Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto (16780 Views)

Elizabeth Truss: Buhari, Biden, Macron, Scholz, Others Congratulate New UK PM / William Ruto Declared Kenya President-Elect / Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta Looking At A Woman's Buttocks In Public (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by fergie001: 9:00pm On Aug 15, 2022
William Samoei Arap Ruto (born 21 December 1966) is a Kenyan politician & serving as the Deputy President of Kenya since 2013.
In the 2013 presidential election, Ruto was elected the Deputy President alongside President Uhuru Kenyatta under the Jubilee Alliance ticket.

He holds a BSc in Botany & Zoology (1990), MSc (2011) and PhD (2018) from the University of Nairobi. During his time in the campus for the undergraduate course, Ruto was an active member of the Christian Union. He also served as the Chairman of the University of Nairobi's choir.

It is through his church leadership activities at the University of Nairobi that Ruto met President Daniel Arap Moi who would introduce him to Kenya politics at later date, specifically during the 1992 general elections.

Ruto was a Member of Parliament (MP) from 1998 to 2013, served as Minister for Home Affairs in the Daniel Arap Moi administration from August to December 2002. He later served in the Mwai Kibaki administration as Minister of Agriculture from 2008 to 2010 and as Minister for Higher Education from April to October 2010.

He was declared Kenya's President-Elect on August 15, 2022.

I congratulate the President-Elect of Kenya, William Ruto, on his victory in the August 9, 2022 general elections. I wish him a successful inauguration and tenure in office, while also looking forward to more fruitful and robust engagements between Nigeria and Kenya.

I commend the people of Kenya for the peaceful and transparent outcome of the elections, which once again demonstrates that the democratic process, values and principles remain the best way for the people to select their leaders and hold them accountable.

Nigeria values Kenya as a strategic partner in the fight against terrorism and violence extremism. Between us lies a long history of friendship, economic and trade ties, and effective collaboration through various international organisations.

Let me also salute President Uhuru Kenyatta for his statesmanship & exemplary leadership to the people of Kenya, & the profound legacies of his administration in infrastructure, education,healthcare reforms & tourism,as well as his strong influence & support on regional security.

Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's President

My congratulations William Ruto @WilliamsRuto, on your election as the President of the Republic of Kenya. I wish you best of luck in your endeavors ahead and we look forward to working closely with you on common bilateral and regional interests.

Abiy Ahmed Ali, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia

Congratulations to @WilliamsRuto on his election as the next President of Kenya.

I have no doubt he will serve his country, his people and our continent with distinction.

Emmerson Dambudzo Mnangagwa, President of Zimbabwe

I offer my sincere congratulations to President-elect H.E @WilliamsRuto on becoming Kenya’s 5th President. My best wishes to you as you begin your tenure at @StateHouseKenya. I look forward to closely working with you to advance our partnership in all areas of mutual benefit.

Hassan Sheikh Mohamud, President of Somalia

Congratulations to the President elect,My friend Dr @WilliamsRuto Looking forward to your leadership and implementation of your manifesto. Kazi kwako.

Victor Wanyama, former Captain of the Kenyan National team

I wish to offer my most sincere congratulations to President-Elect of Kenya H.E. @WilliamsRuto and the people of Kenyan following the successful conclusion of the elections. You truly ran an enriching, overpowering campaign & May God help you fulfill your vision for your country.

Mohamed Abdullahi Farmaajo, Former Somalia's President

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by fergie001: 9:03pm On Aug 15, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by Righteousness2(m): 9:07pm On Aug 15, 2022
Congratulations Mr. Ruto.
It seems Kenya is about to catch a revival

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by Laggafin: 9:10pm On Aug 15, 2022
Obama brodas has gotten it right dis time by finaly nailing the coffin of old establishments who hav ruled kenya since indepedence.. We will replicate it obidiently in 2023 Witout vawulence.. Enough of recycling of old political principalities who are bent on eatin the future of the youths..

124 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by Stayjoyful: 9:14pm On Aug 15, 2022
May the man be a good leader for the people of Kenya, unlike the one that was celebrated in 2015 in Nigeria and he turned out to be most disastrous.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by Lifeing: 9:17pm On Aug 15, 2022
Righteousness2:
Amen

10 Likes

Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by Omahleigh(f): 9:19pm On Aug 15, 2022
Righteousness2:

Didirin, was Kenya ever down?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by bestman09(m): 9:23pm On Aug 15, 2022
sad
Congratulations Mr Ruto. Congratulations to all Kenyans. We are following your way on voting in a youthful and competent president. We will vote wisely now because we are willing and obedient to make Nigeria a better nation

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by Gkay1(m): 9:23pm On Aug 15, 2022
I pray they don't elect dullard like the one we have in Nigeria. Some years ago, we all celebrate and think we have finally got it right without knowing that we are all digging our grave, today we are all gnashing our teeth. God punish all apc member

16 Likes

Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by DJGiore: 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2022
God has done it wink

Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by McOluOmo: 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2022
Congratulations to the new president

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by Mars16(m): 9:25pm On Aug 15, 2022
Mr Ruto looks like a very humble man. Congratulations Kenya!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by MrGoodyGoodyy(m): 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2022
Ok
Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by Switruth: 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2022
Kenya on a cruise... Nigeria next.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by Ashez: 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2022
Nice
Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by UselessBuharist: 9:28pm On Aug 15, 2022
That means Raila Odinga will never be Kenya’s president. The same fate will befall Tinubu and Atiku next year

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by akanbiaa(m): 9:28pm On Aug 15, 2022
Okay
Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by sanerugwei: 9:28pm On Aug 15, 2022
Nice..
That's how he will still congratulate the younger, popular and competent incoming Nigeria president in Feb, 2023...
Like if you know who I was referring to... grin

17 Likes

Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by Whoknowsme: 9:29pm On Aug 15, 2022
May his rule be a significant and enriching one for the people of Kenya
Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by WhizdomXX(m): 9:31pm On Aug 15, 2022
Lovely. Fergie001 he has a PhD. in plant ecology. May a 77-year old, 5-time brethren like Atiku never smell that seat in Jesus name.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by MissionaryArchi(m): 9:31pm On Aug 15, 2022
Buhari congratulating him too?
Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:34pm On Aug 15, 2022
From social media ratings he won. Na so e go happen for here

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by DevilSignature: 9:36pm On Aug 15, 2022
grin
See who d make noise.

Mohammadu Buhari old hag with hearing imbalance syndrome.
Let him take example of the Kenyan president how young and vibrant he is.

On his own as the president of Nigeria he doesn't know anything, nothing to offer just to eat and travel

Figure head of a president

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by supereagle(m): 9:38pm On Aug 15, 2022
One day he will congratulate yoruba nation as well.
Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by Burgerlomo: 9:40pm On Aug 15, 2022
Congratulations Mr President elect
Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by WowSweetGuy(m): 9:48pm On Aug 15, 2022
Hope he will congratulate Obi as Jonathan congratulated him @ Buhari

We citizens can't wait for this buhari to vacate that seat asap

8 Likes

Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by doneback04: 9:53pm On Aug 15, 2022
Get Ready to congratulate Peter obi next year and hang over to him

7 Likes

Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by emilo2bad: 9:57pm On Aug 15, 2022
sanerugwei:
Nice..
That's how he will still congratulate the younger, popular and competent incoming Nigeria president in Feb, 2023...
Like if you know who I was referring to... grin
congratulations to sowore in advance
Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by Samajogs: 9:58pm On Aug 15, 2022
Our own too is coming very soon...Say no to oldmen who want to retire in Aso rock... OBIdient

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by Deepsky(m): 10:01pm On Aug 15, 2022
Na so the whole world go congratulate OBI and Nigerians Come 2023 February.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari, Others Congratulate Kenya's President-Elect, William Ruto by obi4eze(m): 10:06pm On Aug 15, 2022
That's

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghana Sends Deadly, Lethal And Brainy Soldiers To Mali / Ghana's Finance Ministry Urges President Not To Sign Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill / Ceasefire In Gaza Strip Will Last Maximum 10 Days – Reports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.