Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

"We Have Repented, Forgive Us'’ – Insurgents Beg Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We Have Repented, Forgive Us'’ – Insurgents Beg Nigerians (149 Views)

Alleged Corruption: Adamu Others Have Repented - Garba Shehu Replies PDP / Banditry: I Killed Over 20, But I Have Repented - Naziru Sani / "Please Forgive Us" - Boko Haram Commanders Beg Nigerians (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"We Have Repented, Forgive Us'’ – Insurgents Beg Nigerians by Racoon(m): 10:45am On Aug 15, 2022
Some repentant insurgents on Saturday begged residents on the streets of Maiduguri, Borno state for forgiveness. The insurgents made the appeal to residents as they carried out sanitation exercises in the communities.

The sanitation exercise was organized by the Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD) in collaboration with the Borno state government. The insurgents had T-shirts with inscriptions that read: ‘Please forgive us’, ‘Let’s rebuild Borno again’, ‘We have repented’.

Mala Mustafa, a CDD staff at the exercise said the sanitation is one of the ways to prepare the insurgents for their reintegration process into the society.

He added that about 400 of the repentant insurgents have been mobilised for the exercise, with fifty of them participating this Saturday for a start in Maiduguri hajj camp.
https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/13/we-have-repented-forgive-us-insurgents-beg-nigerians/

1 Like

Re: "We Have Repented, Forgive Us'’ – Insurgents Beg Nigerians by 2rez: 11:09am On Aug 15, 2022
"Repentant insurgents". What sort of nomenclature is that by the way
Re: "We Have Repented, Forgive Us'’ – Insurgents Beg Nigerians by Typicool8(m): 11:10am On Aug 15, 2022
People that should be sent to meet their ancestors
Re: "We Have Repented, Forgive Us'’ – Insurgents Beg Nigerians by Racoon(m): 11:40am On Aug 15, 2022
How can when known diehard blood shedders and killers ever repent? The only good terrorist is a dead terrorist.
Re: "We Have Repented, Forgive Us'’ – Insurgents Beg Nigerians by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:45am On Aug 15, 2022
Retribution,
Rehabilation,
Deterrent &
Incapacitation.

Every correction centre seek to achieve the above. The Offenders should be given a second chance. But they should be watched , give them zero chance to go back to crime/terrorism. I doubt , cox kidnapping & banditry is a lucrative business in the North.

(1) (Reply)

My Complain To Nairal Land Mod For Not Fair To Me / Hon Emeka Atuma Hosted ,interacted And Demands Support Of Ikwuano Youth Leaders / We Shall Chase Them Away.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.