Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders (16031 Views)

Pictures Of Supporters At Peter Obi/Labor Party Rally In Benue / Tinubu, Oluwo, Buhari, Other Losers Of Osun Election / Pictures From Labour Party's Rally In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by Fira09(m): 7:13am On Aug 16, 2022
2023: Forget political party, rally round Tinubu – Oluwo to Yoruba leader

Ahead of the 2023 presidential election, the Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrosheed Adewale Akanbi has appealed to Yoruba leaders and politicians to seek each other’s forgiveness in the interest of Nigeria.

The popular monarch also beseeched Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2023 general election, to establish a rapport with all aggrieved Yoruba leaders and politicians for genuine reconciliation and compromise.

While noting that the appeal became necessary to have a united Yoruba house ahead of the 2023 general election, he maintained that forgiving themselves would bring a colourful outing in favour of a Southern presidential candidate.

In a statement made available by Alli Ibraheem, his Chief Press Secretary, Oba Akanbi charged them to write a new history for Yorubaland by promoting political unity and understanding among themselves ahead of the 2023 general election.

“I call on Yoruba leaders, stakeholders and politicians to write a new history of hope, brighter future and positive promises by forgiving each other. Without forgiveness, relationships will not give birth to promising children. I’m making this appeal with my crown to endure, entertain each other’s differences and cut the political curse on the Yorubas.

“The late sage, Obafemi Awolowo tried. Then the late business tycoon, Moshood Kasimawo Abiola made a trial and won democracy for us. The same mistake must not be repeated. This is not about political parties. It is natural to offend each other but divine to forgive.

“The chance of one of us becoming the President of Nigeria is bright and promising. He might have offended you just as you also might have offended someone. Let’s heal the wound of enemity to move on and faster. This is the last chance if we want our children to forgive us.”

While hinting that the move should cut across party lines and political party affiliation, the Oluwo insisted that Tinubu is a candidate that is experienced and virile to govern Nigeria on merit.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/16/2023-forget-political-party-rally-round-tinubu-oluwo-to-yoruba-leaders/

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by God1000(m): 7:19am On Aug 16, 2022
We want technocrat and someone of integrity as president, not riffraff and machiavellian

330 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:22am On Aug 16, 2022
Osibanjo is the brightest. Don't know how you all dumped him 4 an old man who should be receiving medical care @ old people's home.

236 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by Quest7777: 7:23am On Aug 16, 2022

This one is still playing the Tribal card ahead of National interests.

The Afenifere Elders have already spoken; it is the turn of SE for those who believe in fairness & equity. The North just did 8years, so South should be next. Obasanjo (SW) & Jonathan (SS) have had their turns. So the true emi lokan should be SE. cool

Beyond emi lokan, PO is the most vibrant & competent.
Indeed, PO represents the only genuine hope of Nigeria making a revolutionary u-turn from Business As Usual & The Status Quo.

Good Leadership starts with integrity. Tinubu & Atiku that massively bribed delegates to win primaries have already failed the integrity test.
Infact, if secret balloting had been implemented, none of them would have emerged.

Also Tinubu is too sick & old & has far passed his prime. Chances are if he wins, Aso Rock would be turned into an Old People's Retirement Home with half of his tenure spent abroad on Medical Tourism.

&I doubt if any sane Nigerian would desire a President like this...

149 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by Yoruba1stson: 7:23am On Aug 16, 2022
BAT23 is a done deal
Jagaban is our next president insha allah

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by Wintertime: 7:23am On Aug 16, 2022
What's there to simply say

Let's form oduduwa Republic.

Useless clown

Imagine some fools saying they will chase people out of Lagos

I pray they try it..

Niger Delta oil will elude them

It's we that don't want to talk

Igbos are only the active ones who want to separate

Wish my people will have sense

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by after4: 7:24am On Aug 16, 2022
Why are they always shouting "Yoruba rally around pee-poo candidate"?

Because Yoruba's do not support him and he knows.

Then someone tell me he will win Lagos? Or SW states?

Yoruba's are not dull people and am sure of that. Forget all these noise wey we dey make for here. They are very smart people and they will not vote for the pee-poo candidate

150 Likes 19 Shares

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by strangest(m): 7:24am On Aug 16, 2022
I am not surprised.... DRUG ADDICTS will always support their DEALERS....

74 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by Manson1(m): 7:25am On Aug 16, 2022
I'll only urge us to vote wisely

BTW...

This is a four bedroom residential accommodation designed by asomarchitectng..

It's has an ante room, living room, dinning area with bar ,laundry and all rooms ensuite. Contact us for the complete architectural drawings/construction..

See my signature for contact details/portfolio...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by SlavaUkraini: 7:25am On Aug 16, 2022
See this Oba that is a known Tout.

We should forget about political party because he knows APC has failed Nigerians WOEFULLY.

The same way they are telling us to forget about Religion because they want to achieve their Ethnic and Tribal ambition.

Stupid People...

What the Yahoo Yahoo Oba failed to mention is the fact that Obasanjo a Yoruba Man was President of this country Twice.

But because Obasanjo is a Christian, he did not mention Obasanjo's Presidency when he was mentioning the number of times Yoruba people have aspired for the top job.

The Only reason he is rallying behind Tinubu is because Tinubu is also a fellow Yoruba Muslim like him and not because the Drug Baron has anything to offer Nigerians.

If Tinubu has something to offer Nigerians, why has he not helped the Buhari Government that he supported and foisted on Nigerians twice after making yahoo yahoo Promises all over the nation.

It is time for election again and even those that are suffering under the harsh economic policies of the APC Government are still planning to vote for APC....

Because of Tribal and Ethnic Sentiments.

So it is easy for them to say " Forget about the Party, Forget about Religion"

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by NmachiEbubechi: 7:25am On Aug 16, 2022
sad
Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by Omooba77: 7:25am On Aug 16, 2022
Fira09:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/16/2023-forget-political-party-rally-round-tinubu-oluwo-to-yoruba-leaders/

This noise maker again.......

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by MarketDispatch: 7:25am On Aug 16, 2022
All I can say is this Monarch too wants to collect his share when money is released for Election campaigns by APC

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by wolesmile(m): 7:25am On Aug 16, 2022
BAT...

Giving the baby factory, mpuru nmiri manufacturers orgasm back to back

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by crossfm: 7:25am On Aug 16, 2022
Hehehe.

Since APC was defeated in Osun election this one don turn motivational speaker.

Adeleke over to you. Make sure you give him the Sanisu treatment.

137 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by slawomir: 7:25am On Aug 16, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Only someone who is mentally derranged will support tinubu

134 Likes 21 Shares

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by ekukeku(m): 7:25am On Aug 16, 2022
Excuse m sir
Kabiesi o
U supported Oyetola at d governorship election

But e lu le sir
Tinubu ?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by temitope27(m): 7:25am On Aug 16, 2022
Of course we will

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by mayowayon: 7:25am On Aug 16, 2022
Na by force

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by butterfly777(m): 7:25am On Aug 16, 2022
This Oluwo is always anti-Yoruba. Do you expect us to leave Peter Obi who has a record of good performance and prudent management and vote for very old Tinubu who keeps exploiting Lagosians financially?

This election is above tribal and religious sentiments. And we Yorubas want to vote wisely.

Vote wisely.
Vote Peter Obi for President, 2023.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by geogrev(m): 7:25am On Aug 16, 2022
am eager to know who will who pastor Adeboye G.O RCCG will support this time.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by babaRUNtinz(m): 7:26am On Aug 16, 2022
Oluwo don start again.. Na so we rally round Oyetola for Osun before he lulẹ̀

12 Likes

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by mactoni91(m): 7:26am On Aug 16, 2022
Before you follow what he says...

Stop and Think...

Ask yourself this, is he suffering like most Nigerians do?
Does he have armed security details securing him 24/7?

Are his kids schooling in Nigeria?

Is the biting Economy getting to his Family?

If you get the answer to these questions, you know who to vote.

Don't let anyone cajole you into voting for whom they want all because they're personally benefiting from them.

Weather you vote for either of the Candidates, this monarch is already made...

He won't be suffering should we ever make a wrong choice.

Na me and you go suffer am.

All i just have to say is Vote Wisely !!!

13 Likes

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by kingjiss: 7:26am On Aug 16, 2022
Fira09:

Foolish obas

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by IbadeHQ: 7:26am On Aug 16, 2022
This is how it should be.

161 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by blackpanda: 7:26am On Aug 16, 2022
Yes o

Sai tinubu

Even we igbos will vote Tinubu because he really deserves it

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by Kingcalls: 7:26am On Aug 16, 2022
Rally around him on what grounds... this is y Nigeria is suffering

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by Mrkumareze(m): 7:26am On Aug 16, 2022
Vote wisely

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:26am On Aug 16, 2022
I'm Ifeanyi from Anambra, my vote and that of my family is for Tinubu.

I won't let ethnic bigotry cloud my sense of reasoning to support Obi because he's my brother.

We knew what Tinubu did in Lagos, Obi is far behind him.

163 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by Hoelujohn: 7:27am On Aug 16, 2022
Yoruba1stson:
BAT23 is a done deal
Jagaban is our next president insha allah
I will vote for Jagaban if only he will campaign unaided or attends a debate.

155 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by sofiscatedmoron: 7:27am On Aug 16, 2022
Buharu looks stronger self

164 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 2023: Forget Political Party, Rally Round Tinubu – Oluwo To Yoruba Leaders by Applegirl22: 7:27am On Aug 16, 2022
its yoruba turn

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Govt’s Response Will Determine Duration Of Protest — NLC / I Won’t Be Intimidated By Desperate Politicians – Ekweremadu / Remi Tinubu’s National Assembly Office ‘burgled’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.