Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,729 members, 7,813,405 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? (5492 Views)

60K Job Offer after 5,000 Applications and 2 Interviews | What Would YOU do? / I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? / Got an Interview With An IT Company. What Questions Should I Expect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by dboY1123(m): 4:06pm On Aug 10, 2023
There is a school that called me for an interview today, and the interview is Wednesday. They have my CV and they are already aware of my discipline.

I studied Chemistry and I'm a fresh graduate, meaning I haven't been granting much interviews for me to have a prior knowledge of how and what questions would be set.

Please anybody who has done and dusted interviews in this aspect/subject should kindly give me few AOC of what might likely come out.
I really need this job at least to engage myself and I don't want to throw it out of the window.
Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by westlius(m): 5:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
Normal questions like
How may we know u
By these its ur educational qualifications and also ur love for the job how its works together.
Also ur skills will also be mentioned too, if u are best fit for the job
Some companies or schools may like about ur strengths and weaknesses

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by Puss360(f): 12:16pm On Aug 11, 2023
Are you fit for the Job?
How long can you last? grin grin
After you arrive grin how soon can you go again? grin grin
Are you okay working with group? grin grin

Pls no quote me... I'm not feeling fine grin grin

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by Godblessx: 12:17pm On Aug 11, 2023
Also prepare for aptitude test, or what we call impromptu test.

I believe you have a nice response when you are asked about salary, don’t sell yourself short.

Learn about behavioral questions relating to academic settings and subject you will be teaching

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by sylve11: 12:17pm On Aug 11, 2023
Puss360:
How long can you last grin grin

This one sef na part of it? 😆 🤣 cool
Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by mrjoeblinks: 12:18pm On Aug 11, 2023
Ehen?
No input, just sha prepare! Inhale confidence and exhale doubt in the course of your interview. Good luck chap!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by Kenmatt(m): 12:18pm On Aug 11, 2023
Now you're praying to get the Job.

You will get the Job.

In few months time, you will still come here to lament that teaching Job is slavery while the pay is peanut.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by Chetas81(m): 12:18pm On Aug 11, 2023
Oniranu taking lecture from olodo, this is sign that you're not looking for job,if you continued to do this
Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by Puss360(f): 12:19pm On Aug 11, 2023
sylve11:

This one sef na part of it? 😆 🤣 cool
😂😂😂... All na questions
Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by Ebitus: 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2023
What is your greatest accomplishment?
Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by taiwotimitt: 12:22pm On Aug 11, 2023
How far is your house to our school?
If your transport fare is more than less than 2h, welcome on board
Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by kcdendelo: 12:22pm On Aug 11, 2023
Why should we hire you?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by ideamonster: 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2023
great one OP
Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by ojun50(m): 12:25pm On Aug 11, 2023
Also prepare for micro teaching

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by Starpro87(m): 12:25pm On Aug 11, 2023
They may ask you to take the students on any topic in chemistry.
Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by illicit(m): 12:25pm On Aug 11, 2023
Don't just sit there and be saying yes sir, yes ma

Maintain eye contact

Negotiate your work terms and conditions

And ur pay

Make sure your work is equivalent to ur pay

You can compromise but don't sell yourself short.

There's no question they will ask you that's above you as a graduate.

Be confident

They might ask u to have a trial class, so be prepared, no go allow students come dey teach you for class...

I teach

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by shantti(m): 12:26pm On Aug 11, 2023
Schools that pays less than 100k shouldn't be conducting interviews.

In fact they should prostate and thank profusely any teacher that decides to teach with them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by jimmyolasun: 12:27pm On Aug 11, 2023
Can
Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by Aguogba(m): 12:28pm On Aug 11, 2023
dboY1123:
There is a school that called me for an interview today, and the interview is Wednesday. They have my CV and they are already aware of my discipline.

I studied Chemistry and I'm a fresh graduate, meaning I haven't been granting much interviews for me to have a prior knowledge of how and what questions would be set.

Please anybody who has done and dusted interviews in this aspect/subject should kindly give me few AOC of what might likely come out.
I really need this job at least to engage myself and I don't want to throw it out of the window.
Thank you very much.
https://www.utoledo.edu/nsm/chemistry/grad/assistantships.html
Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by AmadeGTG: 12:28pm On Aug 11, 2023
K
Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by Hezzyluv: 12:31pm On Aug 11, 2023
Most of the questions you would be ask are from elementary chemistry. I am saying it from the previous teaching interview I had attended.

Was asked:
What is quantum number?
How can it be applied in projectile?
What happens to a body under escape velocity when the motion stops?

Tho na lecturing job.

Baba began to bit his tongue in some answer to the questions grin grin grin

I was actually sleepless a night to the day practicing Laplace equation, Lagrange equation, plasma frequency equation and the rest. Neglecting the small small keypoints. grin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by wittywriter: 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2023
dboY1123:

Please anybody who has done and dusted interviews in this aspect/subject should kindly give me few AOC of what might likely come out..
Thank you very much.

Go there with your A game and let me give you a secret statement that will make you stand out....drop your digit for a short prep talk call conconversation.

Wittyness
Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by toprealman: 12:33pm On Aug 11, 2023
dboY1123:

Thank you very much.
School interview is a class thing. Choose any topic you like and teach the students.
Question and answer from your mini lecture.
Talk like a real boss, own the class!!!
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by MykellOni(m): 12:38pm On Aug 11, 2023
A
Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by Nemesis0147(m): 12:39pm On Aug 11, 2023
Kenmatt:
Now you're praying to get the Job.

You will get the Job.

In few months time, you will still come here to lament that teaching Job is slavery while the pay is peanut.
not all schools pay peanuts oga…maybe na Loyola Jesuit or premier academy wan interview am so.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by wittywriter: 12:44pm On Aug 11, 2023
dboY1123:

Thank you very much.

Drop your digits so I'll link you up for a short prep call that will prepare you and make you stand out ...you'll be exposed to secret response that wows out in interviews.
BTW why are you scared when your proffession can earn you a living via online..?

Paul8344:
Went for an interview on Monday in a research and development firm. We (3) were ushered in, waited for about 20 minutes before 3 interviewers arrived. The interviewers introduced themselves, gave us 3 plane paper and began:
1. Tell us about yourself and what you are passionate about
2.why did you choose our firm?
3. Multiply 65 by 17 without writing and tell us how you arrived at the answer

The other questions were brainstorming questions and needed analytical skills for you to attempt them.

Research about the school and know what they need.
Also, try and get in touch with any of their employees
Hope they employed you.

Wittyness
Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by qanda: 12:47pm On Aug 11, 2023
Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by Paul8344(m): 12:48pm On Aug 11, 2023
Went for an interview on Monday in a research and development firm. We (3) were ushered in, waited for about 20 minutes before 3 interviewers arrived. The interviewers introduced themselves, gave us 3 plane paper and began:
1. Tell us about yourself and what you are passionate about
2.why did you choose our firm?
3. Multiply 65 by 17 without writing and tell us how you arrived at the answer

The other questions were brainstorming questions and needed analytical skills for you to attempt them.

Research about the school and know what they need.
Also, try and get in touch with any of their employees

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by Geneh411: 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2023
Get ready for an aptitude test and study a particular topic very well cuz you will be asked to do a micro teaching, during the micro teaching, be relaxed, audible, confident and engage the students by asking them questions during the course of the micro teaching. Good luck bro!
Re: I Want To Start Preparing For Interviews, What Questions Should I Expect? by Femich18(m): 1:07pm On Aug 11, 2023
Prepare for Aptitude test

(1) (2) (Reply)

Employment Opportunities With A Multinational In Calabar / Electricity Distribution Company Recruiting Entry Level And Experienced Position / Spectranet Limited Is Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.