Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? (32407 Views)

I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? / I've Been Invited For Sterling Bank Job Interview. What Should I Expect? / Online Evaluation Test With MSF/Doctors Without Borders - What Should I Expect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:16am On Aug 22, 2022
completey:

I just got admitted for UI/UX design. I intend to choose the income sharing option. Please do you have any experience on this aspect? I am yet to sign the acceptance.

Have you read the terms and conditions included in this option you selected?
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:21am On Aug 22, 2022
Adek15:

I know someone who did it and regretting it. These centers only care about the money. I won't say more

I don't like all these "someone said this or that". Ask this person why he is regretting/regretted it and he won't have any reason(s) tangible to give you.

Perhaps, he was expecting them to spoon-feed him with lesson notes or give him kingly treatment all because he's learning. Don't even bother saying more because you have said nothing in the first place.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by Adek15(m): 11:11am On Aug 22, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

I don't like all these "someone said this or that". Ask this person why he is regretting/regretted it and he won't have any reason(s) tangible to give you.

Perhaps, he was expecting them to spoon-feed him with lesson notes or give him kingly treatment all because he's learning. Don't even bother saying more because you have said nothing in the first place.
the person is my fiance. I know what I'm saying but it's the OP choice. I wouldn't want to spoil someone business. The center has its perks quite alright but not in actual learning aspect
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by Clicked: 11:37am On Aug 22, 2022
Adek15:
the person is my fiance. I know what I'm saying but it's the OP choice. I wouldn't want to spoil someone business. The center has its perks quite alright but not in actual learning aspect

If there were actual problems with the centre, then wouldn't it be best to say it? What is this, "I don't want to spoil someone's business?" You are only spoiling the business if you are lying. If it is the truth, then it is called a review, which is the whole point of this thread. So speak up.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by Clicked: 11:43am On Aug 22, 2022
completey:

I just got admitted for UI/UX design. I intend to choose the income sharing option. Please do you have any experience on this aspect? I am yet to sign the acceptance.

Hi, I also just got in and I decided to go with the normal ISA. The zero ISA sounds really good but paying 20% plus VAT was too much for me.

I'd say do your calculations, using 150k as the minimum salary and choose whatever you're most comfortable with.
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:59am On Aug 22, 2022
Adek15:

What did she say exactly the problem(s) was/were? If she wasn't able to pinpoint what exactly it was, then it defeats your whole "claim of Stutern not being good" in the first place. Mind you, a place can't have all good reviews, but, I have decided to go with the good reviews.

About your fiancee, hope she got a better learning centre to continue or did she continue online?
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by Unlimited2022: 12:54pm On Aug 22, 2022
Adek15:
What are the perks of the center?
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by completey(f): 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2022
Clicked:

Hi, I also just got in and I decided to go with the normal ISA. The zero ISA sounds really good but paying 20% plus VAT was too much for me.

I'd say do your calculations, using 150k as the minimum salary and choose whatever you're most comfortable with.

Okay. I will do that.
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by completey(f): 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Have you read the terms and conditions included in this option you selected?

undecided yes I have read it twice but I don't have a better option presently. And I don't want to waste this opportunity too this present naija, "KO SE DURO WO"

That's why I asking for second opinion it will guide me in my choice.
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:38pm On Aug 22, 2022
completey:

undecided yes I have read it twice but I don't have a better option presently. And I don't want to waste this opportunity too this present naija, "KO SE DURO WO"

That's why I asking for second opinion it will guide me in my choice.

Well, as a woman applying to Stutern, you have a chance of getting a 50% scholarship which is 270,000 NGN off the supposed 540,000 NGN. So, if you can't still afford the 270K, you can go for the ISA option. I have a friend who did it with Decagon and he's finished paying with a very good job. His own was even 3 million naira.

But, I believe that they will be very intentional about getting a job for you upon graduation since you will be owing them. It's not bad in my opinion. I believe you can do it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by Kentsol: 3:50pm On Aug 22, 2022
Halo I just got admission for UI/UX, about to pay. Please can you put me through I am currently in Abuja.
Thanks in advance
UyaiIncomparabl:

Well, as a woman applying for Stutern, you have a chance of getting a 50% scholarship which is 270,000 NGN off the supposed 540,000 NGN. So, if you can't still afford the 270K, you can go for the ISA option. I have a friend who did it with Decagon and he's finished paying with a very good job. His own was even 3 million naira.

But, I believe that they will be very intentional about getting a job for you upon graduation since you will be owing them. It's not bad in my opinion. I believe you can do it.
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by completey(f): 3:51pm On Aug 22, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Well, as a woman applying for Stutern, you have a chance of getting a 50% scholarship which is 270,000 NGN off the supposed 540,000 NGN. So, if you can't still afford the 270K, you can go for the ISA option. I have a friend who did it with Decagon and he's finished paying with a very good job. His own was even 3 million naira.

Thank you sis. This is spot on!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:52pm On Aug 22, 2022
Kentsol:
Halo I just got admission for UI/UX, about to pay. Please can you put me through I am currently in Abuja.
Thanks in advance

Hi Kentsol, what exactly would you like me to put you through?
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:54pm On Aug 22, 2022
completey:

Thank you sis. This is spot on!

You're welcome.
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by Kentsol: 6:31pm On Aug 22, 2022
Please what app did you use to sign your acceptance offer. Or did you print out sign and send back to them
UyaiIncomparabl:

Hi Kentsol, what exactly would you like me to put you through?

Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by Kentsol: 6:54pm On Aug 22, 2022
How did you go bout it and where did you send your signed copy
UyaiIncomparabl:

You're welcome.
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2022
Kentsol:
Please what app did you use to sign your acceptance offer. Or did you print out sign and send back to them

Go to Google Docs, convert to a PDF file, print, sign and attach the required, scan and send it to their email (admissions@stutern.com).
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by Kentsol: 8:34pm On Aug 22, 2022
Thanks alot I appreciate, looking forward to meeting you in the class
UyaiIncomparabl:

Go to Google Docs, convert to a PDF file, print, sign and attach the required, scan and send it to their email (admissions@stutern.com).
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:07pm On Aug 22, 2022
Kentsol:
Thanks alot I appreciate, looking forward to meeting you in the class

You too. smiley
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by determination26(m): 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2022
Hi Uyai, I trust you're having a great day. I just want to thank you for your advice, I applied for the 12 months software engineering programme and woke up to an email indicating that I've been accepted. I must admit I'm stoked, I feel like this is an opportunity to change my life trajectory and actually make a difference. I was reading on a blog that software engineers and UI/UX designers work closely, hopefully someday we can work together to develop the next big app, I'm optimistic. I would love to discuss some things with you, can I send you a PM?
UyaiIncomparabl:

Apply anyway. They don't ask for proof of birth certificate.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:52pm On Aug 24, 2022
determination26:
Hi Uyai, I trust you're having a great day. I just want to thank you for your advice, I applied for the 12 months software engineering programme and woke up to an email indicating that I've been accepted. I must admit I'm stoked, I feel like this is an opportunity to change my life trajectory and actually make a difference. I was reading on a blog that software engineers and UI/UX designers work closely, hopefully someday we can work together to develop the next big app, I'm optimistic. I would love to discuss some things with you, can I send you a PM?

Hi. Good evening. I am so glad about this news. I knew you were going to be accepted because I have a friend who's close to 40 and he got accepted. I can't wait to see you get to the end of the journey successfully. I'll urge you to be diligent as you may feel weary and unmotivated along the line, but you'll pull through, this I am sure. I am rooting for you big time.

Oh, and yes, you can send a PM.
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by abdulslutsky(m): 12:10am On Aug 25, 2022
All I can say is best wishes. Expect to learn most of the stuff yourself on YouTube, UX blogs, twitter etc. Which is also as good as not paying the 540k. That’s not to discourage you, at least you’d feel accountable to a cause because It’s easy to give up when one does not have a structure when learning something as dynamic as tech.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by saintruky(m): 1:03am On Aug 28, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

540k. 6 months.

Omo na block o
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by Adek15(m): 6:31am On Aug 28, 2022
Unlimited2022:

What are the perks of the center?
free learning space and Internet even after your program ends with them
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by Adek15(m): 6:39am On Aug 28, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

What did she say exactly the problem(s) was/were? If she wasn't able to pinpoint what exactly it was, then it defeats your whole "claim of Stutern not being good" in the first place. Mind you, a place can't have all good reviews, but, I have decided to go with the good reviews.

About your fiancee, hope she got a better learning centre to continue or did she continue online?
well, let's just say she had very high hopes and they didn't just deliver..
I actually advised her to learn via videos herself and later do certifications but she said they will teach them one on one (you know normal school stuff where teacher will be physically present and all) but that wasn't the case. They have classes but it's still your usual virtual lecturing where teacher won't be physically present.

I've sent her this link to contribute more though but that's if she wants.

My point is stuttern isn't that bad but don't have very high hopes. It's a business and their priority is to make money as much as they can. You come second.
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by abdulslutsky(m): 9:40pm On Aug 28, 2022
Adek15:
well, let's just say she had very high hopes and they didn't just deliver..
I actually advised her to learn via videos herself and later do certifications but she said they will teach them one on one (you know normal school stuff where teacher will be physically present and all) but that wasn't the case. They have classes but it's still your usual virtual lecturing where teacher won't be physically present.

I've sent her this link to contribute more though but that's if she wants.

My point is stuttern isn't that bad but don't have very high hopes. It's a business and their priority is to make money as much as they can. You come second.

Like... I can affirm your fiancée is right. I'm not just one to spoil people's business. Stutern was good in the early years but not anymore.

@op is better off learning with Joseph Brendan. Check his YouTube videos
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by Unlimited2022: 8:27am On Aug 29, 2022
abdulslutsky:

Like... I can affirm your fiancée is right. I'm not just one to spoil people's business. Stutern was good in the early years but not anymore.

@op is better off learning with Joseph Brendan. Check his YouTube videos
Please do you know if they link their students with jobs after completing the program?
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by Unlimited2022: 8:30am On Aug 29, 2022
Adek15:
free learning space and Internet even after your program ends with them
If you don't mind could you ask your fiancee if they link their students with jobs after completing the program? Thanks
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by Adek15(m): 4:51pm On Aug 30, 2022
Unlimited2022:

If you don't mind could you ask your fiancee if they link their students with jobs after completing the program? Thanks
they might but the chance is very very low
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:28pm On Aug 30, 2022
Unlimited2022:

Look, sometimes, these questions limit you and make you have too many lofty expectations, and if they don't meet them, disappointment sets in. The key should be learning, acing and having a good portfolio. You will get a job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by AustainoPatrick(m): 9:59pm On Aug 30, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Look, sometimes, these questions limit you and make you have too many lofty expectations, and if they don't meet them, disappointment sets in. The key should be learning, acing and having a good portfolio. You will get a job.

Good evening dear,

Does Stutern have student hostel or accommodation I can pay for,
I want to enrol but where to stay is the problem. I stay @Anambra
Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by Chriswazo(m): 4:58am On Aug 31, 2022
AustainoPatrick:

Good evening dear,

Does Stutern have student hostel or accommodation I can pay for,
I want to enrol but where to stay is the problem. I stay @Anambra

I think d operate online

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Recruitment: NDLEA Releases List Of 5,000 Successful Candidates / A Nairalander Has Been Selected For The N-power Program (pix) / Application For 20th Batch Direct Short Service Commission (nigerian Navy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.