Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Can I Make A Living Out Of This? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can I Make A Living Out Of This? (792 Views)

How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? / What Do You Do For A Living? Someone Is Desperate To Patronize You. #getconnecte / How Can I Make Payment For Any Udemy Course With My Credit Card? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by PhoneTracking(m): 8:55pm On Aug 15, 2022
I intended diving into cross platform app development and since i can't apply for a job (because I'm already working), decided to work up to some companies,schools and stores. I Develop an app that's suits their need and Sell it them.THATS ALL.i never got bothered been asked about the technology/framework i use,I'm always left to deal with that alone,want to know what you guys think about it?
Re: Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 15, 2022
Yes u can.
As long as you can market it.

It all boils down to the marketing.

1 Like

Re: Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by PhoneTracking(m): 9:30pm On Aug 15, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
Yes u can.
As long as you can market it.

It all boils down to the marketing.
thanks alot. But i don't know how to get on with the marketing, because e.g i work up to the companies manager myself and tell 'em what the why the need the app.
Re: Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by jesmond3945: 9:35pm On Aug 15, 2022
PhoneTracking:
thanks alot. But i don't know how to get on with the marketing, because e.g i work up to the companies manager myself and tell 'em what the why the need the app.
they would you price you 10k. Nigerians dont value SAAS
Re: Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 15, 2022
PhoneTracking:
thanks alot. But i don't know how to get on with the marketing, because e.g i work up to the companies manager myself and tell 'em what the why the need the app .

This is exactly how u should do it.
It works.

Thats Jordan Belfort original marketing strategy
Re: Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 15, 2022
jesmond3945:

They would.

Or they may price him higher

U can't know if u don't try.
Re: Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2022
Out of curiosity I'd love to know

What exactly do you do... mobile or web dev
Re: Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by jesmond3945: 9:52pm On Aug 15, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

They would.

Or they may price him higher

U can't know if u don't try.
Nigerians prefer quick gain like ponzi. That's the kind of SAAS they like. He should go ahead and come tell us how it went. Hopefully...
Re: Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by PhoneTracking(m): 10:57pm On Aug 15, 2022
jesmond3945:
no,a school payed me 50k hear in Abuja for an app that gives parent update of events going on in the school, update on fees change as well.
Re: Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by PhoneTracking(m): 10:58pm On Aug 15, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

This is exactly how u should do it.
It works.

Thats Jordan Belfort original marketing strategy
wow,then maybe i would keep on with that.
Re: Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by PhoneTracking(m): 10:59pm On Aug 15, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

both,but I'm more of a web dev.i use phoenix for my apps,i'm an elixir developer,i'm also one of the few pascal developers.
Re: Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by PhoneTracking(m): 11:01pm On Aug 15, 2022
jesmond3945:

Nigerians prefer quick gain like ponzi. That's the kind of SAAS they like. He should go ahead and come tell us how it went. Hopefully...
will keep updating,never had an offer turned down yet.
Re: Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 15, 2022
PhoneTracking:
Re: Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by TastyFriedPussy: 6:47am On Aug 16, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

that your curiosity will kill you one day.. You'd love to know so that you'd look for the best possible means to demotivate him. Rubbish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 16, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
that your curiosity will kill you one day.. You'd love to know so that you'd look for the best possible means to demotivate him. Rubbish
grin
Re: Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by jesmond3945: 9:08am On Aug 16, 2022
PhoneTracking:
Yea I didn't say they would not consider, what I said is how much they are willing to pay you
Re: Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by jesmond3945: 9:11am On Aug 16, 2022
PhoneTracking:
no,a school payed me 50k hear in Abuja for an app that gives parent update of events going on in the school, update on fees change as well.
50k for app nawa ok. You are pricing your skill down. Tommorow if you want to do fresh api worth 1 million nobody will patronize you.
Re: Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by PhoneTracking(m): 9:35am On Aug 17, 2022
jesmond3945:
50k for app nawa ok. You are pricing your skill down. Tommorow if you want to do fresh api worth 1 million nobody will patronize you.
you're right
Re: Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by PhoneTracking(m): 9:38am On Aug 17, 2022
Re: Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by PhoneTracking(m): 9:41am On Aug 17, 2022
jesmond3945:
Yea I didn't say they would not consider, what I said is how much they are willing to pay you
depending on different scenarios.
Re: Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by PhoneTracking(m): 9:44am On Aug 17, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

updated.Today,i'm planning to go to a real estate company.had an idea for a personal app but will need a housing company to collaborate with. This is a app that would have listing of different real estate agencies and the pricing of their assets,the app will also contain the pictures of the assets.
Re: Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 17, 2022
PhoneTracking:
updated.Today,i'm planning to go to a real estate company.had an idea for a personal app but will need a housing company to collaborate with. This is a app that would have listing of different real estate agencies and the pricing of their assets,the app will also contain the pictures of the assets.

Makes sense bro.

So a lady pitching something similar on the lions shark show Nigerian version.

Are u in Lagos?
Re: Can I Make A Living Out Of This? by PhoneTracking(m): 1:40pm On Aug 17, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Makes sense bro.

So a lady pitching something similar on the lions shark show Nigerian version.

Are u in Lagos?

No,I'm in Abuja

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? / Interactive Tutorials Pls! / Help - Process Logic Help Needed! Wappush, Sql, Web

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.