Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer (56839 Views)

Rahmon Adedoyin ‘Enjoys VIP Treatment In Detention, Sleeps In Special Quarters’ / Girl Pregnant For Aunt’s Customer In Bayelsa, Sleeps In Uncompleted Building / 16-Year-Old Girl Who Always Sleeps In Class Gets Pregnant In Lagos. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by IzunnaOkafor(m): 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2022
Anambra Millionaire Spotted Sleeping in Coffin After Losing House to Scammer

An Oyo-state based Anambra millionaire, Chief Joel Ubah, has cried out for help from Nigerians and relevant authorities, as his house, worth about N700m was allegedly sold at N10m by scammers.

Chief Ubah, who hails from Nnewi, Anambra State but resident in Oyo State, made the appeal when he was spotted sleeping in a coffin made for sale, a video of which is currently trending online.

When asked why he sleeps inside coffin, Chief Ubah alleged that he was scammed by the Oyo State Judiciary, as they fraudulently sold his house with fifteen documents — a scam, he said, was principally masterminded by a lady who claimed to be the girl friend of the Chief Judge of Oyo State.

He said his plight now is not only that his house was sold, but that his life is also being threatened by some of the people involved in the scam, as he had so far received no fewer than 47 death threats, which he said was the reason he had been sleeping from one coffin to another, for some days now.

“I have been trying to go after these criminals, but they have been threatening my life. Yesterday, I received the 47th death threat. So since, I have been sleeping inside from one coffin to another coffin, since,” he said.

“Nigerians should, please, alert the Inspector General of Police. I wrote a petition to the Inspector General of Police, nothing was done; I wrote to the CJN, they have already replied me, but I'm still waiting for the final report. Nigerians should see that we are finished in this country,” he lamented.

Chief Ubah said that he had also contacted the Oyo State Commissioner of Police, who told him that he was not aware of the scam; and further said he wrote to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) where his petition was hijacked; and wrote to the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) where the ICPC Commissioner, Stephen Pimor, told him to come in as a whistle blower.

“Nigerians where are we heading to? There is insecurity in the country. Nothing is happening in this country. The price of a dollar is almost getting to a thousand naira. I can't feed anymore. But the major thing is why would I be hiding from one coffin to another everyday? ...We are finished in this country. I slept here in this coffin last night. And I have been sleeping in coffin for the past how many days now. Where are we heading to in this country? Please come to my rescue,” he lamentably appealed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thenigerianvoice.com/amp/news/311144/anambra-millionaire-spotted-sleeping-in-coffin-after-losing.html

2 Shares

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by Karemarealty288(m): 6:43pm On Aug 15, 2022
There are three sides of a story, your side , their side and general option. Let us wait for the real story...Billionaire sleeping from coffin to coffin, there is more to it.

114 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by Stayjoyful: 6:43pm On Aug 15, 2022
Why the choice of sleeping in the coffin?

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by gaby(m): 6:57pm On Aug 15, 2022
Nigeria...

An all round comedy central of the world...lol

When you siddon to reason how the next meal wan take show dem go give you one new comedy to forget your hunger... grin

So, of all places to hide from your perceived enemies na coffin you see...wonderful. What an apt resting place.

No worry, that PH pastor OPM or whatever go come to your rescue soon too.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by NuclearWinter: 7:06pm On Aug 15, 2022
Idiot probably bought the land or property itself from scammers and the real owners showed up and instead of him to see how to mitigate the issue , in typical Igbo fashion took the matter to court where the real property owners was revealed.

He isn't serious. He should go and buy a space in the cemetery, have it dug to standard, install a headstone and buy a coffin and relocate to his new permanent abode.

Claiming victimhood as usual.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by YourFavorite21(m): 9:08pm On Aug 15, 2022
Mumu man, you bought a house with fake documents, now your eyes done clear.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by mccloud224(m): 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2022
From his narrative, you can tell HE is @ fault.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by Neddstark: 5:02am On Aug 16, 2022
Losing your entire savings in a scam can spring up mental issues.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by Totilopussylick(m): 10:34am On Aug 16, 2022
Stayjoyful:
Why the choice of sleeping in the coffin?

Another level of yahoo yahoo tongue

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by backtovillage: 11:30am On Aug 16, 2022
Na them grin grin grin
You own 700m house but could not afford a hotel of 3000 per night.
No car to sleep in, no family to visit but you decided to sleep inside coffin.
Ain't mum like d rest

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by Mokason288(m): 2:08pm On Aug 16, 2022
backtovillage:
Na them grin grin grin
You own 700m house but could not afford a hotel of 3000 per night.
No car to sleep in, no family to visit but you decided to sleep inside coffin.
Ain't mum like d rest
How old are you?

Do you even know how to read?

9 Likes

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by BluntCrazeMan: 2:08pm On Aug 16, 2022
Ok naa
Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by Hndrrxxx(m): 2:09pm On Aug 16, 2022
Devil steady hit, tryna make a deal with him grin grin

Ain’t no deal feel like he’s going crazy cuz it must have took a lot to get him here

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by Lovenorth: 2:09pm On Aug 16, 2022
K

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by DSC7: 2:09pm On Aug 16, 2022
What made him a millionaire? undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by Jahzrockballer(m): 2:09pm On Aug 16, 2022
Omo

1 Like

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by pyyxxaro: 2:09pm On Aug 16, 2022
Lol

1 Like

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by melody91: 2:09pm On Aug 16, 2022
wink Developers

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by Realtalk20: 2:10pm On Aug 16, 2022
Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by YoungLionken(m): 2:10pm On Aug 16, 2022
Wonders won't end..

I repeat "dogs eating dogs" wink...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by Searchingvictor: 2:10pm On Aug 16, 2022
Lol

1 Like

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by illuminutty: 2:10pm On Aug 16, 2022
Inside life...

1 Like

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by BlackPantherxXx: 2:10pm On Aug 16, 2022
angry

419 is bad.

But since he's a Nnewi billionaire... he should have developed Anambra first nah.

He dey claim "no man's land", them don show am the true owners of the land.

Chestbeating gone wrong...

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by alphaconde(m): 2:11pm On Aug 16, 2022
old taker never answer the question

y u de sleep coffin?

no de hide update.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by Lovenorth: 2:11pm On Aug 16, 2022
They are the ones pamparing yohoo boys and scammers so they should enjoy them in peace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by Adeoadez: 2:11pm On Aug 16, 2022
It is well
Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by Bigfish121(m): 2:11pm On Aug 16, 2022
Something is wrong somewhere.He is not saying the truth.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by dododawa1: 2:11pm On Aug 16, 2022
Not ordinarily eye
Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by Pwettylinda(f): 2:12pm On Aug 16, 2022
grin
Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by tillaman(m): 2:12pm On Aug 16, 2022
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by greenmouse(m): 2:12pm On Aug 16, 2022
so sad, many scammers, pls beware

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joel Ubah Sleeps In Coffin After Losing House To Scammer by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 16, 2022
Don't know about Oyo state, but recently one of my relatives sold a house of his. He and buyer had to go to land office first to verify documents or something, if I understood him.

It's possible the man was scammed, but it is also possible he made a mistake somewhere...

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#endsars Protesters Killed 2 Policemen, Looted 5 Banks, Burnt 102 Cars — Abia CP / Suspects Arrested With Human Skulls In Ilorin, Kwara Confess (Photos) / Lady’s Corpse Washed Ashore In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.