Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

How I Make Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup With Assorted Meat (Photos,Video) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How I Make Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup With Assorted Meat (Photos,Video) (29048 Views)

Bayelsa Residents Kill Crocodile, Share The Meat (Photos) / Four Days Without Meat, God Blessed Me With Monitor Lizard Meat (Photos) / Man In Owerri Who Sells Crocodile Meat - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Make Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup With Assorted Meat (Photos,Video) by Francis95(m): 7:18pm On Aug 25, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Lalasticlala, bitter leaf soup is ready. Have you eaten it before?
This video shows that, if one can cook oha soup then he or she can prepare onugbu soup as well, and that's really cool. Their's no difference between this video and that of your oha soup video. The only difference is the onugbu leaf you added. I will be trying this out next week. I need you to guide me on the onugbu part. As an Anambra boi, I love onugbu leaf very long
Re: How I Make Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup With Assorted Meat (Photos,Video) by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:50pm On Aug 25, 2022
My least favourite soup.
Not bad undecided
Re: How I Make Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup With Assorted Meat (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2022
Nikkganc08:

Once I see ur nairaland thread eh...

Chai....!!!

Why would I pass without viewing d video and commenting?

Good food = Good life

Others can come later.

Thank you so much.
Re: How I Make Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup With Assorted Meat (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2022
mannasseh:
you didn't add okpei or ogiri

I did. Ogili Igbo
Re: How I Make Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup With Assorted Meat (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:44pm On Aug 25, 2022
Amos1423:
bittěrleaf in the south south is best prepared with water leaf... you should try the combo! can I get some meat please

Its delicious too, I made a thread of it sometime ago here.

The meat is all yours nah.
Re: How I Make Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup With Assorted Meat (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:49pm On Aug 25, 2022
Francis95:

This video shows that, if one can cook oha soup then he or she can prepare onugbu soup as well, and that's really cool. Their's no difference between this video and that of your oha soup video. The only difference is the onugbu leaf you added. I will be trying this out next week. I need you to guide me on the onugbu part. As an Anambra boi, I love onugbu leaf very long

Yea, you are absolutely correct. The difference between Oha and Onugbu is the leaf. For Oha soup we use Oha leaves and Uziza leaves while for Onugbu soup we use only Onugbu.

You can get the long ones from the market.
Please you might have to wash the Onugbu again and have a taste before adding into the soup, to avoid extra bitter taste.

I will be waiting for the pictures as well.
Thank you so much.
Re: How I Make Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup With Assorted Meat (Photos,Video) by fantasy2018: 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2022
Just remove the ogiri, I will be good.
Re: How I Make Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup With Assorted Meat (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2022
fantasy2018:
Just remove the ogiri, I will be good.

Why, that's the signature of the soup nah
Re: How I Make Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup With Assorted Meat (Photos,Video) by Alusiizizi(m): 9:18pm On Aug 25, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
In this cook with me video, I showed how to make bitter leaf soup that you can't get over with.

Bitter leaf soup known as Ofe Onugbu, mainly for the indigenous people from the south eastern part of Nigeria, is one soup that is very healthy due to the vegetable used which is called bitter leaf.

It's healthy, nutritious and very delicious, let's cook together.

Ingredients used:

Beef
Assorted meat (Offal)
Kpomo
Bitter leaf
Ede (Cocoyam)
Ogiri Igbo
Yellow and red peppers
Crayfish
Palm oil
Stock fish
Dry catfish
Seasoning cubes
Salt to taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o5P9z28B-8

From the way you ground up the bitter leaf I can tell that you are Esan. Real(Igbo) Ofe Onugbu contains near-whole bitter-leafs.
Re: How I Make Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup With Assorted Meat (Photos,Video) by anyilalaz: 9:31pm On Aug 25, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Lalasticlala, bitter leaf soup is ready. Have you eaten it before?

Lalasticala, don't enjoy any bitter leaf soup without snake meat. Remove the beef and add snake.
Re: How I Make Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup With Assorted Meat (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:39pm On Aug 25, 2022
anyilalaz:

Lalasticala, don't enjoy any bitter leaf soup without snake meat. Remove the beef and add snake.

No snake inside my pot oooo. I reject cool

1 Like

Re: How I Make Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup With Assorted Meat (Photos,Video) by Litmus: 10:34pm On Aug 25, 2022
Nigeria or ethnic nationalities of Nigeria need to document their foods and any documentable aspects of thire culture. At the very least, culture is increasingly capital.

Currently Nigeria is hamoraging culture to Africa. In other words, Africa Nations are adopting Nigeria stuff and passing it off as theres. They don't give credit.
Re: How I Make Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup With Assorted Meat (Photos,Video) by Francis95(m): 11:13pm On Aug 25, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Yea, you are absolutely correct. The difference between Oha and Onugbu is the leaf. For Oha soup we use Oha leaves and Uziza leaves while for Onugbu soup we use only Onugbu.

You can get the long ones from the market.
Please you might have to wash the Onugbu again and have a taste before adding into the soup, to avoid extra bitter taste.

I will be waiting for the pictures as well.
Thank you so much.

Sure. Alright noted.
Thanks for all you do

1 Like

Re: How I Make Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup With Assorted Meat (Photos,Video) by alexiii: 12:32am On Aug 26, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
In this cook with me video, I showed how to make bitter leaf soup that you can't get over with.

Bitter leaf soup known as Ofe Onugbu, mainly for the indigenous people from the south eastern part of Nigeria, is one soup that is very healthy due to the vegetable used which is called bitter leaf.

It's healthy, nutritious and very delicious, let's cook together.

Ingredients used:

Beef
Assorted meat (Offal)
Kpomo
Bitter leaf
Ede (Cocoyam)
Ogiri Igbo
Yellow and red peppers
Crayfish
Palm oil
Stock fish
Dry catfish
Seasoning cubes
Salt to taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o5P9z28B-8
there is nothing like asorted meat.stop giving yourself reasons to bring in diseases
Re: How I Make Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup With Assorted Meat (Photos,Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:49am On Aug 26, 2022
Alusiizizi:

From the way you ground up the bitter leaf I can tell that you are Esan. Real(Igbo) Ofe Onugbu contains near-whole bitter-leafs.

The picture didn't do justice to the end result of the soup. The bitter leaf was long though and much too.
Re: How I Make Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup With Assorted Meat (Photos,Video) by Alusiizizi(m): 1:18pm On Aug 26, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

The picture didn't do justice to the end result of the soup. The bitter leaf was long though and much too.

Ok. Noted.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Make Spaghetti (Delicious Jollof Spaghetti) / Picture Of Jollof Rice Been Cooked By A Nairalander / Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.