Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

See What Happened The Last Two Times Igbo Men Ruled Nigeria. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Happened The Last Two Times Igbo Men Ruled Nigeria. (5166 Views)

30 Years Ago, A Yoruba Man Ruled Nigeria For Just 3 Months / 2 Lagos-Based Igbo Men Show Support For Tinubu (Video) / Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Happened The Last Two Times Igbo Men Ruled Nigeria. by ambale(m): 2:23pm On Aug 17, 2022
One thing about politicians and their supporters is distorting facts

Ask yourself, are we truly a nation?

What can we do to better our situation at this time, not wiping up unnecessary sentiments

Every region and state should be allowed to flourish, not giving undue advantage to some states at the detriment of others and come online to shout under development

Lets open the nation more for investments, get structures working perfectly, the nation has the potential of becoming great but the people Innit are not really helping matters atall
Re: See What Happened The Last Two Times Igbo Men Ruled Nigeria. by Idiotseverywher: 2:37pm On Aug 17, 2022
tctrills:

The attack of Igbo by Tinubu fading supporters just makes me laugh.
Your attack wouldn't stop anything. Smell the coffee. Cheap tribalism is no longer working.
Tribalism has not stopped the Igbos from conducting their business all over the country.
Tribalism has not stopped the Igbos from slowly taking over Lagos. Today, they are the dominant economic force in the city. In 20 years time they could become the biggest tribe in Lagos because they are currently the fastest growing population in Lagos. You hate and tribalism is not working bro. Try harder.
. Guy these guys are not tinubu Boys, they are Fulani, most of them are trained terrorist, you will easily know them by posting very stupid, senseless and tribal post, and again they don't have shame , very aggressive and insulting when you counter their hateful post with facts, most of them pretend to be Igbo to insult Yoruba or Yoruba to insult Igbo, if you notice very well they are always on nairaland at every minute with hateful and tribal post, they have multiple monikers and work with the mods who are already compromised because, there is no way a sensible mod will allow most of post without being compromised
Re: See What Happened The Last Two Times Igbo Men Ruled Nigeria. by adedayoa2(f): 3:17pm On Aug 17, 2022
Jennifer663:
Let us try Peter Obi for goodness sake.
We've tried PO and Tinubu as Governors, oya check am yourself. Who try pass?

3 Likes

Re: See What Happened The Last Two Times Igbo Men Ruled Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 17, 2022
adedayoa2:
We've tried PO and Tinubu as Governors, oya check am yourself. Who try pass?
My answer is clear!
Re: See What Happened The Last Two Times Igbo Men Ruled Nigeria. by johntolu: 4:40pm On Aug 17, 2022
Felimax:

The absolute truth too difficult to forget too difficult to ignore.

What we are suffering today was enacted by an Ibo who could not see the future but trying to replicate Singapore abi Egypt in Nigeria. Always filled with bogus ideas but never having the clear road map to actualize the ideas.

Nigeria now is in an emergency situation and direly need an experience hand to unify the country.

I am banking on the mandate of Atiku/Okowa because for now they are the only people I can trust with a well detail clear cut road map of what they want to achieve after which a new Nigeria can be birthed.

Hi, Everyone, what is needed, in Nigeria, to solve our myriads of problems, is SEPARATION and not unity.

Nigeria was not designed to work, from inception, by our colonial masters, the British. It was actually designed as a vassal state to be headed by ultra conservative elements like, Ahmadu Bellos, Tafawa Balewas, Muhammadu Ribadus and Zanar Dipcharimas of this world.
The British virtually put everything in place, for Northerners, to dominate the country at inception and perpetually, before the misadventure of the military officers, that orchestrated the January 1966, coup.

A 'thousand of Atikus' and 'millions of Tinubus' can not, in any way, give us the Nigeria of our dreams because of the faulty design of the country, from inception.
The country, will more likely, be worst off, by 2027 and 2031 when there will likely be another round of elections, to elect new leaders.

Obasanjo Presidency tried everything within its powers, to unify the country and laid a solid foundation for economic development and sustainability but that was the period the Northern oligarchy, came up with Sharia laws, in Northern Nigeria and the seed of Boko Haram was planted and nurtured.
Muhammadu Buhari Presidency has been the direct opposite of Obasanjo's legacy in government and Buhari's government has actually made it crystal clear, that it is imperative we go our different ways, NOW!

I must admit I am naive on how best to handle the breakup, but I think it will be easier using the political zones, we have in place, as a 'test run', for the breakup.

Let me say this, on a parting note, as it is now, in 2022, it will likely get worse & worst, in 2027 & 2031, if we still remain as one country, ��
Re: See What Happened The Last Two Times Igbo Men Ruled Nigeria. by colestephan86: 5:00pm On Aug 17, 2022
HeeBraHim2:
I have seen many people claim that if Igbo men rule Nigeria, they will outshine the past president because they have the brains to develop something.

Anyway, I see that as a baseless argument because, if they are what you think they are, the South East they are ruling by themselves won't be the most underdeveloped region in southern Nigeria.

It will not also be the poorest region in southern Nigeria with the lowest IGR.

Anyway, let's go back to the topic! These are things that happened the last time Igbo men ruled Nigeria.

1) Firstly, Azikiwe used the power of the President to seize the University of Lagos and the University of Ibadan, where Yoruba people used cocoa money and their sweat to build, and he used his brother, another Igbo man, to be the leaders of the schools.

2) Ironsi Aguiyi became President after a coup that took the lives of many HAUSA and Yoruba leaders without putting a death sentence on any of the soldiers that carried out the genocide attacks.

3) Aguiyi Ironsi: change the true federalism that the British left for us to a unitary system to have control over all the mineral resources that exist in the country.

Another reason he did that was to prevent a retaliation coup, because once the system has been turned to a unitary system, all military personnel will be under his reign.

4) When Aguiyi Ironsi established the state in 1967, he removed Lagos and Kwara from the Old Western State in order to weaken the political power of the Yoruba people.

Meanwhile, he didn't create any states in the Eastern Region at all, not even Bayelsa or River State.

The calamity of the first coup and changing the true federalism to a unitary system that Igbo man started caused 89% of the problems that we are facing now.
The stupid ironsi chose to take sides, awon bad boys finish work for him body

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened The Last Two Times Igbo Men Ruled Nigeria. by johntolu: 5:01pm On Aug 17, 2022
Mazisimonekpa:
No referendum no election

Mazi Simon Ekpa

'No referendum, No election', might actually be the best way to go, if we want our children to have a country they could be proud of.

Kanu's & Ekpa's viewpoints and 'modus operandi', might not have been the best, in terms of strategy and applicationof 'common sense', but their agitation and struggle, is by far justifiable than what Boko Haram elements, kidnappers and bandits, are currently doing in Northern Nigeria and other parts of Nigeria.
The irony of it all, is that Buhari's government is treating the 'madness', up North, with kid gloves, while using 'Python dance' and brutal force on Kanu's agitation, in Eastern Nigeria.
Re: See What Happened The Last Two Times Igbo Men Ruled Nigeria. by Felimax(m): 5:18pm On Aug 17, 2022
johntolu:

Hi, Everyone, what is needed, in Nigeria, to solve our myriads of problems, is SEPARATION and not unity.

Nigeria was not designed to work, from inception, by our colonial masters, the British. It was actually designed as a vassal state to be headed by ultra conservative elements like, Ahmadu Bellos, Tafawa Balewas, Muhammadu Ribadus and Zanar Dipcharimas of this world.
The British virtually put everything in place, for Northerners, to dominate the country at inception and perpetually, before the misadventure of the military officers, that orchestrated the January 1966, coup.

A 'thousand of Atikus' and 'millions of Tinubus' can not, in any way, give us the Nigeria of our dreams because of the faulty design of the country, from inception.
The country, will more likely, be worst off, by 2027 and 2031 when there will likely be another round of elections, to elect new leaders.

Obasanjo Presidency tried everything within its powers, to unify the country and laid a solid foundation for economic development and sustainability but that was the period the Northern oligarchy, came up with Sharia laws, in Northern Nigeria and the seed of Boko Haram was planted and nurtured.
Muhammadu Buhari Presidency has been the direct opposite of Obasanjo's legacy in government and Buhari's government has actually made it crystal clear, that it is imperative we go our different ways, NOW!

I must admit I am naive on how best to handle the breakup, but I think it will be easier using the political zones, we have in place, as a 'test run', for the breakup.

Let me say this, on a parting note, as it is now, in 2022, it will likely get worse & worst, in 2027 & 2031, if we still remain as one country, ��

RESTRUCTURING!!!

That is why I stand on the mandate of Atiku. Generate and control your resources. That was how it was in the beginning read the op post well.
Re: See What Happened The Last Two Times Igbo Men Ruled Nigeria. by johntolu: 5:21pm On Aug 17, 2022
AntiBMC:

Blabbing balderdash. Whatever those two igbo men did, can't ever come close to what fulani has done and is still doing to this country. Under fulani men rule, the country is backpedaling at breakneck speed to certain doom. Take several seats abeg

We actually surrendered our sovereignty, as Nation state, to the Hausa-Fulanis, partly because of 'divide and rule', tactics of Hausa-Fulanis, but mainly because of our selfishness and outright stupidity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Happened The Last Two Times Igbo Men Ruled Nigeria. by johntolu: 5:28pm On Aug 17, 2022
NuclearWinter:

I never campaigned for nor supported or voted Buhari.

I have been writing against Tinubu and his stranglehold and corruption tentacles in Lagos.

That said, you should realize that not every one who opposes your Igbo project in the form of Obi is an APC Zombie .

My reasons for being totally against Obi are rooted in his politics , his hypocrisy, his incompetence , over ambition, his rogue IPOB supporters and the fact that he has nothing to offer and his campaign is nothing short of an Igbo presidency project.

People like me won't be fooled by your rubbish tribal agenda masked under unproven competence.

@NuclearWinter
What in your honest opinion, is the way forward for us, as Nigerians, to have a working country/Nation of our dreams?
Kindly respond.
Re: See What Happened The Last Two Times Igbo Men Ruled Nigeria. by johntolu: 5:44pm On Aug 17, 2022
NuclearWinter:

A constitutional review is not an executive venture you Pleb.

It is a legislative affair conducted on a National level and all attempts to write the wrong like Obasanjo's proposal for 25% derivatives to oil producing states was resisted by you Igbos who stood with the north on their opposition .

It took Yaradua's tacit diplomacy to his own northern brethren to see to a compromise of 13% being paid .

Then should I remind you of the onshore/offshore dichotomy which you igbos sided with the north to deny coastal states revenue from offshore oil platforms? GEJ was able to rescind this not through legislative action but by a judiciary ruling that ruled in favour of states. Without that ruling, states like Akwa Ibom with their great development strides would have still remained poor and underdeveloped owing to the fact that all oil drilling activities are locates offshore .

Your history in truncating the interests of the Niger Delta is there to see.

You are the real betrayers and not the Yorubas you are quick to label such.

@NuclearWinter
I am not aware OBJ ever made a proposal of 25% derivatives, to all producing states, during his Presidency.
Kindly provide any fact to back up your claims.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: See What Happened The Last Two Times Igbo Men Ruled Nigeria. by ukaface(f): 5:51pm On Aug 17, 2022
HeeBraHim2:
I have seen many people claim that if Igbo men rule Nigeria, they will outshine the past president because they have the brains to develop something.

Anyway, I see that as a baseless argument because, if they are what you think they are, the South East they are ruling by themselves won't be the most underdeveloped region in southern Nigeria.

Anyway, let's go back to the topic! These are things that happened the last time Igbo men ruled Nigeria.

1) Firstly, Azikiwe used the power of the President to seize the University of Lagos and the University of Ibadan, where Yoruba people used cocoa money and their sweat to build, and he used his brother, another Igbo man, to be the leaders of the schools.

2) Ironsi Aguiyi became President after a coup that took the lives of many HAUSA and Yoruba leaders without putting a death sentence on any of the soldiers that carried out the genocide attacks.

3) Aguiyi Ironsi: change the true federalism that the British left for us to a unitary system to have control over all the mineral resources that exist in the country.

Another reason he did that was to prevent a retaliation coup, because once the system has been turned to a unitary system, all military personnel will be under his reign.

4) When Aguiyi Ironsi established the state in 1967, he removed Lagos and Kwara from the Old Western State in order to weaken the political power of the Yoruba people.

Meanwhile, he didn't create any states in the Eastern Region at all, not even Bayelsa or River State.

The calamity of the first coup and changing the true federalism to a unitary system that Igbo man started caused 89% of the problems that we are facing now.
sense you no get.
Re: See What Happened The Last Two Times Igbo Men Ruled Nigeria. by overall90: 7:22pm On Aug 17, 2022
Yoruba used cocoa money to build UI and Unilag .
Na lie go kill you people patapata
Re: See What Happened The Last Two Times Igbo Men Ruled Nigeria. by johntolu: 7:32pm On Aug 17, 2022
CSTRR:
Complete nitwit.

So the fulanis and the hausas that ruled with blood and looted this country to nothing is not part of your calculation?

So Ironsi and AZiKIWE is worse than abacha and babangida and buhari?

Azikiwe that prevented your seccessionist fathers from dividing Nigeria?.

I pray a terrible leader enters ,so that you go suffer well well.

And then let us see how you will go and buy rice and beans from Uche's shop with your bigotry.

@CSTRR
What in your opinion, informed Azikiwe's decision against having a succession clause, in the Macpherson constitution of 1951?
Azikiwe was born in the North and he should have an idea about the mentality of an average Northerner when it comes to power, domination and religion.
I am even more surprised he accepted to serve in a coalition government with Northerners as Ceremonial President.

https://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2017/06/25/my-opposition-to-secession-zik/#.Xy9j7NbRuxk.gmail
Re: See What Happened The Last Two Times Igbo Men Ruled Nigeria. by overall90: 7:47pm On Aug 17, 2022
johntolu:

@CSTRR
What in your opinion, informed Azikiwe's decision to go against having a succession clause, in the Macpherson constitution?

Azikiwe schooled in the US and happens to be the most exposed amongst the nationalists.
He saw how vast,diverce and prosperous the US was and had the same vision for Nigeria, unfortunately he forgot he was dealing with the black race and not white people.
Re: See What Happened The Last Two Times Igbo Men Ruled Nigeria. by Mide3367: 8:49am On Aug 18, 2022
HeeBraHim2:

can't you see that no other tribe as been able to solve the problems? That is why another igbo man in person of peter obi os coming to change everything back
Re: See What Happened The Last Two Times Igbo Men Ruled Nigeria. by Michelle70(m): 7:32pm On Aug 21, 2022
AtikuOkowa:
Naira means "No Any Ironsi to Rule Again". Maybe and those from his circle.

We suffered from those names ending with "I".

Buhari
Ironsi
Shagari

And tgey now want to give us Obi
Re: See What Happened The Last Two Times Igbo Men Ruled Nigeria. by Deadlytruth(m): 3:24pm On Aug 27, 2022
overall90:

Azikiwe schooled in the US and happens to be the most exposed amongst the nationalists.
He saw how vast,diverce and prosperous the US was and had the same vision for Nigeria, unfortunately he forgot he was dealing with the black race and not white people.

But while schooling in the US he, with his own eyes saw Americans practice strict federalism and resource control without any of them advocating for unitary system disguised as call for one-America. Moreover, he read Anthropology from the University he attended in America and in the course content he learnt that a government defined by a very strong center and weak subnational units is very dangerous for an ethnically diverse nation, yet he returned home to preach government of a strong center and advocate one-Nigeria. Then how did what he did amount to an attempt to replicate back home what he saw in the US as you are labouring to have us believe?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News / Boko Haram Denies Killing Their Slain Leader's In-Law / PHCN Official Electrocuted In Ado-ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.