Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,642 members, 7,813,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi (23918 Views)

No S/east Governor Has Allocated Land For RUGA Settlement - Archbishop Chukwuma / Pre-inauguration Service: No State Is As Peaceful As Enugu - Archbishop Chukwuma / Governor Ugwuanyi In Early Lead As Archbishop Chukwuma,nwobodo Hail Peaceful Ele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by vicdom(m): 10:31pm On Aug 15, 2022
The Archbishop of Enugu Ecclesiastical Province, Anglican Communion, Most Rev. Emmanuel Chukwuma, has said that the Obedient Movement of the Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, has become a national project.

Chukwuma, who was reacting to reports credited to him to have said that Enugu state was not ‘Obidient’, stated that the popularity and acceptability of the former Anambra State governor were so high that the opponents and enemies alike would not be able to pull him down no matter the campaign of calumny.

He, however, denied that he had been against Obi’s presidential ambition> He clarified that he has supported the movement more than those persecuting him.

The Archbishop said Obi has shown credibility, character, honesty and capacity in public office, as governor of Anambra state and other offices he had previously held.

He said, “My own concern is that Peter Obi has been found to be very credible. Nigerians should be out to make sure that young people should be given chance and allow him (Obi) to clean the mess that we’re in Nigeria.

“It is quite clear that in this country people know me as speaking out, I’ve been condemning the evil in this society and in Nigeria.

“And we are very much aware that even in my synod, I condemned the evil things happening in this government led by Buhari and I meant it that we need a new Nigeria, new Nigeria, a new win into a new wineskin.”

He added “There is no doubt that I said, both Atiku and Tinubu are expired and they have no new things to offer us. And I talked about being ObiDIENT nationally. But the situation is that living in Enugu and seeing what has happened in the past years where PDP has been in power for years and other parties have not surfaced until now, it has become very much necessary for people to know that Enugu, as it is, has been so entrenched into a party called PDP.

“I totally support Obidient nationally, but state-wise, I’m talking about the personalities in the state, and I do know that those in the state that are not corrupt will be endorsed and voted by us. We’re praying that the right people under God will come up in this nation to vie for positions that will make Nigeria to be better.

“Let us be very careful of corrupt politicians who may want to run under Obi or Obidient because they feel that it is catching waves,”
he warned.

https://punchng.com/archbishop-chukwuma-declares-support-for-peter-obi/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1660598314

155 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by vicdom(m): 10:32pm On Aug 15, 2022
Chukwuma, who was reacting to reports credited to him to have said that Enugu state was not ‘Obidient’, stated that the popularity and acceptability of the former Anambra State governor were so high that the opponents and enemies alike would not be able to pull him down no matter the campaign of calumny.

Lol... I knew it was the handiwork of Tinubu urchins who are hellbent on discrediting and running him aground. I was so quiet and reluctant to react to that fake news because I knew that deep down within me that Atiku and Tinubu would be a bad product to sell in the east. How can anyone even convince an easterner to vote Atiku or Tinubu over Obi?? Tinubu own would have been easier by his running mate, Shettima is a big threat and bad product to the Igbos. I don't even understand how one can be able to convince them to abandon Obi and vote Atiku

267 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 10:37pm On Aug 15, 2022
Its possible the opposition parties to Labour Party lied against him. He may never have said that.
APC and PDP now playing opposition role to LP

170 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by Vulturereloaded: 10:38pm On Aug 15, 2022
Go and sin no more.

13 Likes

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 15, 2022
That's not true
Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by Throwback: 10:42pm On Aug 15, 2022
He will now be regarded as a valid Bishop by those who said he was an unknown quantity.

The IPOBocrazy that has ravaged the SouthEast and expelled both democracy and human rights, would not be allowed to become a national pandemic.

It would be quarantined within the SouthEast.

Naija no be SouthEast.

194 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by ytdivine(m): 10:42pm On Aug 15, 2022
For him, at the state level PDP, but for the President, Obedient

20 Likes

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by DrAkpamudehe: 11:00pm On Aug 15, 2022
His life was threatened. That's why he recanted. Fear zombidients. They are so desperate

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by VERDA: 11:04pm On Aug 15, 2022
Throwback:
He will now be regarded as a valid Bishop by those who said he was an unknown quantity.

The IPOBocrazy that has ravaged the SouthEast and expelled both democracy and human rights, would not be allowed to become a national pandemic.

Naija no be SouthEast.

See this egg head...your hate for a whole tribe has blinded you and deprived you of common sense, there are some bad eggs in the south east as there are in every region...

Are the Igbo's responsible for the killings in Maiduguri and other north east states??, Are the responsible for the insecurity in zamfara and other northwest states which has prevented millions of innocent young children from going to school in those states?? Are they responsible for the genocide in middle belt states like Benue and plateau...
Were they responsible for the spate of kidnappings that swept some southwest states which propped secesionist movements by the likes of Igboho??
Were there responsible for the Owo bombing??...

All this hateful and evil tribal bigots spewing trash all over the place...shame on all of you. People that listen to hateful beings like you would think the whole country is at peace and just the south east has problems.

You guys for some crazy reason think you can comfortably marginalise one of the 3 major ethnic groups in the country and peace will reign, una no just get sense.

Yes the Igbo's have some work to do as regards some of their kins but that does not give some of you the license to be just plain stupid.

177 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by ZUKKYY(m): 11:04pm On Aug 15, 2022
Throwback:

Naija no be SouthEast.
who said he was unknown?

15 Likes

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by PandoraObi: 11:05pm On Aug 15, 2022
Can you imagine what is coming out from someone standing on the pulpit to preach, the anguish, the bitterness, the hatred, the delusion, the tribalism, the sentiment all under the claim of Jesus name. what a shame, what an height of intolerance and prejudice, igbo Catholics, Igbo Anglicans, IPOB, unknown gunmen that is killing igbos and openly celebrated by igbos, the drug traffickers in India, South Africa, the fake money printers, the Igbo robbers in Dubai. there is no difference, is this a CHRISTlike attitude. He want Peter Obi of labour party at the national level but PDP at the State level, what a demented miserable slowpoke.

“There is no doubt that I said, both Atiku and Tinubu are expired and they have no new things to offer us.

153 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by GoooodHardDick: 11:06pm On Aug 15, 2022
the popularity and acceptability of the former Anambra State governor were so high that the opponents and enemies alike would not be able to pull him down no matter the campaign of calumny.

Tinubu urchins should take note of the bolded

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by Guyman01: 11:07pm On Aug 15, 2022
Urchins, urchins, urchins how many times have I called you guys, please reduce the lies.
This is a real Bishop that you lied against and not one of the contraption you put up at Shettima unveiling cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by GoooodHardDick: 11:07pm On Aug 15, 2022
PandoraObi:
ok

Let the lamentation and wailing begin in 3.........2.........1..........go!!!!!!!

22 Likes

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by PandoraObi: 11:09pm On Aug 15, 2022
GoooodHardDick:

Let the lamentation and wailing begin in 3.........2.........1..........go!!!!!!!
Hehehehehe your family members are not here

143 Likes

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by aariwa(m): 11:11pm On Aug 15, 2022
Peter Obi is a mass movement…its above politics

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by GoooodHardDick: 11:12pm On Aug 15, 2022
PandoraObi:
Hehehehehe your family members are not here

Painment.

Let the wailing and lamentation begins in 3,2,1....go!!!!!!!

20 Likes

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by oluseyiforjesus(m): 5:05am On Aug 16, 2022
A reasonable Nigerian should be OBIdent
Even if you are favored in ds APC government, pity millions that are suffering n being pushed to poverty level

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by Dialpad: 5:06am On Aug 16, 2022
This is the same way they deceived Jonathan, praying for him, laying hands on him, telling him thousands just defected to PDP.

Election in real life is different from making noise on social media.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by bhella10: 5:06am On Aug 16, 2022
No news here
Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by Neddstark: 5:06am On Aug 16, 2022
If Imam Lawal Hassan endorses Tinubu, please Obidients should accept that in good faith too. Tolerance is the way forward

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by SmellyNyash: 5:08am On Aug 16, 2022
; D
Urchins don die today. Ur lies and cheap propaganda don disappoint una fools

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by CEPHAS101: 5:08am On Aug 16, 2022
Once you are Obidient and Yusful, you shall eat the good of the Land

7 Likes

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by Realtalk20: 5:09am On Aug 16, 2022
It's safe to say that the food , hard working , honest , citizens of Nigeria all identify with Peter Obi.

While the corrupt, wicked, tribalistic, thugs, and political assassin s hate him and don't want things to change.

2 days ago I had a conversation with a young man on my street. He was declaring his support for Asiwaju. I called him aside and tried to educate him on how all these old politicians have ruined Nigeria ... He was aggressive and vehemently refused telling me that corruption can't end in Nigeria. That Peter Obi will be impeached out. That is it when his set wants to collect his own that Peter wants to end and end corruption?. That we should forget that thing o. that Asiwaju has sent word down that boys will be allowed to be carrying oil freely if he wins... That they should mobilize and vote him... I was just looking at this young man... He said I should forget Peter Obi .. after all he is Ibo.... I was shocked. He said that because he knows me as a Bini man hence assumed I share his tribalsitic views.

That's when it dawned on me that by default the Yoruba expect anyone who isn't Ibo to follow them and hate Ibo..

I immediately countered him and warned him to becareful and he should understand that Tinubu will never win. How many are these militants and oil thieves compared to how many we the citizens are.

10 Likes

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by noegenesis(m): 5:10am On Aug 16, 2022
We tried #PDP, It didn't work. We tried #APC, we nearly died. We MUST give Labour Party a chance. Both PDP and APC are Party of mostly evil men.

4 Likes

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:10am On Aug 16, 2022
Obi is the one to rescue Nigeria from total decay.

7 Likes

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by PotatoSalad(m): 5:12am On Aug 16, 2022
Throwback:

Naija no be SouthEast.
Who gives these people smartphones?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by frndfghtr(m): 5:13am On Aug 16, 2022
If they can organise fake bishop, what they cannot do does not exist

5 Likes

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by seanwilliam(m): 5:14am On Aug 16, 2022
Like for Peter obi share for tinubu

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Declares Support For Peter Obi by mrkings84(m): 5:15am On Aug 16, 2022
That's what every sane person should do no matter their religion or tribe.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Can Generate 12,000 MW Of Electricity — Fashola / Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode / Alex Ekwueme Collapses At Home, Goes Into Coma, Admitted In Enugu Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.