, Triplets, Quadruplets Etc by BMathew: 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2022
Re: How To Get Pregnant With Twins, Triplets, Quadruplets Etc by BMathew: 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2022
Thumbs up

(1) (Reply)

I Need Somebody To Teach Me A Genuine Side Hustle. / True Life Story: Should L Tell My Wife The Real Reason For Our Childlessness? / I Need Used Household And Office Items To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.