Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth (946 Views)

MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} / Once Upon A First Love Story By Tope Omotosho. / LOVESTRUCK - A Campus Love Story. By Demsid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Rick9(m): 9:46pm On Aug 16, 2022
I came across this beautiful story on Facebook written by a girl called Opeyemi. It was so fascinating that I took my time to edit it and I decided to share it on Nairaland.

I'm not the owner of the story. I don't own the content.

I hope you enjoy it.
Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Rick9(m): 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2022
(A Cart Before The Horse)
CHAPTER
ONE

The moment I received my certificate, I snapped a few pictures and sent it to my WhatsApp family group chat.

I glanced at the certificate and smiled. I wished he was here to see me, I wished he was closer to me to see his own investment.

He was my first love, it was love at first sight. We dated for three years. After ignoring him for one year, I succumbed to dating him.

I was so young, naive. I just graduated from high school at age seventeen. He just concluded his NYSC in Kano State.

We met each other when I went to visit a friend. He couldn't stop calling me.

After I agreed to date him, he made a promise to foot part of my school bills. Three years into our relationship, He wants to get married to me.

I was too young. I just clocked 20years. I was so angry. How dare you preach marriage to me? Oh is it because you are done with education, you want me to be an illiterate performing wife duties? No, that won't happen!!! I couldn't wait to listen to Dayo. I stopped picking his calls.

He couldn't stop calling, I didn't know how he got to my house that night. He cried and wailed claiming he couldn't sleep.

His parents were on his neck for marriage. He felt I would be happy but a poor girl like me was after education and nothing more. I forgave him but nothing made sense to me again.

I gave him attitude, I made him depressed. I wake up to several messages from Dayo daily. He kept disturbing me. But poor me, I still ignored it. Don't blame me, I never knew love could hurt so much.

I resumed school for the next semester, he came around but I didn't allow him to spend the night. Despite my mood towards him, he never stopped playing his part in my education. He buys my handouts, pays my lodge fees.

I blocked him for some period of time due to his constant marriage talks.

Dayo was 33, I was 20. I was young and with a small stature.

In all, he still sent his part(promise) till I graduated. No intimacy, just hugs and French kisses...

Few days ago, I snapped my certificate to appreciate and him for all he did for me. He smiled and said “I am grateful you didn't give up, but but but…"���

Emotions couldn't allow me to finish the story. This is me crying for putting someone in pain...

***to be continued***

My Dayo!!! Wherever You Are, Always Remember That I Missed You.

Love and Ignorance
#reverend_sister
#ex_ogun_state_corper

©️Aderounmu Sweetness Elizabeth 2022
Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Rick9(m): 10:00pm On Aug 16, 2022
CHAPTER
TWO

Dayo is a romantic soul. He saw perfection in me. He made me feel like a happy soul but I never showed love to him. I was after my education.

***Don't blame me, am the first child of my parents, the first grand-daughter***

He made me realize that I can be a married woman and also a student. I on the other hand was scared to open up to my parents concerning marriage at a tender age of twenty. My father will roast me alive.

Dayo addressed me as “sweetness”. He taught me how to love. I wake up to see love messages via messenger and sms.

He is too romantic.. His lines were “I will wait for you, it's you I want”.

He calls me every time. He always longed for my voice… He made love perfect.

At some point, I got scared because his love was choking me.

I was not beautiful, I wonder what he saw in me. Despite my looks, this handsome soul wouldn't let me drink water and drop the cup.

My pictures still remain on his Facebook profile. He always celebrate me.

Dayo wanted the best for me, he was the best thing that ever happened to me but I was scared of going into a relationship with someone who is educated.

When I got to year two, he called to reassure me of his love and I asked him to move on. “I am not going to get married till i graduate from school, I also want to make my family proud by being the first graduate of my parents.” Dayo cried. I saw a mature man in his thirties sobbing over a little girl under twenty. He shed tears constantly.

******sobs uncontrollably*****
I want to drop the pen here. Words fail me. I'm in tears.

****Let me continue the story***
Dear readers, Are you with popcorn and chilled yoghurt? If you are the emotional one like me�

Dayo!
Dayo!!
Dayo!!!

In 2016, my second semester result was released. I had missing results. I cried and had no one to talk to. I was scared of carryover. Dayo was the only one I could confide in due to the fact my parents are strict. He talked to me over the phone. The following morning, Dayo was at my doorstep drenched in rain. What manner of love is this? He travelled from Lagos to Ibadan all for me.

I was surprised because i expected him to be at work plus he didn't notify me of his coming. I welcomed him and I was somehow happy He was around. I told him all that happened and he requested I write to the department concerning my missing results.

“Dayo, I can't write a letter” I said.

“My sweetness, I'll write it for you.”

After writing the letter, he followed me to my department to submit the letter. He spent two days and went back to Lagos.

During the time of his visit, He washed my clothes, prepared my meals, took me out, and filled my kitchen with foodstuffs. He Still sends me romantic text messages whenever we are together but no intimacy. With all of these, I still don't want to be married at that age.�

A month later, my results were released. He became happy. I could feel it. He sent me money to chill out in order to celebrate my good results. “You made me proud, my sweetness” He said over the phone.

My school went on break. I travelled home to visit my parents. Dayo was happy that I was back in Lagos State. He invited me to his church. I agreed to worship in his parish the next Sunday. It was my first time attending his church. We both attended The Redeemed Christian Church of God but different parishes..

I dressed up and headed to Dayo’s church in Agege. The moment he saw me, he smiled. Happiness filled his face, he couldn't believe I would show up. It was their youth anniversary. He introduced me to church members as his girlfriend during the youth program. I was shy, i was scared not to see anyone am familiar with.

After the program, he took me to his pastor’s office. The pastor prayed for us. After the prayer, he counselled us and asked for my genotype. My genotype is AC, Dayo smiled.

*********to be continued********

Love and thunder
#reverend_sister
#ogunstatecorper

Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Rick9(m): 12:18am On Aug 17, 2022
CHAPTER
THREE

We knelt down for his pastor to pray for us. My genotype is AC, Dayo is AA. People with AA genotypes are so proud, he didn't even bother to ask of mine but fell in love with me. As he fondly call me “My sweetness “

Dayo was staying in a one room self-contained house before he moved to a 3-bedroom flat. His pastor paid for the accommodation as a gift to him (being the youth President in his church)..

“My sweetness, pastor T gave me keys to a new apartment. We will live there as lovely couples. I can't wait to get married to you. You are the best thing that ever happened to me.” he said and I smiled.

“Dayo, what exactly attracted me to you? I'm scared if this is love!! I'm actually scared. Hope you remember I told you that I am not going to get married until I become a graduate?” I asked.

He interrupted “my sweetness, please don't do this to me. I'll be 34 years old next month, I will be glad to be married to you. Please, I will do anything for you.” I wish I could say Yes to him. He has sacrificed a lot for me. But I am too young.

On April 9th, Dayo will clock 34years. I will be twenty-one years old the same year. How will I open up to my parents that I have gotten a man who loved me with his life? How will I face my father; a very strict man? He is all i got.��

Dayo is a tall man, he doesn't look his age. He is dark in complexion with a charming smile. He is always happy. A perfect prayer point for a future partner!

***Dayo was ready to come see my parents but I declined****

On Dayo’s birthday, he popped up the question “Will you marry me sweetness?” I was lost in words. Being an emotional girl child, we both started crying. Who will console my baby??

He must present a wife to his parents by April end and I wasn't ready to accept him as my husband.

How I wished God, you would turn the hands of time?

Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Rick9(m): 12:20am On Aug 17, 2022
“Elizabeth, if you dare accept Dayo, forget being a graduate. He is all over you, he won't allow you to complete your education. He will deprive you!!” My friend Shade said. “If he constantly disturbs you, block him.. If he can't wait. He should move on”. Shade continued to rant.

I listened to her and told him that I wasn't ready to be married at age twenty-one.

On dayo’s birthday, I couldn't afford to buy him cake. He sent money to my account and said “Sweetness, buy me a cake and present it to me as a gift from you.” I smiled, rushed to cakes_n_more to get a cake for my sweetness.

The cake was captioned “Happy birthday my sweetness.” I rushed home to present the cake to him.

On getting to his home, his friends were with him, the house was filled with guests and colleagues that came to celebrate with him.

“Dayo, how far? You aren't getting younger, your baby got you cake and gift, what is stopping you from getting married? One of his friends chipped in”.

Dayo said I was the one delaying him, he is ready. The party was fun. For the first time, I kissed him passionately and felt his love. I couldn't stop thinking about him. He drove me home that night after the birthday party..

I fell in love. I couldn't stop thinking about Dayo. I was more of the caller after the birthday. I knew what it takes to love. I wasn't in my right senses again. I would always avoid Dayo before but now I longed for his presence, his smell, his touch, his voice, I could barely think straight again.

Hope I am not running mad? Each time I heard his voice my heart beats fast. I had to open up to Dayo about my recent feelings. He said “Baby, we are in Love. Babe, I told you I will teach you how to love me. I am happy we are in Love” Dayo couldn't stop smiling.

Our love continued to wax strong until Dayo was transferred to Katsina state for work. I cried my eyes out, how will God do this to me? I love Dayo now and am not ready to let go. He sobbed like a baby. We couldn't let go of each other. It was a day we never expected...

“Baby, keep yourself for me. It's just a three month contract. I will be back to Lagos” he said. “Always remember I love you.” He placed a kiss on my forehead. I sobbed till I got home.

I lost my appetite. I couldn't eat. I cried daily, weeping like a lost soul. “My mother noticed I was moody. Elizabeth, what happened to you? I noticed you've been moody for days”. Mum said

“I have malaria symptoms” I lied.

I never knew I could miss Dayo. It's just a week since he travelled. It was then I knew I was in love....

***to be continued ***

Love and Candle
#Reverendsister
#Ex_ogun_state_Corper

Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Rick9(m): 6:35am On Aug 17, 2022
CHAPTER
FOUR

I wept like someone that lost gold. Dayo was scared the way I was sobbing. My sweetness, with the way you are crying profusely, I hope you won't leave me? I never knew you loved me this much! You never sobbed in my presence.

“I'm scared! I'm scared!!!” he muttered.

I couldn't talk, just sobbing. I never knew love could happen to me.

“I understand we love each other, I promise you that at my next homecoming, we are getting married”. He said. “Had it been you had agreed to marry me earlier, this trip wouldn't have happened. I was transferred because I am still single, but it's fine.” He said. “My wife, My prayer point, The mother of my unborn kids, my happiness, my sweetness, My Joy, The one that understands me best, I promise not to do anything to hurt you. Nothing can attract me to any lady. You are my prayer point. I have never loved this way before, I promise you”. Dayo said as tears continued flowing and rubbing my coconut head.

(Phone rings)

“Baby, I arrived in Katsina safely, thank God for journey mercies.” Dayo phoned me. We spoke for over thirty minutes on the phone. I recorded our conversations to listen to them anytime I miss him. I woke up daily to read Dayo's love messages he sent to me. He does this morning, afternoon, and night. He was too Romantic!!!

(Weeks Passed)

“Babe, how are you doing? How's my love in your heart? Hope it's still 100%?” He asked via phone call.

“Of course, you remain the love of my life. I can't wait to be in your arms again”. I replied

The conversation continues daily.

*************One month later***************
One month without Dayo’s presence feels like forever ��

I was bored in my parents' house and decided to chill out at Dayo's house. Remember, I had the spare keys to his apartment.

I boarded a bike from my house to Oshodi, then took a public bus to Agege. I got to Dayo's house and happiness filled my eyes again.

“I miss Dayo, I wish he was here, he would have hugged me from behind, lift me to the sitting room, and serve me a delicious meal.” I said to myself. (soliloquizing)

I plugged in the mp3 to listen to music. I selected ‘The Air I Breathe' by Jerry K’ (It was Dayo's best song).

The music filled my soul, I recalled how Dayo lectured me about God’s love and I prayed a simple prayer for him. That man deserves happiness forever. I remembered how we met.

Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Rick9(m): 6:36am On Aug 17, 2022
How I met Dayo (flashback)

In July 2012, I graduated from High school. However, in September 2014 I applied as a teacher in a primary school. We (teachers) are close, we visit each other during weekends. The headteacher was celebrating his birthday, and other colleagues decided to visit him to celebrate. I was in a gown with slippers, I packed my hair all back. The party was fun, we danced, gist and ate to satisfaction. Everyone decided to go home. The headteacher accompanied me to the junction with his neighbor. I boarded a bus heading to my street, the headteacher and his neighbor went back. I waved my hands to them. On getting home, I missed several calls from the headteacher. I couldn't pick up but I called back.

“Lizzy, please can you come back? Someone is not alright because of you. Please come back!!!” I got scared and insisted on not showing up the same day, though the distance was not far from my house. That night, the headteacher came with someone (Dayo).

“He explained how Dayo couldn't stop staring at me. How he loved me on sighting me. God is so good, Dayo’s cousin was my school daughter. We became friends for one year before I finally agreed to date him”��

I couldn't help but smile remembering how our parts crossed. Despite my naughty attitude he still stood his ground. Dayo deserves an award for being a patient goal-getter!!!! My man deserves an award.

(phone rings)

“My sweetness, how are you doing? Where are you?” Dayo inquired. I'm currently in your house, I replied

“Really? Well go into the bedroom, open the cupboard, there is white plastic. Kindly open it and tell me what you see.”

I was too forward and forgot to lock the door when I entered... I opened the plastic and passed out.

***to be continued ***

Love and candle
#Reverendsister
#Ex_ogun_state_Corper

Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Johnny234(m): 9:02am On Aug 17, 2022
Nice one keep it coming.

1 Like

Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Rick9(m): 2:53pm On Aug 17, 2022
CHAPTER
FIVE

“My sweetness, kindly open the plastic and tell me what you see.” Dayo said, I was too forward and anxious to see what Dayo kept for me. I remembered I am yet to lock the door, I quickly used the catcher to lock it.

What could it be? My Dayo doesn't keep anything from me. I can't believe babe hid something from me (soliloquizing). A hard girl like me moved closer to the wardrobe, saw a white plastic, opened it. Lo and behold; I saw a written note.

“Dear sweetness,
Promise me you'll never forget me, because if I thought you would, I'd never leave."
“Promise me you will hold my hands till the end?”
“Promise me you won't give up on me?”
“I’m giving you my heart now and forever. My goal is to make sure that I always make you feel loved, appreciated, and accepted, even over text”.
“I will wait for you.”
“Three months without your presence feels like forever”
“There are a thousand reasons to be with you forever”..
“Check your account balance. I love you so so much baby.”

I read the love letter and felt emotional. You thought I passed out? No, I didn't. Dayo’s love choked me. He lives rent free in my head. “Damn!!! Such a romantic soul.” I exclaimed.

It's almost evening, I need to rush home before the arrival of my mum.

“Now that I love Dayo, maybe I should open up to my mother concerning him. I don't mind the risk” (soliloquizing). I thought to myself.

“Lizzy, it's high time you went home, mum is back. (talking to myself)”

Another day without dayo’s presence. I had to sniff one of his clothes to myself before dashing home. I felt at peace.

I trekked down the street to get a public bus heading to my route. In thirty minutes, I got home. No one was back including my siblings.

(Dialing sweetness) ** picks up***

“Baby, I'm home.” I said.

“It's fine dear, remember to tell mum about our conversation. Anticipate LizzyDayo” he said to me.

“Okay my love…” (hangs up)

Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Rick9(m): 2:55pm On Aug 17, 2022
“Elizabeth! Elizabeth!! Elizabeth!!!! Who prepared this food?” My mum asked angrily

“Yes, mummy, I did.” I replied.

“Wow!!! You've been cooking rubbish. This is not you. Always on the phone, I hope you have time for your studies again!!! You forgot to add salt to this food. You that started cooking very young. A whole chef’s daughter!! I'm very disappointed.” Mum mumbled.

“But I added salt, oh my mother will seize my phone again. I'm scared exactly.” (soliloquizing).

**Same day 5pm**

Dear sweetness, I prepared my parents meal, I forgot to add seasonings. Mum is very angry. My phone would be seized when dad comes back. Should incase my line is not reachable, I will call you in a business center. I love you so much. Bye for now. (message to Dayo)

**Same day 7pm**

“Elizabeth! Elizabeth!! Elizabeth!!!” My father called.

“Sir, sir...hmmm..”

“You prepared food without adding seasonings right? Why won't you forget? When you are always on the phone, listening to music. That phone is meant to be for assignments. Well, I have no words to say. Before I leave for work tomorrow, drop the phone on the shelf. No use of the phone till you return to school.”

“Last week Sunday, your mates were reciting Bible verses in church, but you, nothing on your big head. Always phone, I remember I warned my bro Kehinde (uncle) not to buy you a phone.”

I sobbed and apologized to Dad for seizing the phone but it fell on deaf ears. My phone was seized... “How will I contact Dayo?” I wondered.
Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Rick9(m): 2:56pm On Aug 17, 2022
Two months without Dayo’s presence. (Went to the business center to call him)

“Good morning dear.” (he acknowledged my voice immediately).

“Dayo, I'm sent on errands, I love you but I don't think I can continue. My parents almost sent me out for not adding enough salt to the meal. It's becoming obvious, I can barely think straight. I can't tell them about our love again, the best is for us to part ways. It's affecting me, I'm always thinking about you, this is not the real me. My parents are suspecting me. I love you, but the best is for us to part ways for now. Please understand it's not my fault. I said to him in tears”.

Dayo was speechless, he couldn't talk. He was stuttering on the phone. “Baby, please don't do this to me. We can work it out. You can't leave me halfway. It's impossible. No! you just can't. Your parents can't deprive you of your love. Baby, please.” (Dayo sobbed while talking).

I ended the conversation and went home.

“Elizabeth, you should resume lectures next week right”? Dad asked

“Yes sir. Good, your phone is inside my bag, pick it up. I will drive you to school next week.”

I left my dad's presence happily with my phone. I logged onto my messenger to inform Dayo about my phone. I noticed I have over 30 unread messages from him.

“Baby, if you leave me. I will never forgive you. You made me perfect, we are perfect for each other but if this is what you want, fine! Nevertheless, I will arrive in Lagos next week. Say it to my face that you are no longer interested, then I won't disturb you again.”

“You are coming home next week? Wow!!!” I said happily.
“Dear diary, Dayo will be back home this month, I can't wait to see him. I love him so much.” (I wrote inside my diary as usual).
Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Rick9(m): 2:57pm On Aug 17, 2022
“Opeyemi! Opeyemi!! Opeyemi!!!!!!” My mum addresses me as Opeyemi whenever she is angry. “Haaa!!! This girl has killed me. At age twenty-one, you already have a boyfriend you love?!!! Ope!!!!!!!” My mum screamed, I knew I was half dead.

“On your knees. I glanced through the message you wrote in a small note!!! Your father must hear this!!!! A deacon daughter having a boyfriend at this age!!! This girl has killed me.” My mum was speaking angrily. “No more school for you.”

“Mummy, please don't tell Daddy. He will disown me” I said crying uncontrollably. I forgot to return the diary to my box after writing”. Mum saw it.

The following week Dayo arrived in Lagos.
(Phone rings)
***Pick up***

“My sweetness, your shugar is Back!!!!” Dayo said over the phone. Happiness filled my soul, I hurriedly dressed up to welcome Dayo into his home. Lover girl jumped on public transport. In a few minutes, I got to Dayo's house. I knocked on his door, entered. I was filled with Joy plus happiness. I became speechless!!!

“God!!! This handsome man is back to me.” We looked at each other eyeball to eyeball. He hugged me and kissed passionately without uttering a word.

Dayo sobbed

To be continued.

Anticipate the concluding part.

My Dear Dayo!!! Wherever You Are, Always Remember That I Missed You.

Love and Nepa
#Reverend_sister
#Ex_ogunstate_Corper

©️Aderounmu Sweetness Elizabeth. 2022
Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Rick9(m): 7:36pm On Aug 18, 2022
CHAPTER
SIX

We held each other's arms for over thirty minutes sobbing, with no one to console us. I had to break the silence.

“Dear Sweetness, welcome back to Lagos, welcome home. Thank God for journey mercies”. I uttered.

“Thank you my wife-to-be, the journey wasn't bad. You know it's my first time traveling to the North. Three months without you feels like three years! I almost lost my mind” Dayo said.

“Babe, what exactly have you done? Did you use love medicine on me? Why is it hard to let go? Why? mmm..”

Dayo sobbed.

“Guess what? I bought a lot for you! Eighty percent of my goodies are for you.” Dayo said. “I also bought you a new phone too” he added

“Baby, you shouldn't have bought much. Where do you want me to keep it? My parents will suspect me. I don't work, I am still a student. They know I can't afford this” I whimpered.

“My sweetness, we are going to see your parents in three days to plan our wedding ceremony. I am 100% ready. You are going to be mine forever. Those guys staring at you out there are only joking! Tell them Dayo owns you!” We both laughed out loud while eating and mincing words

“Baby, we have a lot of gists.” I said.

“My sweetness, I miss us, I miss you. Especially your coconut head. You are not looking happy. What is wrong?” Dayo asked curiously

“Hmmm… Well, let's talk about that later. I need to see my mum and I would like you to come along with me.” He said.

I was all over Dayo without mincing a word. I was scared to open up to him that my father is a bit strict and I needed to go back to school very soon.

***Dayo placed a call through ****

“Hello Mummy, I just arrived in Lagos. Hope you are home?” He said over the phone.

“Yes, my son. (in Yoruba language)” His mum responded.

“Okay ma, I'm coming”. He said

His mum lives two alleys apart.

“Baby, let's go and meet your mother-in-law, she is eager to see you. I admit you know her but she is yet to recognize you. This is what you should present to her”. Dayo said as he handed me a packaged bag.
Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Rick9(m): 7:36pm On Aug 18, 2022
“Babe, it's been three years with you, just kisses and hugs. No problem, I'm not asking for much. I'll wait anytime you are ready, then we are ready. Let's hurry to Mumsy's place, then from her place, I'll see you off.” He popped a kiss on my forehead.

“Dayo, I can always see your mum some other time, it's getting late. Recall, my parents are on the lookout for me. Any little misstep, I'm out of that house”. I said

(Dayo's mood changed)

“But babe, just to say hello, no problem. Let me see you off. I will go alone.”

We parted and Dayo went to see his mum.

I hopped on the public bus, (Soliloquizing inside the bus) it seems Dayo is deceiving me. I saw the text message sister Seyi sent to him. Hummmm, that means he forgot to erase it!!! How could sister Seyi be declaring love to Dayo? Where does he want to place me?

I should have harkened to Sade's advice who told me to stop relating with Dayo. No problem, I will give him the tight-lipped treatment. (lost in thoughts)

“Driver! Driver!! Driver!!! I'm alighting at Barwa junction,” I said to the driver. He dropped me and I trekked to our house.

....Phone rings severally… Dayo calling (Ignores)

“Baby, please pick up the call. Are you home?” (text message from Dayo)
Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Rick9(m): 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2022
“Ope! Opeyemi!! Ope!!! Prepare yourself for tomorrow, Mope’s dad is going to Ibadan so he can drop you off at school” Mum murmured.

“Haaaaaaaa!!!! Mummy, I'm not prepared. I will go back to school next week.” I said murmuring

“Do you want to start making decisions for me? Mum asked. “If you don't go back tomorrow, stay back till further notice.” Mum uttered.

I hurriedly picked up my box and put in a few clothes and foodstuffs to prepare for the impromptu journey.

**Picks up phone to call** (dail Dayo’s contact)

“Hello baby, how are you? I'm heading to Ibadan tomorrow”. I said

“You must be joking, you left my place not quite long and you didn't mention such” Dayo replied

(mood changed)

“I'm sorry, I didn't know it would be sudden. My mum asked me to move tomorrow.” I replied

“It's fine babe. I will come for you... Journey mercies my love. As usual, your account will be credited as soon as I hung the call..But don't inform your parents.” Dayo said
Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Rick9(m): 7:38pm On Aug 18, 2022
The following day, I woke up ready for the journey. We arrived in Ibadan at 9am. I got to my lodge and was entertained by the indigene around. It was fun.

“Aunty Opeyemi is back ooo, everybody come outside. She is looking big. Aunty Ope went home to finish her parent’s food. This is too much, don't you want to resume back to school?” (in the Yoruba language) A neighbor of mine decided to create awareness�

“Ope! Opeyemi!! Opeyemi, come and greet me. It's unjust, you went off like that.” One of the indigenes said (in Yoruba language).

My room was filled up with indigenes that came over to greet me. I had to give out some of the things I brought. It was fun seeing them in good health.

The Hausa indigenes brought chilled zobo and biscuit for me as a welcome back gift. I smiled.

***phone rings***

“My sweetness, how are you?” You didn't bother to check up on your baby? It's unfair.” Dayo said, grumbling.

“I'm sorry my son (I address him as my son whenever I'm at fault) Your mummy is always rooting for you. Kindly allow me to call you back, I'm trying to fix up some things.'' I said, he hangs up…

**Picks up phone to call my roomie***

“Hello big head, your sister is back!!!”

My roommate exclaimed on the phone. “Opeyemi is back!!!!!!!” She said. I could hear her voice telling mum she is leaving for school the following day.

****Nightfalls***** Another night without Dayo(sobbing)

“Dayo, if there is any charm you did to me that wouldn't let me concentrate on my life and academics, I bind it in Jesus' name. This is unfair, why I'm I always thinking about you? Every time Dayo, Dayo. I can't do anything without him” (soliloquizing) “The best decision is to block him. My academics comes first” (talking to myself).
Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Rick9(m): 7:40pm On Aug 18, 2022
***Phone beeps ****

“My sweetness, inform your parents of our introduction next week; before then, I must have gone to see your parents for a list,” Dayo said

“No! What sort of introduction, who gets married as a student? Allow me to finish my education”. I tackled back.

“Well, I have said mine, I wouldn't allow Ibadan guys take away my sweetness from me” Dayo chipped in.

(continues talking)

“Baby, Do you know you are gorgeous?”
“You are the most beautiful woman in the world”.
“You are my perfection”
“You are my sweetness”
“My best part”
“My wife-to-be”

“Dayo wouldn't stop making me blush, I was smiling all through the conversation the same way you are smiling now.”

The gist continues till we both dozed off(what do you want to hear dear readers? Yes, you!!!!!!!

****To be continued(in jenifa’s voice)****

Anticipate Episode Seven. The Final Episode.

Love and Ambulance.
#Reverend_sister
#Ex_ogunstate_Corper

Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Rick9(m): 11:13am On Aug 20, 2022
CHAPTER
SEVEN
FINAL

“Good morning my sweetness, how was your night's rest? Hope you slept well? Dayo said over the phone, his voice tone. Seems he just woke up from sleep”

“My baby, I'm fine and doing good. I enjoyed our conversation yesterday. I love you so much” my reply to Dayo on call.

(Dayo continues talking)

“So I will love you to come to Lagos. I have explained to my parents, and they volunteer to meet with your parents and talk it out since we claim to be in love. You know I love you and I can't afford to lose you to anyone.”

“My sweetness, I love you but it seems you are doubting me. I am just twenty-one years old, how do you expect me to tell my parents about marriage at this age. Please understand me, my father is a strict man. I wouldn't want him to handle me tough. I'll suggest you go for someone else that is ready. I am ready for you but my parents will never accept such, please understand.”

“Haaaaa.....mmm… You can't do this to me. My parents are prepared for my wedding. I'm the first child, thirty-four years old. Please don't do this” Dayo said sobbing

***hangs the call***** (Sweetness sobbing)

“God I am on a crossed road, Dayo has been my joy, happiness, my helper. He is ready for marriage now. I'm still in school, I dare not tell my parents that I have a boyfriend and talk more about wanting to get married soon. What should I do? Dayo has tried for me. Four years of no intimacy. The same way he met me, untouched! What manner of man? Please God, can you hear me? Answer me please?”

Who can I send to talk to my father? He is a disciplinarian, I dare not talk about marriage at this age

I'm scared!
I'm scared!!
I'm scared!!!
I'm scared!!!!

“If I lose Dayo now, will I ever find someone else like him? Will I?”
“He is too perfect for me! Lord hear me!!!”
Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Rick9(m): 11:14am On Aug 20, 2022
(sweetness sobbed all day ignoring Dayo's calls)
••
••
••
***picks up the phone to call shade**

“Hi Shade, will you be in school today? I inquired

“Yes, I'm in school, meet me in the cafeteria” she replied..

“I'll join you right away.”

“Let me quickly meet Shade in the cafeteria.” She is older than me. I'm sure she will be able to advise me well on what to do. (talking to myself while walking towards sade direction)

“Shade! How are you?” I asked.

“I'm good dear, hope you are preparing for exams? It's fast approaching”. She replied

“Yes, I am.”

“Shade, I am not fine. My boyfriend wants marriage. His parents are ready for marriage this year but I dare not tell my parents, especially my father. You know he is a spiritual man? I'm scared of losing Dayo. He has tried for me. We've come a long way. What do you think I should do? Mind you, I have been ignoring his calls since last week because I don't know what to say to him. Please advise me, you are more mature than I am.” I said unhappily, my voice was fainting already.

“Elizabeth my friend, I won't lie to you. There is time for everything. Exams are fast approaching, and you are thinking of a man! How sure are you that he is not cheating on you? Oh! Do you feel because he showers a lot on you he won't cheat? Men are not to be trusted.” Shade said.

“For now, your academics come first, your Cgpa needs to be strong. I know you to be a strong girl, moreover even if you leave Dayo today. We have a lot of guys crushing on you in the department. You can always choose one anytime, any day. Don't allow any man to use marriage to tie you down! I'm twenty-five, you are twenty-one. Open your eyes very well too. Allow Dayo to go through it's painful but let go.” Shade said further.

While she was talking, I was sobbing so loud, we had to leave the cafeteria before students noticed.

“Shade, thanks for the advice. I think I will heed to it even though it's painful.” I said

“Today is a bad day!!! God, I have no choice. Sade has advised me already, I wonder how Dayo will feel now! He will be crying daily. For the past one week, we've not communicated. I'm looking pale all because of a man.”

See! I have made up my mind. Academics come first. I'll call Dayo when I get home. (soliloquizing on the road)

“Okada! Okada! (sweetness trying to fly a bike home) Yes, I'm heading to Silver street. How much is it?” I asked.

“Hundred Nairas only.” He replied.

I hopped on the bike, we headed to my place...

****Two minutes after****

“Okada!!! Kindly drop me here. Have your money, thank you.”
Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Rick9(m): 11:14am On Aug 20, 2022
I got home sobbing, my eyes are swollen already, I don't know how to face Dayo. I have blocked him on Facebook. Ignored his calls for a week. (talking aloud sobbing while rolling on the bed)

I'll unblock him now, to drop his messages. I don't think I can face him or talk to him via phone. I won't be able to express myself! I am too emotional. “God, why me?” Always crying! (continues to talk aloud)

I picked up the phone, log onto Facebook to unblock him after many days. I met 50 Unread messages from Dayo.

“My sweetness, please unblock me”
“My sweetness, please hear me out”.
“I am not trying to deprive you of your education”.
“I promise to sponsor you to any level you want”.
“My baby, please don't ignore me”
“I'm incomplete without you”
“Please hear me out”
“Opeyemi my own(in the Yoruba language)”
“It's been a week without hearing from you, I can barely sleep”
“My soul longs for you”
“Are you sure you are okay?”
“I'm scared, please reply to me”
“You've turned me into a drunkard, I now feed on drinks”
“This is unfair if anything happens to me. Then you caused it”
“You pushed me away”
“I am not asking for more”
“You are a blessing to me”
“Don't push me away”
“Marriage doesn't stop academics”
“My sweetness, have mercy on me”
“I'm currently in hospital, let me see you once again please”

••
••
••

The messages I read from Dayo broke me down. I cried reading it. I couldn't read for exams the same day.

***My response to his messages.***

“Hi Dayo, you have been a blessing to me. I appreciate but academics come first. I'm sorry for blocking you. It's not my fault! I need to concentrate on my life. I'll block you now and unblock you on my final paper. Then we can talk about marriage. Bye for now, I love you.”

***Blocks Dayo Again.***

“God, I now feed on tears.”
“I now cry daily.”
“It's been weeks without Dayo. How will he feel?”
“How?”
“Please don't make him depressed.”
“Keep him for me till I graduate”.
“I will come for him”.
“For now, I can't do two things at the same time. Exams are fast approaching. I wish myself success in life”.

••
••
••

***sweetness deactivated her Facebook account•••
Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Rick9(m): 11:16am On Aug 20, 2022
(Two years later)

“Thank God, I'm now a graduate. Dayo must be so proud of me. I need to call him so we can start talking.” I said happily.

**picks up the phone to call dayo***

“I'll try it later, Dayo must be proud of me.” I said smiling.

For two months, the number was unreachable. I started feeling worried.

Months passed by. I decided to reach out to the headmaster that stays in Dayo's former lodge by unblocking him on Facebook.

“I am disappointed in you”.
“Despite how Dayo loves you, academics you claim made you push him away”.
“It's unfair”.
“Dayo is currently under medication”.
“God will judge you”.
“I know you are young but you should have sought advice”.
“Good men are Rare”.
“You blocked everyone from communicating with you”.
“It's unfair!”
“You pushed a good man away!”

Bye!!!

“I replied, please can we talk?”
“I'm trying to reach him, but his line is not reachable?”

***Logs out***

The following day, Dayo replied on Facebook messenger.

“You pushed me away”
“You made me depressed”
“You made me a prisoner for years”
“You deprived me of our sweet love”
“You vacate me from your heart all because of academics”.
“You made me a friend to a hospital!”
“I became a drunkard until my parents”......
“The pressure was too much”
“You deprived me of communicating with you?”
“Good, now you are fine right?”
“You've graduated?”
Congratulations!!!!

“I got married to someone you pushed me to!”
“I got married to someone that came in my low state”
“She saw me battling depression.”
“She had to save me”
“I battled with insomnia”
“I couldn't sleep”
“I was relieved of my job due to poor productivity”
“I was granted bed rest”
“I lost focus”

“Opeyemi, You pushed me”
“You sent me away, TILL MY OLD AGE, I'll keep saying you Pushed me Away”

“Thank you for all you do”
“I wish you success Life has to offer”

“Congratulations but always remember You pushed me away and I will never forgive you!!!!”

“Good day Opeyemi”

Dayo got married!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa......m..”(Sweetness Sobbing Loudly.)”

**************THE END************

Love and Pains.
#Reverend_sister
#Ex_ogunstate_Corper
#nonfiction
#fictitious_names

Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Rick9(m): 2:33pm On Sep 18, 2022
Hope you enjoyed the story?
Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by markly32(f): 3:18pm On Sep 18, 2022
Rick9:
CHAPTER
ONE

The moment I received my certificate, I snapped a few pictures and sent it to my WhatsApp family group chat.

I glanced at the certificate and smiled. I wished he was here to see me, I wished he was closer to me to see his own investment.

He was my first love, it was love at first sight. We dated for three years. After ignoring him for one year, I succumbed to dating him.

I was so young, naive. I just graduated from high school at age seventeen. He just concluded his NYSC in Kano State.

We met each other when I went to visit a friend. He couldn't stop calling me.

After I agreed to date him, he made a promise to foot part of my school bills. Three years into our relationship, He wants to get married to me.

I was too young. I just clocked 20years. I was so angry. How dare you preach marriage to me? Oh is it because you are done with education, you want me to be an illiterate performing wife duties? No, that won't happen!!! I couldn't wait to listen to Dayo. I stopped picking his calls.

He couldn't stop calling, I didn't know how he got to my house that night. He cried and wailed claiming he couldn't sleep.

His parents were on his neck for marriage. He felt I would be happy but a poor girl like me was after education and nothing more. I forgave him but nothing made sense to me again.

I gave him attitude, I made him depressed. I wake up to several messages from Dayo daily. He kept disturbing me. But poor me, I still ignored it. Don't blame me, I never knew love could hurt so much.

I resumed school for the next semester, he came around but I didn't allow him to spend the night. Despite my mood towards him, he never stopped playing his part in my education. He buys my handouts, pays my lodge fees.

I blocked him for some period of time due to his constant marriage talks.

Dayo was 33, I was 20. I was young and with a small stature.

In all, he still sent his part(promise) till I graduated. No intimacy, just hugs and French kisses...

Few days ago, I snapped my certificate to appreciate and him for all he did for me. He smiled and said “I am grateful you didn't give up, but but but…"���

Emotions couldn't allow me to finish the story. This is me crying for putting someone in pain...

***to be continued***

Love and Ignorance
#reverend_sister
#ex_ogun_state_corper

Thanks for the information.But I have a question regarding the post.
Re: A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth by Rick9(m): 11:56pm On Sep 18, 2022
markly32:

Thanks for the information.But I have a question regarding the post.
Ask

(1) (Reply)

H*E LEVEL RESULT [satire] — 18+ / Facts Of Communication / Have You Got The Kindle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.