Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News (5157 Views)

Fg Moves To Resolve Tariff Shortfalls In Power Sector As Osinbajo Inaugurates / Osinbajo Inaugurates Electricity Board As FG Moves To Resolve Tariff Shortfalls / Lai Mohammed Launches Campaign Against Fake News In Nigeria - Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by NwaNimo1(m): 11:01pm On Nov 01, 2022
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed lamented Tuesday that his ministry is incapacitated in the war against fake news, disinformation and hate speech ravaging Nigeria now.

Lai Mohammed, who made the lamentation during 2023 budget defence session his ministry and relevant agencies had with the Senate Committee on Information, said the recent terror alert raised in Nigeria by the United States of America, United Kingdom and others, gave the nation’s economy devastating blow.

He cried to the committee that his ministry requires adequate funding to fight fake news, disinformation and hate speech, the latest being the terror alert raised in Nigeria by the United States of America, United Kingdom, Germany among others. grin

“If there is any Ministry that should be adequately funded and not suffer from yearly budget cuts it’s the Information Ministry.

“The terror alerts raised by America and some other countries against Nigeria though debunked but not properly done in terms of putting things in proper context in preventing wrong perception from becoming reality.

“The Ministry is even more incapacitated from discharging its basic functions of getting Nigerians informed at all times as regards position of government on burning issues through yearly budgetary cuts.

“Distinguished Senators, I’m extremely sad as far as yearly budgetary cuts are concerned because it is getting worse and worse by the day.

“A worrisome example of this is that while the Information Ministry was given N2.5billion for capital expenditure in 2022, one third of it, which is N869 million, is earmarked for similar purpose in 2023 fiscal year.

“This to us in the Ministry is very depressing because it seems as if is the main agency bearing the burden of cash crunch being faced by government,” he said. shocked

Chairman of the committee, Senator Danladi Sankara told him that yearly budget cuts is not limited to Information Ministry but to all MDAs generally since capital vote component of the federal budget itself dropped from N2.5 trillion to N1trillion.

However, a member of the committee, Senator Ibrahim Abdullahi Danbaba assured him that budgetary votes would be made available for the Ministry on advocacy for the 2023 general elections.

https://www.blueprint.ng/shortfalls-in-budget-allocation-hampering-war-against-fake-news-lai/

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by Corridon: 11:05pm On Nov 01, 2022
After looting the money budgeted for his office this terrible liar is here telling lies. Imagine someone's father being a liar and a thief? What a man!

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by NwaNimo1(m): 11:05pm On Nov 01, 2022
[img]https://giffiles./216/216371.gif[/img]

...Fake news minister!

23 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by SouthSouth1914: 5:36am On Nov 02, 2022
Minister of lie telling is on the beat again!

22 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by BarrElChapo(m): 5:36am On Nov 02, 2022
Irelevant fools

6 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by NastiLord: 5:36am On Nov 02, 2022
God punish APC and anything supporting them

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by tammyf: 5:36am On Nov 02, 2022
I wonder if this man's children can walk on the road without shame .only one man a liar and a thief . Tufuakwa !

They are think Nigerians are fools( which most are) cos dey will still come back tomorrow with bag of money fir you to vote for them again and you will still see people killing themselves for them to ne voted in. I don't blame them atall.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by Metrofox(m): 5:36am On Nov 02, 2022
Ole

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by Nobody: 5:37am On Nov 02, 2022
Life na teacher

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by OlujobaSamuel: 5:37am On Nov 02, 2022
So Lai is telling us that he needs more money to tell more Lies

15 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by Racoon(m): 5:37am On Nov 02, 2022
grin Lai Mohammed wants to do his last cashing out.

7 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by oyeb15: 5:38am On Nov 02, 2022
If this man work is to be monitoring Twitter, Facebook and fake news, why can't government just scrap the ministry and use the allocation to patch some of our federal roads .

9 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by Antyislam: 5:38am On Nov 02, 2022
Fake news is better than lieing news which you and APC is known for

9 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by Continue619: 5:38am On Nov 02, 2022
All way
Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by Nobody: 5:38am On Nov 02, 2022
From the fake need minister himself.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by Tochi3(m): 5:38am On Nov 02, 2022
Linus muhamumu grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by spacechuks(m): 5:39am On Nov 02, 2022
Another lie from a liar,

The hottest part of hell's fire is waiting for you sir

4 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by SaLongs1(m): 5:39am On Nov 02, 2022
I lived in Kwara for some time and this man epitomises the degree of Kwara state backwardness.

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by babzo(m): 5:40am On Nov 02, 2022
Haaa. See what Baba said o:

He cried to the committee that his ministry requires adequate funding to fight fake news, disinformation and hate speech, the latest being the terror alert raised in Nigeria by the United States of America, United Kingdom, Germany among others. 

Is this not another way to cash out?

How much does it cost to issue a statement of the governments position or to send out a tweet? grin

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by SaLongs1(m): 5:40am On Nov 02, 2022
OlujobaSamuel:
So Lai is telling us that he needs more money to tell more Lies
to loot

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by NastiLord: 5:41am On Nov 02, 2022
holyidol:
Please I need help,
I have three kids, age 7, 5 and 3. I have tried to raise #34000 for their school fees but couldn't,
Please their staying at home crying is killing me, please I need help.
My phone number is 08055717370 while my account number is 3182418810, first bank.
Please if someone can help me out, I will ever be greatful.Please
Discuss this with the school authorities. As e be for u na so e be for us too. Naija now needs person to calculate and strategize.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by Youoareofoolish: 5:42am On Nov 02, 2022
holyidol:
Please I need help,
I have three kids, age 7, 5 and 3. I have tried to raise #34000 for their school fees but couldn't,
Please their staying at home crying is killing me, please I need help.
My phone number is 08055717370 while my account number is 3182418810, first bank.
Please if someone can help me out, I will ever be greatful.Please

Dont do this to yourself young man. Even if you do not have money and NONE of your friends and family members can raise it for you, there are menial jobs you can do daily that shohld fetch you atleast 3000 naira, work your way up to ths 34k you are looking for.

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by ba7man(m): 5:42am On Nov 02, 2022
War against fake news is easy.

Just pick up the top culprits, prosecute them fully with adequate jail terms and the rest will sit up.

There has to be targets and consequences, not running up and down debunking fake news after the damage has been done.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by Antoeni(m): 5:43am On Nov 02, 2022
This Lar Mohammed is Such a Shameless and Empty Headed Man
He Should Try And Fill His Brain before Empting
His Mouth

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 02, 2022
Is well
Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by Gadaluck(m): 5:53am On Nov 02, 2022
Lol, yeye dey smell as always cheesy
Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by lukency(m): 5:54am On Nov 02, 2022
We are talking of food na fake news dey worry this man.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by patriotic007: 6:07am On Nov 02, 2022
Mad and senile old men controls the destiny of millions of vibrant young people......lie Mohammed is one of them

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by Brushstrokes20: 6:09am On Nov 02, 2022
The shithole is a bad joke undecided
Imagine the custodian of fake news, bold faced lies and propaganda, wanting to checkmate fake news

Shameless bunch of self serving, senile simpletons undecided
Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by begge: 6:10am On Nov 02, 2022
Its long i have heard from dis okobo
Re: Lai Mohammed: Shortfalls In Budget Allocation Hampering War Against Fake News by isaacngozi79: 6:16am On Nov 02, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAWsM9XzwAU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9p1qXvl1A8
Plastic Bottles Exposed To Sunlight Can Cause Cancer – Lagos Govt

The Lagos State Consumer Protection Agency (LASCOPA) on Tuesday said the exposure of plastic bottles to sunlight can increase the risk of cancer, hormonal imbalance, and gastrointestinal issues, among other health conditions.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Jonathan Reduces Independence Anniversary Budget to N6.6bn / Ogwu-Ikpele Town In Anambra Is Submerged By River Niger / Describe Ojukwu In One Word.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.