Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? (3740 Views)

How Can I Make Money As A Web Developer? / 13 Best Techniques To Earn Money As A Web Developer In 2021 / How Can I Make Payment For Any Udemy Course With My Credit Card? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by FahBuLous: 11:17pm On Aug 25, 2022
I started my tech journey few weeks ago and I think it's been bliss so far, being able to solve problems and trying out new codes everyday, watching tutorials and I have already built a little stuff with just HTML and CSS..

But I have been thinking, when I have a good understanding of coding, how do I make money from it?

Lets not only be suggesting tech skills but ways to monetize the skill too...

Your inputs are all welcome..

Lalatisclala
Seun
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 25, 2022
Don't worry.

You must have given up by then...

Bye Bye in advance...

♥️♥️

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by FahBuLous: 11:55pm On Aug 25, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
Don't worry.

You must have given up by then...

Bye Bye in advance...

♥️♥️

Not me

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:55pm On Aug 25, 2022
You just started HTML and CSS. You never reach JavaScript, react, nodejs. Data structures and algorithms. Hosting platforms like digital ocean, AWS or gcp and you don dey reason money grin grin

17 Likes

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 26, 2022
FahBuLous:

Not me

Yes u wiil

If u wanted to make money while you also learn how to code.

U would have taken one month to learn WordPress, Shopify n Joomla first.

With those once you'll get easy gigs n make quick bucks.

Earning money as a core developer takes a lot of time.

Even after you learn everything you'll realize making money out of it at first is as hard as learning the skill...

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by codesngr(m): 1:46am On Aug 26, 2022
FahBuLous:

Not me

You will, since you are already thinking money before you even started

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by TastyFriedPussy: 7:15am On Aug 26, 2022
FahBuLous:
I started my tech journey few weeks ago and I think it's been bliss so far, being able to solve problems and trying out new codes everyday, watching tutorials and I have already built a little stuff with just HTML and CSS..

But I have been thinking, when I have a good understanding of coding, how do I make money from it?

Lalatisclala
Seun
Mynd44
I no blame you at all.. Na people like tensazangetsu20 wey dey always post sweet things about coding wey dey enter una eye I blame.. Now all of una don dey rush dey come oversaturate things for people wey genuinely wan learn for passion and not money. You only started your coding journey few weeks ago but the first question you uselessly decided to ask as a useless goat that you are is how you can make money. If making money was your problem why not go do ritual or Yahoo because it's even faster that way tongue I can see that the only reason you decided to learn programming is because of money or maybe all the sweet things you've been reading online and not because you're passionate about programming.. So I'm sorry to tell you that you're already a failure from the get go and mark my words, you'll end up selling that your laptop for something else when the wrath of JS begins to hit you hard..
Useless goat tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by spartan117(m): 9:23am On Aug 26, 2022
OP those skills you mentioned won't be enough to earn you money in Nigeria.

The focus right now should be on improving your skills to a level where you can build and host intermediate to advanced fullstack portfolio projects with which you can use to land a junior Dev role in about 8-10 months time.

If you really want to start earning money now then someone on this thread already advised you to learn Wordpress or Shopify. But you will mostly get peanuts from this approach because even the core WordPress and Shopify Devs that build themes and plugins are hard core programmers that took time to learn programming, they are the ones that earn the big bucks in that eco system. For you with your limited programming knowledge you should be able to earn peanuts here and there by installing already made plugins and themes for clients.

So in essence I'll advise you to take your time to learn programming first. There is money to be made in the next year or so if you remain focused and dedicated.

TastyFriedPussy:
I no blame you at all.. Na people like tensazangetsu20 wey dey always post sweet things about coding wey dey enter una eye I blame.. Now all of una don dey rush dey come oversaturate things for people wey genuinely wan learn for passion and not money. You only started your coding journey few weeks ago but the first question you uselessly decided to ask as a useless goat that you are is how you can make money. If making money was your problem why not go do ritual or Yahoo because it's even faster that way tongue I can see that the only reason you decided to learn programming is because of money or maybe all the sweet things you've been reading online and not because you're passionate about programming.. So I'm sorry to tell you that you're already a failure from the get go and mark my words, you'll end up selling that your laptop for something else when the wrath of JS begins to hit you hard..
Useless goat tongue

I've seen some of your posts on this forum, you come across as insecure when ever you come across newbies trying to break into tech. Is everything ok with you?

27 Likes

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Udapod(m): 10:22am On Aug 26, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
You just started HTML and CSS. You never reach JavaScript, react, nodejs. Data structures and algorithms. Hosting platforms like digital ocean, AWS or gcp and you don dey reason money grin grin
no mind am. He will relax u can’t do anything reasonable with only html and css

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by emmyN(m): 11:30am On Aug 26, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

He could if he was in the Americas. In my present cohort, after learning just html and css we were mandated to find freelance clients and peeps got contract as high as $1000. Regardless of his location he can make money too with his present skill, though little.

OP visit local businesses around you and tell them about what you do and enquire if they were interested in leveraging the internet for their business growth. Use a template, you are not a web designer and regardless of how far you have come, your CSS skills sucks! Collect project requirements, execute and collect your money.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:43am On Aug 26, 2022
emmyN:

He could if he was in the Americas. In my present cohort, after learning just html and css we were mandated to find freelance clients and peeps got contract as high as $1000. Regardless of his location he can make money too with his present skill, though little.

OP visit local businesses around you and tell them about what you do and enquire if they were interested in leveraging the internet for their business growth. Use a template, you are not a web designer and regardless of how far you have come, your CSS skills sucks! Collect project requirements, execute and collect your money.

Yeah but in Nigeria it's almost impossible. If it was abroad with just html and css you could even be a html email developer.
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Kaycee54321(m): 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
I no blame you at all.. Na people like tensazangetsu20 wey dey always post sweet things about coding wey dey enter una eye I blame.. Now all of una don dey rush dey come oversaturate things for people wey genuinely wan learn for passion and not money.

An example of one who will stay in Vancouver and be telling people in Lagos that the only thing Canada has to offer is Cold & Loneliness.

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by dodgelord: 12:37pm On Aug 26, 2022
grin
tensazangetsu20:
grin grin grin

Believe in urself na
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by dodgelord: 1:30pm On Aug 26, 2022
Kaycee54321:

An example of one who will stay in Vancouver and be telling people in Lagos that the only thing Canada has to offer is Cold & Loneliness.
lolzzz
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Ayinke93(f): 6:08pm On Aug 26, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
Useless goat tongue

There's absolutely no reason to sound stupid and condescending. Yes he's asking how he can make money, that's a very valid motivation and he shouldn't be laughed at for that reason. Let's hope your own mere passion take you far and stop sounding like a retard*. If you are so scared of over saturation, ,maybe you should find professions like mountain climbing or underground mining. No one will compete with you there.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Ayinke93(f): 6:12pm On Aug 26, 2022
FahBuLous:

Lalatisclala
Seun
Mynd44

Stay motivated and keep learning. Money can come in about a year depending on how much work you put. follow @TheManOfTheYear and see how he did it and how much work he put in. Money is a great motivator and don't let anyone laugh at you,
I know one thing I did early own when I started was to go to platforms like fiver and upwork and see the required skills for gigs there. It motivated me to learn more and improve myself. All the best.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Ayinke93(f): 6:14pm On Aug 26, 2022
spartan117:

I've seen some of your posts on this forum, you come across as insecure when ever you come across newbies trying to break into tech. Is everything ok with you?

I see it too and it's irritating. I don't even know how much code he knows sef that he turned himself to the profession's gate keeper.

12 Likes

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Fourpockets: 7:01pm On Aug 26, 2022
Ayinke93:

I see it too and it's irritating. I don't even know how much code he knows sef that he turned himself to the profession's gate keeper.

Im not saying what he's implying is 100% correct, but he has a point, there are a lot of people that go into this field for money, a lot of them rush it and become quacks, I saw one guy online who knew all these plenty stacks(JS framework and python frameworks combined) you'd think he's a genius but at the end, the most impressive project on his GitHub is just an ordinary calculator undecided

This is the problem, why will I, someone that has built some games with JS and has almost perfected my JS skills be competing with someone like that, it's annoying, all they do is saturate the market with mediocre skills.
People who think that knowing many programming language syntax makes you a good programmer ??
It's pathetic...
And someone will say Nigerians can compete with Indians? How?
Me personally, I've been interested in programming since 2016 when I was in ss1, someone introduced HTML to me and since then I haven't made any money from coding yet, not because I'm bad, but because I'm very patient

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Ayinke93(f): 7:08pm On Aug 26, 2022
Fourpockets:

Im not saying what he's implying is 100% correct, but he has a point, there are a lot of people that go into this field for money, a lot of them rush it and become quacks, I saw one guy online who knew all these plenty stacks(JS framework and python frameworks combined) you'd think he's a genius but at the end, the most impressive project on his GitHub is just an ordinary calculator undecided

This is the problem, why will I, someone that has built some games with JS and has almost perfected my JS skills be competing with someone like that, it's annoying, all they do is saturate the market with mediocre skills.
People who think that knowing many programming language syntax makes you a good programmer ??
It's pathetic...
And someone will say Nigerians can compete with Indians? How?
Me personally, I've been interested in programming since 2016 when I was in ss1, someone introduced HTML to me and since then I haven't made any money from coding yet, not because I'm bad, but because I'm very patient

Your patience doesn't mean much to be honest. Let the market filter out the quacks like you said. And the thing about programming as a profession is, you don't actually learn much on your own until you enter the real world and see how things work. I for one started learning html on my first internship, learnt react on my second and started earning over 500k barely six months after I got my first internship and that number has significantly increased now.
The point is, allow different things motivate people and let everybody carry their own cross. This method worked for me and I will be evil to discourage someone else. Everything depends on how you market yourself , how fast you can learn and being lucky to find people that actually care about your growth and are patient.
every mallam with him kettle. peace!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Fourpockets: 8:09pm On Aug 26, 2022
Ayinke93:

Your patience doesn't mean much to be honest. Let the market filter out the quacks like you said. And the thing about programming as a profession is, you don't actually learn much on your own until you enter the real world and see how things work. I for one started learning html on my first internship, learnt react on my second and started earning over 500k barely six months after I got my first internship and that number has significantly increased now.
The point is, allow different things motivate people and let everybody carry their own cross. This method worked for me and I will be evil to discourage someone else. Everything depends on how you market yourself , how fast you can learn and being lucky to find people that actually care about your growth and are patient.

Are you working remotely
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by FahBuLous: 8:15pm On Aug 26, 2022
Udapod:
no mind am. He will relax u can’t do anything reasonable with only html and css
This is the more reason why I hate useless Nigerians...

I came here to ask a simple question and you are already talking rubbish...

I just started but then many people have been asking, so I brought the topic up, if you didn't have anything reasonable to contribute, just shut the Bleep up FOOL...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by FahBuLous: 8:18pm On Aug 26, 2022
Ayinke93:

There's absolutely no reason to sound stupid and condescending. Yes he's asking how he can make money, that's a very valid motivation and he shouldn't be laughed at for that reason. Let's hope your own mere passion take you far and stop sounding like a retard*. If you are so scared of over saturation, ,maybe you should find professions like mountain climbing or underground mining. No one will compete with you there.
God bless you..
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by TastyFriedPussy: 8:49pm On Aug 26, 2022
FahBuLous:
God bless you..
it doesn't change the fact that you're still gonna give up someday, it's just a matter of time. I give you three months tongue
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Ayinke93(f): 8:59pm On Aug 26, 2022
Fourpockets:

Are you working remotely

yeap
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by DaInferno(m): 9:26pm On Aug 26, 2022
Advice needed here too
Wanna delve into cybersecurity (I'm a total novice).
I don't even know why I choose cybersecurity,prolly cus the name sounds dope.

Is udemy a good place to learn it?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by DaInferno(m): 9:28pm On Aug 26, 2022
Ayinke93:

aje

Be my mentor grin

Heres a question-Advice needed here too

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Ayinke93(f): 9:55pm On Aug 26, 2022
DaInferno:
aje

Be my mentor grin

Heres a question-Advice needed here too

I don’t know jack about cybersecurity to be honest. But check Udemy, look for the highest rated course and start. You can also check Reddit to look for channels about cybersecurity and how people are learning it.
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by TastyFriedPussy: 9:57pm On Aug 26, 2022
Ayinke93:

I don’t know jack about cybersecurity to be honest. But check Udemy, look for the highest rated course and start. You can also check Reddit to look for channels about cybersecurity and how people are learning it.
I'll deal with you in this forum.
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Ayinke93(f): 10:01pm On Aug 26, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
I'll deal with you in this forum.

Nuisance grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by jesmond3945: 10:15pm On Aug 26, 2022
We should not project our insecurities on people. The sky is big for everyone. Passion and money are both important motivators. To be frank if there was no money involved in tech. the people shouting passion might leave it ln the future. Even the guys who designed the language were sponsored even up to the boxers they wear. Bill gate who had the passion his mum gave him millions. Infact bill gate was from a very rich home. My dear owute dont know what is passion. Op yes even with the little you know you can monetize.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 10:21pm On Aug 26, 2022
jesmond3945:
We should not project our insecurities on people. The sky is big for everyone. Passion and money are both important motivators.To be frank if there was no money involved in tech. the people shouting passion might leave it ln the future. Even the guys who designed the language were sponsored even up to the boxers they wear. Bill gate who had the passion his mum gave him millions. Infact bill gate was from a very rich home. My dear owute dont know what is passion. Op yes even with the little you know you can monetize.

Lol! Did you see the word "Consultant" there? Do you know what it connotes? And about the bolded, loads of people had been in tech long before it became lucrative. When people looked at tech folks as fraudsters. So no, money or no money, passionate people often stay.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 10:28pm On Aug 26, 2022
DaInferno:
Advice needed here too

It's nice to be ambitious. But it's also wise to moderate that ambition. If I asked you to explain the following would you be able to?

càt /vár/lög/mäilög | grëp -i test

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What U Need To Know Before Learn A Programming Language / Contest[closed] : Program A Function to find if a phrase. is in a string / C Programming Challenge To Be Solved Under 10 Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.